Jermaine Writing Book On Life With MJ *Book To Be Released Sept 13*

Jermaine Jackson ?@jermjackson5
Tabloid newspapers = mass market. I want to debunk all lies/myths about Michael to biggest audience. Avoiding tabloids is not the answer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing is that Jermaine has been in the show business so long and he definitely knows how it works.
It is not that he wants to clear Michael's name,defend him, or debunk lies. He wants himself on tabloids, exposure for himself, thats all. Somebody posted here a rare Marlon Jackson interview http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/122064-Rare-Marlon-Jackson-Interview-1987. Listen to it from 10:40 onwards.
"As long as they are talking about my family, I'm happy. When they stop talking about my family, thats when I get scared, regards it is good news or bad news, as long as they are talking about you."

That says it all what some of the Jackson are made of, Jermaine lives for reading his garbage on tabloids.

I remember when taser incident broke out, he was walking with one of his son (might have been Jafaar)eating ice-cream and TMZ staff approached him asking questions about it. TMZ posted some sort of story, not flattering to him or his son.
He later said in twitter saying "since when TMZ get anything right".(or something similar, can't remember word to word)
He knows damn well that tabloids are not the answer, but its about getting himself on papers.

Jermaine Jackson ?@jermjackson5
Tabloid newspapers = mass market. I want to debunk all lies/myths about Michael to biggest audience. Avoiding tabloids is not the answer

I actually don't mind jermaine talking to anyone they can in the media (obviously within reason!) to get the truth out about mj, but he doesn't bother arming himself with the facts and arguments to make a good case. The british leg of his book promotional tour last year was really poor - he was v inarticulate. He needs to spend some of that tabloid money he makes on media lessons and practising some answers to the inevitable questions re mj. I do not want to hear about mj fleeing justice in a jet plane, or about jordan chandler coming out and saying he was lying - he does more harm than good.

Well the general public who probably only heard news reports of the trial were kind of misled. What I saw on the streaming video from the courtroom was drastically different than the news reports from my local news stations who pretty much made it seem like Murray's team was destroying Walgren's case.

But the people who are likely to read this chapter are not the "general public". It's probably people that already have an interest in the case and are already more informed about the case that will be curious.
Whether Jermaine's intent is geniune or not he's been around long enough to know that the press will spin the story however it suits them. Nothing will change because of this new "expert". Dr Shafer and Judge Walgren did an outstanding job during the trial.

I agree. Personally, I think Jermaine needs to remember what happened the last time he talked to tabloids when he was promoting his book. The haters came out everywhere claiming that what he said was some kind of proof that Michael was guilty of the accusations against him. And then Jermaine complained about being misquoted when fans voiced their concern to him on Twitter. What sensible reason would he have to talk to the tabloids again when he knows how they do business? They have not stopped talking trash about Michael just because he's dead. Look at the latest tabloid situation with the guy who claims to be Blanket's father. Does Jermaine really think they're going to suddenly want to hear or publish the "truth" as he calls it when they interview him without implying yet again that Michael was at fault for his own death? I don't believe Jermaine.

Last edited:
"As long as they are talking about my family, I'm happy. When they stop talking about my family, thats when I get scared, regards it is good news or bad news, as long as they are talking about you."
OH PLEASE! That's some real dumb crap to say! So is Marlon happy when they call his lil bro a pedo then? Does it not matter as long as they talking...? o_O I'm sorry but, all press ain't always good. MJ suffered alot with the B.S many said about him. When his fam realize this then maybe they will get a freakin clue. But, I ain't holdin my breath.

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Jermaine.... :sigh:
emoticons_487_0484.gif

Jermaine's p/b book was published in the uk and the extra chapter apparently contains a report from an unused expert from the murray trial to show mj wasn't an addict when he died.

You Are Not Alone ?@MJNotAlone

(At the Murray trial) "few in the media wanted to accept that (#MJ) only turned to Propofol in desperation to fix insomnia," writes Jermaine.
"so their default position was to adopt Murray's defence argument: insomnia is a side-effect of Demerol. It was speculative. It was untrue".
( This expert) "produced an exhaustive report to combat any and all arguments that suggested Michael was 'addicted' to Demerol OR Propofol"
Jermaine introduces THAT report, and that unused witness, in the paperback of #youarenotalonemichael. Out June 21st in UK #MJFam #MJ

It would be helpful if he could photocopy it for members of his family first.

Jermaine's p/b book was published in the uk and the extra chapter apparently contains a report from an unused expert from the murray trial to show mj wasn't an addict when he died.

It would be helpful if he could photocopy it for members of his family first.

That would help loads since almost all of them have gone on TV calling him an addict.

Hey, haven't posted in here in a while :)

Is there a way to read this book online? I can't find it on Jetzi and Google only has the Italian version. I'm kinda curious about the book but I don't think it's worth spending $15 (or whatever the price is right now) on it. Would be great if someone could help me :)

Is there a way to read this book online? I can't find it on Jetzi and Google only has the Italian version. I'm kinda curious about the book but I don't think it's worth spending $15 (or whatever the price is right now) on it. Would be great if someone could help me :)

15 dollars is incredibly cheap for a book, and in my opinion it's worth every cent. :)

Search for used books on Amazon.com
Many sellers there ship internationally.

