Joe Jackson hospitalized after reportedly suffering a stroke on his 87th birthday (link included)

Most reports have been from local Brazilian media (in Portuguese). They have reported the family prefers not to update the media on Joe's condition. The floor Joe is being cared for is restricted from onlookers, etc. Janet and Randy's daughter, Stevanna are with Joe.

By the way, his birthday party continued without him. Local celebrities were in attendance.

Good! You never know if someone disturbed might try to get to him or if some tabloid crony might try to snap some pics to sell... :bugeyed :wtf:

Good! You never know if someone disturbed might try to get to him or if some tabloid crony might try to snap some pics to sell... :bugeyed :wtf:

Agreed. There is a report of a MJ fan who went to the hospital where Joe is and attempted to give Joe a letter and a gift - an action figure of Michael. The report does not state if the letter and gift was given to Joe or not.

I will post this article here and in Janet's subforum

Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal In Brazil While Visiting Ailing Father
JULY 30, 2015

Janet Jackson is still very much in "control."

Despite reports that the superstar had put rehearsals for her upcoming tour on hold after her father's stroke on July 27, Access Hollywood has learned exclusively that the "No Sleeep" singer has remained hard at work while he recovers.

According to inside sources, Janet brought "key personnel" to Brazil, where Joe is currently hospitalized, so she can continue prepping for her highly anticipated appearance at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in September as well as her upcoming tour. Sources say she is rehearsing after visiting hours at the hospital are over.

Her "Unbreakable" world tour kicks off Aug. 31 in Vancouver. Last week, Janet released a new music video for her current single “No Sleeep,” which is climbing the charts.

Insiders tell Access that Janet is in Brazil with her niece Stevena (brother Randy’s daughter), and will likely return to Los Angeles once her brother Randy and sister Rebbie arrive in Brazil to tend to Joe. We’re told they are already en route and Janet could be back in the States as early as Aug. 3.

The sources added that Joe "is on the mend."

-- Erin Biglow
http://www.accesshollywood.com/jane...ile-visiting-ailing-fathernbsp_article_110636

I'll just mention a quote my father told me on several occasions.. It's shows a window of the thought process a harsh father, his intention, and what his belief a father supposed to be..

"I don't care if you hate me, as long as you're successful because of it"

Fathers like this have the feeling.. (I'll take the bullet of hate, for your success).. Many fathers (especially old school ones) did not understand that they are to show love, compassion, and softness to children.. That (to them and that generation) was a sign of weakness. (That was the mothers job) they would THINK..

It's WRONG, but as many people are, they are a product of what they are taught.. STOP CRYING/BE A MAN/FIGHT.... That's the way it was and some more than others.. It wasn't a political correct society as it is now.. "give me your tablet and think about what you did."

DIFFERENT WORLDS!!

Yes Joseph has done many bad things, and I'm sure his pride does not allow himself to accept it fully.. But in the end of the day he intended to get his family out of poverty and drugs and he did that... That shows drive and love for his family..

I wish Joe soon recovery and all the best.

But I would like to add one thing to the conversation.

To be successful is not the same as to be happy. Yes, I can understand the logic, but to appreciate or respect this, it is another story.

Just saw on Yahoo News that Joseph is out of intensive care and being moved to a room.
Source is US Weekly but can't post article.
They mentioned Randy and Rebbie being there.

barbee0715;4102022 said:
Just saw on Yahoo News that Joseph is out of intensive care and being moved to a room.
Source is US Weekly but can't post article.
They mentioned Randy and Rebbie being there.

Joe Jackson "Out of Intensive Care" After Stroke, Heart Problems on 87th Birthday
JUL. 31, 2015 BY ESTHER LEE AND BRODY BROWN

Joe Jackson is out of intensive care after suffering a stroke on his 87th birthday, a source tells Us Weekly.

According to the insider, the Jackson family patriarch, whose kids include Janet Jackson and the late Michael Jackson, has been transferred to a regular room at the Albert Einstein Sao Paulo hospital in Brazil. The source says Jackson is regaining his motor skills and starting to walk with assistance. Doctors believe he will be able to enjoy full regular meals once he regains energy.

