Janet Jackson on Oprah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
20100304-tyler-perry-janet-jackson-1-284x160.jpg
:doh: Again.... Janet is beautiful! :wild:

..why are people always tryna trash Janet??

Do you really believe she's trying to use Michael's death for exposure???

If anyone believes that the SHAME ON YOU!!!!

Janet would never do that Michael, come on now!

..why are people always tryna trash Janet??

Do you really believe she's trying to use Michael's death for exposure???

If anyone believes that the SHAME ON YOU!!!!

Janet would never do that Michael, come on now!

They do it all the time.

They are still upset over the death of Mike. So they take their anger out Janet.

LOL You can say that again. You bet your life that Oprah is gonna try to make MJ the main topic of conversation. Unless, she was told right from the beginning that MJ won't be discussed or that Janet will only answer certain questions.
Her interview on the Tyler Perry Show was not good. She didn't talk much. She barely answered any questions. She did not want to talk about Mike. He asked her did she get all of that emotion for the golf club scene from the death her brother Mike, she said yes but from past relationships. I don't mind her not talking about Mike that is fine with me but she could show some feeling when interviewed. Maybe she was tired?

gotta get some kind of attention in some way especially when ur career is dead but oh well as long life goes on everything's fine

Her interview on the Tyler Perry Show was not good. She didn't talk much. She barely answered any questions. She did not want to talk about Mike. He asked her did she get all of that emotion for the golf club scene from the death her brother Mike, she said yes but from past relationships. I don't mind her not talking about Mike that is fine with me but she could show some feeling when interviewed. Maybe she was tired?

I believe thats because she spent so long distancing herself from her families musical legacy, and to be a recognised artist,she doesn't want every interview to turn into her gossiping about her family, and also some people think she is using MJ for publicity

CHICAGO, Ill. --
Oprah Winfrey sat down with Janet Jackson for Friday’s “The Oprah Winfrey Show” where the pop singer opened up about her late brother, Michael.

“One thing that sticks in my head is his laughter,” Janet told Oprah, recalling fondly her late brother, who passed away last June at the age of 50 of acute Propofol intoxication. “And, the last time I saw him, which was two days before my birthday (which was on May 16), at my parents’ surprise party, I was being silly, like I always did when we were kids… and he kept looking at me a just cracking up.”

Six weeks after Janet’s birthday, Michael was dead. Appearing on Friday’s “Oprah,” to promote “Why Did I Get Married Too,” Janet got revealing about her brother.

“When you heard that he was gone, and gone because of drugs, were you shocked, or were you feeling like somewhere in the back of your mind, you always felt that that day could come?” Oprah asked.

“I felt that day could possibly come. I think everyone thinks that who has a family member or a friend…” Janet said.

“That’s why you’re having an intervention,” Oprah interjected.

“Exactly,” Janet continued.

Janet told Oprah about repeated attempts to save Michael from his addiction to prescription medications, including full on Jackson Family interventions.

“And how did he receive that?” Oprah asked.

“He was very much in denial,” Janet said.

“He didn’t think he had a problem?” Oprah asked.

“No,” Janet said.

“Were you all worried that something like this could happen?” Oprah asked.

“Of course,” Janet answered. “I mean that’s why we did what we did. I mean, we tried it several times and he was very much… in denial.”

http://www.accesshollywood.com/jane...about-michaels-addiction-denial_article_30751

Janet told Oprah about repeated attempts to save Michael from his addiction to prescription medications, including full on Jackson Family interventions.

“And how did he receive that?” Oprah asked.

“He was very much in denial,” Janet said.

“He didn’t think he had a problem?” Oprah asked.

“No,” Janet said.

“Were you all worried that something like this could happen?” Oprah asked.

