Janet's Number One's World Tour Official Thread

Hmmm, I haven't heard Janet say even one GOOD thing about Michael since he passed; therefore, this little "tribute" to him doesn't mean anything to me and seems to be something to appease MJ fans. I, for one, am not falling for it. She can't make up for the things that she has said since Michael's passing. Where was this "dedication" when she threw him under the bus and basically called him an "addict"? Nope, her little tributes may fool some, for me they mean nothing. Too late.

well who cares it's not about YOU or any other fan and doubt Janet is trying to appease anyone, it's about Michael, she's been doing it since essence and I the majority of that audience isn't hadcore Michael fans and probably hadn't bought a cd of his the 80's. and she did it for the private conceret and I doubt any of thoses business people were these hardcore Michael fans who feel the need to be appeased. and I am sure some of thoese in the audience were Michael fans but I doubt they bought a ticket to see a tribute.

Michael doesn't have thousands he has MILLIONS,
:eek:

Calm! :bugeyed :ph34r: I know there are millions. Well, actually would be tons of fans around the world :)heart:).

but Janet does have a lot of fans she just needs to reconnect with them, outside of the US and Japan the world hasn't need Janet tour for nearly 15 years, but that's what I think this tours for.

Good for her. :coffee:

We should not compare Janet with Michael. It's so obvious that he has more fans than Janet. I really doubt that Janet has thousands of fans around the world like Michael. :fear: Well, anyway, I wish her luck with this tour.

im not comparing mj with janet and would never do that. the poster wanted to poke fun at janet, or so it seemed, by saying the same fans would see the show over and over and I just established that was the same case with Michaels show -despite how many fans you have around the world, some fans do wanna see their idol more than once just like the guy here who was going 18 times to see michael :)

I am very surprised she dedicated 'Together Again' to MJ, considering when the song first came out it was a song for all of her friends that had died of AIDS or something. I do remember her saying that.
So? she didn't write the song for Michael it was written over a decade before his death. Diana ross dedicated 'Missing You' to Michael on her tour and we know that song was released decades ago deciated to Marvin Gaye and she didn't even write that. It doesn't take away from the sentimental value of the song.

Hmmm, I haven't heard Janet say even one GOOD thing about Michael since he passed; therefore, this little "tribute" to him doesn't mean anything to me and seems to be something to appease MJ fans. I, for one, am not falling for it. She can't make up for the things that she has said since Michael's passing. Where was this "dedication" when she threw him under the bus and basically called him an "addict"? Nope, her little tributes may fool some, for me they mean nothing. Too late.

Janet has said MANY great things about her brother, she also planned a great memorial. She did a wonderful tribute on the VMA's, she did a tribute during her essense Music festival show, she did a tribute during her private concert show. Janet doesn't need to appease her brothers fans, she has her own. The number may not compare but the love and dedication does. Why does Janet need a reason to do a tribute to her brother? everyone else does, anyone has the right to tribute someone.

Last edited:
So? she didn't write the song for Michael it was written over a decade before his death. Diana ross dedicated 'Missing You' to Michael on her tour and we know that song was released decades ago deciated to Marvin Gaye and she didn't even write that. It doesn't take away from the sentimental value of the song.

Janet has said MANY great things about her brother, she also planned a great memorial. She did a wonderful tribute on the VMA's, she did a tribute during her essense Music festival show, she did a tribute during her private concert show. Janet doesn't need to appease her brothers fans, she has her own. The number may not compare but the love and dedication does. Why does Janet need a reason to do a tribute to her brother? everyone else does, anyone has the right to tribute someone.

I agree! .. You say everything what i want to say. Michael love her and she love him . And this never change.

well who cares it's not about YOU or any other fan and doubt Janet is trying to appease anyone, it's about Michael, she's been doing it since essence and I the majority of that audience isn't hadcore Michael fans and probably hadn't bought a cd of his the 80's. and she did it for the private conceret and I doubt any of thoses business people were these hardcore Michael fans who feel the need to be appeased. and I am sure some of thoese in the audience were Michael fans but I doubt they bought a ticket to see a tribute.

Your post doesn't change my opinion of Janet or what she has said about Michael since he was murdered and it doesn't change my mind about her little "tribute". Let's leave it at that, shall we.

I agree! .. You say everything what i want to say. Michael love her and she love him . And this never change.

I agree with both of you.... N I'm mad some in here have led themselves to believe that she is doing this tribute to appease MJ fans. N for people who claim not to like her, why come into a thread about her, watch/read her videos or interviews just to come and to bash them. If I didn't like someone I wouldn't give them the time of the day, and I definitely wouldn't make most of my post about them either.... I will just never understand......

