Is Billie Jean really the best MJ song?

• Yes

Votes: 35 27.6%
  • No

Votes: 80 63.0%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 12 9.4%

• Total voters
Try Little Susie, Earth Song, They Don't Care About Us, Speechless or Stranger In Moscow... One of them could easily win the 'best MJ song' title. My money's on Little Susie btw!

We've Had Enough :punk:

There is not best MJ song, just excellent songs. Anyway, my favourites are Stranger In Moscow, Speechless, Money, Jam, Billie Jean, They Don't Care About Us, Bad and others.

I voted No.But i thing it's one of the top 20 of my favorite.

It's a phenomenal song, it really depends on what you look for, i have several of his i would call his 'best' but for different reasons, like best written, best lyrics, best beat, best arrangement, most innovative, one that makes me feel the best etc. But Billie Jean was the song that made me a fan, it made me feel like no music has ever before, i just there unable to understand how much could be so good, everything else i'd heard i'd enjoyed grooved to etc, but this was something else, it really struck through the core, made me feel rhythm still like no other song has. As a bass and keyboards player, well that bass line and all the synth parts are just a joy to play, i've played it at primary school, high school, in my band, at home, at college, everywhere, and i still haven't stopped listening to the record. I don't think it's his best song technically or creatively, but it's deffo his best uptempo for me, and the track that holds such a precious sentimental value

I voted yes as far as the beat of the song and the performance :heart: but lyrically I don't think it is the best MJ song ever

All his songs are the best. hahaha... But I voted no. Billie Jean is in my top three but it's Dirty Diana that is really my favorite then Who is it. I guess I love 'em songs about evil women. Bwahaha...

I can relate with the first two.

Nope. Stranger In Moscow stays at the top of my list.

I've heard many professional musicians sing praise of Billie Jean. They broke it all the way down to talk about its genius, so I def. got help in that department. But at the end of the day, I'm just a music buff with no musicology or whatsoever. I just go by how I feel, so...

Voted "yes". My favourites are always changing but Billie Jean really holds a special place in my heart. It's a masterpiece indeed.

Voted no. Although I love it but it was about making a choice.

Would go for Wanna Be Starting Something as my all time favorite.
It's the most creative song MJ wrote.

I voted no even though I do L.O.V.E. the song. But the people who it is the best song that Michael has ever recorded. Obviously has heard songs like:

Who Is It
Someone Put Your Hand Out
Earth Song
Little Susie
and Stranger In Moscow

Those are just some songs of his that I think that is far more better than Billie Jean.

Best Michael Jackson song ever? No. Not even close. Most of Michael's best are the songs that don't see that much mainstream exposure - Who Is It and Speechless are two fine examples. I would say that Billie Jean ranks among his best songs that see the most airplay (Thriller, The Way You Make Me Feel, Rock with You, etc.), but it fails if you put it up against his entire catalog.

For me it's most definitely in the top 5 best MJ songs. It's a masterpiece. I actually don't know what my favourite MJ song is, but my top 5 includes Billie Jean, Dirty Diana and Give In To Me.

I voted no and it was painfully hard :lol: I LOVE IT but he has way more meaningful and amazing songs, I mean the man has a huge catalog of released and unreleased material that are just genius. Among my faves are:

Earth Song
Liberian Girl
Dirty Diana (which kinda has a similar topic)
They Don't Care About Us
Ghosts

and that's just a tiny selection of tracks

It's not best MJ song, it's only one of my favourite songs. I realy love it and the performance of billie jean at motown 25, it's incredibles. I was obsessed by the rhythm and moonwalk while i was kid.

No definitely not. But it's the most popular one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best Michael Jackson song ever? No. Not even close. Most of Michael's best are the songs that don't see that much mainstream exposure - Who Is It and Speechless are two fine examples. I would say that Billie Jean ranks among his best songs that see the most airplay (Thriller, The Way You Make Me Feel, Rock with You, etc.), but it fails if you put it up against his entire catalog.

"FAILS" is an odd word choice. It doesn't fail, but I don't think its the best of all of his songs, either.
It's up there, for sure and is highly prominent in the minds of the masses....certainly a signature performance song.

I would put MITM, Smooth Criminal, Who Is It, We've Had Enough, Will You Be there, Is It Scary....songs like that, above Billie Jean.

I feel that because it's gets more exposure than any other Michael song, it gets kinda underrated by fans. But Billie Jean is definitely one of Michael's finest works. The best? No, but I've it my top 5, behind Man In The Mirror, Will You Be There, Black or White & Earth Song. However, Billie Jean is definitely Michael's most iconic song and one that truly defines him as an artist and as a performer. Even if you are not a Michael Jackson fan and even if you aren't really into music, you still would have heard of Billie Jean. Truly an iconic song.

Not in my opinion. Not even in my Top 10. I would put Stranger In Moscow, Will You Be There, Smoot Criminal, Man In The Mirror, Who Is It, and so many more above Billie Jean. But I do understand those that put that at #1 because it was groundbreaking when it came out and he created the greatest dance for it.

I think BJ is def one of his best, but he has so many good ones. Who Is IT is a great one, I love it too, can't believe is is so underrated.

I remember when it was released ppl would say it had similarities to BJ. What are the similarities? I really never was able to figure it out. Thanks

The bass-notes are almost the same but in a different order ;)

I don't know about it being his best but it is certainly my favourite. I could never get bored of it

That bass-line is iconic, but I wouldn't rate it as one of his best tracks. It is still a corker though!

Who said BJ is the best MJ song ? It's his more iconic no doubt , but far from being the best .
Songs like Heartbreak Hotel surpasses it .

Back