Is the Estate still planning to release HIStory Tour 3D?

It's a damn shame that possibly the only HIStory concert available in HD is the worst concert on the HIStory Tour

Someone needs to go through all European shows and see which ones we've seen least of.

Prague & Zaragoza 1996 or Sheffield 1997 are very rare!! these are my personal choices! I love the short snippets from these venues!!! may be in HD also

A European show narrows it down I imagine although i haven't had time to properly look. I'll look into it if I get any time.

My Mom went to several of the concerts on History Tour, she was in Munich too. We have several of them on VHS tape at home since many of them was on TV too, just a few days after the concert actually took place. The one from Gothenburg that we have is in really good quality. Way better then the one from Wembley.

I was at Sheffield and I remember a LOT of cameras around including ones filming the audience, one came right by the railing I was standing at...have no idea why it was shot as it wasn't up on the jumbotrons.

dam2040;3907518 said:
A European show narrows it down I imagine although i haven't had time to properly look. I'll look into it if I get any time.

it's confirmed we'll get one of these shows!

First leg
Europe
September 7, 1996 Prague Czech Republic Letna Park
September 10, 1996 Budapest Hungary Népstadion
September 14, 1996 Bucharest Romania Lia Manoliu Stadium
September 17, 1996 Moscow Russia Dynamo Stadium
September 20, 1996 Warsaw Poland Bemowo Airport
September 24, 1996 Zaragoza Spain Estadio La Romareda
September 28th & 30th, October 2nd 1996 Amsterdam Netherlands Amsterdam Arena

Second leg
Europe
May 31, 1997 Bremen Germany Weserstadion
June 3, 1997 Cologne Mungersdorfer Stadion
June 6, 1997 Bremen Weserstadion
June 8 & 10th 1997 Amsterdam Netherlands Amsterdam Arena
June 13, 1997 Kiel Germany Nordmarksportfield
June 15, 1997 Gelsenkirchen Parkstadion
June 18, 1997 Milan Italy San Siro
June 20, 1997 Lausanne Switzerland Stade Olympique de la Pontaise
June 22, 1997 Bettembourg Luxembourg Krakelshaff
June 25, 1997 Lyon France Stade de Gerland
June 27th & 29th 1997 Paris Parc des Princes
July 2 (MY BIRTHDAY ;)) 1997 Vienna Austria Ernst-Happel-Stadion
July 4 & 6 1997 Munich Germany Olympic Stadium
July 9, 1997 Sheffield United Kingdom Don Valley Stadium
July 12, 15 & 17 1997 London Wembley Stadium
July 19, 1997 Dublin Ireland RDS Arena
July 25, 1997 Basel Switzerland St. Jakob Stadium
July 27, 1997 Nice France Stade Charles-Ehrmann
August 1, 1997 Berlin Germany Olympic Stadium
August 3, 1997 Leipzig Festwiese
August 10, 1997 Hockenheim Hockenheimring
August 14, 1997 Copenhagen Denmark Parken Stadium
August 16, 1997 Gothenburg Sweden Ullevi
August 19, 1997 Oslo Norway Valle Hovin
August 22, 1997 Tallinn Estonia Tallinn Song Festival Grounds
August 24 & 26 1997 Helsinki Finland Helsinki Olympic Stadium
August 29, 1997 Copenhagen Denmark Parken Stadium
September 3, 1997 Ostend Belgium Hippodrome Wellington
September 6, 1997 Valladolid Spain Estadio José Zorrilla

Last edited:
I was at Sheffield and I remember a LOT of cameras around including ones filming the audience, one came right by the railing I was standing at...have no idea why it was shot as it wasn't up on the jumbotrons.

Interesting! As you can see Sheffield was the very next stop after Munich, only five days later. So possibly Sheffield was also shot on HD? Perhaps this is the rare concert that mkgenie mentioned?

Who actually confirmed that Munich was the only HIStory concert filmed in HD? Is it actually possible there could be more?

