Janet's Number One's World Tour Official Thread

Yeah thanks for posting the interview, the second North American leg kicks off in less than a week in Montreal at the Bell Centre. I think we could see some more small changes to the set list again.

Despite the high Australian VIP prices, all but a few have sold out already in a matter of days. However some of the reserve tickets are still left over from most dates, general sale is on the 3rd. I'm surprised she hasn't added any New Zealand dates yet, I think she's actually had more chart success there, but I suppose there's plenty of time, some of the European dates were only added a matter of weeks before the show.

The VIP tickets sold out in a matter of hours on the day they went on sale! And most of the cheaper tickets are gone for Sydney and Melbourne. I'm holding out for the general sale now!

The 2nd North American leg kicks off later today in Montreal today at the Bell Centre.

Due to high demand for tickets to Janet's show in Portsmouth, lawn seats will also be available as of today (August 1st) on ticketmaster, for the small price of $25, and this makes the 6,500 maximum capacity now 10,000 maximum capacity, here's the press release:

ANET JACKSON

LAWN TICKETS AVAILABLE

NTELOS WIRELESS PAVILION

Monday, Aug. 1

Portsmouth, Va. – Janet Jackson’s concert in nTelos Wireless Pavilion on Tuesday, Aug. 9. will have lawn tickets available for $25, plus service charges starting 10 a.m. Monday, Aug. 1. Show date is Tuesday, Aug. 9 with doors opening at 7 p.m. and concert beginning at 8 p.m.

“Overwhelming demand for this concert is the reason why the additional general admission lawn tickets are being put on sale,” says Heather Fritz, director of marketing for the pavilion. “We have received hundreds of calls from Janet Jackson fans hoping to buy a ticket. The pavilion’s reserved seats sold out in minutes.

“This gives many fans the chance to hear the legendary performer in an intimate setting at nTelos Wireless Pavilion for her Number Ones – Up Close and Personal Tour.”

An American recording artist and actress, Janet Jackson is universally recognized for a series of sonically innovative, socially conscious and sexually provocative records, as well as elaborate stage shows, television and film roles. She has been a prominent figure in popular culture for more than 25 years.

Janet Jackson has had 35 No. 1 hit records, as well as 19 No. 1 dance hit records. Having sold more than 100 million records, she is ranked as one of the best-selling artists in history. The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) lists her as the eleventh best-selling female artist, with 26 million certified albums. In 2008, Billboard magazine released its list of the Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists, ranking her at number seven. In 2010, the magazine announced the "Top 50 R&B / Hip-Hop Artists of the Past 25 Years," ranking her at number five.

Tickets for the lawn go on sale at 10 a.m., Monday, Aug. 1 through all Ticketmaster outlets, including online (www.ticketmaster.com) and by phone (800.745.3000).

kindofdisco;3445528 said:
The VIP tickets sold out in a matter of hours on the day they went on sale! And most of the cheaper tickets are gone for Sydney and Melbourne. I'm holding out for the general sale now!

Cool, hope you can get decent seats :)

Janet's show in Montreal should have started by now, Leo Moctezuma and the rest of the Immortal World Tour crew are at Janet's show tonight, he tweeted about it:

LeoMoctezuma Leo Moctezuma
Excited! All of our @Cirque Michael Jackson #Immortal World Tour Family will be at The Janet Jackson Concert 2night in Montreal. Goodtimes!
1 hour ago

I love the excitement of everyone getting tickets to see her, especially fans here on this thread! Hope you have a blast, guys!

I managed to get a ticket to one of the Melbourne shows! It's not an amazing ticket, but I'll probably sell it if I get the 20 under 20 thing. I'm really not holding my breath though, which is why I figured I should buy a ticket anyway!

Dont think i'll be able to make it unfortnately

But i hope all u that go will have a awesome time

Great! Where you seeing her?

The goldcoast..i got gold tickets..not as close to the front as diamond tickets but still pretty good..the diamond tickets were too expensive anyway..like nearly $500 + a ticket :)

Yay I'm so excited this is the first time I'll get to see her in concert :)

The tour continues today in Hamilton I believe. Australia seem to be responding well to Janet coming back to Oz, guess they missed her. A third Sydney date has been added due to the first 2 dates selling within 15 minutes of going on sale, the third and final date in Sydney will be on November 8th:

Tickets to Janet Jackson’s Number Ones: Up Close and Personal Tour went on sale this morning and in Sydney, the first two shows at the Opera House, Concert Hall sold out in 15 minutes. A third and final show on Tuesday, November 8 is on sale now.
Paul Dainty, Chairman of Dainty Group said: “Tickets in Sydney were snapped up as soon as they went on sale this morning so we have put a third show on sale, this is definitely the final Sydney performance. Janet Jackson’s fans will get an amazing, once in a lifetime experience on this tour when Janet performs in intimate venues around Australia.”
On this tour, Janet will perform music exclusively from her chart topping CD Number Ones.
For Sydney tickets, book at the sydneyoperahouse.com or call 02 9250 7777.

