Juliens Auction Dec 2 - The Collection of Tompkins & Bush /Update Controversy surrounding autographs

Re: Juliens Auction Dec 2 - The Collection of Tompkins and Bush Auction

Yeah, why don't we just get rope and hang MB to the nearest tree, just like in old days in wild west when suspicion was enough reason to kill a man. Why don't we treat MB exactly the same as Michael was treated lat 20 years of his life. He was accused of something he didn't do, and was publicly humiliated and treated like a criminal, without having hard evidence. Not only that, but those accusations badly damaged Michael's reputation and his legacy, we might as well treat MB the same as Michael was.
It doesn't matter if we don't have all the evidence, other than suspicions.

I really don't like the way you are saying open our eyes and stop making excuses.
To me few suspicious signatures are not enough, I personally want more proof that signatures are fakes, other than somebody saying it in the internet, and I will not start participating in any mob mentality and screaming top of my lungs that MB is guilty before this signature thingy is properly investigated.

Note, Michael once said, "Please keep an open mind and let me have my day in court."
If we don't wait for more info regarding MB and signatures, we are no better than D Dimond and others that announced MJ guilty before his trial and they basically ruined his life with those accusations.
It is not even funny to think what some fans are willing to do and act in the name of Michael Jackson.

About the estate, they most likely know that there are fans that are getting ripped off every day one way or the other, but they are not in our disposal any time we need them. If they were, they would be the estate of Michael Jackson fans.
They are there to look after Michael's legacy and keep his estate afloat.

Ahhh, that is the issue, the open mind is what is missing here. No one suspects MLB. 300 signatures and a signed standee made after the passing of MJ is not enough to believe, nor inquire, nor ask for explanations, nor ask for investigations? So we stay quiet and do nothing but say we can't because we did not buy? We don't want to risk ruining a man's reputation? He has been asked and refuses to answer. Thr silence speaks volumes.

Ahhh, that is the issue, the open mind is what is missing here. No one suspects MLB. 300 signatures and a signed standee made after the passing of MJ is not enough to believe, nor inquire, nor ask for explanations, nor ask for investigations? So we stay quiet and do nothing but say we can't because we did not buy? We don't want to risk ruining a man's reputation? He has been asked and refuses to answer. Thr silence speaks volumes.

Once again
I really don't like the way you are saying open our eyes and stop making excuses.
To me few suspicious signatures are not enough, I personally want more proof that signatures are fakes, other than somebody saying it in the internet, and I will not start participating in any mob mentality and screaming top of my lungs that MB is guilty before this signature thingy is properly investigated.

Perhaps I should have added my previous post that investigation is important thing to do first, I said nothing about staying quiet and do nothing.
It has been posted here many times how to get this signature thing investigated in proper way. To me it is a good starting point, not going in the internet spreading possible false rumour of possible innocent man.

The silence speaks volumes?
If he was asked the same way than the some fans talks here, I don't blame him for not replying, it doesn't mean he is guilty.

You are exaggerating things, and blowing them out of proportions. No one said there shoudn't be any investigation, actually everyone here wants to know more, and most people here have suspicions.
No one wrote here that they wanted to stay quiet and do nothing. It's the opposite, everyone wants to do something.
The difference is what kind of proof is acceptable before you make public accusations and how you deal with the problem.

Last edited:

Michael did not write his N's and E's like this. But Michael Bush does.

Do you have any signatures of MLB that we can use for comparison..something with N"s and E's in it? I have searched and have not been able to find any. I want to compare those against these. Thank you. Again as I said "IF" this is for real then I need to see it for myself. Thanks.

ItsALLforLOVE;3749378 said:
The bias I see.

