Janet's Number One's World Tour Official Thread

Re: Janet's world tour - first date set

Um no, Michael will not be put down to try and make Janet look better. That just ain't happening here. This is a MICHAEL Jackson board, if you feel the need to do that you're probably better suited to Janet zone or whatever it's called. Always puzzled me why Janet fans feel the need to come here and do that.

Um no, Michael will not be put down to try and make Janet look better. That just ain't happening here. This is a MICHAEL Jackson board, if you feel the need to do that you're probably better suited to Janet zone or whatever it's called. Always puzzled me why Janet fans feel the need to come here and do that.

I love you StaceyMJ and I totally agree with you!

Thank you for this. (though I don't know what happened earlier lol)
Oh and the answer is, insecurity.

Last edited:

Thank you for this.
Oh and the answer is, insecurity.

Yep, well whatever it is time to quit.
Anymore and infractions will be given. Here for Mike and Mike only.

Yep, well whatever it is time to quit.
Anymore and infractions will be given. Here for Mike and Mike only.
I just replied to your post, I don't know even know what lead to your post, and I've always been here for Mike only, and no one else.

I just replied to your post, I don't know even know what lead to your post, and I've always been here for Mike only, and no one else.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was agreeing with you. :)

Oh that's nice...When she's consistently selling out 23,000 to 80,000 seat stadiums again (like her peer Madonna was doing in 09) call me...

lol and all this talk about how she "chose" to do smaller venues because she wants to get up close and personal with her fans is pure BS lmao...she had 20 somethin years to get "up close and personal" with them, it's OBVIOUS she's doing this to protect her rep lol. Can you imagine MJ doing a show like this? Even if it sold out (which it undoubtedly would have) people (media and industry folk alike) would be claiming exactly what it looks like...that he was keeping himself from being looked at like a has been…an artist way past his prime that couldn't sell anymore (and sadly he was looked at like this by some, but hey, at least he went out with a BANG in the name of the 02 ARENA shows, making history, setting records, and shuting naysayers up before the curtain truly fell)...It’s a smart move but let’s keep it real. It’s true what they say…success, power, status, is all one giant ILLUSION in this business and PERCEPTION is everything, but go head Ms. Jackson, get that money (which is of course the BOTTOM LINE)….

One thing Janet has always had in her corner though (yes, despite the superbowl incident) is the media...they’re really helping her look very good right now.

Last edited:

Janet's not expected to help them, because A) Janet's career isn't an extension of J5 like Mike's, B) Janet has always, "done her own thing" if you catch my drift, and C) they all know better than to try Janet with the foolishness. And last time I checked, Janet fronted the bill for the deposit on the burial, paid Donatella to dress the entire family in custom made Versace, contributed to the boat she and Mike bought for Joe in '89, and was rumored to be supporting Katherine and Jermaine (at some point). So save that.

This thread is not about her alleged lack of family support, and the brother's not jumping on her bandwagon with the tour, it's about Janet's tour. So let's keep it that way. ;)

Yeah let's keep this thread about the tour lol

Oh and @OnOurWay...you are truly funny lol and you get major side-eye from me...the reason the Jackson Fam did not bother Janet for money like they did Mike, (I say "DID" because who knows what it's like now what with MJ and his too kind and too generous soul being gone and his ESTATE truly being the ones that don't "play that shit" lol) is because she freely gave her money over. (Not saying that MJ didn't also at times, lol we all know the stories about what he's done for his fam as well as for charities all over the world but hear me out) She continued paying her father his 10 or 20 percent managerial money long after he stopped being her manager, she's helped pay for the up-keep of Hayvenhurst (along with MJ) and she's (by your own admission) helped support both Katherine and Jermaine at different points. By all accounts, Michael was the one the fam knew didn't "play that" as you said lol. That’s why they had to run their vehicles through his gates, set up appointments, and go through Mama Kat to get to him. lol “push over” my ass…Truly funny.

But I digress...like you said...this thread is about her tour, all negative, positive, indifferent, and skeptical comments (should be) WELCOMED.