Zakk;3907659 said:
it's confirmed we'll get one of these shows!

First leg
Europe
September 7, 1996 Prague Czech Republic Letna Park
September 10, 1996 Budapest Hungary Népstadion
September 14, 1996 Bucharest Romania Lia Manoliu Stadium
September 17, 1996 Moscow Russia Dynamo Stadium
September 20, 1996 Warsaw Poland Bemowo Airport
September 24, 1996 Zaragoza Spain Estadio La Romareda
September 28, 1996 Amsterdam Netherlands Amsterdam Arena
September 30, 1996
October 2, 1996

Second leg
Europe
May 31, 1997 Bremen Germany Weserstadion
June 3, 1997 Cologne Mungersdorfer Stadion
June 6, 1997 Bremen Weserstadion
June 8, 1997 Amsterdam Netherlands Amsterdam Arena
June 10, 1997
June 13, 1997 Kiel Germany Nordmarksportfield
June 15, 1997 Gelsenkirchen Parkstadion
June 18, 1997 Milan Italy San Siro
June 20, 1997 Lausanne Switzerland Stade Olympique de la Pontaise
June 22, 1997 Bettembourg Luxembourg Krakelshaff
June 25, 1997 Lyon France Stade de Gerland
June 27, 1997 Paris Parc des Princes
June 29, 1997
July 2, 1997 Vienna Austria Ernst-Happel-Stadion
July 4, 1997 Munich Germany Olympic Stadium
July 6, 1997
July 9, 1997 Sheffield United Kingdom Don Valley Stadium
July 12, 1997 London Wembley Stadium
July 15, 1997
July 17, 1997
July 19, 1997 Dublin Ireland RDS Arena
July 25, 1997 Basel Switzerland St. Jakob Stadium
July 27, 1997 Nice France Stade Charles-Ehrmann
August 1, 1997 Berlin Germany Olympic Stadium
August 3, 1997 Leipzig Festwiese
August 10, 1997 Hockenheim Hockenheimring
August 14, 1997 Copenhagen Denmark Parken Stadium
August 16, 1997 Gothenburg Sweden Ullevi
August 19, 1997 Oslo Norway Valle Hovin
August 22, 1997 Tallinn Estonia Tallinn Song Festival Grounds
August 24, 1997 Helsinki Finland Helsinki Olympic Stadium
August 26, 1997
August 29, 1997 Copenhagen Denmark Parken Stadium
September 3, 1997 Ostend Belgium Hippodrome Wellington
September 6, 1997 Valladolid Spain Estadio José Zorrilla

I hope we get a 1997 date, Michael seemed more alive or happy on stage then. When i watch the 1996 dates he is good but looks like he wants to end the show and get it over with. maybe he was tired alot?

great!! I've always loved seein clips of the Sheffield show! I went to that venue last year, great place! you're so lucky, and it's highly likely that they did film a few shows in hd after Munich! It would be nice to get another show from in England though! so close to where I live! so excited, and I'll love seeing Michael in Cinemas! with such depth of detail :)

Interesting! As you can see Sheffield was the very next stop after Munich, only five days later. So possibly Sheffield was also shot on HD? Perhaps this is the rare concert that mkgenie mentioned?

Who actually confirmed that Munich was the only HIStory concert filmed in HD? Is it actually possible there could be more?

HD cameras can be used over and over again when the footage is stored on the hard drive! so yes it is highly possible there is more shows than just Munich recorded later than July 6th!

I still say that the HIStory Tour should be released only as a low key DVD/blu ray release for fans.

That was also the case at the Amsterdam ArenA show on June 10th 1997. I was also standing in front and there was a camera man coming to us asking if we could say hi to Michael at the end of the show (Michael's crew).

The opening night of the second leg. Blood in the red jacket completely out of nowhere and the fan wolf whistling him when putting his mic belt on which made him giggle.

