Janet Jackson

Her new video for Rock with you(Yes I'm spelling it correctly)Premires on BET's Access Granted tonight at 7:30Pm.

I became a Janet fan properly in 2003 or 4, before then I liked her alot but I never was into her as much as I am now. I guess her music and lyrics are easier to relate to understand once you get to a certain age. Although no doubt I loved her pop songs and did the routines to them when I was a kid growing up in the 90s, I loved her music and I always knew of her since I was a Michael fanatic since birth, but I really found a huge appreciation for her creatively later on in my early-mid teens.

I love Janet. I got into her around the same time I really got into Michael around 1996 or 1997. My dad bought me the Design of a Decade VHS and Michael's HIStory Vol 1 VHS for my birthday. Oh the memories of discovering those songs and videos for the first time :wub:

came across the following thread randomly

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=902593

the girl has some GREAT taste in music

Janet counted down her top 25 favorite music videos a few weeks ago on BET. The full list of her favorite videos is as follows:

25. Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing)
24. Missy - The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)
23. Common - Testify
22. Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
21. Craig Mack - Flava In Ya Ear
20. Digable Planets - Cool Like That
19. Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
18. Amel Larreiux - Get Up
17. Aaliyah - Try Again
16. Janet Jackson - Twenty Foreplay
15. Busta Rhymes & Janet Jackson - What's It Gonna Be?!
14. Janet Jackson - You Want This
13. Erykah Badu - Love Of My Life (Ode To Hip-hop)
12. Janet Jackson ft. Jermaine Dupri - Someone To Call My Lover (So So Def Remix)
11. En-Vogue - Free Your Mind
10. Janet Jackson - Pleasure Principle
9. Method Man ft. Mary J. Blige - All I Need
8. Michael Jackson - Stranger In Moscow
7. Janet Jackson - If
6. Tupac ft. Dr. Dre - California Love
5. Biggie - Hypnotize
4. Goapele - Closer
3. Janet Jackson - Runaway
2. Janet Jackson - Got 'Til It's Gone
1. Michael Jackson & Janet Jackson - Scream

Someone To Call My Lover video on the list but Alright isn't, lol.

Last edited:
Cannot believe this woman is 42 years old :dropdead:

May 13, at some event looking gorgeous

What's your favorite JJ era? Mine is Velvet Rope hands down, the album + her image was so bad ass :punk:

Love Miss Janet's latest CD. I wish Virgin would promote her more. It seems record companies don't do much promoting anymore. I am so looking forward to her Tour. I can't wait until more dates are announced.

^^^record compaines are the pitts! The music biz aint like it used to be!!!! :no:

Love Miss Janet's latest CD. I wish Virgin would promote her more. It seems record companies don't do much promoting anymore. I am so looking forward to her Tour. I can't wait until more dates are announced.
Shes not in Virgin anymore, shes moved to Island Def Jam.

My favourite JJ performance (and I like this remix)- Together Again,1998 AMAs-

:)

Last edited:
I've been a Janet fan since 2001 (the same year I became a fan of Michael) and I love "The Velvet Rope". :)

I've always been a fan of her music...it was the velvet rope album that made me really appreciate her music... but i didn't become a big fan till recently (around the same time i became a big fan of michael)...which was around 2005...now i can't get enough of janet (not just her music)!!

Back