Janet Jackson Makes First Public Appearance In Over a Year

bluesky

Proud Member
1102-janet-launc-3.jpg

http://www.toofab.com/2014/11/02/janet-jackson-public-appearance-dubai-photo/

many articles discussing her look...what do you think ?

Janet Jackson used to have a cute smile and trademark dimples, but that was last year. The star returned to the red carpet on Friday night and appeared to be almost unrecognizable in her first public appearance since 2013. According to Too Fab on Sunday, the star was surrounded by bodyguards for the Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience Gala dinner with billionaire husband Wissam Al Mana.

Remember when Janet Jackson had such a distinguishable face that one look at her and instantly fans could recognize her? Well, it is possible that even the most seasoned fans might not know that Janet Jackson walked by her. Jackson’s face is puffier than before and her eyebrows were off as they arched high above her lashes.

Paying homage to Janet Jackson, it was Beyonce who dressed up as the pop star along with Blue Ivy who was an adorable Michael Jackson. According to AOL news on Saturday, revealed that Beyonce offered a convincing image of Janet Jackson and her likeness to the star was before the changes revealed by the celebrity on the red carpet.

Janet Jackson isn't the first star that has taken to change her looks. Whether by plastic surgery, cosmetics or some other alternative option, Hollywood stars are big on remaking their images and offering the fans a look at how they want to be portrayed. The unfortunate thing about this idea is that Janet Jackson, like Renee Zellweger has fans shocked at how they have changed their looks so drastically.

Will fans appreciate the effort that Janet Jackson made for her new appearance? Or will there be another Twitter rant from fans around the world on Jackson’s decision.

Janet looks fine. She's aged gracefully,so why the media's blowing this out of extreme proportion like with Renee Zellwegger's face is beyond me.

Janet looks fine. She's aged gracefully,so why the media's blowing this out of extreme proportion like with Renee Zellwegger's face is beyond me.
Because that's the way of the world these days-ugly comments about everybody by everybody. I saw this on my news aggregate this morning and noticed 99% of the comments said "it looks like Janet Jackson to me" and called out the reporter. The Renee Z comments were totally uncalled for as well-couldn't believe how this continues to go on, while the media trying to call attention to out of control bullying by kids.
Duh-who do they think they get it from?

It's nice seeing her again. :yes: I hope she's found happiness and peace. I'd love to hear some new music from her.

Her look makes me think something is wrong with her. Not like in a bad way, but just like she has found happiness in one place, but is trying to conform, she looked beautiful before whatever happened now. She is still beautiful, but not the Janet I fell in love with a few years ago. Janet has been my celebrity crush for sometime now and I still love her, it's just that I don't like her new look.

Her look makes me think something is wrong with her. Not like in a bad way, but just like she has found happiness in one place, but is trying to conform, she looked beautiful before whatever happened now. She is still beautiful, but not the Janet I fell in love with a few years ago. Janet has been my celebrity crush for sometime now and I still love her, it's just that I don't like her new look.
Maybe. She might not keep that look long-she's changed her hair a billion times throughout the years. I don't especially like the tight ponytail-I thought those curls at last year's amfAR benefit were cute, though.

Maybe. She might not keep that look long-she's changed her hair a billion times throughout the years. I don't especially like the tight ponytail-I thought those curls at last year's amfAR benefit were cute, though.

The hair isn't what I don't like, it's her makeup and everything, her cheek bones, her eyebrows. She is a beautiful black woman, she'll always be a beautiful black woman, I just don't like this look at all. It looks horrid on her.

The hair isn't what I don't like, it's her makeup and everything, her cheek bones, her eyebrows. She is a beautiful black woman, she'll always be a beautiful black woman, I just don't like this look at all. It looks horrid on her.
I understand. She's definitely a beautiful woman, no matter what.

Because that's the way of the world these days-ugly comments about everybody by everybody. I saw this on my news aggregate this morning and noticed 99% of the comments said "it looks like Janet Jackson to me" and called out the reporter. The Renee Z comments were totally uncalled for as well-couldn't believe how this continues to go on, while the media trying to call attention to out of control bullying by kids.
Duh-who do they think they get it from?

I saw this while checking my Yahoo! email yesterday and like clockwork the comments were ridiculous to downright cruel. She doesn't look drastically different to me. The only "drastic" change I see is her weight gain and that isn't anything new. Janet's been quite open about her fluctuating weight issues over the years. Her face is fuller because of the weight gain. She's 48 years old and looks pretty damn good, better than most (her age AND younger), lol!

I'm sorry, but she does look funny in these pics. I don't know what it is.

To me her eyes look a bit different, but nothing extraordinary - probably just the make-up. And maybe she had some wrinkle treatment done. But it's definitely not like what the media suggests that she is unrecognizable.

I think it's crazy. They just want people to read their stuff. I'm not a Janet fan but this irritates me to no end.
She gained some weight and her makeup is a little different. Period.

I wish they'd just stick to discussing the clothes.

It definitely looks like she's had a facelift tbh. In-fact it's obvious. still hot though :wub:

It is nice to see her again. She does change a bit to my knowledge and still has a bit of a smile I loved.

What's so bad with her look? She looks good. The make-up is one thing.
You can do so much with make-up and if you look at pictures from Janet for the album Discipline - to me that was the most horrible look she ever has.
Janet increased in weight again - but that's nothing new... She always gets heavier when she's not in public... I think she still mourns Michaels death. Very hard thing for her...

I think she looks good. Her eyebrows look that way because of the high ponytail, it pulls the skin up. She does NOT look unrecognizable!

She just gained a little weight and has a different haircut. Don't understand what all the fuss is about.

she looks like janet to me says the fan of nearly 30 years my god its not like its that drastic

I hate that now that MJ's gone, Janet seems to be the one the media is going to chomp at the bits over now - over ridiculous unsubstantial things.

I hate that now that MJ's gone, Janet seems to be the one the media is going to chomp at the bits over now - over ridiculous unsubstantial things.

Exactly! She will be picked apart and unfairly scrutinized for every little thing she'll do, especially about her looks (just like they did to Mike). One ridiculous comment I saw posted on FB was someone saying she's "going to try to look like Michael, try to resemble him". . . :smilerolleyes:

Well, DUH, she's his sister and already resembles him by genetics alone! Some people, I swear. . .

I'm just amazed at how much in the last 5 years she looks more and more like Michael-she, Reebie and Michael could be triplets.

Janet :hiya: good to see you out . Are you ok wish I could hug you :(

Honestly, Zakk-you think now she looks just "mediocre"????? Jeez.

When i saw those photo's of her in 2012, oh my god... the feeling's :wild: but she looks too different now, she's definitely had a facelift.. her eyes are lifeless.

Back