1. Why did you move this thread so fast to CONTROVERSY? This is CURRENT & RELEVANT NEWS. I guess you do not want it showing up on the main page because people that might not feel the same way as you might want to post here?

accusations against the website and the staff is the fastest way to get banned here. secondly this was a thread about the auction, the auction was over, the topic turned into a discussion about a controversy which makes the controversy section the appropriate section for it. Now you need some sort of confirmation : see how Richard worded his own post "Michael Lee Bush & Julien’s Auctions : la controverse" - yes controversy. So if it's not obvious let me state it : controversial topics go to controversy section, 1 plus 1 is 2, sky is blue.

2. Telling people here that they only way they can complain about this auction is if we bought something. INCORRECT. How many people on this site bought the book by Randall Sullivan? Very few I believe. But, if you notice a fraud, you report it and you report to law enforcement, the company, the parties involved. Why is this any different?

Let me rephrase you aren't entitled to damages unless you are bidder. You aren't a victim unless you are a bidder. And if you think for example Julien's will respond to non-buyers concerns well than I don't know what to say. Similarly you are exaggerating things. 465 items were sold, given that multiple bidders bought multiple stuff the number of people buying stuff is I would assume around 100 or so. The auction is over so this is not an ongoing fraud that's affecting a lot of people. So if you want to contact FBI do it, but don't expect them to do anything. Do you need an example: Fans believed they could send "victim impact" statements to Judge Pastor at Murray trial, the reality is that they couldn't and they weren't victims. So again to rephrase it : Legally you aren't a victim.

3. Telling people here that ESTATE is not involved or should not get involved. This is another way you are showing bias. The Estate, represented by John Branca wrote the forward in MLB's book and after fans were outraged at seeing clothing owned by the Estate AND clothing supposedly owned by MLB on the book signing tour across Europe, Japan and South America, Bush and the Estate issued a statement trying to calm people down to let them know that everything was not going to be auctioned now and pieces were to be given to the Estate now. The Estate should be questioned and their position should be explained, just like they did with the outrage over the clothing and the medical records.

Estate is not involved. and I never said "should not" get involved. I said given my experiences it's unlikely that they'll be involved. You also have to realize that book and the auction are two different things. Book was out long before the auction list were announced. It's premature to assume that Branca knew anything. It's similarly premature to expect the people who run the Estate one of which happens to be a lawyer to go around making accusations.

4. Telling people here that fake autographs do not hurt Michael Jackson's legacy. Allowing these fake autographs on to the market with an A-OK from Julien's and Michael Lee Bush and the Estate is not good for the future of MJ memorabilia and authentic Michael Jackson autographs.

first Estate did not A-ok the autographs. Branca wrote a foreword to a book and did not say anything about autographs. Second of all what does " future of MJ memorabilia and authentic Michael Jackson autographs." has anything to do with MJ Estate? Nothing

and a question what happened when you bought the fake autograph? Did you blame the Estate for not protecting you? Did you report it to the law enforcement? the FBI?

actually a second question : how is insulting and/or pushing people working for you? I said it generally backfires and doesn't bring what you want right?

so let me repeat again : I recommend to allow people to come to their own conclusions in their own terms and on their own time frame. For you this could be 150% obvious, someone else might require one more piece of evidence to believe it. Pushing people almost never works.

Yeah, why don't we just get rope and hang MB to the nearest tree, just like in old days in wild west when suspicion was enough reason to kill a man. Why don't we treat MB exactly the same as Michael was treated lat 20 years of his life. He was accused of something he didn't do, and was publicly humiliated and treated like a criminal, without having hard evidence. Not only that, but those accusations badly damaged Michael's reputation and his legacy, we might as well treat MB the same as Michael was.

Note, Michael once said, "Please keep an open mind and let me have my day in court."
If we don't wait for more info regarding MB and signatures, we are no better than D Dimond and others that announced MJ guilty before his trial and they basically ruined his life with those accusations.
It is not even funny to think what some fans are willing to do and act in the name of Michael Jackson.

About the estate, they most likely know that there are fans that are getting ripped off every day one way or the other, but they are not in our disposal any time we need them. If they were, they would be the estate of Michael Jackson fans.
They are there to look after Michael's legacy and keep his estate afloat.

