Jermaine Jackson Wants Critics To Forgive Chris Brown [For Abusing Rihanna]

No one is saying CB did not loose control. But as I said on this topic before, women as well need to be held accountable for their actions. You don't purposely push a man to edge, especially if you know he has abuse issues, and then hide behind the fact that you are a woman and you cannot hit me.

You cannot say I will hit you, scream at you and loose control myself, but you must be superhuman. What CB did was very wrong. But Rihanna was wrong as well. Where is her personal repsonsibility. Where is her classes for learning to control her anger. Where is the anger at her lack of remorse. Where is her responsibility.

I don't care if no one agrees with me. I hold to my opinion. Rihanna lost control as well. She was simply matched up to someone who was much stronger than she was. They were in a long term relationship and Rihanna knew which buttons to push and she PURPOSELY pushed him to get him riled up. They were BOTH wrong.

I grew up in an abusive household. i would see my father lash out and hit my mother. but I would also see my mother do things on purpose to get under his skin. I hate that. It makes me sick.

And it is sad because she has been give a free pass she will probably not address her own issues and the part she played. And she is going to take her same abusive attitude to the rest of her relationships. I am not talking about women who are with men who blame them for everything and even if the woman does not do anything, they will say they were made to hit them. This is not this situation.

Not a fan, never been, but I believe everyone needs a second chance. I hope he learned from his mistakes.

No one is saying CB did not loose control. But as I said on this topic before, women as well need to be held accountable for their actions. You don't purposely push a man to edge, especially if you know he has abuse issues, and then hide behind the fact that you are a woman and you cannot hit me.

You cannot say I will hit you, scream at you and loose control myself, but you must be superhuman. What CB did was very wrong. But Rihanna was wrong as well. Where is her personal repsonsibility. Where is her classes for learning to control her anger. Where is the anger at her lack of remorse. Where is her responsibility.

I don't care if no one agrees with me. I hold to my opinion. Rihanna lost control as well. She was simply matched up to someone who was much stronger than she was. They were in a long term relationship and Rihanna knew which buttons to push and she PURPOSELY pushed him to get him riled up. They were BOTH wrong.

I grew up in an abusive household. i would see my father lash out and hit my mother. but I would also see my mother do things on purpose to get under his skin. I hate that. It makes me sick.

And it is sad because she has been give a free pass she will probably not address her own issues and the part she played. And she is going to take her same abusive attitude to the rest of her relationships. I am not talking about women who are with men who blame them for everything and even if the woman does not do anything, they will say they were made to hit them. This is not this situation.
I agree with you 100%. As a woman, I am not going to ever take up for a man beating up a woman. HOWEVER, I'm not going to sugar-coat the fact that some women purposely provoke fights with their men. They have a history and a bad habit of not controlling THEMSELVES, not controlling their ANGER. They lash out by throwing objects meant to physically hurt the man, getting all up in his face, pushing up on him when he's trying to avoid her, slapping him, punching him and using THAT fiery tongue, saying spiteful things to push him over the edge. All of those actions are geared to provoke....and it's not only mean-spirited; but also risky and dangerous because it the woman in the position of being seriously injured (or even killed) if that man losing control of HIMself, goes off on her because of reaching his limit with her. Then the man (who's not normally abusive) gets the police called on him and then his life is over after that. When the law gets into it, IT's OVER for the man. Even if the woman regrets what she did and doesn't want to press charges, that's not going to stop the man from getting into trouble with the law. Why? Because there are women out here who are REAL victims of domestic violence and their lives are threatened constantly and the atmosphere now is to 'err on the side of caution'. Police and the courts are no longer taking any chances when it comes to domestic violence because for decades many women have died at the hands of abusive men. That's why I get extremly angry with women who play games like that. They will cause a normally decent man to catch a case on account of her. Those types are nothing but trouble and men need to leave them alone, same as when a woman sees abusive tendencies in a man she's interested in....leave him alone.

If I had a son and I found out his girlfriend or wife was hitting him, she wouldn't have to worry about him beating her up, I would do it.

one thing I'll say..double standard..white men don't get as much shit like Brown had for the same reasons,they should all be punished alike...
Who are you referring to here? I didn't know there was a double standard.
It has nothing to do with Chris Brown's race..it has everything to do with what he did to Rihanna's face. It was pretty horrifying.

