Jackson family tribute concert / October 8th, 2011 / Initial details @ post 87

Do you plan to attend Michael Forever Tribute?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 162 91.0%

• Total voters
Cheers, but isnt it the 4th August when the tickets are released?
;
I think it's for ticket registration, but then they have to pick those who will actually get tickets, i.e those who promised the most to charity. It's very confusing. Then I suppose they'll announce who gets a ticket on oct 4th.

Last edited:
So they expect us to buy a ticket (+ donations) to a concert with no artists????

And isn't the ticket supposed to be a donation???......

......by the looks of it, the charity donation is completely separate to the ticket money.......in other words the ticket is not for charity as you have to pay additional money for charity!!!!

This is Fraud!!!!!!!

This isnt a case of fraud to be honest, obviously the cost of the ticket includes running costs to hire the stadium plus the line up are not gonna do it for free I shouldnt imagine.
Asking for a donation aswell as purchasing a ticket is not fraud...

Plus buying a ticket for a concert with no current line up is done quite alot considering musical festivals that happen in the UK, so I don't think its unheard of

From what I´ve heard now this tribute was planned before they pushed back the trial. Katherine is very stubborn and wants to go forward with the plans. It´s also a mark for his 40 years as solo entertainer. They also say the family won´t profit a thing from this. (which sounds strange). About the tickets, I think you chose how much you´re willing to donate/pay for the ticket. If you are picked you pay, if you´re not picked you won´t pay.

This was just info, I´m still not happy with the timing and all.

moodyblue97;3445166 said:
They also say the family won´t profit a thing from this. (which sounds strange). About the tickets, I think you chose how much you´re willing to donate/pay for the ticket. If you are picked you pay, if you´re not picked you won´t pay.

Yeah, the family not participating in something they wont benefit from would really be surprising. Especially some members.

Re-ticketing system : it's extremely discriminating. Only those who can afford to donate a lot have a chance; dont forget to include travel and lodging. If it works like I understood it, they'll know 4 days before the event if they got a ticket. Not what I call respectful of other people's lives.

Anger at Michael Jackson tribute concert ticketing system

PB250711JACKSON-130.jpg
Fans hoping to go to the Michael Jackson tribute concert will be picked by the amount of money they donate to charity on top of the ticket price.
Chris Hunt, boss of gig organisers Global Live Events, told CNN profits from the October 8 Michael Forever show would go to charities in the United States and Britain. These are The Prince’s Trust, Aids Project Los Angeles and a cancer charity.
But fans logging on to buy tickets, which will not be available until August 4, are told: “Choose your ticket price and tell us how much you will give to the charities at the time of purchase.
“Remember the more you pledge to charity, the more chance you have of getting a ticket.
“Tickets will range from £55 to £289 plus shipping. The amount of your pledge is up to you.”
Jacko fan Daniel Robertson, from Cardiff, was appalled. The 32-year-old and his wife Ceri want five tickets for themselves and their three children.
The British Gas worker, of Mynachdy Road, Gabalfa, said: “It’s going to be like a lottery for the rich for myself and my family because the ticket prices are really high.
“They are steep ticket prices regardless, and then you have to donate to charity.
“I do a lot of work for the MS Society but it is wrong that you should be considered by the amount of money you can give to charity.”
On the concert’s Facebook page Caroline Rowley, who also lives in Cardiff, said: “What an utter disgrace. Choose what price you want to pay and then donate to a charity?
“The more you donate the more you stand to get a ticket? Disgusting.”
Mayah Thomas said: “Makes no sense does it?”
Jackie Segers claimed donations should go to Africa “to honour Michael”.
“I’ll gladly donate then, even if I can’t attend,” she said.
Ben Baggins expressed her “deepest and most sincere indifference”.
“I give my money directly to charities,” she added.
Natascha Derycke branded the affair “so sad”.
The Echo contacted Global Live and was referred to PR company Franklin Rae.
A spokeswoman claimed she was not aware of the situation and was unable to comment.
The Millennium Stadium is owned by the WRU.
A spokesman said: “We will, as usual, ensure that all ticket distribution complies with the stadium’s obligations.”
He insisted the company only provided the venue, adding: “We will ensure that the promoter is aware of any concerns raised in relation to the sale and distribution of tickets to the concert.”

http://yourcardiff.walesonline.co.u...ael-jackson-tribute-concert-ticketing-system/

Anger at Michael Jackson tribute concert ticketing system

It is but to laugh!

