Is the Estate still planning to release HIStory Tour 3D?

Personally, I don't think so, but as always I respect your opinion :)

Regarding Michael's feelings over the tour, like I've said, he DID cancel a Christmas release of the Munich show because he was unhappy with his performance. Personally I feel like he really wasn't happy with the tour. It was a shadow of the phenomena he had put on during the Dangerous and Bad tours.

as always you make a good point dude, but Michael had propofol in his hotel room during those shows in Munich. now that we know this, the estate will never release those two shows. or at least i hope, he did release copenhagen if i remember correctly! which is understandable! i love that show a lot, regardless of the lip syncing.. the visual side should take importance i this time around i think.. Brunei is electrifying! it should only be sold through the official website though, unlike the never ending promotion that the BAD & Dangerous Tours should get

No, they DO have Victory and Triumph footage.. We know for sure Dallas, Mile High Stadium, and Kansas City are for sure filmed from Victory tour ( as we have seen some of this footage, and in many biographies it talks about Michael hiring a film crew to capture it.

The thing with The Jackson Tour releases (Victory and Triumph and Destiny) is that the Jacksons also get a piece of the pie, and with all the negotiation and things that would have to be done for those releases, i doubt they would go to theaters. I think for sure that footage will be released eventually, but not in theaters.

If they are going to release a tour to be shown in theaters, it would need to be a Bad Tour show from the second leg. As people would know just about every song, It is sang 95% live, and the energy is phenomenal. I would say Los Angeles 1989 would be a good cinematic release, as we know it was shot on film.

Michael had a camera crew with him to film as much as possible.. During tours every show was shot on film, so the raw footage could easily be brought up to HD.. Just look at the Man in the mirror clip from moonwalker.. And Another part of me from Bad 25th.. All different places but still HD.. So if they are smart, they should either give us a HD Bad or Dangerous tour.. We've got so much from HIStory

Amsterdam footage (TDCAU Scream and ITC from Moscow) Incredible energy!
Acoustic's in the Amsterdam Arena where terrible.. Looked like echoes came from everywhere!

Michael had a camera crew with him to film as much as possible.. During tours every show was shot on film, so the raw footage could easily be brought up to HD.. Just look at the Man in the mirror clip from moonwalker.. And Another part of me from Bad 25th.. All different places but still HD.. So if they are smart, they should either give us a HD Bad or Dangerous tour.. We've got so much from HIStory

All concerts were shot on tape not film. Just like the Wembley dvd we have. I would think that only few concerts were shot on film(we can't know exactly how many).

Last edited:
9 bad tour concerts exist in HD, i imagine several for Dangerous (oviedo & bangkok perhaps) and two for HIStory maybe (Munich & Leipzig)

I was under the impression the hd footage for Man in the Mirror from Moonwalker and APOM was specifically shot for the film and single releases, and the Bad25 version of APOM was left over footage from the editing process? But then I've also seen hd clips of Bad from LA89 on The One dvd.

Guys, I'm confused because Spike Lee's documentary was made before,during or after the release of Bad25 Wembley? If it was made before or during, then The Estate had hd footage of JUST APOM? And not a full concert? Because it is said that soon after the release of Wembley that concert footage was found on film.

Is there absolute clarification that a full Bad88/89 concert was located on film and is in the possession of The Estate? Or is it just rumoured, but from a good source? I'd really like to know, beyond doubt, one way or the other. It's one of my dreams to see Bad88/89 and Dangerous 92 concerts on the big screen.

History in 3D would be awesome indeed! But even more exciting would be Victory on DVD. And Triumph, and Destiny and good quality footage of the early 70ies.... ***dreaming...***

Is there absolute clarification that a full Bad88/89 concert was located on film and is in the possession of The Estate? Or is it just rumoured, but from a good source? I'd really like to know, beyond doubt, one way or the other. It's one of my dreams to see Bad88/89 and Dangerous 92 concerts on the big screen.
Several people who worked on the tour have said that full concerts were filmed:
http://icolorist.com/grading-michael-jackson/
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-film/page14?p=3786601&viewfull=1#post3786601
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-film/page15?p=3817152&viewfull=1#post3817152

Of course there is no 100% confirmation before Estate says something. That Warren Eagles guy and Mr. Pecchi worked on the films so I think it confirms that concerts do exist on film. :)

Do we even know for a fact that there was only ONE show filmed in HD and/or 3D?

I'm sure there were more than just the Munich one.

And thinking about it, why settle for one show? Why not do what Beyonce did for her I AM world tour and edit various concert shows into one consistent mix? It could show the wide variety of venues and audiences, and also being able to add in songs that weren't necessarily from ONE show.

Fans make big deal out of the Bucharest 92 having few shots from other shows, which mostly is crowds shots. this was discussed to extend. they don't want such thing, cause the feel cheated. they want the real deal. eventhrogh mixing 2-3 nights, using one as basis is common.