I have 2 things to say on this:

1.) Hitting anyone is wrong. Abusing your partner/mate is wrong; not just if you are a male; but that goes for women also. SELF CONTROL. ANGER MANAGEMENT. Goes for both sides.

and 2.) He that is without sin, cast the first stone.

I completely agree with everything you wrote.

I'm not trying to make u change your mind we are just having a discussion which i think it's pretty interesting...maybe i didn't clarify enough,I'm not making differences between genders...so yes women are no different then men in this matter.

I understand your point and I think you are right to a degree,but still,as I see it,a provocation doesn't justify an act of violence.Your personal experience to which i can relate unfortunatly doesn't reflect necessarily what happened that night...
Again if my 12 yo brother or kid punched me and broke my nose and say set my car on fire, no matter how much I'd like to kill him or turn his face into a pulp,I'd never do it for real,I'd never hit him like CB hit another person,I'd never punch him repeatedly or return him the same amount of pain he caused me just because it's his fault and started it....
I'd never hit someone who's not able to defend himself from me.
As a pretty strong and athletic girl I'd never hit another girl who's clearly weaker then me even if she provokes me or hurt me,it happened for example during a concert,we were literally fighting to stay in the front raw and this girl behind(def taller then me) started to punch me to get my place,it really hurt and i was out of my mind but I just lifted her and pushed her beyond the barrier ruining her concert....I didn't smashed her face even if I could and even if she was such a b*** and "deserved" it,even if my "rule" of "I'm bigger then you so i can't touch you" here didn't apply because she was actually bigger then me....there's always an alternative...sure is...i hope they both learned something from it..they must have.....
the main point of this thread and my interventions here was that i find it out of place when someone asks you to forgive someone else for something you are not involved first hand...if CB punched the shit of of pregnant Halima I don't think I should be in a position to say "hay Jermaine,forgive him and let him play at MJ tribute because he deserves another chance,he's a good kid",maybe Jermaine is that kind of guy who would forgive such an act,but it's not my place to invite him to,it's out of place...but again...this is just me.

Who are you referring to here? I didn't know there was a double standard.
It has nothing to do with Chris Brown's race..it has everything to do with what he did to Rihanna's face. It was pretty horrifying.

Axl Rose beat up his ex-wife but his career was not ruined at all,Chalie Sheen(sorry spelling) the actor..he seems like he's not receiving the same amount of shit CB is.....this is OT but cheaters like Larry king and Letterman are not receiving the same treatment like Tiger Woods is.
Not to mention Woody Allen or better Roman Polanski...MJ was crucified for something he didn't do,and Polanski got petitions to be set free for something he was found guilty of;raping a 14 yo kid while she was drugged up.
Anyway my point was not to defend CB,I just noticed this double standard and I think they all should be treated alike.

Very well said.. I agree with you.

Axl Rose beat up his ex-wife but his career was not ruined at all,Chalie Sheen(sorry spelling) the actor..he seems like he's not receiving the same amount of shit CB is.....this is OT but cheaters like Larry king and Letterman are not receiving the same treatment like Tiger Woods is.
Not to mention Woody Allen or better Roman Polanski...MJ was crucified for something he didn't do,and Polanski got petitions to be set free for something he was found guilty of;raping a 14 yo kid while she was drugged up.
Anyway my point was not to defend CB,I just noticed this double standard and I think they all should be treated alike.

That is actually very true. I never thought of it that way. They should definitely be all treated alike. I guess the thing with Chris Brown is that Rihanna and he were both very high profile and it was shocking for people.
I never even know Axl Rose beat up his wife..that's how right you are. :bugeyed

The Rihanna/Chris Brown thing is just a hopeless situation. I'll admit to feeling a bit sorry for him. He's such a young man setting out on life, he's talented, and his career and reputation is pretty much in tatters. His behaviour can never ever be excused, and it's so horrible what Rihanna endured, but to witness the way people condemn him would make you think that those people are perfect and have never made a mistake.

