Janet Jackson on Dateline - Sunday, Feb.13th

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ally-abused-me-20110207,0,4163129,print.story

I hope MJ isn't the ONLY brother named.

MJ Rest In Peace, they can't hurt you anymore.

Where's Twinklee?

Oh goodness. Am I the only one who was not abused as a child? Every celebrity has written a book about how their childhood was crap, and I am sick of it. They should have had Michael's childhood!!! I hope Janet does not turn sibling teasing into a story of Michael causing her emotional scarring for life.

I have to say that not allowing your kids to call you dad is just plain dumb to me.
yeah I agree...obviously Joe has issues of his own...possibly from his own childhood....that man needs some serious counseling.

That person was me and why do I have to apologize? StacyJ didnt knew for a FACT until Janet confirmed it.. and that was my damn issue, if you dont know for a fact then its better not to speculate at all. StacyJ was just making some damn assumptions based on the very few shots of Janet during that memorial and since she didnt knew for a fact, yes I said it was wrong of her because at that time she had no idea.

What I also said was that its obvious the family has been grieving in their own special way- there is absolutely no right or wrong way to grieve. Do they have to burst out in tears in public to please the fancommunity? If Janet never cried up til recently, does that mean she wasnt grieving the loss of her brother?

StacyJ kinde make it look like the family havnt looked devastated at all or grieving which i also think is not right.

Im sure Janet has been grieving, doesnt it say a lot that it took almost a year or more for her to even be able to listen to Michaels music and watch his videos? She says in the interview that she is still mourning. It seems like Janet has been avoiding the pain, trying to escape and not realize the fact her brother died. That is also grieving.. like I said, i believe they have been grieving -in their own way and noone has the right to say they are grieving the right way or not. its getting old now.

Something tells me ppl are gonna make a big deal out of this saying Janet is throwing MJ under the bus again.. sighh! Michael has also been very vocal how his family called him names and teased him and that words can be more hurtful that physical violence sp ppl should be more understanding with Janet regarding this. Did we see any fans saying MJ was throwing his family under the bus? No so stop it god damn it. Dont be such a hypocrites.. its obvious both Janet and MJ suffered alot from the verbal bullying.

I agree with everything you said. Like Janet, I was unable to listen to watch Michael's music videos because I would began sobbing. Some may not understand it. There is no proper way to grieve. Everyone react to things differently. To the ones criticizing Janet's love for Michael. Let me ask you this. Do you think it would be unfair for people to say that YOU aren't real Michael fans because all you did was cry? This, the ones who truly loved Michael are the ones who committed suicide after he died. Sounds pretty ridiculous doesn't it? Well, of course it does.....

Look in the mirror....

Siblings calling each other names is normal...it happens in every goddamned family. My siblings called me names...and you better believe I did the same.

MJ called out his FATHER, not his siblings. Even when Oprah asked him if his siblings were jealous of him, he said no. Even though, we come to know the truth since June 25th 2009.

A parent is supposed to protect you..not bully you. Calling out his father, who was/is alive at the time & able to put out his side of the story, is a different ballgame.

What about getting it right..for once.

Michael cannot defend himself...maybe she called him names too. The point is, he is not here to defend himself. ..and that is a coward move on Janet's part. Selling a book isn't worth the memories of a dead sibling.

She wouldn't dare say these things while he was alive. She is rebuilding her career on her dead brother's back and that is not cool.

ALL the bolded......I agree...:clapping::clapping:.....Michael is NOT hear to defend himself.

The impression has been that Michael and Janet were always close. I have heard her say she had his back before. When he died I think people expected to see more from her. Out of everyone there seemed to be a coldness from her. But maybe that had to do with her being in denial about his death. Maybe she should have not done those interviews before when she hasn't even dealt with it. I am just guessing here.

Janet has spoke about Michael and her brothers teasing her about her weight many many times all while Michael was alive. What's new to me is Janet, revealing she got whupped by Joe right after getting out of the bath something I don't recall her ever mentioning before.