Some of the performance of Black or White on the Bucharest DVD is spliced with footage from Wembley. Same with several other songs, including Jam and Thriller, if memory serves me.

Several people who worked on the tour have said that full concerts were filmed:
http://icolorist.com/grading-michael-jackson/
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-film/page14?p=3786601&viewfull=1#post3786601
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-film/page15?p=3817152&viewfull=1#post3817152

Of course there is no 100% confirmation before Estate says something. That Warren Eagles guy and Mr. Pecchi worked on the films so I think it confirms that concerts do exist on film. :)

Thanks, and thanks for the links also. Would be great if The Estate confirmed it but perhaps it's to soon after Bad25 to mention they have Bad Tour footage on film, although I wouldn't mind personally as I loved Bad25. Of course film would be the ultimate, but perhaps in time it will happen. :)

Thanks, and thanks for the links also. Would be great if The Estate confirmed it but perhaps it's to soon after Bad25 to mention they have Bad Tour footage on film, although I wouldn't mind personally as I loved Bad25. Of course film would be the ultimate, but perhaps in time it will happen. :)

there's film footage from Minneapolis, Lausanna, Cork & Werchter also! plus, L.A was going to be released in 1990... so they filmed a few shows for that.. I'm fairly sure there is at least 6-9 for the BAD Tour out there! personally I wanna see Liverpool or Wembley July 14th released but any of them would be great! let's just see what happens.. in addition to the shows that are rumoured to have been shot on film for the Dangerous Tour, I saw film Camera's present in the Santiago & Mexico concerts (Amateur versions)!

I heard about that plan about LA89 shot for a possible release. It's amazing to me that a film reel for such a project would go missing. It's sad that there's possibly film reels in a warehouse somewhere rotting. Perhaps most footage is found or in the hands of collectors.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Zakk there's film footage from Minneapolis, Lausanna, Cork & Werchter also! plus, L.A was going to be released in 1990... so they filmed a few shows for that.. I'm fairly sure there is at least 6-9 for the BAD Tour out there! personally I wanna see Liverpool or Wembley July 14th released but any of them would be great! let's just see what happens.. in addition to the shows that are rumoured to have been shot on film for the Dangerous Tour, I saw film Camera's present in the Santiago & Mexico concerts (Amateur versions)!

AtlasAir;3908733 said:
Do we even know for a fact that there was only ONE show filmed in HD and/or 3D?

I'm sure there were more than just the Munich one.

And thinking about it, why settle for one show? Why not do what Beyonce did for her I AM world tour and edit various concert shows into one consistent mix? It could show the wide variety of venues and audiences, and also being able to add in songs that weren't necessarily from ONE show.

Just to show an example of how that release turned out...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UDuUjMG6ac8?rel=0" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I could imagine this ^^ being done when he brings up a girl for You Are Not Alone, or anytime he talked. Just show various shows with different girls.

The whole concert wouldn't have to be edited like this. On most songs, it could just play out as if it's ONE show, or a different city for every song.

It could simply be called Michael Jackson-The HIStory World Tour.

Just an idea.

If they do release a HIStory Tour, I actually like your idea. I like the way the Beyoncé concert is done. Madonna also did something similar a few years back with Hard Candy. They could take the best performances from each HD HIStory show and with the best quality soundboard available make a great concert film. MJ had some of his biggest hits with the HIStory album in the UK and other countries with Scream, SIM, You Are Not Alone was massive and Earth Song was the Christmas #1.

Watching a complete Victory Tour pro-shot has been a revelation though. I expected it to be good, but nowhere near as outstanding as it is. Every aspect of that show is incredible from the vocals, dancing and raw energy. Michael is youthful and looks fantastic. Working Day & Night is amazing on this tour, well everything is actually. It would make an outstanding concert film in HD with an amazing soundboard mix. I would love if they released Victory Tour in a similar style to Queen's excellent Hungarian Rhapsody, which at various points of the show such as Brian May's guitar solo spot it showed footage of the band out and about around Hungry. Freddie Mercury out shopping for antiques, Rodger Taylor talking to a kid and Brian May getting into a hot air balloon and lots of other clips of the band on a boat, joking with fans etc. Imagine during various interval's, like Jermaine's solo spot (Jermaine plays a great funky bass riff they should show) we see clips of The Jackson's fooling around or shopping or meeting fans etc. Not over done (maybe half a dozen times with a few backstage clips) and only when there's nothing visually essential going on, on the stage. Give the show a proper film feel. Honeslty, Michael is epic on The Victory Tour.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care which one is picked, if it goes theatrical I am there with bells on!

You need to look at the bigger picture. Yes seeing MJ on the big screen would be exciting for fans but if the HIStory Tour is picked it will damage is reputation as a live performer due to the obvious 90% lip syncing. People who have never seen MJ live before will come away from that thinking that MJ was a lip sync artist who never sings live.

