Is it a really good idea for the trial being televised?

Circumstantial evidence or not, televised or not, MJ will be the one ripped to pieces in the media, there won't be any sympathy for him, those two hawks, Velez-Mitchell and Nancy Grace will see to that. This is not 2003 - 2005, MJ is the 'victim' now in 2011, can any of you really see these talking heads siding with the prosecution? It maybe the first time Nancy Grace will be pro defense!

I'm not looking forward to this trial being televised at all, Michael will be the one on trial again, we will lose count how many times the word molestaion and reference to the 2005 trial will be said and that already pains me.

BTW.....I do believe Casey Anthony killed that child and her 31 day delay in reporting said child missing, her continuous lies and her partying her behind away would've been enough for me to throw her butt in prison, but thats just me.......with that said though, it thrills me to no end to see Nancy Grace being all pissed off yet again that her prediction of GUILT flew right out the window! LOL

Last edited:
It just amazes me that something that has nothing to do with Michael yet they bring up his name. To compare Casey Anthony to Michael in any way is insulting. My fear is that Murray's trial will be treated as Michael on trial part 2.

Circumstantial evidence or not, televised or not, MJ will be the one ripped to pieces in the media, there won't be any sympathy for him, those two hawks, Velez-Mitchell and Nancy Grace will see to that. This is not 2003 - 2005, MJ is the 'victim' now in 2011, can any of you really see these talking heads siding with the prosecution? It maybe the first time Nancy Grace will be pro defense!

I'm not looking forward to this trial being televised at all, Michael will be the one on trial again.

oh well there's not much we can do about that.. MJ is not here to see it.. when he was here he was ripped to shreds and he never fought back. Maybe we can help this time by bombarding Velez and Grace. Also the MJ estate can do something I would think. Just like we stopped the Discovery Channel from airing that autopsy bullcrap, maybe we can stop Grace and Mitchell from being one-sided and biased.

It just amazes me that something that has nothing to do with Michael yet they bring up his name. To compare Casey Anthony to Michael in any way is insulting. My fear is that Murray's trial will be treated as Michael on trial part 2.

Thats my feeling too.

oh well there's not much we can do about that.. MJ is not here to see it.. when he was here he was ripped to shreds and he never fought back. Maybe we can help this time by bombarding Velez and Grace. Also the MJ estate can do something I would think. Just like we stopped the Discovery Channel from airing that autopsy bullcrap, maybe we can stop Grace and Mitchell from being one-sided and biased.

Those two heifas will just laugh in the faces of the fans like they did back then once more. They have their podium and they will make good use of it. I can already see them lining up Dr. Murray's 'poor' patients to defend him night after night.

Thats my feeling too.

Those two heifas will just laugh in the faces of the fans like they did back then once more. They have their podium and they will make good use of it. I can already see them lining up Dr. Murray's 'poor' patients to defend him night after night.

Don't watch it.. just watch TruTV or HLN during the actual trial. Don't watch the followup shows at all

I'm not looking forward to this trial being televised at all, Michael will be the one on trial again, we will lose count how many times the word molestaion and reference to the 2005 trial will be said and that already pains me.

BTW.....I do believe Casey Anthony killed that child and her 31 day delay in reporting said child missing, her continuous lies and her partying her behind away would've been enough for me to throw her butt in prison, but thats just me.......with that said though, it thrills me to no end to see Nancy Grace being all pissed off yet again that her prediction of GUILT flew right out the window! LOL

LOL I love your last line! I'm glad too that Nancy Grace is irritated by the Anthony verdict. Nancy Grace acted like the judge and jury and convicted Casey all on her own.

However, I'm not really worried about how Nancy Grace will behave once the Murray trial begins because I remember in the days following Michael's death she questioned very much Murray's actions. In fact, I don't remember any of these talking heads speaking in favor of Murray (of course, I could have missed something).

And thanks to those here who reminded me that Murray's case is different from Casey Anthony's in that Murray's has an overwhelming amount of evidence, and not circumstantial. Still, there is that pesky reasonable doubt the defense needs to plant in the jury's mind...I hope the prosecutors are capable of putting up a good fight.