Seriously, did they not think that folks would be OUTRAGED by this obvious scam!

They have the nerve to reveal the MONEY part of this scam, but a potential ticket buyer still does not know exactly what they are paying for. What a crock!

This tickets 'saga' reminds me of lottery 'saga' during the Victory tour and how Michael was outraged by it. They repeat it in the same way after so many years. :doh: Look around for Don King:unsure:
?his time, unfortunately, no one can stop them! 'deep sigh'

Even if she wasn't touring she wouldn't be involved. For whatever reason, unlike MJ, she is left alone when it comes to them and their schemes.

My point EXACTLY. She wasn't touring, etc. when Jermaine came up with the Vienna "tribute" (that fell flat, no surprise there). I've never heard of the family imposing on her to 'carry the load' like Michael was. That may change now that she's the 2nd most successful Jackson sibling still with us.

Yes but im sure that janet didnt respond bout that vienna trip either and yes she is pretty much the only successful jackson now. But i doubt they will bugg her for money as they have the mj estate for that :rolleyes:

This tickets 'saga' reminds me of lottery 'saga' during the Victory tour and how Michael was outraged by it. They repeat it in the same way after so many years. :doh: Look around for Don King:unsure:
?his time, unfortunately, no one can stop them! 'deep sigh'

That's what I thought of as well..It's just a bit of reshuffling of the characters with Katherine and Latoya replacing Jermaine and Randy :lol:

:sigh:

janet is not supporting cuz her male counterpart, her bald headed brother ain't taking part in it

That's what I thought of as well..It's just a bit of reshuffling of the characters with Katherine and Latoya replacing Jermaine and Randy :lol:

LOL its all too confusing anit it

The Echo contacted Global Live and was referred to PR company Franklin Rae. A spokeswoman claimed she was not aware of the situation and was unable to comment.

I find it hilarious when the PR firm you hire to basically "hype-up your product" and "speak on your behalf" is UNABLE to comment. LOL!

Hey people, what is the fuss here?
You wanted tribute,well, maybe you'll soon have it.
What is the point to explain how disappointed you are, offended or even disgusted by the actions of the Jackson family?
We don't know yet which artists will participate, we didn't hear the exact ideas of this tribute. Maybe it should excite us much more, don't you think?
Maybe this way the world once again will realize what a great artist and a person lost and asks a fair punishment for his killer. Because how many people which aren't Michael's fans know when the trail begins? This tribute / if it's well done / will draw attention to Michael again.
The only thing that bothers me is the requirement for a donation on sales of tickets. It is not fair.
I agree

Hate to say this, but I'm happy at the backlash. The ticket selling scheme is preposterous.

Esentially, fans are being forced to donate to charity. They could have built-in the charity component into the price of the ticket, instead of having it as an add-on. There is also no transparency, the company producing and promoting this is a new venture, and there is NO guarantee, absolutely NONE, that all the monies contributed to charity will even go towards the cause.

Typical Jackson family shady-assness. Yes, it reminds me of the Victory tour ticket fiasco that Michael put a stop to.

well, actually it stopped being exciting after the Vienna tribute.

and the London tribute.

and the Rome tribute.

have I forgotten any more tributes?

So I guess you pay for your ticket, tell them how much you are prepared to donate on top of this and then you wait!! If you haven't donated enough you don't get your ticket but your money back - the money you paid for your ticket is earning interest - you will wait a while before you get a refund. Rip off.

So I guess you pay for your ticket, tell them how much you are prepared to donate on top of this and then you wait!! If you haven't donated enough you don't get your ticket but your money back - the money you paid for your ticket is earning interest - you will wait a while before you get a refund. Rip off.
for real.

