It feels surreal

I can't deal with this. I can't. This is just unbelievable. My life as I know it is over.

My friend called me around 6:30 pm eastern time and told me this. I turn to cnn and they weren't sure, I had to go out. So I kept hoping that when I returned I would here that it was not true, but it is and i'm devastated right now.

I think most of the fans are in disbelief. I am trying to come to terms with it, but cannot. I don't want to believe he's gone. I just feel such a huge loss.

When I heard it came from TMZ I hoped it was not true, but I had this awful gut feeling that it was.

I havn't slept and the tears won't stop, it will be a struggle to function today. It is the same shock and disbelief as when Diana died, and I can't bear watching the news, Uril Geller, speculation about drugs, the usual suspects peddling the usual negative aspects of his life. For pity's sake can they not just talk about him as the most talented person who ever walked this planet, or the humanitarian work that he did?

He has left the world a legacy that will live on long after we are gone.

When i woke this morning after about 4 hours sleep i forgot for a moment, then i heard Fox news coming from my amplifier and it hit me again. It's true. He's really gone. Now I can't stop crying. Everything about this sucks.

I don't know what to do :(
This is sooo sad. I don't even have any tears left.

yes it does. surreal is the word of the day for us all

It's very surreal, I can't understand it yet. It'll probably take few hours/days for me to realise that Michael is gone. And then starts the hysterical crying.

my sleep was full of nightmares, sudden wake-ups and stress!
I woke up calling out in the air.

Michael Jackson ment so much to me. He was a safety to me.
He was an inspirational energy.
I can't believe that he is lying liveless at the hospital now.

I hope his soul is free, and that he is a better place now.

My prayers are with the 3 children, the rest of his family and his friends!

STILLLL. it's still surreal. I keep waiting to hear it was a publicity stunt. How is he gone? and SO fast! My heart aches...I can't see his adorable face anymore tonight or I might crack....I hope he's bathing in all of this loe and I hope it fills his empty spot.

this cant be real.

Michael has always been there. He helped me through so many difficult times in my life.

And now he is gone and who helps me with that loss?
It's so horrible :(

Oh my God I can't believe it's true. It's so sad! I just can't BELIEVE it!

MJ has been such a great inspiration and helped me through so many struggles I feel so horrid right now.. it hurts so bad

There was so much in store for Michael and, in turn, the fans so it makes his untimely death all the more shocking and difficult to deal with. I have mostly come to grips with the reality of this unfortunate turn of events, but when I think of the possibilities of what could have been I find that I get a bit angry and then I begin to think about how so much time was thrown away over the most recent trial with the Arvizos. As we all witnessed, Michael did not look too good at many points during the trial due to the stress it presented him and while I know it may not have at all contributed to the cause of his death, I cannot help but think that the trial took a lot of out him.

Michael was probably the sweetest man to come out of the 20th century (even more so than Fred Rogers) and the world definitely isn't as great without him but I think he would have wanted us to celebrate his life and that is precisely what I intend to do.

P.S. Just picture Michael's smile and tell me you don't feel a little better. He had the best smile I have ever seen.

That is the word. Surreal. I keep going from denial and shock to uncontrollable tears

Absolutely unreal, I cannot wrap my head around this. Very few celebrities in the past have died where there is this surreal feeling. With the shows getting ready to begin, all the talk of tickets, the way he looked in good spirits during the announcement... absolutely hard to comprehend.

yes... it feels like a nightmare... I was sitiing near the computer for the last hours.. and now I have to go to university... And I don't know how to do that.. Talk to people, answer them... It's like this world became another today,, everething has changed... I just want to shout... Michael! We love you....... Heaven was waiting for you... but why so soon..... Our dearest King...

I'm just really glad i don't have college today

Just reading all the comments made on the site and it feels so strange to be speaking about his death. :(

Last edited:
Now I feel like it has sinked in, but it feels so strange you know. He was so full of energy everything he was doing, you just couldn't imagine it. I heard Michael sells so many albums right now, shows what a unequaled talent he is. You will live forever Michael.

As soon as i saw the very first shot of the hospital and the news talking about MJ having had a heart attack i knew he would die. Thats just the way it is. If it had been some Z list celeb who had had a heart attack the news would now be "they are recovering in hospital".

I used to think about this. How we will have to watch every actor and musician we grew up with die and how it would be exactly as it had been for Michael. Shots of a hospital, rumours of being rushed in, and then the announcement of their death.

I just can't wrap my head around this. It's completely surreal. Sure, I've been crying all day. I've had my breakdowns, feeling like I'm going to throw up, been just devastated but still... still I can't believe it. I was going to see him in exactly one month. 26 july. I just can't understand that I'm not.

He's always been this immortal, perfect, living, beautiful and surreal person that I always knew existed somewhere. I didn't care that I didn't get to see him (ofc I did, but I mean I survived anyway) because I always knew that I was on the same earth as him. He was doing something. Maybe the same thing as me?
And now he's not.

NO. NO. NO. No way. I refuse to believe it. I can't make myself believe it. Just the thought of actually really realizing it kills me. I would just die.

R.I.P Michael. We love you most

Why do always the good ones die too young?

I keep repeting myself that this is real. Michael is dead. Gone. Passed away.
It feels horrible!
I keep reading my friend's message she sent me this morning, I keep reading it.. but I just can't understand that this is real. I think I'm just so shocked. I never saw this coming. Everything looked so good! The concerts coming.. God. I.. I don't know what to say. The news will probably hit me tomorrow and I realise that this is it. He's gone now to a better place.

Maybe I understand my dad better now, he also lost Elvis in 1977. Also gone too soon.

I still can't believe it. This is just soo unfair. He had soo much more to give to this world! I am crying at the same time I can't believe it. It's like a non real state of mine, I'm in.

i had in actual nightmare last night, the 1 hour i was able to sleep, i then woke up and actually wished i could go back into that nightmare. you must remember to let your emotions go. if you need to cry, then cry. your body is going through a process of healing. its like catching a cold. once you get a virus and defeat it, that same virus will not affect you nearly as bad again. let your mind go through the motions so it can build defense and begin healing. it will happen, i promise.

My heart refuses to believe this has happened. Im waiting for someone to tell me its all a big hoax. Its really hard to comprehend that he isnt among us anymore. Why did this happen.

Back