Last edited:
babykinsilk05;3202873 said:
Oh that's nice...When she's consistently selling out 23,000 to 80,000 seat stadiums again (like her peer Madonna was doing in 09) call me...

lol and all this talk about how she "chose" to do smaller venues because she wants to get up close and personal with her fans is pure BS lmao...she had 20 somethin years to get "up close and personal" with them, it's OBVIOUS she's doing this to protect her rep lol. Can you imagine MJ doing a show like this? Even if it sold out (which it undoubtedly would have) people (media and industry folk alike) would be claiming exactly what it looks like...that he was keeping himself from being looked at like a has been…an artist way past his prime that couldn't sell anymore (and sadly he was looked at like this by some, but hey, at least he went out with a BANG in the name of the 02 ARENA shows, making history, setting records, and shuting naysayers up before the curtain truly fell)...It’s a smart move but let’s keep it real. It’s true what they say…success, power, status, is all one giant ILLUSION in this business and PERCEPTION is everything, but go head Ms. Jackson, get that money ….

One thing Janet always had in her corner though is the media...they’re really helping her look very good right now.

Did you actually go to one of Madonna's shows ?? I love her, but I know a lot of people who went to these "sold out" shows and said there were lots of empty seats...

And Janet hasn't always had the media in her corner, after the SB they completly turned on her, and still don't treat her like they used to.

And Janet can still sell out arenas, her Essence festival date sold out in record time, so did the Jingle Bell Ball when she headlined at the o2.

All of Janets shows have sold well, Manilla has sold about 94% so far, Jakarta sold most of the tickets on the day of release, Singapore is around 70-80% sold, Taipei is nearly sold out too, so who ever said the Asia shows aren't selling...

I wholeheartedly agree with you. What was the point of someone even bringing up Michael in this thread? What was the point of someone indirectly patronizing Janet for not allowing her brothers to be on her tour? What was the point of even trying to patronize Janet for going on tour? Some fans here are really bitter.

But I digress...like you said...this thread is about her tour, all negative, positive, indifferent, and skeptical comments (should be) WELCOMED.

This thread is about her tour. Let's keep it that way and only discuss JANET in a JANET thread. :clapping:

^Yea sure, I was discussion Janet in a Janet thread...and like I said...all Comments (regarding Ms. Jackson's tour), weather it be Negative, Positive, Indifferent, or Skeptical should be welcomed. I only responded to a post YOU brought up mentioning (and dissing) Michael.

Carry On...

In any event, Janet has added another date for NYC.

If she sells out, it'll be ~15k tickets sold. That's the same as selling out MSG.

She should've just done arenas.

For concerts MSG has 20,000 seats center stage, 19,522 seats end-stage

^^would have a shut a lot of people up...I just can't hop on the "omg Janet is slaying em, snatching wigs left and right" train lol with a theater tour...

Of course she's not hurting for much (that we know of) so I'm sure she could careless either way, but I still gotta say it...

^^would have a shut a lot of people up...I just can't hop on the "omg Janet is slaying em, snatching wigs left and right" train lol with a theater tour...

Of course she's not hurting for much (that we know of) so I'm sure she could careless either way, but I still gotta say it...

totally agree

Radio City Hall capacity - ~6,000

Janet has so far sold out two shows - ~12,000

Janet Jackson, DJ Juan
Madison Square Garden
New York, N.Y.
Nov. 1, 2008
$799,082
9,955 /
1 /
$295.50, $40.30
Live Nation

If the third date sells out, ~18,000.

The promoter decides how many tickets to put on sale. So the capacity of the arena is irrelevant in most cases.

Thank you.

All this 'sold out' talk is an illusion, when the shows take place and everybody's behind is in their respective seats, then the show is 'sold out!'

[

lol and all this talk about how she "chose" to do smaller venues because she wants to get up close and personal with her fans is pure BS lmao...she had 20 somethin years to get "up close and personal" with them, it's OBVIOUS she's doing this to protect her rep lol. Can you imagine MJ doing a show like this? Even if it sold out (which it undoubtedly would have) people (media and industry folk alike) would be claiming exactly what it looks like...that he was keeping himself from being looked at like a has been…an artist way past his prime that couldn't sell anymore (and sadly he was looked at like this by some, but hey, at least he went out with a BANG in the name of the 02 ARENA shows, making history, setting records, and shuting naysayers up before the curtain truly fell)...It’s a smart move but let’s keep it real. It’s true what they say…success, power, status, is all one giant ILLUSION in this business and PERCEPTION is everything, but go head Ms. Jackson, get that money (which is of course the BOTTOM LINE)…..