Michael Jackson Fan
@
She could have took all that teasing & became anarexic. :( Thank God she didn't.
38 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Michael Jackson Fan
@
Janet was a emotional eater. Teasing her, hurts her which would cause her to eat more. Poor dunk.
1 minute ago

Michael Jackson Fan
@
I love Michael to death but that's just wrong. He hated being teased & he's going to do it to Janet? SMH.
2 minutes ago

Michael Jackson Fan
@
@ I know. That's really sad. Michael know what it feels like to be teased. He shouldn't have done that to Janet.
11 minutes ago

Michael Jackson Fan
Michael & other siblings teased @JanetJackson about her weight- http://lat.ms/gtgome

Look in the mirror....

Siblings calling each other names is normal...it happens in every goddamned family. My siblings called me names...and you better believe I did the same.

MJ called out his FATHER, not his siblings. Even when Oprah asked him if his siblings were jealous of him, he said no. Even though, we come to know the truth since June 25th 2009.

A parent is supposed to protect you..not bully you. Calling out his father, who was/is alive at the time & able to put out his side of the story, is a different ballgame.

What about getting it right..for once.

Michael cannot defend himself...maybe she called him names too. The point is, he is not here to defend himself. ..and that is a coward move on Janet's part. Selling a book isn't worth the memories of a dead sibling.

She wouldn't dare say these things while he was alive. She is rebuilding her career on her dead brother's back and that is not cool.

Janet has been working on this book since 2006 , she has said nothing that she hasn't said before.

Janet has spoke about Michael and her brothers teasing her about her weight many many times all while Michael was alive. What's new to me is Janet, revealing she got whupped by Joe right after getting out of the bath something I don't recall her ever mentioning before.

I've heard her single out Michael teasing her but not the other brothers. In this interview at least she says Michael didn't mean to be cruel. Joe actually comes out horrible because how can a father treat his daughter so coldly. I can understand and have seen many fathers be harder on their sons but Joe seems horrible to all equally.
What I don't get from Janet is this. Why after Michael died did she join with the other brothers in minimizing how Joseph treated them. They all basically said MJ exagerrated also when this book was fir being talked about Janet was very open about her own problems with not sleeping at night. So why act so unempathetic to MJ and not focus on the sleep issue and instead harp on drugs? I agree people grieve differently but I think Michael's family had a lot of anger and resentent towards him Janet included.

I hope the media doesn't push Michael in the front of the brothers being mean to her. She can say he didn't mean to be cruel but the media don't care about that.

I hope the media doesn't push Michael in the front of the brothers being mean to her. She can say he didn't mean to be cruel but the media don't care about that.

That is exactly the problem when these statements are made. Look at the tweets that Meme has shown from the fans who are already blaming Michael.

I've heard her single out Michael teasing her but not the other brothers. In this interview at least she says Michael didn't mean to be cruel. Joe actually comes out horrible because how can a father treat his daughter so coldly. I can understand and have seen many fathers be harder on their sons but Joe seems horrible to all equally.
What I don't get from Janet is this. Why after Michael died did she join with the other brothers in minimizing how Joseph treated them. They all basically said MJ exagerrated also when this book was fir being talked about Janet was very open about her own problems with not sleeping at night. So why act so unempathetic to MJ and not focus on the sleep issue and instead harp on drugs? I agree people grieve differently but I think Michael's family had a lot of anger and resentent towards him Janet included.

before he died michael also diminished the abuse...in the ebony 2007 magazine he referred to the beatings as 'spankings' and he was laughing and everything

siblings tease each other, call each others names its very normal

and if you've ever seen a you tube clip of the jackson brothers from the 70s they snapped on each other all the time and i think mike and janet, being two of the youngest, probably got teased alot and both were very sensitive about it

before he died michael also diminished the abuse...in the ebony 2007 magazine he referred to the beatings as 'spankings' and he was laughing and everything

siblings tease each other, call each others names its very normal

and if you've ever seen a you tube clip of the jackson brothers from the 70s they snapped on each other all the time and i think mike and janet, being two of the youngest, probably got teased alot and both were very sensitive about it

Really. I don't recall that in the ebony interview and that's not my point. What she describes is terrible imo so why join in and say Michael didn't understand or it wasn't like that and then turn around and say the opposite. and her experience shouldn't be reduced to siblings tease. It depends on each specific case and obviously their teasing was a problem.