http://www.starobserver.com.au/celebrity....announced/58454

libsta81;3448046 said:
The goldcoast..i got gold tickets..not as close to the front as diamond tickets but still pretty good..the diamond tickets were too expensive anyway..like nearly $500 + a ticket :)

Yay I'm so excited this is the first time I'll get to see her in concert :)

Cool, I'm sure you'll have a great time :)

I've heard that they have started doing 20 under 20 for this leg again, having only done it in a few cities in Europe (only London and Paris I heard) I see no reason why she would stop in Australia.

I also heard a rumour that Janet's boyfriend has proposed to her, and that is will be officially announced at the end of the current 2nd North American leg, which is September 1st.

Awww if that is true that janet's boyf has proposed to her, thats great news

I saw this show in London, absolutely amazing, it was a dream come true to finally see her live and in person. Icon

Janet's show in Montreal should have started by now, Leo Moctezuma and the rest of the Immortal World Tour crew are at Janet's show tonight, he tweeted about it

Yep they were all there :) Travis, Jonathan, Zaldy, Immortal World Tour guys...
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...Payne-and-all-the-Cirque-du-Soleil-guys!-lt-3

Some pics of the Montreal show I took :) I was 3rd row in the middle...
jj1811003.jpg

jj1811006.jpg

jj1811022.jpg

jj1811025.jpg

jj1811031.jpg

jj1811035.jpg

jj1811036.jpg

jj1811043.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics Carinemjj, did you enjoy the show? Your pics are great.

From what I've heard, there are a few small changes from the shows in Canada to the US shows. The bridge to Miss You Much is now a little different, well the instrumental anyway. Black Cat was performed in Bethel, NY for the first time since the first US leg, not being performed for the whole European leg, however it cuts before the bridge where Janet usually does a lot of head banging, probably the reason for cutting it. Diamonds and The Best Things In Life Are Free has been brought back, having been cut in Europe, strange as The Best Things In Life Are Free is one of Janet's songs that you hear often on radio over here.

The tour continues tonight in New Jersey, to a crowd of 7,000 at the PNC Arts Centre. Full tour dates can be found on the first post.

LOL she was actually being grabbed by all the dancers and 'trying to escape', she was laughing actually, I think this pic is cool ;)

:girl_werewolf:
LOL! if i was her i would kicked him in the balls tell him let me go! hahah :p

From what I've heard, there are a few small changes from the shows in Canada to the US shows. The bridge to Miss You Much is now a little different, well the instrumental anyway. Black Cat was performed in Bethel, NY for the first time since the first US leg, not being performed for the whole European leg, however it cuts before the bridge where Janet usually does a lot of head banging, probably the reason for cutting it. Diamonds and The Best Things In Life Are Free has been brought back, having been cut in Europe, strange as The Best Things In Life Are Free is one of Janet's songs that you hear often on radio over here.

The tour continues tonight in New Jersey, to a crowd of 7,000 at the PNC Arts Centre. Full tour dates can be found on the first post.

I was at the Bethel show. Make Me and I Get Lonely were both cut that night.

I did enjoy the show, but it was nothing special compared to Prince (sorry Janet) and I was more impressed with the velvet Rope show which had that WOW factor. She's still adorable though and cute as a basket of kittens ;)
She didn't do I Get lonely, which is my favorite... too bad.

Show was good, but I don't get ALL those pauses... I mean 1h30 of show, including all the videos and the instrumental pauses where she isn't on stage... does she have to pee every 10 minutes? I mean (sorry again lol) but Prince gave us a 4 hours show, without pauses, singing live and dancing his ass off while playing his guitar and bass...

Well for me I didn't went to the show tonight because I didn't have the tickets but I post some of the videos tmorrow if thats ok with you guys! :clapping:

New interview:
http://www.janetjackson.com/story/news/janet-jackson-does-it-for-her-fans
BlackGlamascreamcopy-color.jpg

By Windy City Times

Janet Jackson grew up on television with the family variety show The Jacksons, following that with Good Times and Diff'rent Strokes. She then took "Control" of her music career in the '80s thanks to producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. She went on to become one of the best-selling artists in the industry, with multimillion-dollar contracts and hit song after hit song, including "Rhythm Nation," "Together Again" and "All For You." She brings these number-one singles on tour with her to finish out another stellar year.

Windy City Times: Hi, Janet. Is there a hit that you never get tired of performing?

Janet Jackson: All of them. [Laughs]

WCT: On the current tour are you performing any different or remixed versions on past hits?

