Jamiroquai

they are amazing live, much better than on studio albums imo. and each time sound differently, especially with Jay Kay’s vocal improvisations.

i love this performance - Montreux Jazz Festival 2003

Alright - fragment from 2:53 to 5:06 is just priceless.

Blow Your Mind - more soulful version.

Last edited:
*bump*

I've just started to listen more to Jamiroquai lately. They're really cool. I have to buy some of their greatest hits -album or something..
My favourite songs are Seven Days In Sunny June, Virtual Insanity, Electric Mistress and Little L. :)

I am going to be involved in an interview with JayKay (as he lives in my home county) my boss who owns an internet television station has signed him up for an exclusive talk about his bands new album and any other news he has.

Quite a priveledge to be a camera operator on the interview as I literally WORSHIP Jamiroquai. Well not literally, but it goes.. Mike, Stevie Wonder, Jamiroquai. Pretty high up!

^ absolute brill, congrats! if you're allowed or if it airs, do share please.

^ absolute brill, congrats! if you're allowed or if it airs, do share please.

It will air on BucksTV which is basically a local television station, but with rising costs of putting a channel onto SKY or Cable and with the rise of popularity and speed of the internet it is a great way for local people to see whats going on in their area.

The first video that comes up is something I shot on Friday ('Celebrity' football match) and he gets it out and onto the website in a day or two, which is pretty impressive. No out of this world editing but its put together nicely and its fun. And its perfect work experience for someone like myself looking to break into the television industry as a camera operator.

Anyway, when I know more I will keep you informed in this thread!

I Love Jamiroquai too!
I've seen them in concert in Montreal (Metropolis)in.. year 1997 if I remember right.. not sure.. have to check my ticket! It was awesome!

Great band, funky full of energy and Jay Kay's reputation to always sing right is.. actually true, he never misses a note.
Would like to see something new from them, it's been a while...

I need to come in this section more oftern

Love Jamiroquai- tight funky 70's rhythms, mixed with rock and dance.
and personally I love singers that can stand out and Jay Kay definetly has his own style

my fave songs are
music of the mind
you give me something
Everyday

i hope the new album will be less 'pop' but even if not i can't wait for the tour =P
they are one of the best live performing artists in the world.

Hi guys,

I agree Jamiroquai are my favourite artist group after the Master himself. Can you imagine if Michael had ever collaborated with these guys?! PHEW, would have been even more phenomenal than they are standalone.

My favourite tracks are:
Deeper Underground
Virtual Insanity
Cosmic Girl

I downloaded a few of their tracks on itunes the other day, tracks that I'd never heard of before, but I trust their artistry so I'm sure I will love them :)

Have you noticed how all the tracks have very interesting names, and there seems to be a space/cosmic theme?

Music with meaning, couldn't ask for more

i hope the new album will be less 'pop' but even if not i can't wait for the tour =P
they are one of the best live performing artists in the world.
I think some of the later stuff had a techno sort of vibe, not pop so much.

^ yes, there were a few heavy and noisy techno-style songs on the later albums (Feels So Good, Feels Like It Should, Black Devil Car), but also some lighter tunes that sound more electro-(dance)-pop like Hot Tequilla Brown, Love Blind, (Don't) Give Hate a Chance. but whatever it was all of them sound just too noisy and/or bland for me.

^ Timely post there, DD. Apparently Jay Kay has said that they will be supporting Stevie Wonder, and want to play some stuff from their 'new album'. The latest buzz is for a September 2010 release. It may even be true.

One thing that's promising is that there are a heap of summer gigs posted on their website. Only Euro gigs though.

Perhaps Foxy knows what's up?

Last edited:
I've been listening to them a lot again lately. Just last night I checked their Web site to find that they were actually on tour. It seems to have been kept very quiet.

The more I listen to them the more I realise how underrated they really are. I'm glad we have them. Maybe I'll see them in concert some time.

Automaton

Here's their new video uploaded today. I don't know who's in the band now, but seems like they've gone full electronic on this track.

Back