That is actually very true. I never thought of it that way. They should definitely be all treated alike. I guess the thing with Chris Brown is that Rihanna and he were both very high profile and it was shocking for people.
I never even know Axl Rose beat up his wife..that's how right you are. :bugeyed

The Rihanna/Chris Brown thing is just a hopeless situation. I'll admit to feeling a bit sorry for him. He's such a young man setting out on life, he's talented, and his career and reputation is pretty much in tatters. His behaviour can never ever be excused, and it's so horrible what Rihanna endured, but to witness the way people condemn him would make you think that those people are perfect and have never made a mistake.

yes I understand CB position and even if i don't like him as an artist he had an interesting and promising career ahead...very very sad,for both of them.

also i think seeing the actual picture that leaked made a big difference,especially in a time where as soon as it hits the web it's gonna stay there forever....every time i check a random gossip-fashion blog or forum,when something about CB or Rihanna is posted you can be sure that picture pops up and it's a shame for both...

Axl Rose for example was very lucky because he never had to defend his image anyway,he had already a "bad guy" reputation,besides there are no images available and at that time there were no blogs accessible from every corner of the world in real time...it was all limited to printed media and probably that gave everyone the material time to heal from problems or redeem themselves without a constant pressure or exposition.

u know i hate playing the race card but this has to do with race a lot IMHO

u know i hate playing the race card but this has to do with race a lot IMHO

yeah,me either,I'm not obsessed with race issues but the list could go on....from Elvis forgotten racism (“The only thing niggers can do for me is buy my records and shine my shoes.”) and odd relationship with Priscilla while she was still a teen to Jerry Lee Lewis who married his 13 yo first cousin...Led Zeppelin crazy underaged groupies stories from(they even made a movie to celebrate that, I think it was Almost Famous)..but they are all "cool".
MJ had to censor "Jew me" in TDCAU because considered wrongly anti semitic and offensive...while anti semitic homophobic misogynist LOL he's everything and more! Mel Gibson is allowed to make movies about Jesus after calling out jews,blacks and women and some other minorities.
Yeah it's pretty evident maybe it's not always like this but a double standard it's undeniable at least in these examples here...

^ I don't get why nooooooo one ever mentions Elvis's weird tendencies towards teenage girls. And the fact he wouldn't sleep with Priscilla after she had LM. Weird.

I know we have gone off topic but this is really interesting. Michael having to censor "Jew me" was just ridiculous. One listen to the song and you know what he means by it.

I am very sensitive about these kind of things....because my father was beating my mother and he said million times he would change. He never did..if you let him hit you once and forgive him..he will hit you again. Trust me. Some can change, but maybe one in a million.
I could not care less about Chris Brown, but I hate it because he used Michael"s song to play the victim here. bs
What he did to her face...he would be in jail for that, if you ask me.

there is no excuse for what Brown did. Abusers don't change- they just get smarter.

FINALLY someone with some rationale and reasoning! Well said. And Rihannas advice to young women after this is "just know one day you'll wake up and be fine"...That's so absurd. It's a bit sad too because its clear she has not gotten help. Chris is getting the counseling he needs while shes continuing on without getting the proper help. Its correct what you said about taking her abusive attitude to other relationships. Chris is paying his dues while correcting it now while hes young. I mean, Rihanna has said she bashed her little brother over the head with a glass bottle before, he was sent to the hospital and she was laughing about it! Somethings terribly wrong there. I think theyre both good people, but both have some anger problems. Both witnessed domestic violence when they were young which may also have something to do with it. I'm proud of Chris for manning up, accepting reponsibility, and doing everything in his power to heal himself. I hope Rihanna has the courage one day to do the same so she can be truely happy. Bottomline, I wish them both the best.

Shocked at the sympathy for this Brown fella. If Rihanna was my daughter, let just say Brown would be incapable of doing it again.

how can chris redeem himself if he isnt given the chance? what he did was truly horrific and he shouldnt have put his hands on a woman in that manner but i believe he is sincere in his numerous apologies and if he's getting the help he needs,why shouldnt he be given another chance?

how can chris redeem himself if he isnt given the chance? what he did was truly horrific and he shouldnt have put his hands on a woman in that manner but i believe he is sincere in his numerous apologies and if he's getting the help he needs,why shouldnt he be given another chance?
if thats how u feel good for u, but ppl are free to decidem themselves if they want to give him a chance or not, nobody can dictate someone to give him a chance period.

Back