Who said MLB was man of the year ?? People are just saying you should have hard unquestionnable proof -in the legal sense - before publicly accusing someone. There is a difference between suspicion and proof.
Then I saw people trying to understand how MLB got to do that, if he is the one who did it, and if the autographs are fake.

Murray killed someone, which is way more serious than fraud. Please don't compare.

Once again

Perhaps I should have added my previous post that investigation is important thing to do first, I said nothing about staying quiet and do nothing.
It has been posted here many times how to get this signature thing investigated in proper way. To me it is a good starting point, not going in the internet spreading possible false rumour of possible innocent man.

The silence speaks volumes?
If he was asked the same way than the some fans talks here, I don't blame him for not replying, it doesn't mean he is guilty.

You are exaggerating things, and blowing them out of proportions. No one said there shoudn't be any investigation, actually everyone here wants to know more, and most people here have suspicions.
No one wrote here that they wanted to stay quiet and do nothing. It's the opposite, everyone wants to do something.
The difference is what kind of proof is acceptable before you make public accusations and how you deal with the problem.

This, this , this , this !!!

I mentioned both publicly and in private that different people have different standards, morals and values that's guiding the way they act.

Accusing people with criminal actions are problematic for me - especially being a Michael Jackson fan and knowing how he has been accused in his life in a similar fashion and seeing how the media and the public believed such accusations without giving him the benefit of the doubt and his day in the court.

Some other examples you have been giving aren't comparable to this situation. Murray's crime is determined by the state of California when they charged him with involuntary man slaughter in a criminal court and he has been found guilty. Fans are angry to the contents of Sullivan's book but they aren't making any personal or criminal accusations.

You are also unfair with the wording such as people not having open minds and they don't want to investigate and so on. For example I wrote about the standee on this thread first, I called it interesting and strongest point, I even asked you to post the license information on the standee you bought so that I / we can compare it to the one on the auction to see whether it's same or different. So do you realize what that is? Yes it's an open mind and it's a personal investigation into the matter.

As I said for 3 times now, you need to give people the freedom to come to the conclusions on their own terms and on their own time frame. They might need one more piece of evidence before they form their opinion. They might feel this event got no impact on them and feel indifferent and so on. As I said again multiple times that the past experience showed me that pushing people, insulting people, acting like they are some sort of inferior people / fans almost never work.

I'm personally open to a respectful and logical discussion and I can listen, evaluate and incorporate what I learn from it. But I almost never listen when the opposing side turns into this angry and hateful person that's sending accusations, insults and acting all mighty and superior.

I agree with the above Ivy. Being a fan of Michael taught me never to judge anything on face value but to find out both sides of the story before I come to any conclusions. Too many people are judged before all the facts are known.

One more thing regarding Michael's legacy. Some posters keep saying that this will effect on Michael's legacy.
I said it before and I will say it again, Michael spent 45 years building his legacy and if you think that this is going to effect in any way to his legacy, you are dead wrong and probably have different view what legacy means than I have.
There has been and most likely will be all sort of fake things around while he was alive, and even more now that he is gone, but those things will not make one bit of difference to his legacy, it's worth of more than some auction stuff.

Do you have any signatures of MLB that we can use for comparison..something with N"s and E's in it? I have searched and have not been able to find any. I want to compare those against these. Thank you. Again as I said "IF" this is for real then I need to see it for myself. Thanks.

294sxvm.jpg

I have contacted Julien's, still no answer from them. And people say that the item I bought has a fake signature. :( I have a few signed items that I got directly from Michael when meeting him. They look similar, but then one I bought at Julien's is on a jacket so it's hard to tell, at least for me.
Since this did cost me a lot of money I felt I needed to sell the jacket. That is now impossible for me because of all this.

