Janet's Number One's World Tour Official Thread

Plus for anyone in France, Janet's shows in Paris are currently on sale at livenation.fr, with her second show going on sale on 7th March
Aaahh damn I dont know should I buy it or not :( I don't know yet when I'll be in Paris or how am I working.. maybe I'll still wait for a little while. And keep my fingers crossed they're not sold out too soon..

Aaahh damn I dont know should I buy it or not :( I don't know yet when I'll be in Paris or how am I working.. maybe I'll still wait for a little while. And keep my fingers crossed they're not sold out too soon..

If you are going to buy I'd do it soon, as its only 2000 seats, so its selling very fast, but she is doing 3 nights, only the first ones on sale, which had been officially sold out, but they must have released the tickets they normally keep until closer to the even because there are some left, good luck whatever you do :)

Well heres some videos from the rodeo last night, great crowd, really loud for people who 'just came for the rodeo':

The staff at Houston weren't allowing people to record so I wouldn't expect much more, I'll try find out the whole setlist she did for you guys.

Janet dedicated Miss You Much to the Houston show.

Also Janet has revealed that the 3 Chicago shows will have All For You dedicated to them. Also for anyone interested Janet will be doing a book
signing in Chicago while there with her tour, more details when I know them.

Next shows:
March 7, 2011 Chicago Theatre
March 8, 2011 Chicago Theatre
March 9, 2011 Chicago Theatre

No those 80,000 seats have nothing to do with Janet, (same goes with Elvis' sales, or better yet Justin Biebers), thats why all the other shows are sold out too, but they're not, far from it for some, and you can hardly hear Janet at the show, because the 'rodeo' fans are singing so loud, go look on twitter, all the people talking about the rodeo, say how they went to see JANET...

If you are going to buy I'd do it soon, as its only 2000 seats, so its selling very fast, but she is doing 3 nights, only the first ones on sale, which had been officially sold out, but they must have released the tickets they normally keep until closer to the even because there are some left, good luck whatever you do :)
Oh so there will be a 3rd show too? Maybe I'll wait for its tickets to come on sale and then strike straight away. Thanks :)

Listen folks this isn't a thread to bash Janet-this is to discuss the tour. This has nothing to do with members personal dislike of Janet. Unless you want to discuss the tour then avoid posting in here unless you have something productive to say.

Listen folks this isn't a thread to bash Janet-this is to discuss the tour. This has nothing to do with members personal dislike of Janet. Unless you want to discuss the tour then avoid posting in here unless you have something productive to say.

Thanks for that, this thread is to post news of the show, experience, or anything to do with the tour and nothing more, so lets keep it that way please.
Great siggy BTW :)

Woah! The price of the tickets!! :bugeyed I don't know if I will be going this time.. I have seen her 3 times.. Janet & Velvet Rope tours.. This show doesn't look anywhere as good as those :no: But... I might leave it til nearer the time and see what bargins I can get on ebay! :p

I enjoyed the show last night. I thought it would be longer (at least it seems like the last concert I attended at the rodeo was longer than a hour) but it was still good.

Lorraine;3280901 said:
Woah! The price of the tickets!! :bugeyed I don't know if I will be going this time.. I have seen her 3 times.. Janet & Velvet Rope tours.. This show doesn't look anywhere as good as those :no: But... I might leave it til nearer the time and see what bargins I can get on ebay! :p

Yeah, thats quite a let down if I'm honest I expected similar prices to Paris, £70.35- £83.59

marooned99;3280935 said:
I enjoyed the show last night. I thought it would be longer (at least it seems like the last concert I attended at the rodeo was longer than a hour) but it was still good.

Did you record any of it? I really want to hear the ballads part of the show, did she do 'Nothing' (the song she did on AI).

Wait, she was only on for an hour? If that's all, I'm going to be really upset. I've paid anywhere from $20 - $30 to see one of my favorite artists play and the show was a little under and hour and a half! Granted, he's not even close to being as big as Janet, but still.

I'll be at one of the NYC shows in two weeks. Couple questions.... Well, my first one was how long was she on. Also, did the show start on time and what was the camera policy? I have a Canon camera that is not an SLR, but it's bigger like an SLR. I'm wondering if I'll be able to get this in at Radio City or if I should just call ahead of time.

Wait, she was only on for an hour? If that's all, I'm going to be really upset. I've paid anywhere from $20 - $30 to see one of my favorite artists play and the show was a little under and hour and a half! Granted, he's not even close to being as big as Janet, but still.

I'll be at one of the NYC shows in two weeks. Couple questions.... Well, my first one was how long was she on. Also, did the show start on time and what was the camera policy? I have a Canon camera that is not an SLR, but it's bigger like an SLR. I'm wondering if I'll be able to get this in at Radio City or if I should just call ahead of time.

Don't worry. Houston's show was part of a festival, and artists are only allowed an hour set, the rest of the shows are about an hour and a half to two hours, and to answer your question the show starts at 8:00pm, but if theres an opening act as there is on some dates they will start at 8:00pm and Janet will be on after them, camera policy depends on venue, but I've heard Radio City Hall are fine with them, I would call to make sure.

For those who love the truth, the price of the concert was only $18 (yes, the price reported here in this thread is not right) and there are many people complaining about the show (sound quality, duration of the concert, etc.)

For the others, forget what I wrote.

For those who love the truth, the price of the concert was only $18 (yes, the price reported here in this thread is not right) and there are many people complaining about the show (sound quality, duration of the concert, etc.)

$18?? thanks for the truth MJStorm

they are the cheapest tickets, not all the tickets cost that much, for those who want to know the whole truth(different show, all tickets are the same price):
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C004588887E653D?artistid=803872&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=28

Thanks, Raz! After I posted the message I was wondering if the Houston show was shorter because of the Rodeo thing. And yeah, there will be an opening act at the show I'm going to, so I figure Janet will probably be on around 9, hopefully.

Thanks, Raz! After I posted the message I was wondering if the Houston show was shorter because of the Rodeo thing. And yeah, there will be an opening act at the show I'm going to, so I figure Janet will probably be on around 9, hopefully.

No problem, have you heard of the opening act, Mindless Behaviour? are they an upcoming act or something?

If anyone's concert was $18, I don't think any fans would complain about that. lol Probably not the best seats in the house and probably not the best views, but at least you get to be there.:yes:

raz2911;3280980 said:
Yeah, thats quite a let down if I'm honest I expected similar prices to Paris, £70.35- £83.59

Did you record any of it? I really want to hear the ballads part of the show, did she do 'Nothing' (the song she did on AI).

No, I did not record any of it. I do not watch AI but if you are talking about the song from WDIGMT? then yes.

nearfantastica;3281044 said:

She was on about a hour. The show started on time. The last time I watched a concert at the rodeo was few years ago and I thought the show was longer than a hour. However, it was a few years ago so I could be wrong.

I was able to bring my camera. Probably best for you to call ahead to be sure. When I saw Janet a couple times during the AFY tour I was not allowed to bring my camera in and it was quite annoying to take my camera back to my car before the show started.

janet-103-thumb-560x373.jpg

janet-101-thumb-560x373.jpg

I wasn't going by the prices in this thread I was going by how much they are on ticket master when I was looking to book... The prices are crazy high!

Back