I agree with both of you.... N I'm mad some in here have led themselves to believe that she is doing this tribute to appease MJ fans. N for people who claim not to like her, why come into a thread about her, watch/read her videos or interviews just to come and to bash them. If I didn't like someone I wouldn't give them the time of the day, and I definitely wouldn't make most of my post about them either.... I will just never understand......

YES !! it doesn't bother me that people don't like Janet or her music, everyones entitled to their opinion, its when they won't stop turning every thread on her into a I hate Janet for saying _____ thread.

Anyway back on topic, Janet landed in Singapore yesterday, and she's doing a private concert tonight, not available to the public in the Hard Rock Hotel apparently, with her show at the Singapore Indoor Stadium tomorrow, I'll try and keep you guys updated on the pics and things :)

Also, on the official T-shirt 3 further cities were added to the list, but no dates were included:
Cannes France
Sydney Australia
Tokyo Japan
on the T-shirt the cities were all in order and these came in that order after the last announced date of Monte Carlo.

I wish her well on this tour, but in all actuality I think she should leave the Michael tribute out. It doesn't seem genuine or sincere to me especially since we all know what she thinks of him. Like Butterflies said, she really hasn't said anything positive about MJ since his murder, so for her to do this tribute seems very disingenious to me. That's just my opinion because it gives the impression of being very fake. Throwing your dead brother under the bus publicly and then doing a tribute just doesn't seem right to me. But like I said that's my opinion and I guess if she doesn't get any negative feedback from it, she will continue to do it.

I wish her well on this tour, but in all actuality I think she should leave the Michael tribute out. It doesn't seem genuine or sincere to me especially since we all know what she thinks of him

no she shouldn't, I know people who I think have been addicted to drugs, and been in denial, and I've told them, that doesn't mean I don't care for them, it means you care. Janet thinking MJ had a drug problem, weather she's right or wrong does not lessen the fact that she loves him dearly, if she wants to put some picture of MJ in the background, let her.

no she shouldn't, I know people who I think have been addicted to drugs, and been in denial, and I've told them, that doesn't mean I don't care for them, it means you care. Janet thinking MJ had a drug problem, weather she's right or wrong does not lessen the fact that she loves him dearly, if she wants to put some picture of MJ in the background, let her.

I would never throw my famous dead brother under the bus if I loved him 'dearly' especially knowing that the media will run with it and especially since addiction had nothing to do with his death. But like I said she will continue to do it especially if there is no negative backlash from it. I wish her well

I would never throw my famous dead brother under the bus if I loved him 'dearly' especially knowing that the media will run with it and especially since addiction had nothing to do with his death. But like I said she will continue to do it especially if there is no negative backlash from it. I wish her well

She will not continue to do it, she hasn't talked about it since then, I don't agree with what she said, but she was grieving, she just jumped to conclusions. she hasn't even mentioned Michael in any of her interview, even when she did talk about MJ in the Robin and Oprah, she's asked, she doesn't bring it up.
But were not going to agree, so lets just keep this thread on topic.

I have been a fan of Janet since Good Times and wish her a lot of success with this tour. My only complaint is that some of her costume choices are a bit too revealing in terms of the cleavage. She doesn't need to keep reminding us that she's got big boobs. We get it. I feel the same way about some of Mariah Carey's fashion choices. I wish they would be a bit more conservative, especially in view of their ages. Unfortunately, they seem to be going down the same road as Aretha which is a shame.

Last edited:
From Janet's Choreographer

Dear fans,

Of course after the opening I was expecting lots of opinions. The initial talks of an up close and personal tour was janet’s feeling to how she did radio city music hall. She enjoyed herself being up close and in intimate settings and wanted to bring it to the fans. So this is why she is on this tour.

Why spend money on new everything when u have a show up and running and its an intimate setting? Its to celebrate her and her number one songs. Well why is it the same set list? I’m not a musician nor do I hear what her or the musical director is hearing. These songs seem to bleed and blend into each other. I’ve suggested some changes but yet again, I’m not a musician. Certain songs just work with each other. So if there were to be changes in future, then it will be added on to the set list where it fits well. Only a musician can understand that, yet we sit here and complain about a set list they heard…. I’m sorry….if there wasn’t a set list , there would be no concert.