How is that "celebrity" thing a refernce to casey anthony? shes not even a real celebrity for crying out loud! God the media are so dumb they need to learn how to think before they speak and constantly refering mj's case to anthony's case is just utter stupidity.
For real,

Jane Valez is an idiot.. Looking like a damn rat.. Michael didn't get off, Michael was innocent and his accusers were liars.. Maybe Jane Valez should talk to Aphrodite Jones about MJ's case, since she is clueless as hell
Quoted for TRUTH
Exactly!! there is nothing circumstantial about Murray. He injected MJ with anesthesia and left him alone to chat with his girlfriends. That is a fact. Besides Murray is on tape admitting to what he administered, and there are plenty of witnesses such as the bodyguard, the chef, the cook, MJ's kids and the EMT folks.
There is nothing circumstancial I agree, but the media is still gonna twist and turn it

Very true
Thats my feeling too.

Exactly

I would like to watch. Much of the evidence collected is still unknown to us and it would be an opportunity to know more about what happened to Michael. Also, as a lawyer it's an interesting case. I want to see the defense and the prosecution arguments. I don't know if I will be able to watch on line as I do not have cable.

Its good for us in getting to hear the facts.presuming theres non stop streaming.otherwise we would have had the b.s media spin as i doubt we would have got the transcripts like last time.the mute button will come in handy for the defence case and yes i feel sick at seeing actual court room footage.

I would like to watch the defense. I would like to hear what Murray's lawyer will say.

This might be a bit off-topic but I just have to post this. An american friend of mine (not MJ-fan) posted this on his fb:

"
I have to admit, I agree with the verdict for Casey Anthony. She is definitely selfish, has the priorities of a party girl rather than a responsible mother, and seems rather callous and uncaring. People like Nancy Grace and Geraldo Rivera have done nothing but villainize her in the media because of her character flaws.
Not everyone should be a parent, and that seems to apply to her, but without an actual case against her as a murderer I never really saw her as guilty of that crime."

So I'm thinking that it's not just us, the fans, who see beyond people like Nancy Grace. I hope so. I really hope people are starting to wake up to think with their own brains instead of submitting to be force-fed by the media.

Yes. 05 coverage was awful!

As for nancy grace, she will tear this murder up. This is no casey anthony case. There is all the right evidence murder needs.

This crazy case is already making me ill. I will be away from the boards during the trial and just see the horrible night of June 25 unfold on television.

Last edited:
Yes. 05 coverage was awful!

As for nancy grace, she will tear this murder up. This is no casey anthony case. There is all the right evidence murder needs.

This crazy case is already making me ill. I will be away from the boards during the trial and just see the horrible night of June 25 unfold on television.

For the first time Nancy Grace may just be pro defense in this case. She will cover this case trying to appear fair but without a doubt Michael will be maligned by her throughout!

People around the world are beginning to see the media for what it has become-FILTH! People around the world are successfully discovering on their own both Michael Jackson the most amazingly gifted artist and Michael Jackson the even more amazingly beautiful human being and this fact is evident in the growing number of new Michael Jackson fans around the world! People are beginning to 'know' for themselves (without any help(!) from the f#@%ing media) who the real Michael Jackson was, and how he was tortured, maligned and crucified by the media. Now they love him and miss him and hate what was done to him. The media WILL NOT be able to fool, dupe or mislead people about Michael this time. Mark my words.

Last edited:
Thankfully we don't have Nancy Grace inflicted on us in the UK, I think the only benefit in the trial being televised is that the media can't get away with the kind of dishonest reporting that it did in 2005, it won't stop them from putting their anti MJ spin on it but at least people can see and hear for themselves what is being said.

As for comparing the Anthony verdict to the Simpson and Jackson ones, the only similarity is that in each case and in almost every case the media acts as judge, jury and executioner before the trial has started, infact before investigations are completed, then when a jury actually does their job and shows that they are not influenced the jury gets the blame! well they have to say something to get the egg off their faces.

Whether or not that woman murdered her child we will never know, but it is scarey to see the weirdo's outside the court with their banners baying for blood. Maybe one day they will be in the wrong place, or be in a position where they are accused and god help them.

I would say stay away from Grace etc. during the Murrey trial, don't add to their viewing figures. It is going to be hard enough without letting them get to us as well.

I just know that the media will potray Michael as the evil, wacky drug addict and they'll potray Murray as the good, sweet innocent doctor who was in way over his head

I know I shouldn't be watching Nancy Grace but I had her show on just to watch what else she has to say about the Casey Anthony case (she just can't let it go heh) when what does she do but puts up a parade of images of famous celebs who were acquitted of the charges at their trials and one of them of course, was Michael Jackson. The tone of her little rant was that most of these people later paid for what they did in other ways (i.e., with death, more jail time for other crimes, etc). She didn't outright say that but that was her snarky tone (with the usual scowl on her face).