I would give all my money to see Michael in the This Is It concerts!
I will never give a penny for any of those Jackson family members and their tributes that embarrass Michael!
I don't give a damn about the artists that will be attending because Michael won't be there, simple as that!
Michael and only Michael!

Yes, ticket prices are high and fans have to add the cost of the charitable contribution, hotels, travel (flights etc).
The 75,000 seat stadium is in Cardiff too, so not exactly the easiest place for international fans to visit, especially if they aren't told they're getting a ticket until a few days before the event. They're NOT going to be able to fill that venue with local people unless they give the tickets away. They should have held it in London where the local population is very high and it's easy for national and international visitors to get there.Yes, ticket prices are high and fans have to add the cost of the charitable contribution, hotels, travel (flights etc).
The 75,000 seat stadium is in Cardiff too, so not exactly the easiest place for international fans to visit, especially if they aren't told they're getting a ticket until a few days before the event. They're NOT going to be able to fill that venue with local people unless they give the tickets away. They should have held it in London where the local population is very high and it's easy for national and international visitors to get there.

Also the weather in Cardiff in October could be awful. Don't they realise it's not like LA? Does it have any kind of roof? LOL

So they expect us to buy a ticket (+ donations) to a concert with no artists????

And isn't the ticket supposed to be a donation???......

......by the looks of it, the charity donation is completely separate to the ticket money.......in other words the ticket is not for charity as you have to pay additional money for charity!!!!

This is Fraud!!!!!!!

Exactly. And people who want to go there, are not MJ fans.

a disaster is coming

I can't wait :lol:

passy001;3445001 said:
I just wish the moderators on this forum (ie Ivy and co) could actually place a banner educating the fans of this scam cooked up by the Jacksons. The forum should be a bit more pro-active in this regards to try and protect its userbase (MJ fans) from falling victims of this obvious scam.

This is NOT an attack on moderators. It's merely a suggestion.

qbee;3445023 said:
^^^^ passy001 while I agree with most you have stated
Actually everything you just said has already been stated and discussed in this thread. Plus Ivy and co have been educating pro activley several times in this thread alone. Maybe go back and read the thread. You will also learn here in this thread that Jacksons do not need permission from estate to sing MJ songs. anyone can sing MJ songs in concert. Plus none of the fans here have shown they are falling victim or support what they are doing in any fashion as far as I can see. but Fans are allwed to support or not based on the info they recieve and I think they are getting good information right here. This thread is at the top of the board main News forum for all who Enter to see. That's banner enough

qbee is right. from the announcement of the tribute we were asked about an official MJJC stand in this issue. The truth is we don't have a MJJC stand. Why? Because we consist of multiple people with multiple opinions.

Our duty is to inform you and bring as much as information as we can and the rest is personal decisions.

(note: I didn't know that I had a co :p )

moodyblue97;3445166 said:
From what I´ve heard now this tribute was planned before they pushed back the trial. Katherine is very stubborn and wants to go forward with the plans. It´s also a mark for his 40 years as solo entertainer.

could be but I think it should have been delayed.

They also say the family won´t profit a thing from this. (which sounds strange).

I don't believe for a second and here's why

thegirlwasbad Slave to the Rhythm
lol Jermaine and Randy want no part of this tribute because they won't see any money from it.
25 Jul
in reply to @thegirlwasbad ↑

@jermjackson5
Jermaine Jackson
@thegirlwasbad actually, we were offered good money to participate in tribute concert. we declined. it's not about the money

Jermaine confirmed that they are offered "good money".

I would give all my money to see Michael in the This Is It concerts!
I will never give a penny for any of those Jackson family members and their tributes that embarrass Michael!
I don't give a damn about the artists that will be attending because Michael won't be there, simple as that!
Michael and only Michael!