^^This is alarming. I would think that they would get right back to you saying they are looking into it, or they will get in touch with you. Remaining silent when you are a business and a customer is questioning the product is strange. One would expect that with such a well-known auction house they would be better in costumer service. You need to keep trying to contact them, because these items sold are not cheap, and that is not even the point. Every one deserves to get what the seller claims his article is.

Ivy that tweet you posted, is it saying that Michael gave Bush a lot of costumes to store for him because people were stealing them, and they were meant for a museum? Could you get Karen to have a discussion about this rather than this tiny tweet? It would be good to know if this happened over a period of years and if she was around when Michael said this, or was told this by Bush, or she just has a feeling that this is the case.

Last edited:

FYI - Apparently Bush is travelling, that could explain the non-response and the inactive FB page.

FYI - Apparently Bush is travelling, that could explain the non-response and the inactive FB page.

Hey Bush took his money and ran--just kidding but I could not resist.......

I have contacted Julien's, still no answer from them. And people say that the item I bought has a fake signature. :( I have a few signed items that I got directly from Michael when meeting him. They look similar, but then one I bought at Julien's is on a jacket so it's hard to tell, at least for me.
Since this did cost me a lot of money I felt I needed to sell the jacket. That is now impossible for me because of all this.

That is really poor customer service, they should at least acknowledge your email even if they can't answer your concern straight away. I really hope your email hasn't got buried amongst numerous fans emails, (those that haven't made a purchase).

It's fortunate timing that mjjc have a q and a with bush. I'm sure he'll be extremely anxious to clear up the issues relating to the standee and the signatures, and maybe confirm whether there was any truth to the bizarre story allegedly from julien of an overmedicated mj being videoed signing everythng at bush's house that wasn't nailed down.

It's fortunate timing that mjjc have a q and a with bush. I'm sure he'll be extremely anxious to clear up the issues relating to the standee and the signatures, and maybe confirm whether there was any truth to the bizarre story allegedly from julien of an overmedicated mj being videoed signing everythng at bush's house that wasn't nailed down.

I hope he does take the opportunity to address this issue. I'm just keeping an open mind until questions have been answered.

I see what your posting but I think you misunderstood my question...I know those are the signatures that are suppose to be Michael's from the auction I want to see a comparison to BUSH's signature..something we KNOW is Bush...maybe something HE signed to a fan. I want to compare HIS OWN NAME or letters that he may have written that may LOOK the same as the one he is saying is MJ signature. I hope this clarifies things. Thank you.

I think multiple buyers contacted them and they are maintaining that the autographs are authentic.

I know that but what claim do you expect them to make? It's a $30 standee that anyone can buy and sell to someone else. Just because one allegedly fake autograph is put on it, it doesn't affect the value or the income Triumph makes from the standees they are selling. I'm not clear about what kind of claim are we talking about?

Not a perfect analogy but : imagine that I buy a cheap $99 tablet and put it in an IPad box and sell it to someone for $599 saying it's a real IPad. Why would that scam be relevant to Apple / Ipad?

I think is a good analogy, selling a tablet as an ipad won't hurt Apple. My thoughts were directed (this is an example) as an item with a company logo being sold by someone which should contained an authentic signature of the creator of that company. Money wise may not be efficient to pursue in court, but morally it may be. Anyway, I still believe Bush doesn't have to say anything, but it'll be nice for him to say something about it.

There's no need to get to those extremes. What happened to Michael was pure hell and it shouldn't happen to anyone. I'm sure Bush has an explanation and he must have a reason why he didn't give it . Maybe he might think, he just has to answer to the buyers.

I differ in your comparison of Michael & Bush. When Michael was wrongly accused, he came forward and said he was innocent of any wrong doing. Michael spoke.

I must admit I wish somebody would answer something, and I wish people would wait to hear what they have to say. I am tired of seeing fans go at other fans and them being told to 'open your eyes', and others talking like they already know for a fact. I agree it is all curious, but tbh lots of MJ signatures look different to me. But yes I DO want answers.

