Jermaine Jackson’s Management Announce Comeback On Day Of Michael Jackson’s Funeral

if he does this i'll boycott it, and totally go against it. If anything, prince, paris, and blanket are the ONLY ONES i see who should be allowed to sing Michaels songs in the future it they want too. They are probably the only one's who for sure michael would have allowed to sing his songs or Maybe michael would have himself would have probably written a song for them to sing. Those kids will never take advantage of their father. but jermaine man, this is WAY too much

I agree with you in every way....also I believe that Jermaine should not be trying to make a comeback at this point in time. why didn't he do this before Michael's death??? It is just all so sad....IMHO Jermaine is talented.....but...he has always been trying to ride Michael's coat tales. There was only ONE Michael and none no matter how hard they try will ever take his place....:cry:

I really think no matter how hard jermaine tries to make a "comeback"..he will never happen for him. Im sorry but that is just IMO

I have NO idea. For some of us, "Word to the Badd" remains one of the most cruel verbal attacks around, and THAT from a family member? Michael was Michael, and Jermaine is Jermaine. They are NOT the same person. I feel no alliegance to Jermaine just because of his last name! His behavior has been very, very bad since Michael died. And it continues. . . . .
I was thinking about that song when he was up singing "Smile" at the memorial. I don't know why but my mind went to the negative things I remembered some family members did to Michael during the memorial (Randy pushing Michael during the 30th Anniversary show :()

And I'm still trying to figure out what Jermaine is making a comeback from...

It's possible that Jermaine thinks that Michael's fan-base will automatically shift over to him? I highly doubt that will happen. . . . . He's probably going to figure that out pretty soon, I'd say?

Jermaine is dreaming. The fact that most people didn't know about the announcement on the day of MJ' funeral but a couple days later shows that nobody cares about him, it wasn't mentioned along with the funeral.

Anyone remember this old article that shows jermaine shadyness?

It's Randy vs. Jermaine in the Jackson Wars
By Roger Friedman
Click the image to open in full size.

Jermaine Jackson must feel pretty stupid right now. For the last couple of weeks he's been in Bahrain on some kind of religious pilgrimage.
In that time, his younger brother Randy moved in on brother Michael, taking advantage of Jermaine's absence. Randy replaced Michael's lawyers and advisers, dismissed the Nation of Islam, and usurped Jermaine's power in the King of Pop's court.
Of course, Jermaine did the same thing back in December, when he took advantage of Dieter Wiesner's trip to Germany. That's when Jermaine brought in the Nation of Islam, tossed out Wiesner and partner Ronald Konitzer and cut off all access to Jackson.
Jermaine introduced Michael to Leonard Muhammad, the son-in-law of Louis Farrakhan, who wound up sitting at the head table at the famous "summit" meeting in late December of all Jackson advisers.
Now Muhammad has been forced out by Randy and his own counsel, Brian Oxman, a soft-spoken California lawyer who helped Randy through his own legal troubles once upon a time.
Oxman knows the lay of the land between Randy and Jermaine. He was there when Jermaine conducted a hostile takeover of Randy's wife and children, humiliating the younger brother.
Now Randy has gotten his revenge, so to speak. And Jermaine, who has had a rocky relationship with Michael in the past, is out.
If I were Randy Jackson, I wouldn't leave Michael's side now. As one of Michael's advisers put it yesterday: "You have to be there all the time, 24/7. I'm totally convinced that Michael has no memory of the last thing that was said to him. It's that bad."
So much for the happy family of singing, dancing boys who had all those hits in the 1970s. They are now at each other's throats most of the time, vying for access to whatever money Michael has left.
The rise of Randy Jackson means yet another change in the current legal mess. Oxman's friend Thomas Mesereau replaces Mark Geragos and Benjamin Brafman as lead attorney in the case. Oxman himself has been heard telling people he's Michael Jackson's "civil attorney," although Michael has a battery of people who already claim that calling.
What happened to Muhammad and the Nation of Islam? How did Michael finally rid himself of this insidious problem?
I'd like to say there was some moral outrage or big awakening on Jackson's part. But the real story is this: Michael was apparently dissatisfied with all the time Geragos was spending on the Scott Peterson case.
In the time since the NOI became involved with the Jacksons, Geragos — who was afraid of them initially — had apparently become quite chummy with Leonard. Michael, I am told, had come to identify the NOI with Geragos. When it was time for him to go, Leonard went with him.
Now I am told that Muhammad is not leaving without compensation. He is headed from Chicago to Los Angeles even as I write this to try to work out some kind of arrangement whereby he can try to close some of the business deals he was developing concerning Michael.
But otherwise, the NOI is gone, for now, from the world of Michael Jackson.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,118360,00.html

