Janet’s Rock Witchu Tour [All threads merged]

Janet Jackson cancels European tour after label bails

Janet Jackson canceled her European tour after, she claims, Island Def Jam failed to put the proper promotion into the tour. The North American leg of the tour, beginning on September 10th in Vancouver, will go on as planned.
"I'm trying to figure out a way to say this, but just to say it and to be quite honest, they just stopped all promotion whatsoever on the album, so I don't think you're going to hear another single off this album," Jackson told SOHH.com.
For their part, her label claims that they are in the business of album promotion, not tour promotion. Translation = "We get money from album sales, not tour sales" which is a very short sighted philosophy in my opinion as a good tour pumps up album sales.

It's a shame that they don't seem to want to put any type of effort into promoting Janet, as the promotion for "Discipline" was lacking as well. I think it's one of Janet's better pieces of work.

http://www.curlio.com

Last edited:
really? Somebody sent it to me yesterday. So she's coming to europe then?

I am so confused about this concert.
Is she touring Europe or not?
WILL SHE BE COMING TO AUSTRALIA?

grrrrrrrr

she said that she will be coming to europe. she hasnt announced any european dates yet though

Re: Janet’s Rock Witchu Tour [All threads merged]

really? Somebody sent it to me yesterday. So she's coming to europe then?
The story is not old, but the quote that they used is old. I think the story is probably a fabrication. We already knew that def jam was not active in promoting the tour, so why are they being quoted now as part of the problem?:(

It seems she's coming to Europe. I found that news on janet-online.com, I guess we just have to wait for the updates. :)

16 Jun 2008 - Janet to tour worldwide after all!

Janet has recorded a message on SayNow.com stating that she WILL take the Rockwitchu Tour worldwide including Europe. Apparently she just finished her first week of tour rehearsals which are going great accoding to Janet. She also reminded her fans not to believe everything they hear.

yeah I heard on the radio shes coming here to Indiana here in November..

New Tour Date Added For Rock Witchu Tour

15 Jul 2008

ticketmaster.com and livenation.com have just added an additional tour date for the highly anticipated Rock Witchu Tour. Janet will be performing in Uncasville, CT at the Mohegan Sun Arena on 11th of October 2008. Tickets will go on sale 19th of July 2008 10:00 am EDT.

source: janet online

So still no Arizona dates??? :(

here is tour dates i found

Presale for Mohegan Sun starts Thursday, July 17!2008-07-16 18:25:06
We are pleased to announce Janet Jackson's 2008 Rock Witchu Tour!

Janet Jackson Rock Witchu Tour fan club members who are eligible will have the opportunity to purchase presale tickets for Janet's 2008 Rock Witchu Tour; the next presale will start on Thursday, July 17 @ 10AM (local time), when the following concert will go on presale:

- Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena on 10/11/08

Not a member? CLICK HERE for more information.

In order to access ticket presales, please log into you member account first, and then click on the "Get Tickets" link (located in the "Fan Club Tickets" column) next to the show of your choice and follow the simple instructions.

To purchase or learn more about the VIP Packages, click on the link labeled "Available" (located in the "Special Packages" column) next to the show of your choice and follow the instructions.

Please CLICK HERE and carefully read the pre-sale instructions.

North America
All times are local unless otherwise notedDate City State Country Venue Public Tickets Fan Club Tickets Special Packages
Sep 10, 2008 Vancouver BC CA GM Place Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Sep 13, 2008 Oakland CA US Oracle Arena Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Sep 17, 2008 Los Angeles CA US Staples Center Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Sep 19, 2008 Las Vegas NV US Mandalay Bay Events Center Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Sep 20, 2008 San Diego CA US Sports Arena Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Sep 25, 2008 Chicago IL US Allstate Arena Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Sep 27, 2008 Detroit MI US Palace of Auburn Hills Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Sep 28, 2008 Toronto ON CA Air Canada Centre Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Sep 29, 2008 Montreal QC CA Bell Centre Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Oct 01, 2008 Boston MA US TD Banknorth Garden Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Oct 02, 2008 Philadelphia PA US Wachovia Center Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Oct 04, 2008 Greensboro NC US Greensboro Coliseum Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Oct 05, 2008 Atlanta GA US Philips Arena Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Oct 07, 2008 Fort Lauderdale FL US BankAtlantic Center Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Oct 11, 2008 Uncasville CT US Mohegan Sun Arena Coming Soon Coming Soon Coming Soon
Oct 15, 2008 Washington DC US Verizon Center Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Oct 17, 2008 East Rutherford NJ US Izod Center Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Oct 21, 2008 Houston TX US Toyota Center Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Oct 22, 2008 Dallas TX US American Airlines Center Buy Tickets Presale Ended Available
Help | Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use

this is website i found it on :yes:
https://tickets.janetfanclub.com/

rockstar I tried to PM you about the IBS you have but you don't have the feature for ppl to send you PM's.

You may can go the Janet concert after all. Most importantly your overall well being.

I have more research to do on IBS, but check out www.drnatura.com. I have used this and it works.

What about Europe??

rockstar I tried to PM you about the IBS you have but you don't have the feature for ppl to send you PM's.

You may can go the Janet concert after all. Most importantly your overall well being.

I have more research to do on IBS, but check out www.drnatura.com. I have used this and it works.

hey
thanks for your help :flowers:

i just pms you o.k :)

Rockstar please allow pms. I still can't pm you. I got you message though and here's my reply.

So if you fixed the IBS problem are you saying that you still would NOT go to Janest's concert because nobody will go with you?

Even still I think that there is away to fix or at least help your IBS problem. The first thing you need to do is cleans your colon (intestines). That can be a big factor in why you have IBS. Also read some of the testimonies on the site.

I have more research to do to find NATURAL foods and herbs to cure IBS. Even if you miss janets you want to be ready just incase michael has one. Cannot miss that. Alright sweetie:better:

alright thank Mikejoefan :flowers: you're so sweet that you're helping me out to go and see janet jackson in concert thank you for your help sweet :hugs:

ooh how come the pms is not working :no: ooh see what i can do :yes: :)

Me soooooooooo HAPPY!! Just got my tickets TODAY!!! Ready to party wit JANET!!!

See ya when you get to Oak-town, Gurrrrrrl!!! :flowers:

Last edited:
Drummer Lil John Roberts to go on Rock Witchu Tour

Thursday, July 31, 2008

073108a.jpg

Lil John Roberts, fiance of R&B star Jill Scott, has been confirmed as being the drummer for Janet's Rock Witchu Tour.

In a new interview with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Scott revealed that her fiance is currently in rehearsals with Janet:

"Yes, I am engaged," she coos again, referring to her intended, Lil John Roberts (with her, above). "And there's a wedding to be planned. Life is really good for me now, and we are enjoying each other."

"No there isn't a date set yet. We can't. He's out rehearsing for the tour with Janet [Jackson]...But I'd do it tomorrow if I could. And I know he would, But you know, we want a wedding. I never had one. He's never had one. And we want to be around family and friends and really do it - because this is it!"

Roberts previously toured with Janet as the drummer on the 1998-99 Velvet Rope Tour.

(Video link to his drum solo on that tour)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEB6OljqSvg

source: janet-xone

Last edited:
But is there concert dates and details for Oz yet please?

Back