Joseph Fiennes To Play MJ In 9/11 Programme

Re: Joseph Fiennes is to play Michael Jackson...

All signs suggest that this is the Michael Jackson movie we have been waiting for since day 1.

I would like to sample the narcotics of whoever it is that has assaulted us with his artistic intentions.
Oh god no!

*Big sigh of exasperation* How would you even make a movie about this? But I suppose there are worse things.

Well, he did not eventually.

And I think it's different too. In a world where black actors are still so underrepresented, especially in leading roles, a white actor playing one of the greatest black icons sends out the wrong message.

Yes it does.

*Big sigh of exasperation* How would you even make a movie about this? But I suppose there are worse things.
Somebody made a movie in the 1990s based on an old rumor about John Lennon & Brian Epstein
acv3s.jpg

In a world where black actors are still so underrepresented, especially in leading roles, a white actor playing one of the greatest black icons sends out the wrong message.

Unfortunately there are still a large amount of the public that consider Mike a white man and Hollywood (regardless of their heaps and praise for Mike) are often fence sitters who find it comical to mock him on the subject.

^^It does send out the wrong message, but so do things like Flex Alexander wearing "white face" in my opinion. The whole thing becomes a mockery.
Maybe I'm prejudiced bc the MITM movie was a travesty.

Didn't Frank Cascio say the road trip thing was bullshit and never happened? o_O

Trash alert... -_-

Last edited:

I hope that they don't use this to trash Michael, Liz or Brando's legacy smh. They should have just went with an impersonator, not this guy who looks nothing like him. I just hope that Fiennes acts somewhat like MJ.

Good gracious, don't even remind me xD, that whole movie felt like a bad SNL sketch.

very random!!!

Damn... They need to watch Straight Outta Compton and learn how to make a movie/drama serie. The characters played by the actors looked really like NWA. Even Tupac (!!) looked and sounded like him!!!

Unfortunately there are still a large amount of the public that consider Mike a white man and Hollywood (regardless of their heaps and praise for Mike) are often fence sitters who find it comical to mock him on the subject.
I had Dish Nation on today and they even joked about it-pretty tiring. Especially from a black radio station. I expect more.

I had Dish Nation on today and they even joked about it-pretty tiring. Especially from a black radio station. I expect more.

Dish Nation is syndicated through Fox Network..No wonder.

Dish Nation is syndicated through Fox Network..No wonder.
I guess. :(. I always found Fox quite contradictory. While their Fox "News" is quite right wing, conservative and racist, their TV Network is pretty progressive, liberal and daring. The 'Simpsons' started there and 'In Living Color.'
As a matter of fact, I remember driving 60 miles to see the premiere of 'Black or White' on Fox because I didn't have cable yet and network tv wasn't showing it.
Strange.

This is a problem when you have black actors having difficulty playing real black people in history, this is Hollywood's standard, racial appropriation black history. This is a complete joke and I hope the Jacksons go ape shite over this. Would they let a black man play Alfred Hitchcock?

Here's a word of advice to Hollywood when making future MJ movies/TV shows.........DON'T BOTHER! His image and legacy are as tainted in the public eye as it it already.

This is a problem when you have black actors having difficulty playing real black people in history, this is Hollywood's standard, racial appropriation black history. This is a complete joke and I hope the Jacksons go ape shite over this. Would they let a black man play Alfred Hitchcock?

No, because Hitchcock never turned black in his life.
This is not about rascism, it's about skin pigmentation. Unless you find an afro american who lost all his skin pigmentation and has somewhat similar facial features like Michael, there will never be anyone who can play Michael Jackson. He was too unique in too many ways.

