Janet’s Rock Witchu Tour [All threads merged]

elusive, i was so nervous after the attacks and i thought she'd scrap the tour all together. apparently it was more of a risk to go to europe than to japan
tickets hadnt sold in europe but had in japan. that was the bottom end of it.if u are scared you dont take on a journey thats twice aslong as another

what's funny is as much smack as they talk about the tour, she grossed the 11th highest this yr....so figures speak louder than words

Re: Janet’s Rock Witchu Tour [All threads merged]

you can't keep a good Jackson down. i'm not hearing about this in the front and center media, but it's clear that Janet is having a successful tour. apart from the rest of the industry, the Jacksons don't need radio to do well.

wow...those pics look like little Janet from the pics when they appeared on that variety show. is she singing black cat? lol...it is hard to believe this woman is in her forties....

well everyone thought she was lying about being sick and she was being forced to cancel shows b/c of lax ticket sales. i mean, she didn't do too bad but it sux that she won't do the dates she promised to re-schedule

Live Nation reports additional boxscores to Billboard

Live Nation this week reported to Billboard Magazine the boxscores for an additional four shows of the Rock Witchu Tour in DC, East Rutherford, Houston, and Dallas.

Live Nation has not yet reported the boxscores for San Diego, Toronto, Atlanta, Kansas City, Tulsa, Detroit and New York City.

The new reported information, which is published in the issue for the week ending November 15, 2008, is as follows:

Artist: Janet Jackson, LL Cool J
Venue: Verizon Center
City/State: Washington, DC
Event Date: Oct. 15, 2008
Gross Sales: $1,077,846
Attend/Capacity: 9,720 / 10,389
Shows/Sellouts: 1 / 0
Prices: $129.75, $49.75

Artist: Janet Jackson, LL Cool J
Venue: Izod Center
City/State: East Rutherford, NJ
Event Date: Oct. 17, 2008
Gross Sales: $883,472
Attend/Capacity: 10,865 / 14,247
Prices: $365.76, $12

Artist: Janet Jackson, LL Cool J, DJ Playboy
Venue: Toyota Center
City/State: Houston, TX
Event Date: Oct. 21, 2008
Gross Sales: $548,039
Attend/Capacity: 7,090 / 7,470
Prices: $124.75, $49.75

Artist: Janet Jackson, LL Cool J, DJ Playboy
Venue: American Airlines Center
City/State: Dallas, TX
Event Date: Oct. 22, 2008
Gross Sales: $532,393
Attend/Capacity: 7,729 / 11,640
Prices: $124.75, $49.75

u know the fans r pissed at live nation. they charged a $15.50 service fee that's non refundable and for the cancelled shows it looks like they made over 200k per venue so she didn't even have to perform and they made $1.2M off of it.......

lawsuits brewing

Well, Janet couldn't help that she was sick... it just came around. That's how it is when you got the dates so close together. On another note, what is she doing now???

i heard that she is due on Larry Kings show next week. Hopefully there will be some explination then. Some are saying she is pregnant and she did say in an interview to a magazine that she is ready for motherhood ;)

Mmm, I know they're were rumours, but I doubt it somehow... then again, it would explain some things.

On a serious note,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Why must everyone get pregnant? Pregnancy ruins lives!

Well she just released the dates for the Japan leg of the tour. Now many of you can shut the hell up

Feb 14 & 15: Saitama - Saitama Super Arena
Feb 17: Osaka - Osaka-j� Hall
Feb 19: Nagoya - Gaishihoru
Feb 22: Fukuoka - Marine Messe Fukuoka

www.janet-xone.com

I saw the MSG show on Nov 1st. I was so pooped that night I didn't have it in me to write my review. Still don't, lol. All I can say is... BEST CONCERT EVER.

IT WAS BETTER THAN THE VELVET ROPE TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sigh* I'm never gonna get to see Janet. God damn it!

Wow.. that sucks! I didn't even think she was going to tour to tell you the truth. But she really owes her fans big time. I love Jan to death but over the past few years she hasn't been Janet. Shes been actin really shady. She didn't promote her tour at ALL. She promoted the album but not much. It was only obvious that the tour wasn't going to run it's course. It just sucks for all the fans out there who really wanted to see her. I doubt she's going to do anything else.

Janet is (together with Jermaine) in Dubai to celebrate the opening of a big new hotel at the moment.

And I heard they want to start all over again with the lawsuit against CBS because of nipplegate...The world goes mad.

Janet & JD in Dubai

83769818.jpg

56229473dasurs11212008103011am.jpg

83768066.jpg

56228355dasurs11212008103300am.jpg

More Pics of the night

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-U...

Wow, nipplegate STILL hasn't ended?

22 Nov 2008 - FCC appeals Superbowl case to Supreme Court

According to Associated Press the Federal Communications Commission has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review the indecency case over Janet Jackson's performance at the 2004 Super Bowl.

The FCC this week appealed a ruling by the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Philadelphia, saying that court was wrong to throw out the case and a $550,000 fine against CBS Corp. in July.

The appellate court cited the FCC practice of not considering objectionable images indecent if they are "fleeting."

In Jackson's halftime show at the 2004 Super Bowl, which spawned the case, she briefly flashed a breast as she performed with Justin Timberlake.

The FCC said the court incorrectly applied a rule — since changed — regarding expletives that required a profanity be repeated before it is deemed indecent. The FCC contends the rule didn't apply to images.

Reaction to the appeal was swift from the Media Access Project, which filed a friend-of-the-court brief with the appellate court on behalf of a group of TV writers, directors and producers.

"The impact of the FCC's decision on the creative process is very profound," said the group's chief executive, Andrew Jay Schwartzman. "The FCC's decisions in this area have made it very difficult for creative artists to exercise their craft."

At the time, broadcasters did not employ a video delay for live events, a practice that changed within a week of the game.

The FCC also has an appeal pending before the U.S. Supreme Court in a New York case involving profanity uttered by Cher during a December 2002 music awards show and by Nicole Richie during a December 2003 awards show, both carried on Fox stations.

The agency has asked the court to rule in that earlier case before taking on the Jackson incident.

I think having a delay for live events is a good idea. What happened with Janet and Justin may have been an accident, but it sure didnt seem like it..i wish she didnt do that. :doh:

I saw Janet in Dallas for the tour....and it was PHENOMIAL. Breathtaking...i was 10th row front n center..and there was a pathway she used to walk and dance around the front section...when she was directly behind us she was about 10 ft away! it seemed like she was closer. and when she just sucked up the love and was like "aww I love you guys!" left me starstruck...it was amazing! I didnt realise until the concert that a thing her and her fans do is make a heart with their hands to eachother..it was so cute. i did it at one point and she looked in my direction and smiled..i hope she looked at me :p

to those who didnt get to see her, I really hope you get to next time. and she seems to love touring..so im sure she will again ^_^ I want Michael and Janet to do a tour together...that would be amazing :wild:

^^^I agree! She's beautiful! :)

New JD Video- Janet At Madison Square Garden

01 Dec 2008

JD has posted a new video on his YouTube page of Janet at her Madison Square Garden show. In the video there are some nice shots of fans dancing.

Back