He recently in San Francisco for the book tour and signing!

fr: Karen faye

Karen Faye &#8207;<s>@</s>wingheart

I am shocked and devastatingly sad to see this. Could this be? t.co/c6ZYUJMy

8:53 AM - 12 Dec 12 ·

<small class="time"> 2h</small> Emma Cullen &#8207;<s>@</s>goodgirlbad
Explain, what is shocking <s>#</s>outoftheloop <s>@</s>wingheart I am shocked and devastatingly sad to see this. Could this be? pic.twitter.com/NN9veLPo
Details

<small class="time"> 2h</small> &#963;&#627;&#949; &#8466;&#963;&#1141;&#949; &#8734; &#963;&#627;&#949; &#1019;&#669; &#8207;<s>@</s>MJJsupporter
<s>@</s>wingheart He's copying the king... )=
Details

<small class="time"> 2h</small> Martín D'Adamo &#8207;<s>@</s>titidadamo
<s>@</s>wingheart you know him..., Is possible? Please, no
Details

<small class="time"> 2h</small> &#9834;Tayla St.James™ &#9834; &#8207;<s>@</s>TaylaStJames
<s>@</s>wingheart WOAHHH you gotta be kidding me!! But why?!
Details

<small class="time"> 2h</small> Alec &#8207;<s>@</s>onmyanger
<s>@</s>wingheart On the same auction Bush sold an item autographed by Michael that was manufactured AFTER Michael's death. http://is.gd/rGCIoR
Details

<small class="time"> 2h</small> Jenna &#8207;<s>@</s>JennaM0715
<s>@</s>wingheart Isn't this illegal?!
Details

<small class="time"> 2h</small> Diane G &#8207;<s>@</s>GeneGenie7
<s>@</s>wingheart My son's book is not signed like that?
Details

<small class="time"> 18m</small> Karla Romao &#8207;<s>@</s>KrJasko
<s>@</s>wingheart So disgusting! No words... I feel hurt for all the ones who truly loved and respected MJ like u Karen, I am hurting with u...
Details

<small class="time"> 16m</small> Christian Limas &#8207;<s>@</s>Christianabwllr
<s>@</s>KrJasko http://tinyurl.com/c2ykbey
Details

and more

I could no longer hold the pain in my heart silent. I am crying as I tweet these words. RT @neverletyoupart: @wingheart you KNOW I'm holding myself back from putting everything I want to say out there right now.

I can count the autographs I have on one hand, and they are precious to me. I could NEVER part with them. It takes forethought of selling them, to have so many. RT @JennaM0715: @wingheart This is devastating on so many different levels. I can't imagine how you feel. I could no longer hold the pain in my heart silent. I am crying as I tweet these words. RT @neverletyoupart: @wingheart you KNOW I'm holding myself back from putting everything I want to say out there right now.

I wondered after all MLB, MJ and I have been through, including laying him to rest, MLB never even gave me a copy of his book. RT @MJAllForLove: @wingheart All I want to say is thank you for your integrity. Each new betrayal is

MLB is very well off. RT @TheMJAP: @wingheart The only way I can begin to rationalise it is to imagine Bush was put into a position where he had no choice. #tragic

My glasses were just fogging up, contemplating those I have lost threw death and betrayal, connecting to this part of my history. I am fine. These are natural feelings we all experience. RT @lozie49: @wingheart i no how u felt about michael there are alot of greedy people out there i hope yr ok and dont cry yr a lovely lady xxx

^^^ I saw that earlier, what I immediately thought it, if you were faking something a) wouldn't you do it better and b) You would make sure you didn't put any style that is personal to you. Just a thought, I'm not defending or accusing.