i know many people won't agree with me when I say this and that's fine, but I have give Jermaine my full support. I am a fan of Michael and as well a fan of the entire family. I miss Michael a great deal, so much, but I think Michael would be proud of his brother and I will do nothing less than give him my full support. He's (Jermaine) not trying to take anything away from his brother and frankly, I think the world of entertainers know they will never be able to touch the magic Michael posessed as an artists. But, he has always been doing music, even starting before Michael. I wish him the BEST.

For those of you who don't agree, don't think bad of me - I LOVE MICHAEL and will always. I'm just doing what I feel is right and as well doing what I'm sure Michael is doing - supporting his big bro, who he loved A LOT.

i know many people won't agree with me when I say this and that's fine, but I have give Jermaine my full support. I am a fan of Michael and as well a fan of the entire family. I miss Michael a great deal, so much, but I think Michael would be proud of his brother and I will do nothing less than give him my full support. He's (Jermaine) not trying to take anything away from his brother and frankly, I think the world of entertainers know they will never be able to touch the magic Michael posessed as an artists. But, he has always been doing music, even starting before Michael. I wish him the BEST.

For those of you who don't agree, don't think bad of me - I LOVE MICHAEL and will always. I'm just doing what I feel is right and as well doing what I'm sure Michael is doing - supporting his big bro, who he loved A LOT.

and I say always doing music because even though he hasn't released in a very long time, I know quite well he's created music behind the scenes.

Alright, I'm through with defending Jermaine. I wonder if he thinks Michael kept him down and perceived him as stealing his spotlight and Michael's helping the family more as a ploy to make sure Jermaine does nothing with his career?

If that is the case, Jermaine needs to get his head checked. I'm not watching the reality show nor am I buying what Jermaine puts out. I hope he doesn't even pass off MJ's unreleased material as his own.

I feel for Katherine, the children, Janet and anyone who really cared for Michael but I don't care for the opportunists and crocodile tears. Jermaine really had me fooled at first.

I'm quite ok with Jermaine doing his thing too - just the timing and the attempts at honoring his brother seem very contrived.

I support Jermaine, I would go if I could. Maybe he was working on this for some months before MJ passed, getting signed under new management. Also Jermaine has always been speaking out whenever MJ was receiving negative coverage. Jermaine spoke in 1993 along with Tito for Mike after people were wondering why he fainted on stage. Jermaine spoke several times on Larry King during the trials on several occasions. Maybe Larry King hooked up Jermaine to his management. Jermaine has done two reality shows in the past so maybe he was trying to get something out then, most celebrities do it when they want to get people's attention again. Since the Jackson 5 can't go on tour like the reality show was trying to end with(MJ passing), maybe the brother canned that idea and Jermaine is just gonna try to do it solo in Vegas. I will say this, Jermaine's management was not smart on announcing he was performing again on the day of the burial. The only reason people are writing about Jermaine going solo is getting headlines is so they can trash talk Jermaine, which at the same time is getting the word out for people to talk about it.

I support Jermaine, I would go if I could. Maybe he was working on this for some months before MJ passed, getting signed under new management... I will say this, Jermaine's management was not smart on announcing he was performing again on the day of the burial. The only reason people are writing about Jermaine going solo is getting headlines is so they can trash talk Jermaine, which at the same time is getting the word out for people to talk about it.

