Janet Jackson Makes First Public Appearance In Over a Year

When i saw those photo's of her in 2012, oh my god... the feeling's :wild: but she looks too different now, she's definitely had a facelift.. her eyes are lifeless.
Haha-sorry, I'm just curious? By "feelings" are you talking sexual attraction?

I saw this while checking my Yahoo! email yesterday and like clockwork the comments were ridiculous to downright cruel. She doesn't look drastically different to me. The only "drastic" change I see is her weight gain and that isn't anything new. Janet's been quite open about her fluctuating weight issues over the years. Her face is fuller because of the weight gain. She's 48 years old and looks pretty damn good, better than most (her age AND younger), lol!

Exactly. What is all this foolishness about people saying they don't like how she looks and how she used to be a beautiful black woman!!! Well what type of woman is she now? Isn't she still a beautiful black woman. Sometimes I wonder what I read. Janet and any woman/man/person can change their looks anytime they want to. They have a right to self-express in different ways. There is no law that says they have to remain stagnant. I loved Michael with his pre-teen look, 70s look, 80's look, all the way to the 2000 look. Janet could arch her brows way up to the hair line and I would like it. I can see she put on weight, but I guess when she is tired of that she will lose the weight again, and so be it. She looks great and I hope she has a wonderful day.

Last edited:
Exactly. What is all this foolishness about people saying they don't like how she looks and how she used to be a beautiful black woman!!! Well what type of woman is she now? Isn't she still a beautiful black woman. Sometimes I wonder what I read. Janet and any woman/man/person can change their looks anytime they want to. They have a right to self-express in different ways. There is no law that says they have to remain stagnant. I loved Michael with his pre-teen look, 70s look, 80's look, all the way to the 2000 look. Janet could arch her brows way up to the hair line and I would like it. I can see she put on weight, but I guess when she is tired of that she will lose the weight again, and so be it. She looks great and I hope she has a wonderful day.

:agree: :crackingup: :hysterical: I almost choked on my drink laughing when I read your post, especially the bolded part!! All I can do is SMDH at what people will say about this family, especially about Mike and Janet's looks in relation to their blackness. I'll just look at people like they fell 50 feet out a stupidity tree when they equate change (age, weight gain, surgery, what-have-you) to "losing their blackness". That is impossible to do, for starters and why would anyone think that they WANTED TO?!

I have to tell people all of the time (because they actually ASK ME, lol) that Mike is/was/always will be a BLACK MAN; vitiligo, lupus and plastic surgery be damned. He will always be a beautiful BLACK MAN.

I don't see the racial element brought into the equation when it's white people being worked on or changing their looks. No one mourned the loss of Renee Zellweger's whiteness; just her uniquely beautiful natural face. She's still beautiful and she's still white, LMAO!

I should just give friends and coworkers the side-eye the next time they want to drag me into their debates about the supposedly two phases of Michael Jackson: the black one and the white one. . . :smilerolleyes:

Last edited:
Because of this thread, I noticed a woman in the elevator of JC Penny with arched brows like Janet's. She was African American, and I had to tell her how I loved her eyebrows. Guess what? Janet is not the only person with eyebrows like that!!!

Because of this thread, I noticed a woman in the elevator of JC Penny with arched brows like Janet's. She was African American, and I had to tell her how I loved her eyebrows. Guess what? Janet is not the only person with eyebrows like that!!!

One of my nieces is a cosmetologist and I'm going to ask her to hook mine up like that. . . :crackingup: #TeamJanet'sEyebrowslol

Looks is just that looks they can be changed easily and everybody is free to do whatever.
The beauty of a person if existing can't be changed that easy to me.

Her face looks close to Kim Kardashian. Not judging, but did she have some plastic surgery? I know she had some before.
What celebrity HASN'T done plastic surgery? Janet doesn't look weird,unlike Kim Lardass-ian's fake ass and breast implants,brow lifts,lip injections,and botox and she's not even old! Janet's not been out in public for quite some time,so it's obvious she gained a tad bit of weight,so her cheeks filled out a bit. Does it mean that she got a face lift? That's between Janet and God.

ReachOutToAsia @reachouttoasia · 14. Nov.

ROTA is pleased to welcome, Mr. Wissam Saleh Al Mana and wife Janet Jackson to the 5th ROTA Gala Charity Dinner. Nov 15th
B2YzzWPCUAAzCHS.jpg:large

Update to Paris78's post:
Janet and Wisaam at the ROTA Gala:
1002681_841698705851001_7259454658775247848_n.jpg

She DEFINITELY looks less weird in this pic (yes I will admit that she didn't look quite right in the other pics from the other event she attended earlier in October) because this is a professional picture and without Instagram filters.

:agree: :crackingup: :hysterical: I almost choked on my drink laughing when I read your post, especially the bolded part!! All I can do is SMDH at what people will say about this family, especially about Mike and Janet's looks in relation to their blackness. I'll just look at people like they fell 50 feet out a stupidity tree when they equate change (age, weight gain, surgery, what-have-you) to "losing their blackness". That is impossible to do, for starters and why would anyone think that they WANTED TO?!

"Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein

OK, Janet Jackson is
loaded with money; so
why does Katherine Jackson demand so much money from the
Michael Jackson Estate?
Michael's money should be saved for his children, until they are adults.

Last edited:
^^ I wonder what people mean when they use the word weird like Janet looking weird in the first photo but less weird in the second photo?

^^ I wonder what people mean when they use the word weird like Janet looking weird in the first photo but less weird in the second photo?
The Instagram filters in the first few pics of Janet at that event in October made it seem like she's had extensive plastic surgery,but with this newer pic from earlier this past weekend,it disproves that theory.

^^So how is a photo looking as though someone has extensive plastic surgery mean it is weird. This is what I don't get. Is that the meaning of weird? Several people have extensive plastic surgery so does that mean it is weird or they look weird. I really don't get this type of thing. Several teens get plastic surgery for an 18th birthday like a nose job. Right now someone I know is having her stomach done, so is that weird too.

Ha too funny. Thanks for the laugh. You need big expressive eyes to make those types of arches even more dramatic.

"Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein

:lmao: :hysterical: Big expressive eyes. . . check! I get them from my Mama. :) That wouldn't be a look I'd wear to work, but it is perfect for something special (fashion show, wedding, etc). Janet rocked it! Her makeup didn't look overly made up either, which is a plus. I can't stand that everything-but-the-kitchen-sink make up look, YUCK! The most I wear is something for my eyes (eyeliner, brow pencil) and some lipstick.

Sarah, that Einstein quote is one of my FAVORITES! :lol:

:lmao: :hysterical: Big expressive eyes. . . check! I get them from my Mama. :) That wouldn't be a look I'd wear to work, but it is perfect for something special (fashion show, wedding, etc). Janet rocked it! Her makeup didn't look overly made up either, which is a plus. I can't stand that everything-but-the-kitchen-sink make up look, YUCK! The most I wear is something for my eyes (eyeliner, brow pencil) and some lipstick.

Sarah, that Einstein quote is one of my FAVORITES! :lol:

^^Oh walk on the wild side baby!!! Go bold and have some permanent makeup done. I just refreshed mine after 5 years and was holding on to the bed in pain. My eyes were a pool of water, but I kept thinking "you like the results." I swear, if I had a doctor to give me a pill, I would take it. The person was showing me different eye brow patterns because the last time I did mine was in 2009 and it has faded. She was trying to coax me into refreshing them, but I said no. The last time I did it was bad enough. Now you be dramatic and go do your lips and eyeliner!!!

What did you do? Eyeliner? I remember reading back in the day about Michael's permanent eye liner and I thought "that's for me!" Because I'm lousy at it.
Then later I found out you do it with a tattoo and freaked out.
But I'd still like to.
Was it expensive. I want to do my eyebrows too.

What did you do? Eyeliner? I remember reading back in the day about Michael's permanent eye liner and I thought "that's for me!" Because I'm lousy at it.
Then later I found out you do it with a tattoo and freaked out.
But I'd still like to.
Was it expensive. I want to do my eyebrows too.

I think most stars have permanent make up and Michael had some we know from the autopsy.

Years ago I did the eyebrows, the upper and lower eyelid and the side of the eye. You know that line that goes up the side of the eye. I modeled it after that picture of Michael with something like a lacy white handkerchief/scarf by the neck. I redid the side of the eye this week and it was terror. It hurts like crazy. I sneaked and took 4 motrin before which you are not supposed to do. To do the eyes cost $375 the place I went. I guess some places are more. When I did the brows the first time it was $95 by now it is in the hundreds.

The lips must be the worst pain ever and I would have to beg the doctor for some pills if I do it. I will stick to my lipstick, but the photos of the people who did theirs are beautiful.

Yes, I don't remember where I read about Michael's permanent makeup but it was at least 30 yrs ago (so obviously that part of the autopsy was no big deal to me. )
I just thot it was brilliant because some people like me aren't good at makeup. But when I tried to find out about it a few years later I found out it was a tattoo and I figured it would hurt like hell.
Your description just confirmed that so guess I don't care how much it is now. :). I've had to do a lot of painful and expensive things for rosacea and a type of lupus and that was quite enough.
Oh well.

^^Oh walk on the wild side baby!!! Go bold and have some permanent makeup done. I just refreshed mine after 5 years and was holding on to the bed in pain. My eyes were a pool of water, but I kept thinking "you like the results." I swear, if I had a doctor to give me a pill, I would take it. The person was showing me different eye brow patterns because the last time I did mine was in 2009 and it has faded. She was trying to coax me into refreshing them, but I said no. The last time I did it was bad enough. Now you be dramatic and go do your lips and eyeliner!!!

:unsure: That was something I looked into, but like Barbee, I'm not comfortable with getting my FACE tattooed. My arms, neck, back, what-have-you ok, but not my face.

Back