Janet is on a good streak right now. Everything looks great. All she needs is prayers to make it through and do all shows, not grumbling cause ur not getting what you want. Have u taken to account what happened last tour? She got sick. Why not prayers instead of grumbling. Let her prove to the nay sayers that she is back, not sick and won’t get sick ever again and fulfill her duties. You don’t know what it takes to get something like this together. Be glad that faith is back from people in the touring world to put this up, because after those cancellations, u never know if they would trust her to tour again. So STOP it now! Let her ride this amazing ride, get in back with good graces, and then when she drops her album, then we r trusted in every way to give u the show u want! A big big show in every way. But because of last tour, I could see how the big heads r skeptical….”Will she make it through this year of performing ? Cancellations? Well **** yall, pray for her. Support her. And love on her that we r on tour. A second chance. So that once all is done and dates fulfilled all across the world, then we have even more to do a big big tour. But of course, need an album and hits, then big tour….do u not ever see the big picture? I may not be what u want a choreographer to be or at times, maybe not approachable as u like me to be but this is me. This is how I am with my friends. But I’ve been here by her side through a lot a shit. She is in the good. She is on a great ride. Press, life, happy love. Things negative r dying down. Its all a process. But yet ur not satisfied and not thinking about the bigger picture and what was done in the past that we have to do certain things to do what we want in future or to make yall more happy. Relax and all I ask is u appreciate that she’s on tour, go support her and love on her in every city, and pray for her. With all this negativity is not gonna get u or her anywhere. Seriously. Think about the past, think where she’s at now and pray as she makes this world tour of number ones and expect big things in the future cause she fulfilled her commitments.

Yes I’m sure- I’m a dick for blocking people who got something to say. Just don’t come at me with some nonsense if u haven’t thought big picture or u don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. Just appreciate and love on her at this time. She needs all of us and prayers, be glad she on tour and expect a bigger one after album drops. But this is what it is now. Her hits her up close and personal, no glitz and glam, just us enjoying her music. I don’t care what the hell I’m wearing on stage cause I love her and I really love her music. I enjoy performing it.

Get another perspective is all I ask and think bigger picture. Please. I may seem like a dick all the time cause I’m constantly trying to defend her. U weren’t there on the inside to know the struggle to be where she is at now. Some may thought she may never have another chance to tour again after last one and or even dumb ass super bowl. But we are here! And doing it. And proving we r here and not going away.
R u on this train with us? If not , then seriously get a refund. My girl does not need negative energy in that intimate of a setting

Much love- gil

Quick Question...

Why is it that Gil say's Janet "needs" this "up close and personal" tour to prove to sponsors/tptb that she is still revelant enough to sell albums/A MAJOR tour (next time) because of, as he stated, the superbowl fiasco and the cancelation of her last tour? while MJ, who stopped touring completley for over a decade and got hit with the trial, still came back doing the 02?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
^^ the answer to that question is MJ is MJ.

I don't understand why the fans are complaining about this being similar to the RWU tour, the show was only 16 shows, and only in the US, its the first time anyone out of the US has seen the show, so its completely new to them

i luv when she sang "Again" truly magical....the crowd was wild hehe and when singing Together Again dedicated to MJ? aww her head goes up & blew kiss to MJ is very touching.....

at the end of day its still her brother still missing him i want to go and see janet scream looks good waiting for manchester.......................dates.....................

I get to see a lot of concerts for free so I've seen Janet 4 times. I think some of the complaints could be because the show was described as a Janet like you've never seen before and not about pyrotechnics and stuff. From the description, I expected something along the lines of an MTV unplugged show or a Prince concert. From the clips posted, it looks like the same Janet show just on a smaller scale. For her fans, especially those who've never seen her, they should appreciate the show.

The choreographer's comments were shady. They seem to validate some things from gossip columns and Leonard Rowe's book. At one point he says that she cancelled because she was sick. Then he says stuff was going on behind the scenes and sponsors pulled the plug from lack of support. Artists cancel shows all the time, if your in demand, the sponsors will be there (see Lauren Hill and her touring problems). Also, he seems to believe that the only way Janet can launch a big scale show isif she has a hit song and cd. I don't understand this belief. Madonna consistently sells out arena's with very high ticket prices and cd sales peak is far behind her. People go to see artists who haven't released music in years, let alone had a current hit (Tina Turner, Rolling Stones, Prince, Eagles, etc...). Fans cannot be blamed for not showing up or expected to support anything thrown at them.

From the videos it appears to be the same show just with less flash. oh well it is what it is. Hopefully she will be able to do what she has planned

Right, that is enough in here. If you're not here to discuss the shows then don't bother posting as from here on they will just be deleted. I get it, a lot of us here don't like Janet/have ill feelings towards her because of things she's said after MJ's passing. I feel the same. But, that doesn't mean we should allow it to be bought up in all threads. It doesn't continue in this thread, and that is the end of it.

