Janet's Number One's World Tour Official Thread

Re: Janet's world tour - first date set

Let me ask you all this. Why on earth does Janet have to sell as many tickets as Michael has in the past??

Let's just stop this discussion!

^Agreed! Janet is touring and that's cool to some of us who would like to see her.

btw. I would have loved it when Michael could have done theatres instead of arenas. Could you imagine the intimacy. Standing arena's are only fun when you are in the first ten rows, otherwise you just get crushed in the process. I've been crushed at an MJ concert before - not that I'm complaining. But to fell proximity to the performer rather than stress is a plus to me. Bigger is not always better.

Michael Jackson was not able to do theatre because he was Michael Jackson okay? He was too big to do theatre, he was not some random recording artist.

^Duh! That's why he had to do the freedom to do as he pleased. I imagine small would have meant less technics, more ballads.

But back to Janet. I have never seen her live before. Anyone around here who did?

^^^ i havent but i will be on mar 29

I would have loved to see Michael in a theatre...but yeah, that wouldve been so hard, the place would have turned into a madhouse....

Wow, I just wonder how this is going to be profitable tour. Janet's performing usually involves heavy choreography and a lot of dancers, technical aids and more (after all this is world tour). I am glad she sold out.

"Number Ones, Up Close and Personal Tour" - was it michael's private home movies named "King of Pop Up Close and Personal" broadcasted in 2003?

^^^ it will be profitable becaue the expenses for a theatre are less than one for a arean. in an arean you have to rent, pay for lights, have all of the pyros, the stage design, etc... in a theatre aome of it will be cut out or it will cost much less. also the ticket prices are the same as if it was in an arena($90-$250). so its profitable.
n it was "mj's private home movies you were never meant to see"

I can't imagine her without the pyro. In a theatre she will have to sing live I guess. I would love to see how this goes. She whispers when she sings so let's see how strong her voice really is

I can't imagine her without the pyro. In a theatre she will have to sing live I guess. I would love to see how this goes. She whispers when she sings so let's see how strong her voice really is

Never thought of that, it'll be interesting indeed. I really can't imagine what a theatre show of hers would be like. So used to the big production etc.

Seriously guys, Michael and Janet are two very different artists. This is a thread about Janet's tour now, let's not keep throwing in the old 'well Michael sold out stadiums.'

"The Iconic Janet Jackson’s “Number Ones: Up Close and Personal Tour” has sold out across North America in record time. Janet is the fastest selling single artist performance ticket this year. now ranks as one of the fastest sold out shows in the 25 year History of the Santa Barbara Bowl)"

Not trying to be rude but is that because she is performing in theathers?

Thrill;3206803 said:
"The Iconic Janet Jackson’s “Number Ones: Up Close and Personal Tour” has sold out across North America in record time. Janet is the fastest selling single artist performance ticket this year. now ranks as one of the fastest sold out shows in the 25 year History of the Santa Barbara Bowl)"

***sigh**** 2011?? or 2010???

We are only 22 days into the new year...no other major artist has announced a new tour this year. It must be 2010...otherwise they are reaching with that statement.

***sigh**** 2011?? or 2010???

We are only 22 days into the new year...no other major artist has announced a new tour this year. It must be 2010...otherwise they are reaching with that statement.

LOL, we'll see if she still is in December. :)

I wish Janet all the best on her tour and I hope she comes to The Netherlands :)

I want so badly to let Janet come to Copenhagen, I pray to God to see her plzz !!

Thrill;3206803 said:

Great news. She has finally sold out the half dozen of seats for her shows. I was worried. Another failure would mean another interview with Oprah about drugs.

i cant wait im going to see her in singapore :D

great news. She has finally sold out the half dozen of seats for her shows. I was worried. Another failure would mean another interview with oprah about drugs.

lol...

Was 'Nothing' nominated for an Oscar? I thought someone on here said it was a frontrunner and getting a lot of buzz for best song in a movie

So are there any theatre dates for Europe out yet? I'm really interested in those ticket sales..

So are there any theatre dates for Europe out yet? I'm really interested in those ticket sales..

Me too, it's been a while since she's had a hit here. But in general attendance numbers for concerts in Europe are good so I'm sure she will sell out if she's doing theatres. I might even go if she's performing anywhere close to where I live :)

Janet Jackson adds third Gibson Amphitheatre performance, after first dates sell out
January 24, 2011 | 11:57 am

Janet Janet Jackson is quickly becoming the hottest ticket of the year.

Her “Number Ones: Up Close and Personal Tour” is now extending its run in Los Angeles to a third date.

After tickets to the April 14 Gibson Amphitheatre sold out in less than 10 minutes, Jackson added an additional performance for April 15 -- which quickly sold out, as well.

Jackson and Live Nation have now added an additional Gibson Amphitheatre performance for Saturday, April 16.

The 35-city tour has also sold out multiple nights in New York, Toronto, Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Atlantic City, N.J., as well as single nights in Atlanta and Santa Barbara. Her website sold more than 96% of the presale tickets for the North American tour on the first day of presales.

Additional dates have also been added in Chicago, Toronto, New York, Washington, D.C., and San Francisco.

For this trek, Jackson has called on her fans to vote for the 35 cities (one for each of her 35 No. 1 hits) that would constitute the itinerary, with dates in Singapore, Hong Kong and Manila being the first to be announced.

"These concerts will be different from anything I have ever done. I will be as up close and personal as possible," Jackson said in a statement. "These concerts are not about special effects. This is a love affair between me and those of you who have supported me and my work for all these years. I'll be singing and dancing from my heart. The music will all be songs that you've made number ones for me. Let's go!”

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mus...tre-performance-after-first-two-sell-out.html

Gibson Amphitheatre has a capacity of ~6000. She sold out two shows already. That's ~12,000. She basically just sold out Staples Center. If the third date sells out, she will have sold Staples Center.

It seems the same people will see the same show over and over again. Good job Janet.

lol

Was 'Nothing' nominated for an Oscar? I thought someone on here said it was a frontrunner and getting a lot of buzz for best song in a movie

They preferred the music from Toy Story and Tangled.

LOL

It seems the same people will see the same show over and over again. Good job Janet.

lol

They preferred the music from Toy Story and Tangled.

LOL

LOL.... yep the same states will see the same show over and over again.. and as far as 'Nothing' goes, I really thought someone on this board said it was in contention for an Oscar best original song. What happened?

she'll be performing in Manila on Feb. 4 at the PICC Plenary Hall.. I wonder why they chose that venue and only limited seats are available. (I mean, people will watch a concert and not a commencement exercise ryt?)

janet.gif

Back