Following his hospital stay, the insider says Jackson will fly back home with his famous daughter Janet via her private jet. The family, including his children Randy and Rebbie, currently have plans to leave together. He will then be transferred to a hospital in L.A.

As previously reported, the Jackson family patriarch suffered a serious health scare in Sao Paolo on his 87th birthday. "Yesterday in Sao Paolo, Joe had a stroke and then his heart stopped," his publicist told Us Weekly on Monday. "He was at an event and he was feeling light-headed and dizzy... They found out there was something wrong with his eye. There was an artery that burst behind it."

While doctors ran some tests, a complication arose. His publicist said that Joe's heart stopped for 10 seconds before he was revived. "He had one stroke and then his heart stopped three times," the publicist told Us. "I don’t know if they’re calling that a heart attack, but officially they said one stroke and his heart stopped three times."

Joe penned a statement on his website following the scary moment. In it, he thanked his fans, family, friends, and doctors. "God willing, I should be able to make a quick recovery and travel back home soon. Thank you all once again for your prayers and support," he wrote at the time.

Still, his publicist said recovery would take time. "So far he’s doing okay, but he’s not out of the woods yet," the rep told Us this week.

This isn't the first time the head of the Jackson family has suffered a stroke. He's suffered three previously, including one in November 2012.
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...sive-care-after-stroke-heart-problems-2015317

I hope and pray Mr. Jackson, the imperfect father of no one on this board, and who Michael Jackson said he loved and admired and who is responsible for the existence of any Jackson fans, will pull through this and every challenge with flying colors.

I hope and pray Mr. Jackson, the imperfect father of no one on this board, and who Michael Jackson said he loved and admired and who is responsible for the existence of any Jackson fans, will pull through this and every challenge with flying colors.

:punk: :yes:

To be successful is not the same as to be happy. Yes, I can understand the logic, but to appreciate or respect this, it is another story.

I understand, however; happiness is a personal endeavor. A parent and/or caregiver can teach a child to be successful. They cannot teach a child how to pursue their personal ideal of happiness.

SnowWhiteluvsPeterPan, apologies; however, I do not participate in discussions where the only purpose is to express distaste for a Jackson(s). I only wanted to comment on parenting and achieving personal happiness.

^^any news or updates on his condition?

The only thing I could find was this update on Reuters, stating he had been released from the Albert Einstein Hospital in Brazil.

Link:http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/03/people-joejackson-idUSL1N10E1US20150803

| Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:53pm EDT Related: Cyclical Consumer Goods
[h=1]Joe Jackson, father of Michael and Janet, out of Brazil hospital[/h] SAO PAULO

Aug 3 Joe Jackson, patriarch of the Jackson family of musical performers, was discharged on Monday from the Sao Paulo hospital where he had been treated following a stroke.
Jackson, who came to Brazil to celebrate his 87th birthday, was diagnosed with a stroke associated with cardiac arrhythmia on July 27, the Albert Einstein hospital said last week.
A press representative for the hospital said on Monday that Jackson's health had improved enough to warrant his release.
Joe was estranged from Michael - who was one of the world's most successful and best-known performers - before the pop star's 2009 death. He also strayed apart from his wife, Katherine, and many of his other eight children.
(Reporting by Asher Levine; Editing by Alan Crosby)

BUSINESS
Joe Jackson, father of Michael and Janet, out of Brazil hospital
Tue, Aug 04 01:26 AM IST

getNewsImages

SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Joe Jackson, patriarch of the Jackson family of musical performers, was discharged on Monday from the Sao Paulo hospital where he had been treated following a stroke.

Jackson, who came to Brazil to celebrate his 87th birthday, was diagnosed with a stroke associated with cardiac arrhythmia on July 27, the Albert Einstein hospital said last week.
A press representative for the hospital said on Monday that Jackson's health had improved enough to warrant his release.

Joe was estranged from Michael - who was one of the world's most successful and best-known performers - before the pop star's 2009 death. He also strayed apart from his wife, Katherine, and many of his other eight children.
(Reporting by Asher Levine; Editing by Alan Crosby)

http://www.searchnu.com/406

Not surprising Reuters would state this. It is not true.

