Is Kenny Ortega a genius??

Is Kenny Orgeta a genius?

• Total voters
Kenny deserves so much credit for his help in making Michaels dreams a reality, not just for This Is It but in past projects. I don't think hes a genius though although I believe he truely believed in Michael and wanted what was best for him and had Michaels best interests at heart!

I had to think about it for a minute but... to have directed the successful concerts that he has, and the high school muscial franchise he has to be a genius.

Thought this was too random to make a new thread about it - but have anyone else noticed that it's an interpolation of "Man In The Mirror" playing in the intro to High School Musical 2?! :ph34r:

He is good at what he does. However not a genius, it was Michael who was coming up with the ideas for the concerts and not him and AEG.

I think that he is only person in the world who could create Michael's vision. The partnership between Michael and Kenny would've created the GREATEST CONCERT OF ALL TIME!!!

All comments accepted!!!!

Edit: Thanks for the replies and thanks for voting!!!!

Agreed. I also think that a lot of fans tend to forget all the great movies this man has directed in his lifetime. They only think about High School Musical. Plus Kenny was co-creator of Michael's Dangerous Tour and HIStory Tour. Michael trusted Kenny and knew he could count on him to bring together those "ideas" in his head. I've seen the clips of the Light Man costume and what was going to be done. It was out of this world. If only Michael could have performed just one concert. Seeing the TII movie and the way Kenny put that together made me feel like I was sitting right there watching Michael on stage. God Bless, Michael and Kenny Ortega!

no hes not his a killer along with AEG and Dr murry its all was a plot to kill MJ and get this movie out so they can make some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ but of course Kenny AEG will walk away counting there $$$$ and laughing all the way to the bank

no hes not his a killer along with AEG and Dr murry its all was a plot to kill MJ and get this movie out so they can make some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ but of course Kenny AEG will walk away counting there $$$$ and laughing all the way to the bank

sorry, but writing nonsense like this make you sound like a lunatic. Throwing around wild accusations..where are your proof? Where you in the house when Murray gave MJ the proposal?

no i was not in the house but tell me this why did AEG take out a policy on MJ and tryed to collect it when he died

If Kenny is a murderer, then he would of done this BEFORE the Dangerous Tour started.......AND there were recorded rehearsals for the dangerous Tour....Its on YouTube.

Silly accuastions...................

Now to go back on the topic of the thread!!!!!!!!

i think the earth song clip at the end, where michael tells him how it should end properly says it all. Michael is an example of creative genius, kenny is brilliant at what he does, but he doesnt have that spark, he is great at making michaels spark burn a little brighter though

ok i dint know he was on the other tours sorry i take back what i said

Isn't it closed yet? I think it is disrespectful to make a poll about somebody's talents. I mean it's great to celebrate somebody's talent but who are you to judge if somebody is genius or not? The word itself is abstract... Kenny is very talented! And this thread is stupid...

Isn't it closed yet? I think it is disrespectful to make a poll about somebody's talents. I mean it's great to celebrate somebody's talent but who are you to judge if somebody is genius or not? The word itself is abstract... Kenny is very talented! And this thread is stupid...

It was just meant to be a bit of fun...........

And how else is somebody supposed to be called a genius........do we wait for a phonecall from God to confirm it???

Kenny's the guy who made it possible for us to share in Michael's genius one more time. I'm sure it wasn't easy for Kenny especially since it was so soon after... And for that I'll always respect Kenny, but no, I don't see him as a genius.

He's a good director but I think many ideas for the shows came from Michael.

He's a very talented director,I love him,but not a genius.

Kenny Ortega is very talented and proficient, but not a genius. Michael Jackson was the genius who was putting the This It It production together, the ideas came from Michael's imagination. Kenny Ortega's job to help bring Michael's ideas to life (and Kenny Ortega always say's as well) and to oversea things on the technical, production and various other creative parts when Michael was doing something very specific in rehearsal or couldn't be around to oversee things.

I really don't know. For This Is It, I doubt anyone could have done a better job at bringing MJ's vision to life because he and the gifted one were just so in sync. Kenny really seemed to have a complete understanding of what Michael wanted to create.

So if genius is having the ability to accurately tap someone's creativity and express it as they wanted, yeah, I guess he would be a genius in that regard.

I really like Kenny. he seems like a great guy.
BTW I googled him but the only stuff that I found was about him working with MJ or with High School Musical ..what I was wondering about his bio, is he married, has he got any kids.. stuff like that. I couldn't find that kind of info.

didn't he make high school musical? that fact just right there eliminates his "genius" . that was solar crap of a movie.

and This Is It + HIStory tour + Dangerous tour is all Michael and the gift God gave to him

Ehh... a genius? Ok, stop this talk. Just because he worked with Michael doesn't make him a genius. This thread wouldn't even exist if Michael hadn't worked with him.

I really don't know. For This Is It, I doubt anyone could have done a better job at bringing MJ's vision to life because he and the gifted one were just so in sync. Kenny really seemed to have a complete understanding of what Michael wanted to create.

So if genius is having the ability to accurately tap someone's creativity and express it as they wanted, yeah, I guess he would be a genius in that regard.

I agree!

the word genius is so depreciated...
he's not a bad director, but genius? not even near

I love Kenny.. he gave us the last gift from Michael. Thank you, Kenny.
But the only genius for me is Michael.

Back