I just had an argument yesterday with a co-worker about Michael. I tried so hard to defend him and this person kept repeating tabloid crap and lies told about Michael. I got so frustrated. It just shows me the damage that was done to Michael. I don't want to do that to someone else. I want to wait and see if it's proven as a fact that the signatures are fakes and so on. I didn't know who Michael Bush was until after Michael died. He looked familiar to me but I never knew his name and how long he worked for Michael. i don't know his track record and I want to wait and see. I actually try to give the Jacksons the benefit of the doubt at times too but I am finding out their track record is not that good.

^^^ I saw that earlier, what I immediately thought it, if you were faking something a) wouldn't you do it better and b) You would make sure you didn't put any style that is personal to you. Just a thought, I'm not defending or accusing.

maybe he's gone mad!!

maybe he's gone mad!!

Well to be honest he would have to have done because it would be bloody stupid otherwise!

Having read some of the autograph site, I think there doesn't seem to be a great deal of clarity about discussions there. There seems to be a mixture of advice and much of it is about how people might go about getting their money back from Julien's. The alternative argument seems to be that Lady G should be advised. These seem to be divergent aims...is it about getting money back or about 'potential fraud?...Is this a group led by authenticators who have 'history' with other authenticators, and want to 'prove a point' or make their names'? I am surprised that no -one is suggesting that items might be examined by an independent forensic 'court qualified' document examiner...and the purchased items in buyer's hands would be needed to do this. If the auto magazine was serious about this discussion, they would presumably give some advice of this kind. If purchased items go back to Julien's their 'evidence' is largely gone.

Forgive me for quoting myself....but I almost added this morning...and if Julien's start offering people their money back, they can obviously see some sense in retrieving their evidence.

Well, according to a new post on the automag website...Julien's have just offered someone their money back for a signed item from the Bush auction! Speaks volumes to me!

^yeah. He also received a letter from them with some PR talk. They stand by Michael bush, how dare you questioning the authenticity because we are the big big auction house. Stupid you to believe those who have doubt on these unlike Michael autographs, those doubters are haters. Dont trust your eyes, trust us. Lol

Last edited:

I talked to Michael Bush a little yesterday at San Francisco book signing. I posted what he told me in full here:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-Icon/page12?p=3749568&viewfull=1#post3749568

The part about the controversy:

I asked about the auction - when he donated the costumes to the estate and why he sold some of the iconic pieces. He confirmed that he donated clothes to the estate before the Juliens catalog was put together. He basically gave the estate the first choice to pick whatever they wanted, and they did. Why they didn't take Bad tour clothes or HIStory teaser costume - he doesn't know. He said that they may have copies of some things as stage clothes was manufactured in 2-3 copies, but he doesn't know for sure. He gave them what they asked for. (It seems like he donated Smooth Criminal lean shoes to the estate, because when I asked about them, he said the estate has them.) When I asked who made selection - the executors, the kids or Katherine - he said he didn't know. He assumed it was a collective choice. Overall it seemed to me, that he is not in close contact with the estate. Some fans depict Bush as Branca's friend, ally, co-conspirator and whatnot - he isn't. From his answers is seemed that he communicated with the estate about the book and the auction through some formal representative, and he doesn't have much information about what they have in possession.

I asked about the autograph controversy. Bush declined to comment and said that he was only there to sign the book and didn't want to touch that. I said, "Fair enough," but I also told him that I though it was in his best interest to clear this out, because some fans are boycotting and harming the book due to the controversy, and the book is very important for Michael's legacy. He said he understood, and that the situation would be cleared through proper and official sources. (I won't hold my breath though. But we'll see). Overall he seemed just a simple and nice guy to me.

^yeah. He also received a letter from them with some PR talk. They stand by Michael bush, how dare you questioning the authenticity because we are the big big auction house. Stupid you to believe those who have doubt on these unlike Michael autographs, those doubters are haters. Dont trust your eyes, trust us. Lol

I doubt very much they sent that reply. Can you please show the real letter Julien sent in reply .. Plus Have you seen the actual reply Julien sent ? Thanks

Back