[/B]
ALL the bolded......I agree...:clapping::clapping:.....Michael is NOT hear to defend himself.

Michael said himself in the Rabbi tapes that he called Janet a fat cow and horrible names because he wanted her to look her best. I guess he thought calling her fat and making her aware of her body would make her lose weight...well it did but it hurt her and he wasn't aware and i think he or janet said he apologized.

Janet's book is about self esteem, she has to dig deep and go back to her childhood, so we will hear things like this which she has mentioned in the past. this book isn't about trashing Michael or any other family meber, it's about revealing her growth through the years as a person and accepting yourself.

Nothing for nothing but siblings tease each other all of the time. I am sure she threw some names around herself. She is writing a book on self esteem? I would rather take advice from someone who who has some self esteem.

I think if Janet or any of the other Jackson siblings appear cold it's only because of who their father is. Now that man is cold.

The teasing and name calling thing is pretty normal among siblings. I know I teased my sister a lot when we were kids. She was a little chubby and I was very skinny. I had no idea what it was like to be in her shoes. To me I was just trying to be "funny" but I didn't think about her feelings. It was immaturity. Now I wish I could take it back. Looks like Michael regretted it too.

Last edited:
I do remember her saying that she didn't feel like it was real, that Michael was still with us. In some ways maybe the reality didn't hit her until now. She also mentioned that she couldn't watch the concert footage etc. True, people do grieve in different ways. I'll still watch the interview, it's Janet. I can't ruly go around accusing people of not shedding a tear esp if i don't see them in their private times. When my mother passed away, I didn't cry until the day we burried her. Four or five days later, I lost it, still doesn't seem real.

1 person can buy the PDF and put it online.

No need to spend your hard earned cash on this. Buyer beware!

I think if Janet or any of the other Jackson siblings appear cold it's only because of who their father is. Now man is cold.

So MJ would be the exception?

Because from all we've come to know he was a ver affectionate, loving & warm person.

Janet spent most time with her mother because Joe was on the road with the boys.....enough excuses already.

1 person can buy the PDF and put it online.

No need to spend your hard earned cash on this. Buyer beware!

So MJ would be the exception?

Because from all we've come to know he was a ver affectionate, loving & warm person.

Janet spent most time with her mother because Joe was on the road with the boys.....enough excuses already.

Yes, we all know Michael was special...an exception. He came out the way he did (caring, affectionate, loving, warm) despite his father. I would say Michael tried hard NOT to be like his father in so many ways.

Edit: I'm willing to give Janet the benefit of the doubt that she just hasn't been able to handle/confront the reality of her brother's death very well. When she talks about it she seems to not understand her behavior herself.

Nothing for nothing but siblings tease each other all of the time. I am sure she threw some names around herself. She is writing a book on self esteem? I would rather take advice from someone who who has some self esteem.

Janet has always come across as wanting to desperately please the media. I'm really not interested in her interviews anymore because I'm tired of the "I was trying to save Michael but he was in denial act" or whatever else has become the standard lines.

What would be a massive surprise is if she discussed what he actually did for her as a loving brother, what he did as a good father, what he did as an amazing artist, and what he did as a humanitarian.

And sense her book is about self-esteem including how hard it can be to have in the entertainment world, maybe she will take the time to have her brother's back one more time and make sure that they understand that if they think that sibling teasing can hurt one's self-esteem so much, what do they think repeatedly talking and making fun of someone's looks when that person has vitiligo does to the self-esteem.

Closed for cleaning. What is the matter here? It is just ridiculous how this thread has progressed.

Ok, let me say this, 2300 has gotten ridiculous again. Everytime the family does an interview, it goes bonkers. Believe me, I understand. I feel like throwing my computer when I hear some of the nonsense they say as well. However, anger at their actions cannot and will not be allowed to result in derailing, bashing, and a total loss of basic decorum. HOW some of these posts were worded refected more of a hate for the family rather than a love for MJ.