:yes:

BTW, this was written as satire... :doh:

I agree :yes:

I was thinking about that song when he was up singing "Smile" at the memorial. I don't know why but my mind went to the negative things I remembered some family members did to Michael during the memorial (Randy pushing Michael during the 30th Anniversary show :()

:lol: I'm sorry but I don't understand why some fans read too much into things. You do know that "mini argument on stage" was rehearsed right? If you watch the Jacksons and Jackson 5 stage performances there is always at least one song that they "pretend" to have a disagreement on stage.

I support Jermaine, I would go if I could. Maybe he was working on this for some months before MJ passed, getting signed under new management. Also Jermaine has always been speaking out whenever MJ was receiving negative coverage. Jermaine spoke in 1993 along with Tito for Mike after people were wondering why he fainted on stage. Jermaine spoke several times on Larry King during the trials on several occasions. Maybe Larry King hooked up Jermaine to his management. Jermaine has done two reality shows in the past so maybe he was trying to get something out then, most celebrities do it when they want to get people's attention again. Since the Jackson 5 can't go on tour like the reality show was trying to end with(MJ passing), maybe the brother canned that idea and Jermaine is just gonna try to do it solo in Vegas. I will say this, Jermaine's management was not smart on announcing he was performing again on the day of the burial. The only reason people are writing about Jermaine going solo is getting headlines is so they can trash talk Jermaine, which at the same time is getting the word out for people to talk about it.

:yes: I aggree with everything in this post

and i just wanted to add that too many ppl on this board are so willing to jump on the Jermaine hate band wagon. No matter what he does they will interpret negativley. Ppl tend to ignore whatever good Jermaine has done just because of "that song", a certain book written by a disgruntled ex and the fact that he married Randy's ex. Any decision made after those incidents they interpret to suit their negative image of him. They hold grudges, which imo is not very healthy.

Last edited:

Ditto!

lmfao :hysterical: yea really? he never made it THAT big. Not like Janet and less like Michael.

alright, i'll give Jermaine a chance, but if he constantly uses Michael's death like "oh, this one is for my brother" over and over again we are going to have a problem because then he is just using his name. And also, if he records any of Michael's old songs or unreleased songs we are going to have an even greater problem and Jermaine has lost my respect entirely.

I am reserving my right to be doubtful until I do see the list of promised "Worlds leading artists" for the 16SEP09 tribute show of his..
no offence but Sulejman Mirza who copied that iconic Billie Jean photo approved for poster release by the Estate is not exactly my category of "Worlds leading artist"
so I am eagerly awaiting the list of performers...today 7th September bit short of 3 weeks away from this event...

and I wishing all the best to Jermaine's future projects but I am afraid he is going to have a though time to convience me to open my wallett..only for projects approved by the Estate I am willing to fork out..

Okay I have nothing personal against Jermaine, but I think if Michael wouldn't have died would he have done a comeback too then and would Latoya have brought out this videoclip for the song Home... maybe, maybe not.
I think Jermaine sees this as a great opportunity now that Michael isn't here anymore, and I'm not saying that Jermaine doesn't mourn about Michael but I'm not okay with the fact they are all doing this now Michael passed! :angry:

and promised 1 billion TV viewers. But no family members agreed to participate.

^^^
Does he have oxygen on his planet? I know I will not watch - this thing is going to be more boring than I can even fathom.

Jermaine plans to release a (charity?) single in septembre and the producer of that masterpiece is constantly talking BS in German tv shows...he calls himself "a friend of the Jackson family" although he talks about Michael as if he is a piece of dirt.

He is so using Michael. Something is not right. I'm not saying this since Michael died, I've thought this since he was in Big Brother here in the UK. I always feel like he's jealous of Michael deep deep down. I know Jermaine puts on this very sweet, calm, gentle front but I think he has a much darker side. He seems very insincere to me.

I listened to work 2 the bad. UNBELIEVEABLE.

Michael is so selfless and the last bit "you are still a child but you say you're a man" or something... that was a "OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!" moment!

Michael was more of a man than what most men could EVER be!

Back