Last edited:
No, because Hitchcock never turned black in his life.
This is not about rascism, it's about skin pigmentation. Unless you find an afro american who lost all his skin pigmentation
They can get a really light skinned black person like Mariah Carey or the 1930s actress Fredi Washington as far as the skin color goes. I don't mean Mariah can play Mike, but a guy with her skin color. It is also rumored that Carol Channing's father is black, but she looks white. Back in the Jim Crow days there were blacks that passed for white. There were movies made about this like Pinky & Imitation Of Life. I don't think the actor has to look like a pale goth white person. Sidney Poitier played Thurgood Marshall in a movie and their tones are nothing alike.
poi0-005.jpg

There was also a black exotica pianist named Korla Pandit who went as an Indian (India, not Native American). I've gone to school with a few kids that had vitiligo, but not on 100% of their body. The spots didn't look like a white person's color, maybe slightly pinkish on some, or a little like a black albino on others.

This entire subject and discussion is ridiculous and offensive. It plays to the media hype that Mike wanted to be white, so picking a white man to play him is a slap in his face and black people as a whole. Contrary to misguided and bigoted belief, all black people don't wish to be white and don't find their blackness as something to abhor and/or want to be rid of.

Joseph Fiennes to play Michael Jackson in new comedy: report

1297797802901_ORIGINAL.jpg

Joseph Fiennes has confirmed he's the unlikely choice to play Michael Jackson in a new road trip comedy.

The Shakespeare in Love star will tackle the King of Pop in a new movie, about an imagined cross-country trip he took with Marlon Brando and Elizabeth Taylor from New York to Los Angeles following the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the Big Apple.

Myth has it that Jackson was so determined to get home following a tribute concert in New York, he hired a car to take him and his superstar friends back to California after all flights in and out of New York were grounded following the atrocities.

Fiennes tells WENN he has landed the Jackson role, opposite fellow Brit Brian Cox as Brando and Grease star Stockard Channing as Liz Taylor.

"I got the script the other day," he explains. "It's a challenge. It's a comedy. It doesn't poke mean fun but it's a story, possibly urban legend, whereby Michael, Marlon Brando, and Liz Taylor were all together the day before 9/11 doing a concert. Airspace was shut down and they couldn't get out and Michael had the bright idea to go to hire a car and drive.

"So the three of them got in a car and drove 500 miles to Los Angeles. It took them a while because they had to stop at a lot of Burger Kings for Marlon but they got out!

"It's a lovely thing about Michael's relationship with Liz Taylor and Marlon Brando. It's a fun, light-hearted tongue in cheek road trip of what celebrity of that kind is like. But also it's rather beautiful and poignant about their relationships as well."

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/25/joseph-fiennes-to-play-michael-jackson-in-new-movie

:scratch:

Well, after the new Daniel Radcliffe movie that premiered at Sundance I am not surprised at anything they put on the screen any more.

It doesn't poke mean fun

Different people seem to have different ideas of what 'mean fun' might look / sound like...I hope this is true.

Different people seem to have different ideas of what 'mean fun' might look / sound like...I hope this is true.

If they insult Brando, I have no doubt they will do the same to MJ and Elisabeth.
"t took them a while because they had to stop at a lot of Burger Kings for Marlon but they got out!"

Well, after the new Daniel Radcliffe movie that premiered at Sundance I am not surprised at anything they put on the screen any more.

I really wanna see that movie. It sounds so weird and fun. The people who walked out at Sundance are obviously too boojie

All I ever heard about MJ in connection to 9/11, was that he had a business meeting in one of the towers that morning. Instead, he stayed up the night before, speaking on the phone with his mother Katherine. As a result, he slept in, and learned of the attacks with everyone else.

Well, it's trending on Facebook big time now and the articles/comments aren't "lighthearted fun". I've already posted a PSA to my friends that they'll be fired if they tag me or post that shit on my timeline.

I saw it trending on Twitter and most people weren't happy about it at all. I thought it was satire when I first saw it, now I'm just p*ssed.
They're not mocking Michael are they?

My newsfeed just exploded with articles about it since he confirmed his casting with People mag yesterday. I still think the original story is satire, but it's probably even worse now because of the Oscar ruckus.
I need to go over and read what's being said.

Oh, and yesterday he said it was a sweet story but you can tell it's a mockery if they have Brando having to stop at a KFC every couple of miles. All 3 of them have been mocked for years.

Back