“Of course,” Janet answered. “I mean that’s why we did what we did. I mean, we tried it several times and he was very much… in denial.”

http://www.accesshollywood.com/jane...about-michaels-addiction-denial_article_30751

So they tried to save him because he was in denial and fucked up on drugs for years but he was totally fine when it came to do a J5 reunion.
Joe was so afraid he might die that till the very last day he tried everything to make the j5 thing happen or at least being involved in tii.
The last and only(?) time you see your drug addict brother you do nothing but have a good time and fun at your parents party?why do nothing then?they had the chance to be have him there,the entire family was there,if the addiction was so bad to fear for his life and he was so tot inaccessible do something when you have the possibility.
I don't get it.
Who staged the interventions?When?How?Based on what?on the fact he didn't want to see them?
Randy in Vegas tried to enter the property with his press agent,then Joe tried to save him but it was impossible because he was controlled;so how on earth did he managed to see him to discuss the J5 reunion??why not doing nothing that day?!why putting a contract before your son's life?...Then Tito but he was talking about the 90's...that's it?
I think by intervention they mean making him sign shit he didn't want to be part of.

I don't think she's using Mike for attention,she's doing her thing,it's her job,it's more media using her to make her tell what they wanna hear,something bad about him since the old shit they used to say doesn't sell anymore.And she doesn't disappoint.

I swear, I'm gonna hold my tongue right now 'cause I'm just...... ugh!

why, Janet? why why why? :(

I don't think she's using Mike for attention,she's doing her thing,it's her job,it's more media using her to make her tell what they wanna hear,something bad about him since the old shit they used to say doesn't sell anymore.And she doesn't disappoint.

it's not like the media is twisting her arms to make her say these things. She could have said a million things and she is saying this. Disappointing. Very disappointing.

i don't see why a fansite is put up, with rules that are designed to be tested, so that we can get in trouble, either over the subject matter, or, with each other. this is definitely the case, here.

personally, why do a movie, when you know that you are about to alienate a lot of the audience that you want to see it?

and...for my last paragraph..

depending on which Jackson you love, whether it be Janet, or Jermaine, people will either believe MJ was on drugs...or believe he was not. some people make it easy to feed possible trolls. that's all i have to say. except...as for Dr. Murray, what will the jury say about him, at this point?

oh..and...I LOVVVVVE OPRAH!!!!:ninja: not.

u guys that thought she was going to interview Janet for Janet...you were WRONGGGGGGG!!!!!

i don't need a crystal ball to figure out that media talking head.

*fecksploitation*

i'm just shaking inside, because i just got finished watching an athlete defend his mother, who had him early, and had troubles. i don't know why Janet couldn't follow this athlete's example.

i could never imagine doing this to a family member of mine..especially, if they were departed.

Last edited:
All of this makes me wonder why didn't Oprah interview Mike again? She always wants to know about MJ by asking other people questions about him, but then got the nerve to say he was a pedophile..smdh!

Well, all I gotta say is if he was so badly into drugs and they were doing all these interventions why then...oh why would they want to do a J5 tour? LOL Why was Joe all up on how much AEG should pay MJ for the TII concerts then? Why was Janet on LKL saying she was trying to get MJ to do the J5 Reunion concert...I mean seriously???!!!! O____o

i think Janet is the one who is in denial , she was talking in the last few years how she suffered alot because Michael was making fun of her weight and that he is the family memeber who did not want to join the family reunion tour ....now suddenly after his death , he was completely out of it !!!

Janet want to be the head of the Jacksons family....she want to replace MJ and become the media's sweetheart...she knows exactly what she is doing.

why, Janet? why why why? :(
it's not like the media is twisting her arms to make her say these things. She could have said a million things and she is saying this. Disappointing. Very disappointing.

I know I was trying to say this in a super nice way.I failed.
The media is not interested to hear what Janet has to say,her movie,her weight gain.They don't want to hear how MJ was as a brother,what it was like to work with,they want to hear the rotten side and Janet and some others play the game and give them what they want.
They need something new because no one cares about plastic surgery,molestations cases are too complex and are hardly mentioned anymore…they new what they were all about,
so "addict in denial" is the new mantra.

Thanks for the reminder, I'll see if I can tune in. I hope Janet is specific about when the interventions took place and I hope she doesn't let Oprah twist things.