LindavG;3663234 said:

If you are patient, Jetzi will upload it in time, but if you cannot wait, you can get it from Amazon used books for as cheap as £0.45
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...?ie=UTF8&qid=1340976354&sr=8-1&condition=used

Jermaine's book has gotten great reviews on Amazon. I'm not a big fan of his but I'm tempted to pick the book up.

It's a very good book, that's all I'm going to say. Not exactly an all-inclusive portrait of Michael, but it does explain some things about Michael's youth and the chapters on the trial and Michael's last months are heartbreaking. I gained a lot of respect for Jermaine after reading this.

Victory22;3708079 said:
Jermaine is a pathological liar where Michael is concerned and a known hater so I’ll pass on his trashy book unless I can read his BS for free.

Agree. Just because he writes what fans want to hear, doesn't mean he knows and tells the truth. Jermaine's truth is where is the money.

He wrote what the fans *don't* want to hear. Read the last chapter and you'll see.

Jermaine is a pathological liar where Michael is concerned and a known hater.

Co-sign!

Jermaine's answers vary, depending who he is speaking to at the moment.

And he can now add "MOMMY NAPPER" to his list of accomplishments.

I wonder if they will recreate that whole episode for their new Broadway musical. LOL!

MJelboo;3708139 said:
He wrote what the fans *don't* want to hear. Read the last chapter and you'll see.

Why would I read his last chapter if I don't want to hear it? I don’t want to read Diane Diamond and Conrad Murray spreading lies and slander against Michael and in my opinion there is not much that differentiates Jermaine Jackson from these haters.

Jesus, what is it with you people? Bubs said Jermaine writes what the fans want to hear (a post that you incidentally awarded with a thanks), I said that's what he didn't do, and then you attack me for it.

If you haven't read the book you have no reason to condemn it, it's that simple. The book is very respectful towards Michael and harshly judges the people around him that ruined his life.

Nothing in that book makes Michael look bad. But what it does, is explain a little bit more what happened in his final months, and that just doesn't sound all too pretty.

Nothing in that book makes Michael look bad. But what it does, is explain a little bit more what happened in his final months, and that just doesn't sound all too pretty.

No offense, but how in the heck does Jermaine Jackson know what happened in the "final" months of Michael's life?

I don't believe he was around Michael at the time. Probably never even been to Michael's crib on Carolwood. Probably never attended any of the shows rehearsals. All Jermaine has is second, and third hand reports from this one, that one, and the other one.

The only time Jermaine may have been around Michael, was at the parent's fake anniversary dinner. That's when EVERYBODY was saying how good Michael looked and how happy Michael was.

The united Jackson's are very fake, in my opinion.

MJelboo;3708231 said:
Jesus, what is it with you people? Bubs said Jermaine writes what the fans want to hear (a post that you incidentally awarded with a thanks), I said that's what he didn't do, and then you attack me for it.

If you haven't read the book you have no reason to condemn it, it's that simple. The book is very respectful towards Michael and harshly judges the people around him that ruined his life.

I thanked Bubs because he/she rightfully pointed out the FACT that Jermaine is an opportunist who flip flops and whores himself to MJ’s fan base for monetary gain on the subject of Michael. Jermaine has not been respectful toward Michael since the days of “Word To The Bad “and I am not fooled when he tries to sell himself as the backbone and MJ’s staunchest defender. That’s all I’m saying. Not attacking just telling it like it is.

I need to clarify that what I meant by Jermaine writing what fans want to hear/read.
Jermaine writes all goodie book about Michael, how badly he was treated here and there, how family was the only one Michael could trust, bla bla blaa. Unfortunately I have seen it in his twitter how HIS fans thank him for writing such a book that it was an eye opener and so on.

Jetzi had Jermaine's book on her/his site for a while, I nearly managed to read it full before it was removed from there, I missed about 2 or 3 chapters so basically know what he was on about. In my honest opinion, Jermaine is full of crap. What he wrote in his book, it could have been written by anyone, not even family member. I have read things that he wrote about from news papers, fan sites etc, so it is not like he was writing from heart or even "through brothers eyes". Of course some fans that are not following much about personal side of MJ and his family, wouldn't know these things that Jermaine writes about, and they will be delighted by his book, but not me and that is what I meant by he writes what fans want to hear. There was very little that is not known already, and a lot of things Jermaine invented for fans delight. Just my opinion.

Yes, but is it a disrespectful book? Is it harmful in any way? What exactly is the problem with it if it does not damage Michael's reputation?

Seperate the book from the person who wrote it, in the same way reviewers need to separate Michael's music from his private life. The book itself is positive and defends Michael. I pass no judgment on Jermaine himself, because I don't know him.

Yes, but is it a disrespectful book? Is it harmful in any way? What exactly is the problem with it if it does not damage Michael's reputation?

Seperate the book from the person who wrote it, in the same way reviewers need to separate Michael's music from his private life. The book itself is positive and defends Michael. I pass no judgment on Jermaine himself, because I don't know him.

The problem is you don't know if and when he is telling the truth.

Further to Bubs' points - Jermaine wrote a book with Stacy Brown in which he, Jermaine, spoke very badly of Michael (drug-addicted, child molesting freak) and now we get a different version of the story from the said same Jermaine. So which version do we believe?

Back