Carry on discussing the shows and all things related.

babykinsilk05;3232457 said:
From Janet's Choreographer

Dear fans,

Of course after the opening I was expecting lots of opinions. The initial talks of an up close and personal tour was janet’s feeling to how she did radio city music hall. She enjoyed herself being up close and in intimate settings and wanted to bring it to the fans. So this is why she is on this tour.

Why spend money on new everything when u have a show up and running and its an intimate setting? Its to celebrate her and her number one songs. Well why is it the same set list? I’m not a musician nor do I hear what her or the musical director is hearing. These songs seem to bleed and blend into each other. I’ve suggested some changes but yet again, I’m not a musician. Certain songs just work with each other. So if there were to be changes in future, then it will be added on to the set list where it fits well. Only a musician can understand that, yet we sit here and complain about a set list they heard…. I’m sorry….if there wasn’t a set list , there would be no concert.

Janet is on a good streak right now. Everything looks great. All she needs is prayers to make it through and do all shows, not grumbling cause ur not getting what you want. Have u taken to account what happened last tour? She got sick. Why not prayers instead of grumbling. Let her prove to the nay sayers that she is back, not sick and won’t get sick ever again and fulfill her duties. You don’t know what it takes to get something like this together. Be glad that faith is back from people in the touring world to put this up, because after those cancellations, u never know if they would trust her to tour again. So STOP it now! Let her ride this amazing ride, get in back with good graces, and then when she drops her album, then we r trusted in every way to give u the show u want! A big big show in every way. But because of last tour, I could see how the big heads r skeptical….”Will she make it through this year of performing ? Cancellations? Well **** yall, pray for her. Support her. And love on her that we r on tour. A second chance. So that once all is done and dates fulfilled all across the world, then we have even more to do a big big tour. But of course, need an album and hits, then big tour….do u not ever see the big picture? I may not be what u want a choreographer to be or at times, maybe not approachable as u like me to be but this is me. This is how I am with my friends. But I’ve been here by her side through a lot a shit. She is in the good. She is on a great ride. Press, life, happy love. Things negative r dying down. Its all a process. But yet ur not satisfied and not thinking about the bigger picture and what was done in the past that we have to do certain things to do what we want in future or to make yall more happy. Relax and all I ask is u appreciate that she’s on tour, go support her and love on her in every city, and pray for her. With all this negativity is not gonna get u or her anywhere. Seriously. Think about the past, think where she’s at now and pray as she makes this world tour of number ones and expect big things in the future cause she fulfilled her commitments.

Yes I’m sure- I’m a dick for blocking people who got something to say. Just don’t come at me with some nonsense if u haven’t thought big picture or u don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. Just appreciate and love on her at this time. She needs all of us and prayers, be glad she on tour and expect a bigger one after album drops. But this is what it is now. Her hits her up close and personal, no glitz and glam, just us enjoying her music. I don’t care what the hell I’m wearing on stage cause I love her and I really love her music. I enjoy performing it.

Get another perspective is all I ask and think bigger picture. Please. I may seem like a dick all the time cause I’m constantly trying to defend her. U weren’t there on the inside to know the struggle to be where she is at now. Some may thought she may never have another chance to tour again after last one and or even dumb ass super bowl. But we are here! And doing it. And proving we r here and not going away.
R u on this train with us? If not , then seriously get a refund. My girl does not need negative energy in that intimate of a setting

Much love- gil

Quick Question...

Why is it that Gil say's Janet "needs" this "up close and personal" tour to prove to sponsors/tptb that she is still revelant enough to sell albums/A MAJOR tour (next time) because of, as he stated, the superbowl fiasco and the cancelation of her last tour? while MJ, who stopped touring completley for over a decade and got hit with the trial, still came back doing the 02?

Hmmmmmmmm :thinking:

babykinsilk05;3232457 said:
Doesn't make sense to me.

For me too. :fear:

12227997.jpg

167890_189938551025190_100000271401468_625612_6084345_n.jpg

Last edited:
Because she hadn't been relevant in years. Her record label dumped her in 2008 & she hasn't been able find another label...but June 25th 2009 was a blessing for her. She gave MJ-centric interviews and ...just like that, MJ's death made the media forgot she was persona non grata mere months before MJ passed.

So, drug addict or not, she can deny her dead brother brought her a much needed career boost

:lol: her record label didn't 'dump' her you would know that if you read the news, all of them said Janet parted with them, and she's said in interviews last year that all the major label's have offered her recording contracts, and if Janet's not been relevant in years why has she had more than 10 number ones in the past decade ??

This stops now. If you haven't got anything to say about Janet's tour and are just here to criticise Janet your post will be deleted.

Back