Oh, god, you're right. My baby would have been crucified if he announced touring in a 3800 seater like the Chicago Theater.

Janet is being very smart here. She's going to be able to tout sell outs across the board because of the venue sizes. Those kind of bragging rights can eventually get her back in the larger venues.

Michael would've been crucified if he announced he was doing theatres

Michael would've been crucified if he announced he was doing theatres
so true and the same ppl defending this theatre tour would have been the first ones to jump on his throat.
I'm glad Mike never had to do theatres tbh

so true and the same ppl defending this theatre tour would have been the first ones to jump on his throat.
I'm glad Mike never had to do theatres tbh

Exactly.. Janet fans would've been like ' MJ has to do small venues because no one wants to see him' blah blah... and the media would've been all over it saying how he has lost his fans and how no one wants to see him. We all know how that would've went.

I wish this thread would just disappear.

lol and all this talk about how she "chose" to do smaller venues because she wants to get up close and personal with her fans is pure BS lmao...she had 20 somethin years to get "up close and personal" with them, it's OBVIOUS she's doing this to protect her rep lol. Can you imagine MJ doing a show like this? Even if it sold out (which it undoubtedly would have) people (media and industry folk alike) would be claiming exactly what it looks like...that he was keeping himself from being looked at like a has been…an artist way past his prime that couldn't sell anymore (and sadly he was looked at like this by some, but hey, at least he went out with a BANG in the name of the 02 ARENA shows, making history, setting records, and shuting naysayers up before the curtain truly fell)...It’s a smart move but let’s keep it real. It’s true what they say…success, power, status, is all one giant ILLUSION in this business and PERCEPTION is everything, but go head Ms. Jackson, get that money (which is of course the BOTTOM LINE)….

One thing Janet has always had in her corner though (yes, despite the superbowl incident) is the media...they’re really helping her look very good right now.

:bow::bow::bow:

one thing i would say is that mj never had a problem selling out stadiums, so he would never have to a theatre tour unless he wanted to. i agree that janet doing a smaller show is playing it on the safe side instead of playing bigger venues. i think she could do civic size areans but probably not the size of staples and areans.

" All this 'sold out' talk is an illusion, when the shows take place and everybody's behind is in their respective seats, then the show is 'sold out!'"
that could be said for everybody, not just her. i also higly doubt that people are gonna spend their hard earned money on a ticket and not show up.

i do agree that she doesnt have the same command as madonna and thats why she is doing smaller venues.

one thing i would say is that mj never had a problem selling out stadiums, so he would never have to a theatre tour unless he wanted to. i agree that janet doing a smaller show is playing it on the safe side instead of playing bigger venues. i think she could do civic size areans but probably not the size of staples and areans.

" All this 'sold out' talk is an illusion, when the shows take place and everybody's behind is in their respective seats, then the show is 'sold out!'"
that could be said for everybody, not just her. i also higly doubt that people are gonna spend their hard earned money on a ticket and not show up.

i do agree that she doesnt have the same command as madonna and thats why she is doing smaller venues.

she sold out the stables last tour. so why would she have trouble selling out this time, and she's playing to more than she did at the staples at the stables 6,000 *3 18,000 people still

she sold out the stables last tour. so why would she have trouble selling out this time, and she's playing to more than she did at the staples at the stables 6,000 *3 18,000 people still

honestly, that what i was thinking 2... also she didnt sell out everywhere but most shows had atleast 70-75% capacity, which is good. i also said that she could do larger areans(civic) and still sell those out. maybe her people dont want to play it safe this time around. maybe she wanted to scale back and not spend as much money.. also i dont know what she lost, or if she wound up owing livenation money last tour because she had to cancel for medical reasons. n i kinda wondered why she would have trouble selling out a larger venue.... she still has a big name and i dont see why people wouldnt want to go see her preform. so i dunno

Back