No one has a problem with calling out ignorance. And lets face it, that is what the actions of some family members have been. But, can we please watch how we say things. And, try to not turn every thread about the family into a bash fest. If this is something that you cannot do, might I suggest you stay out of certain threads all together.

its hard to believe her brother died and she never shed a tear...thats unbelievable. When my sister passed away...I literally cried in my sleep..I would wake up crying...that lasted for like probably close to a year....and I still had days when I cried...I still do some times and it will be 5 years. I just dont understand her. Maybe it goes back to her childhood...I just dont know about them Jackson's anymore. and to keep showing that damn book.....THAT got on my last nerve...blahh.. Not only that....but she is on a tour...like really your brothers murderer's trial is coming up and you tour???? They really are annoying...

uuuuyyyyy.... sorry.... I have to disagree. Completely. We ALL grieve in very different ways. We all have the RIGHT to grieve in very different ways. There's not right/wrong ways to pain. Simple as that. Some might cry and get over it sooner than those of us who can't cry and keep it inside for a looooonggg time untill we can finally cry. And I tell you: once that happens, it is very, very hard to stop.

There's no right or wrong. That's all.

Where was Katherine when Janet was whipped getting out of the bath tub?

Why did Katherine stay married to Joe especially when he was abusing her children? Did she do anything to stop it?

Maybe knowing how stupid and mean media is when it comes to Michael, little Janet should be a little more careful when deciding what childhood stories share with journalists. "Everything you say might be used against you". Stupid media!!!!!

By the way, any links to the full interview? :unsure:

Where was Katherine when Janet was whipped getting out of the bath tub?

Why did Katherine stay married to Joe especially when he was abusing her children? Did she do anything to stop it?

Stop asking questions you already know the answer to. But anyway:

1st question: she was in the house but did nothing. There's no way Katherine would do somehing against her first and foremost priority and love, Joe. Does that mean getting your children abused? Does that mean giving your chidlren to the abuser? So be it.

2nd: Because she loved him and therefore kept giving her children to Joe so as to please him and making him stay with her. Does that mean destroying your children's lives? Does that mean making them suffer inhumanly? Yes, but if that keeps Joe amused...

3rd: Obviously, no. That would be going against him.

Joe is the instigator of the dysfunctionality but Katherine is its perpetuator.

Did she ever tell Michael and the other brothers how she felt? I think Michael would feel bad that she felt bad. He wouldn't intentionally hurt anybody. I do worry how the media will write about this. I don't trust them at all.

Did she ever tell Michael and the other brothers how she felt? I think Michael would feel bad that she felt bad. He wouldn't intentionally hurt anybody. I do worry how the media will write about this. I don't trust them at all.

Well, the media is already writing crap against Michael. The headlines go: "Michael Jackson verbally abused sister Janet as a child"; "Janet recalls being verbally abused by brother Michael as she was a child", and so on.

And then a few words about her tour and the book. The the main issue for media, at the moment, is that Michael Jackson (verbally) abused and bullied her little sister.

Mean Michael Jackson

Again.

As usual

:mello:

As someone said, I think MJ apologized later on. I also think when Janet said she did not grieve, it does not mean she did not cry. On the MTV special when she was doing the tribute to MJ, when they showed his picture on the giant screen, she started to cry. Then she composed herself. She said it was momnets like that, that made it real for her. I think what she meant was that she just tried to deny it and she finally gave herself the moment to let the events become real.

Also, what people say does have an enormous effect on self esteem later. Surely MJ fans who know how much he suffered with a negative image of himself from being teased, can understand how this would effect Janet as well. Is it really beyond your reason to undeerstand where she is coming from? She considered herself closwer to MJ when they were younger. When someon you are not that close to does something, it will not effect you the same as someone who feel a kinship with.

I do think the teasing for the whole family was a defense mechanism. I do not think MJ meant harm. I just think he didnot understand how to get what he wanted to say across. Especially when being raised with that being the norm.

Janet's other atrocities are hard for me to pass on, but I can completely understand her on this one. And that is from personal experience.

Back