Exactly. Why anyone wants to pay money to hear Rihanna sing beat it, or watch lady gaga attempt to do the moonwalk is beyond me. Michael was what made a Michael song and performance amazing.
Besides, who would want to go to a concert to hear MJ songs sung by others, only to be reminded that you'll never ever again get a chance to see MJ in concert again? No way.
And there's no way in hell im putting money in the Jackson brothers' pockets. I'll support the estate, as the money goes to MJ's kids, but supporting his brothers? No thank you.

Michael Jackson's Family Shoots Down Tribute Concert

Singer's estate denies support for event in Wales

By Matthew Perpetua
July 27, 2011 10:20 AM ET

main.jpg
Katherine Jackson and La Toya Jackson attend the press conference announcing Global Live Evennts' International Historical Trubute Concert honoring the late pop icon Michael Jackson.
Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images

Michael Jackson's estate have released a statement denying their support for a concert paying tribute to the late King of Pop scheduled for October 8th in Cardiff, Wales. According to the estate, they had never authorized the use of Jackson's name for the concert, which is called Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert.

In addition to the trouble with Jackson's estate, the tribute concert has also lost support from the singer's brothers Jermaine and Randy, who announced that they were not comfortable with the fact that the show would take place during the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, the physician charged with involuntary manslaughter in his death. In a joint statement, the brothers said that they support the idea of the concert, but they feel that "the most important tribute we can give to our brother at this time is to seek justice in his name."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/michael-jacksons-family-shoots-down-tribute-concert-20110727

Yes, ticket prices are high and fans have to add the cost of the charitable contribution, hotels, travel (flights etc).
The 75,000 seat stadium is in Cardiff too, so not exactly the easiest place for international fans to visit, especially if they aren't told they're getting a ticket until a few days before the event. They're NOT going to be able to fill that venue with local people unless they give the tickets away. They should have held it in London where the local population is very high and it's easy for national and international visitors to get there.Yes, ticket prices are high and fans have to add the cost of the charitable contribution, hotels, travel (flights etc).
The 75,000 seat stadium is in Cardiff too, so not exactly the easiest place for international fans to visit, especially if they aren't told they're getting a ticket until a few days before the event. They're NOT going to be able to fill that venue with local people unless they give the tickets away. They should have held it in London where the local population is very high and it's easy for national and international visitors to get there.

Also the weather in Cardiff in October could

be awful. Don't they realise it's not like LA? Does it have any kind of roof? LOL
it has a roof that can be closed and opened on demand

I have no problems with the Jackson's hosting a tribute concert for Michael
I think if it is ever played out as well as it was promoted it could be very beautiful.

But there is too much attached that cause people to look at the Jacksons' with critical eyes.
The actions of the family since MJs death cause people to look at this with crtical eyes. The many failed tributes
touted by famly members. The people surrounding Katherine and the children. Her business manager Howard
Mann who disrespects MJ and tied his children to a suspect biz contract. The fact they battle Michael's estate
instead of trying to work with them. The fake HTWF fiasco, Joes antics in selling and exploiting Michael Latoya's
very bizare behaviour, book and statements defending Murray and accusing the executers of being part of a
conspiracyto murder MJ. The fact that Michael Jackson own Estate was not even imformed of this event by
Katherine makes it seem suspect (something to hide). The family is divided Jermaine and Randy do not
support this becuase of the dates coinsiding with Murray trial ... Plus more

Now katherine has tried to cushion those accusations with her statement she does'nt believe they are involved
and hasnt seen any evidense to implicate them. She may very well feel that way but making it on the day of
this announcement seems suspect and more like PR damage control then a sincere attempt to make right with
Michael's Estate.

The timing doesnt seem appropriate. but even that could turn out be good for MJ becuase it could
cause the worlds attention to focus on Michael and bring more support for Justice for MJ during the trial
But it shoudl have NEVER been scheduled on that date. Just out of respect of the seriousness of this trial

The Ticket Lottery worst idea ever and donations should not be obligatory in order to recieve a ticket.
In fact they shot themselves in the foot with that. Many wont pay or even donate feeling they can not
financialy compete with those who can afford the tickets plus a hefty donation attached. That leaves most
of Michael's fans out of the picture. Not only was it a terrible idea. Its just not right Period.

Last edited:
Back