JJ: Yes, I have done special arrangements of many of my songs. You will still recognize them but I had to do them differently to get as many songs into the show as possible.

WCT: How long do you train for the dance moves in the show?

JJ: We rehearsed for hours but with this tour we were in dance rehearsal for about two weeks.

WCT: Sounds intense. This is a tour for the fans, correct?

JJ: Yes. I wanted my Number Ones: Up Close and Personal tour to be a thank you for all the fans that have supported me all these years.

WCT: Are you working on new music at the end of the tour?

JJ: I will go back into the studio at some point this year. I am always thinking about new songs, but I am not sure what it will be yet. My music is very personal and I write about what is going on in my life. So I will wait until I am in the studio to decide.

WCT: Is there someone that you would like to duet with but haven't?

JJ: There are so many people I would enjoy signing with; I couldn't give you just one.

WCT: You have influenced so many performers from Beyonce to Rihanna and they have publicly said that so you can take your pick on a duet.

JJ: There have been artists that have come before me that have been a big inspiration. I hope I do the same for others.

WCT: Tell our readers about your book, True You.

JJ: True You is not an autobiography, but it does have anecdotes from my life. I thought it was important to share what I have gone through. People always look at me and think I grew up with the perfect life. I thought that if people, especially the kids, could see what I have gone through, that they could relate to what I wrote about in "True You." It is a journey to finding and loving yourself. It has been a long road, but I am happy with who I am now.

WCT: What do you recommend for people with body-image issues?

JJ: You need to love and accept yourself for who you are, but you also need to appreciate and respect what God has given you and treat it with respect by trying to stay as healthy as possible.

WCT: Is it still a daily struggle for you?

JJ: Most of us struggle with something. The most important thing is to recognize when I am dealing with it so I can accept where I am and move on.

WCT: I think the new short hair displays a confidence in you. Is that true?

JJ: It is not the first time I have had short hair. I love it! I was filming a movie, For Colored Girls, by Tyler Perry, and I thought the character would have this hairstyle. It has been a lot of fun, though.

WCT: What has been the most challenging part of acting on television or movies?

JJ: Acting was my first passion. It is what I always thought I would do with my life—that or be a horse jockey or lawyer. I have been fortunate to enjoy success in music as well, which makes it hard to accept all the acting roles that I would like and I guess that would be the hardest part. … I am very fortunate.

WCT: Do you have more movies in the works?

JJ: I will definitely act in other movies. I am excited to have a deal with Lionsgate to produce a movie as well. I am looking forward to that experience.

WCT: What do you think of LaToya being on Celebrity Apprentice?

JJ: I'm happy for her.

WCT: Would you ever do a reality show?

JJ: I was on the season finale of American Idol, which was fun. I enjoyed getting to see all the talented kids on that show. I don't think my schedule would allow me to be on a show as a regular, though.

WCT: Have you thought about writing a musical? You could do Velvet Rope, the Musical!

JJ: I have, actually. We'll see. I have always wanted to be on Broadway. I have a friend who was and he said it is a whole different discipline. I want to experience that someday.

WCT: You have so many fans that will always support you. Any special shout out for your gay fans?

JJ: I want to thank all of my fans for their support over the years. It means a great deal to me. For the gay community, love yourself for who you are! I hope to see all of you in Milwaukee.

Janet brings her Number Ones, Up Close and Personal to the Milwaukee Theatre, 500 W Kilbourn Ave., on Sunday, Aug. 14. Visit http:// www.janetjackson.com for tickets and details.

NUNN ON ONE: MUSIC Janet Jackson does it for her fans by Jerry Nunn, | Windy City Times August 10th, 2011

I'm hearing the 3rd Melbourne show has now been announced and the pre-sale has already happened, still surprised that no New Zealand shows have been announced yet.

I've just heard news that the stage Janet was to perform at in Indianapolis state fair has collapsed leaving 4 dead and a dozen or so injured, I've heard that the whole group of shows arranged will be cancelled including Janet's show, no official word yet however.

A video of the stage collapsing has emerged, but watch it at your own digression, it is very hard to watch:

RIP to those who have passed.

I saw footage of that today on the news, i cant belive it happened

Looks like they plan to continue with the shows after Monday (Janet's show is on Wednesday), this was the statement issued on their website:

Dear Friends and Fans,

You have no doubt heard about the tragedy that struck our fair Saturday evening. We mourn for the victims and their families and ask for your prayers. The fair will be closed on Sunday as we figure out how best to proceed.

We are currently planning to resume the fair in some form on Monday, August 15. More information on that is forthcoming. Thanks to all those who have assisted us and continue to do so in our time of need.

Management and Staff,

Indiana State Fair

I must say if I was on Janet's team I doubt I would allow her to do the show, for her safety and out of respect to those who have passed.

Back