That was also the case at the Amsterdam ArenA show on June 10th 1997. I was also standing in front and there was a camera man coming to us asking if we could say hi to Michael at the end of the show (Michael's crew).

what were the Kind of Camera's they used? were they HD or standard definition?

what were the Kind of Camera's they used? were they HD or standard definition?

Don't know, I was 12 years old. Standard definition was the standard at the time, so I wasn't aware of the high definition technology.

I hope it's a different show other than Munich since it's gonna be a rare one

Surely it would be a different show from Munich if they proclaim it to be rare. I mean besides Bucharest, Munich is like THE most watched MJ concert ever.

If the release happens it is most likely going to be the Munich concert. I wouldn't expect it to be other one(of course it would be good).

John Branca says that he would like to see the Germany concert that it is HD released around 23:20:

If the release happens it is most likely going to be the Munich concert. I wouldn't expect it to be other one(of course it would be good).

John Branca says that he would like to see the Germany concert that it is HD released around 23:20:

then if they're just releasing Munich, what was that stuff about the rare quality show that Mkgenie said?? it'd be stupid if they release Munich, simple as. -_-

Copenhagen August 1997:

Munich July 4th/6th 1997:

Near the end Michael's Vocals become electrifying in Copenhagen, this proves that Munich is In fact Michael's worst shaped show. I really hope Mkgenie is telling the truth and we do get a rare show, that isn't Munich.*

Zakk.

Last edited:
I'd like to see one of the 1996 shows released. Preferably Bucharest, Brunei or Kuala Lumpur. If they are available in HD and then have Blood On The Dance Floor from 1997 as a bonus feature

I'd like to see one of the 1996 shows released. Preferably Bucharest, Brunei or Kuala Lumpur. If they are available in HD and then have Blood On The Dance Floor from 1997 as a bonus feature

it'd be weird if they release a leaked show officially! 1996 woul be best choice in my opinion (Prague or Zaragoza, Maybe Amsterdam) or Bremen 1997 (Red BOTDF Jacket) but most likely is that it will be a show performed after Munich when they could re use the HD Camera's! Maybe Sheffield, Copenhagen (Prefarably Birthday Show) anything other than Munich, I'll be happy with! :)

Copenhagen 29th of August was pretty weak. Watch the amateur footage.

I think that there was a show from 1997 where Michael performed The Way You Make Me Feel and Off The Wall Medley. I'd love to see that show released because Michael didn't perform those two songs that much in the 1997 leg of the tour.

it'd be weird if they release a leaked show officially! 1996 woul be best choice in my opinion (Prague or Zaragoza, Maybe Amsterdam) or Bremen 1997 (Red BOTDF Jacket) but most likely is that it will be a show performed after Munich when they could re use the HD Camera's! Maybe Sheffield, Copenhagen (Prefarably Birthday Show) anything other than Munich, I'll be happy with! :)

Brunei was the best. :)

Brunei was the best. :)

because of the first verse of scream huh? maybe that show is on Multitrack so they could have Stranger In Moscow, You Are Not Alone and Heal The World with Live Vocals! they seem to be going in the direction of Multitracks! which doesn't really bother me, although most shows only have the stage board audio! Copenhagen audio sounds perfectly fine to me! Just hope it won't be Munich, as long as it isn't. I'll be happy with any show! :)

because of the first verse of scream huh? maybe that show is on Multitrack so they could have Stranger In Moscow, You Are Not Alone and Heal The World with Live Vocals! they seem to be going in the direction of Multitracks! which doesn't really bother me, although most shows only have the stage board audio! Copenhagen audio sounds perfectly fine to me! Just hope it won't be Munich, as long as it isn't. I'll be happy with any show! :)

Brunei was great because it was a really energetic show.

Brunei is a very energetic concert!

what about Gothenburg?

what about Amsterdam? Live Beat it Vocals September 28th! no ponytail for Billie Jean, Beat it was also sung live in Sydney! I heard because the playback tape broke for that performance! an extra live song in 1996? yes please :D

I love the Amsterdam performances. I'd say those are some of the best on the tour.

Back