When MJ is being represent as a live performer to the general public then he needs to be shown at his best and while i do like the HIStory Tour it's not him at his best

I did like the History tour (mostly for those lovely gold pants XD) But I agree that it wasn't Micheal's best. Visually it was awesome, but vocally it was disappointing. I hope they don't put it out in theaters, I understand that it was his most recent tour and all but any Bad or Dangerous Tour show would be much better in theaters.

I have a question, it's a little unrelated, but still pertains to History.
Was his mic on at all while he was lip-singing or did he have some sort of built in speaker in the mic? I just can't see nor understand why he'd lip sing right infront of a fan, when he calls a girl up for You are Not Alone, or even when the Seoul man jumped the crane, did he just lip-sing in their ear?
I mean some of the playback sounded like it was coming from the live mic.

I love the History tour, and I don't really care about the lip syncing... but a compilation of footage from his best/most popular performances of songs, including some that were only included for portions of the tour and later dropped or whatever, could possibly overcome the problem. I would perceive any History tour release being a 3D DVD/Blu-Ray release rather than a release to cinema. But it's all speculation.

I don't get the objections to lipsyncing b/c Motown 25 in 83 where he first did the moonwalk was lipsynced and that didn't stop people from going wild over it, did it. Then he lip-synced for the Grammy medley where he danced to Dangerous. I just wonder if people are that sensitive to it in general--

I don't get the objections to lipsyncing b/c Motown 25 in 83 where he first did the moonwalk was lipsynced and that didn't stop people from going wild over it, did it. Then he lip-synced for the Grammy medley where he danced to Dangerous. I just wonder if people are that sensitive to it in general--

Yes, people are that sensitive of lipsynching now (it's not 1983 any more). It's enough that most of his TV performances are lip synched. I have seen people question him because of that and saying: "Why do people think he's such a great pefrormer when he always lip-synchs?" The Estate should disspell this opinion rather than reinforce it by releasing a concert to cinemas that is 98 % lip synched. They should rather show that it's NOT true that he always lip synched (because it's not true) and that he can sing live great. I think Michael should be represented to the general public in a cinema release at his best not at his worst to open him up to unnecessary criticism. Also it's easier to explain away the lip-synching in one-off TV performances but a concert that is almost fully lipped is not a good look by any measure.

Last edited:
Had I not been told I wouldn't have noticed, I wasn't looking for that. There are many reasons not to use history tour but I don't think lip syncing is the main reason.

Had I not been told I wouldn't have noticed, I wasn't looking for that. There are many reasons not to use history tour but I don't think lip syncing is the main reason.

It's nitpicking to me, and the only ones who think that didn't grow up watching him. really who cares. Visually he was great to watch lip syncing or not.

The difference is that those were seen as just one off performances so people can be more forgiving of lip syncing then, but when it comes to a full concert people aren't as forgiving when it comes to lip syncing

It's nitpicking to me, and the only ones who think that didn't grow up watching him. really who cares. Visually he was great to watch lip syncing or not.

I've grown up with Michael all my life so to say that people who are against the HIStory Tour are people who have never grown up with him is wrong. And I care about the HIStory Tour possibly being released to cinemas because I care about Michael's legacy as a live act. I don't want people to think that Michael was a lip sync artist who didn't sing live

I really don't understand why some fans insist on having the HIStory Tour released in cinemas, when he had much better tours to choose from (Bad 1988 and Dangerous). When Michael is being represented as a live act to the general public don't you want him to be shown at his best? The HIStory Tour is Michael's weakest tour and that should not represent him as a live act

Last edited:
I would hate it if they made their decision off what is said on these websites which is what they usually do and it doesn't represent what everyone feels. I'd rather go see Michael lip syncing than watch a lot of other singers today who are not.

Last edited:
I would hate it if they made their decision off what is said on these websites which is what they usually do and it doesn't represent what everyone feels. I'd rather go see Michael lip syncing than watch a lot of other singers today who are not.

And I'd rather go see Michael singing live most of the time and being shown at his best. Michael will be ripped apart for the obvious 90% lip syncing on the HIStory Tour and I don't want that to happen.

Lip syncing is really looked down on and made fun of now a days. Even Michael knew this, which is why he wanted to sing live as much as possible for This Is It

Last edited:
If that's true then it should have already happened since most of his TV shows were done that way and like myself some ppl never got round go to concerts so all I've seen is lipsycing. It surely didn't rip his career apart. I don't think history tour should be on screen either but mostly for the mistakes that were in it not the lip syncing.

If lip syncing wasn't the main problem on the HIStory Tour then what was? It couldn't be the dancing because the dancing was still great. With the exception of Munich 1997 but Michael was sick during that performance. Which by the way is probably the performance The Estate will end up using because that's the only one available in HD (Unless The Estate as another performance in the vaults that we don't know about)

Last edited:
The ripped pants, he fell several times and let's face it those gold pants showed way too much Michael. Another one he dropped his leg, the guys doing the floor with cloths you name it Alot went wrong. I can't name it all. I can guess he wouldn't want that tour on the big screen.

Back