Still, I do think that she will be pro defense for the Murray trial because I do recall her questioning Dr. Murray's actions.

That's what the defense will do, no doubt. He'll do whatever he can do defend Murray and put Michael in the defendant's chair.

I just know that the media will potray Michael as the evil, wacky drug addict and they'll potray Murray as the good, sweet innocent doctor who was in way over his head

People around the world are beginning to see the media for what it has become-FILTH! People around the world are successfully discovering on their own both Michael Jackson the most amazingly gifted artist and Michael Jackson the even more amazingly beautiful human being and this fact is evident in the growing number of new Michael Jackson fans around the world! People are beginning to 'know' for themselves (without any help(!) from the f#@%ing media) who the real Michael Jackson was, and how he was tortured, maligned and crucified by the media. Now they love him and miss him and hate what was done to him. The media WILL NOT be able to fool, dupe or mislead people about Michael this time. Mark my words.

Good Post!

I just saw this "Law Professor" (Richard Herman) on CNN discussing the Murray trial and the delays caused by the defense wanting to view raw footage from "This Is It". This "Law Professor", who was clearly on the defense side, stated that Michael was 6'1" tall and weighed 165 lbs. He was questioning the state of his health based on this height and weight. Wasn't Michael 5'9"?

I just saw this "Law Professor" (Richard Herman) on CNN discussing the Murray trial and the delays caused by the defense wanting to view raw footage from "This Is It". This "Law Professor", who was clearly on the defense side, stated that Michael was 6'1" tall and weighed 165 lbs. He was questioning the state of his health based on this height and weight. Wasn't Michael 5'9"?

This 'Law Professor' has no idea what he was talking about.. Mike was listed as 5'9 136 lbs.. where in the hell did this law professor get his facts? and the facts remain, Murray was there with MJ, what does he need to see footage for if he was there with him? Murray should've known Mike's weight, height and other vitals before he started injecting him with dangerous amounts of sedatives and anesthesia

I don't understand why DisGrace still has a job at HLN? Obviously it's the ratings but, who in their right mind want someone who gets not 1 put 2 high profile cases (Casey Anthony and Michael Jackson) verdicts DEAD WRONG!? Kinda destroys her and the network credibility as so called professional in their field! Especially, when all they really did was bash, bash, bash!

She should have gotten fired just like Diane Demon from CourtTV after MJ Won and then CourtTV disappeared! lol That's what should have happen to DisGrace and HLN cause it's nothing but a rehashed version of CourtTV anyways, notice all the same people getting hired that used to be on CoutrtTV, it's disgusting!

This 'Law Professor' has no idea what he was talking about.. Mike was listed as 5'9 136 lbs.. where in the hell did this law professor get his facts? and the facts remain, Murray was there with MJ, what does he need to see footage for if he was there with him? Murray should've known Mike's weight, height and other vitals before he started injecting him with dangerous amounts of sedatives and anesthesia

I think these so-called professionals make up their "facts" out of thin air to support their biased opinions.

It's a good thing that it will be televised because, as it's been said, this time people will know exactly what has been said and wont have to rely on the media reports which have proven to be less than reliable several times. Obviously the defense will try to portray Michael as a sick drug addict, but I also think the witnesses for the prosecution have very damaging testimonies.

What I dread is what would happen anyway, the media circus around it, with so called legal experts giving their opinions, and anesthesiologists talking about propofol, the endless speculation about Michael state of mind and health, stalking of the kids to see how they're living through this, and of course the inevitable reruns of 05, as if it has anything to do with it.

Murray was there with MJ, what does he need to see footage for if he was there with him? Murray should've known Mike's weight, height and other vitals before he started injecting him with dangerous amounts of sedatives and anesthesia

Excatly!

Yes and no. Yes because it would allow more people to see what's truly happening inside the courtroom (unlike in 2005), but no because it can also mess up the whole case with all the media there...

It's not meant for CM, the defense is planing on showing parts to the jury to convince them Michael was not healthy.

Which would still be an aggravating factor in my book, because despite his frailty, CM would not only have done nothing to help, and furthermore he would still have gone ahead with the propofol injections

It's a bit of a double edged sword this. Whilst I agree it's more open and it's good that we don't have one sided journalism like we had during the trial everything is going to be in the open and it treats Michael like a circus act

Back