Guys that's enough. These threads always end the same way. Talk about her appearance, not start fighting with each other about Janet's motives etc.

Not to be disrespectful or anything, but why can't we discuss the interview? There's nothing to discuss about her appearance. Janet Jackson is beautiful, that's the end of that discussion. She said things about Michael, why can't we discuss them? I mean, we discuss Jaafar's interview, the bodyguards' interview. Is Janet off limits? I mean she is talking about things that in her opinion might have been the reason of Michael's passing. How can we not discuss it?

Not to be disrespectful or anything, but why can't we discuss the interview? There's nothing to discuss about her appearance. Janet Jackson is beautiful, that's the end of that discussion. She said things about Michael, why can't we discuss them? I mean, we discuss Jaafar's interview, the bodyguards' interview. Is Janet off limits? I mean she is talking about things that in her opinion might have been the reason of Michael's passing. How can we not discuss it?

I have to say that I agree. This blatant double standard when it comes to Janet is actually quite annoying. So we can disscuss, disect, analyize to death, and (in some cases) get into heated arguments over/about everybody in the Jackson family (when they specificly talk about MJ in interviews) BUT Janet??? Please...

And I say that with L.O.V.E

You can discuss the interview, of course you can. Its how you say it. Janet is part of Michael's family and still needs to be respected. Saying things like 'Janet always wanted to replace Mike' is not respectful.

oh ok, thanks for clearing that up :)

is the interview going to be aired tonight? Is it going to be an hour-long interview or just a part of Oprah's show? I hope it'll be on youtube soon after it airs.

I never expected anything else from her so this is hardly surprising
I thought she learned from her last interview that selling out Michael Jackson doesn't sell anymore, her album flopped big time but then again I guess she thought it was a general failure as I'm sure she is used to failures by now.. as she had plenty in a row, in a decade, her selling him out again will do nothing for her movie. When the box office reports come in someone should go to that woman and ask her straight in the face ''was it worth it.?''.
It's sad to see how she is desperately clinging onto a career that is no more, willing to do whatever it takes to safe and get some attention. When she releases another album be it in summer or by the end of this year, or even in 3 years she's going to pull her ''Michael was a junkie in denial'' crap again just wait and watch.

I never expected anything else from her so this is hardly surprising
I thought she learned from her last interview that selling out Michael Jackson doesn't sell anymore, her album flopped big time but then again I guess she thought it was a general failure as I'm sure she is used to failures by now.. as she had plenty in a row, in a decade, her selling him out again will do nothing for her movie. When the box office reports come in someone should go to that woman and ask her straight in the face ''was it worth it.?''.
It's sad to see how she is desperately clinging onto a career that is no more, willing to do whatever it takes to safe and get some attention. When she releases another album be it in summer or by the end of this year, or even in 3 years she's going to pull her ''Michael was a junkie in denial'' crap again just wait and watch.

I agree with you....but the movie will be successful (no thanks to Janet) because all Tyler Perry movies go to #1 . He has a lot of support in the African-American community. Don't ask e why, I would rather seat throughout 100 Spike Lee movies than this guy.

That being said, Janet herself is in denial. Or crazy for repeating Randy Jackson's intervention stories.

According to her, she hasn't seen nor spoken to him in years...how would she know?

I am willing to bet, these interventions date back to the 1990's or during the trial. And if I remember correctly, MJ's family had nothing to do with him going to rehab in 1993....Elizabeth Taylor and his friends did.

Janet is really deceiving the public. I can only hope the truth comes out during the trial.

If that is any consolation, Janet will be a footnote in music history books...while MJ is a fundamental part of that history.
They might need a whole encyclopedia to list his amazing achievements & groundbreaking works.

So nothing Janet nor Randy say will EVER change that.

Michael was the victim of a homicide and there is a manslaughter charge pending, and Janet talking about past interventions are not helping Michael but she's helping Murray. I am very disappointed with Ms Jackson's actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back