Not surprising Reuters would state this. It is not true.

Interesting also that they needed two people to write this 5 lines masterpiece of "reporting" - one to write and the other to edit the piece. Thankfully, the rest of their stories on other issues are done professionally. Plus, I'll always gratefully remember the HIStory review so very many years ago. I'll always remember and appreciate that one.

Returning to the essence of the thread now........glad to hear the good news about Michael's father :)

Interesting also that they needed two people to write this 5 lines masterpiece of "reporting" - one to write and the other to edit the piece.

I noticed this as well. As you said, we know now Joe is on the mend and that is good news indeed.

Tygger;4102431 said:
I understand, however; happiness is a personal endeavor. A parent and/or caregiver can teach a child to be successful. They cannot teach a child how to pursue their personal ideal of happiness.

I do not really know if I should answer … Yes, you are right, parents cannot teach a child to be happy, they are just can make their child happy.

I do not give success any importance at all if it “costs” a thing to a child.

Update: http://www.usnews.com/news/entertai...musical-jackson-family-leaves-brazil-hospital

<header style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 17.2339992523193px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Joe Jackson, patriarch of musical Jackson family, out Brazil hospital after stroke treatment

Associated Press<time itemprop="datePublished" datetime="2015-08-04" class="t-small item drawer_marginTop" style="line-height: 1.5; display: block; float: left; margin-top: 8px; margin-left: 20px; padding-left: 20px; border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid; border-left-color: rgb(221, 221, 221);">Aug. 4, 2015 | 5:56 p.m. EDT</time>+ More

</header>

SAO PAULO (AP) &#8212; Joe Jackson, the father of the late Michael Jackson and patriarch of the musical family, has been discharged from the Brazilian hospital where he was treated after he had a stroke in late July while visiting Brazil.
The Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo said Tuesday that the 87-year-old Jackson was discharged Monday. The hospital gave no further details.
Paulo Andre Silva is a partner at Nexxing, the company that invited Jackson to Brazil. He says Jackson is resting in a Sao Paulo apartment and is expected to return to the United States on Saturday. His daughter Janet and his son Jermaine are with him.
Jackson was in Brazil to celebrate his 87th birthday. He was diagnosed with a stroke associated with cardiac arrhythmia and hospitalized on July 26.

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

ackson Family Hospitalized in Brazil
Inform
[COLOR=#DDDDDD !important]

<footer data-swiftype-index="false" style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 17.2339992523193px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></footer>

<footer data-swiftype-index="false" style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 17.2339992523193px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></footer>

Lawyered up for Media outlet

By Angel Howansky on August 7, 2015

Cover-Joe-Katherine-2015.jpg

Thanks to all the fans, friends and love of my family. I truly appreciate your kind messages of love and support. The malicious rumours currently being spread by specific media outlets about what caused my health issue have been brought to my attention. Over my lifetime I have generally simply ignored the press stories whether good or bad. However coming off a health crisis, which I am currently recuperating from, an example has to be made. My legal counsel will be in touch with many of them soon, and it will prove to be a very costly price for sensational journalism.

http://www.jwjackson.com/lawyered-up-for-media-outlet/

I don't blame him for suing. It's a cheap shot at best to assume he may have brought about the stroke. He's 87, ffs! If he has diabetes or high blood pressure, those conditions could cause strokes.

I'm just so grateful Mr. Jackson is pulling through that episode. Feels as though God was listening to my prayers. Thank you God.

It's so strange where we are at in time man.....

an 87 year old Joseph Jackson has a stroke, and we are reading news articles about it mentioning "The late Michael Jackson's father." How surreal...

Time is a crazy thing!! It flies, and so many unexpected things can happen within it...

It's so strange where we are at in time man.....

an 87 year old Joseph Jackson has a stroke, and we are reading news articles about it mentioning "The late Michael Jackson's father." How surreal...

Most surreal.......

Time is a crazy thing!! It flies, and so many unexpected things can happen within it...

You can definitely say that again. Your words actually reminded me of something I had written back in early June 2013. So many and so very unexpected things can and do happen.........Time is a crazy thing and not necessarily a little one either *feelin' in a Queen mood all of a sudden*

Back