Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date April 2, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Update : Trial date set Sept. 10, 2012 / Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Ortega removed

I CATEGORICALLY, EMPHATICALLY do not support the lawsuit against AEG.

This move is void of common sense, and like GLE, is an attempt to make money using MJ's demise.

As stated wonderfully by Judge Pastor yesterday, Murray lied to AEG, he was hired by Michael Jackson to care for him, and is the sole guilty party.

If AEG should be on trial, so too, should the Jacksons.

Re: Update : Trial date set Sept. 10, 2012 / Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Ortega removed

I CATEGORICALLY, EMPHATICALLY do not support the lawsuit against AEG.

This move is void of common sense, and like GLE, is an attempt to make money using MJ's demise.

As stated wonderfully by Judge Pastor yesterday, Murray lied to AEG, he was hired by Michael Jackson to care for him, and is the sole guilty party.

If AEG should be on trial, so too, should the Jacksons.

I agree with you!

This is good, thank you. Yes, it's not over yet. More work to be done to bring justice!!! :timer:

Windy this is not aimed at you personally..

whenever I see the word "justice" I wonder how people define it. This is a civil trial which means the outcome is money. Let's assume that for a second that KJ won and that AEG was ordered to pay $102 Million (the restitution amount asked from Murray) do you think it will be justice for Michael?

Also after Murray trial I think AEG trial has became progressively harder to win. Both AEG and Murray acknowledged that the decision to hire Murray was Michael's and not AEG's. and Murray has been established to lie constantly. Even Pastor said so in his sentencing, he lied to everyone involved - including AEG. So it kinda makes it hard to say "they should have known". Michael trusted his life to Murray so perhaps AEG trusted him too?

Ortega's email and then consequent meeting show that his concerns were brushed by Murray. Dileo's voice mail show that even though he might have suspected Michael had issues with drugs, he didn't think Murray was involved in it (as he was asking Murray to make a test and to find out what he was using).

Murray (and Jacksons) can argue that he was pressured to give this drugs to Michael due to Michael's financial position and how he had to do the tour and so on. But in the end of the day it was Murray's decision - unless AEG dictated him what to give and how to give it.

As Murray's defense argued and as the evidence showed Murray wasn't the first doctor to give Michael propofol and he wasn't the only one that Michael asked. So saying this Propofol was related to AEG or TII would also be hard to establish.

Could AEG have done anything? Sure but so could everyone -such as Jacksons, Karen Faye, dancers etc etc.

This will be an interesting lawsuit for sure but I don't think it will be an easy one.

note: also I'm curious to see how this one will pan out. I wonder if AEG would consider a settlement rather than going to trial or they would fight this to win it.

Windy this is not aimed at you personally..

whenever I see the word "justice" I wonder how people define it. This is a civil trial which means the outcome is money. Let's assume that for a second that KJ won and that AEG was ordered to pay $102 Million (the restitution amount asked from Murray) do you think it will be justice for Michael?

Also after Murray trial I think AEG trial has became progressively harder to win. Both AEG and Murray acknowledged that the decision to hire Murray was Michael's and not AEG's. and Murray has been established to lie. Even Pastor said so in his sentencing, he lied to everyone involved - including AEG. So it kinda makes it hard to say "they should have known".

Ortega's email and then consequent meeting show that his concerns were brushed by Murray. Dileo's voice mail show that even though he might have suspected Michael had issues with drugs, he didn't think Murray was involved in it (as he was asking Murray to make a test and to find out what he was using).

Could AEG have done anything? Sure but so could everyone -such as Jacksons, Karen Faye, dancers etc etc.

This will be an interesting lawsuit for sure but I don't think it will be an easy one.

I would just want to add another point to your great post.

The Jacksons also have to acknowledged the fact that they too were trying to get Michael to tour as early as late 2007 all the way until the time of his death. AGE tried to sue Michael and stop the AEG shows not because of Michael's health, but because they claimed Michael had an obligation to do their shows. Joe and Rowe also saw Michael two weeks before his death and said nothing about Michael being of ill health or scared. Joe said himself in an interview given by ABC that the last thing they talked about was money and how Joe wanted Michael to be paid in pounds. There was nothing about him being sick, an addict, or even thin. In fact, he even said Michael and his wife laughed at him for being so over the top at one point. Even before then, Joe and Rowe went to Paris' birthday party, but also didn't say anything about ill health. Mrs. Jackson also saw Michael two weeks before he died and she said he was healthy and happy. Nothing about being stressed, ill, or even thin. Even Jermaine when he saw the clip of TII days after Michael died said Michael looked healthy and strong. When asked by Larry King about his weight, he dismissed it saying Michael has always been thin. Now in his book, he claimed that Michael was a thin as a cancer patient because he lost allot of weight in such a short period of time. If that was the case, shouldn't he noticed the drastic change in weight the moment he saw the TII clip, especially the movie? Some in the family also said they knew something was supposedly wrong back in May or early June because he was being kept away from his family, but didn't try to make any real contact with Michael. Toya was minutes away, but she never once tried to go to his house.

How can the family say on one hand that AEG forced Michael and he was under stress at the same time they were suing Michael through AGE because he wouldn't do their shows? How can they say that Michael was sick since late May and it was obvious to all when they saw him weeks before he died and have stated previously that they saw nothing wrong? The Jackson would be fools if they think AEG won't bring up these points I've rise since it looked like the Jacksons are talking out of both sides of their butts.

I would just want to add another point to your great post.

The Jacksons also have to acknowledged the fact that they too were trying to get Michael to tour as early as late 2007 all the way until the time of his death. AGE tried to sue Michael and stop the AEG shows not because of Michael's health, but because they claimed Michael had an obligation to do their shows. Joe and Rowe also saw Michael two weeks before his death and said nothing about Michael being of ill health or scared. Joe said himself in an interview given by ABC that the last thing they talked about was money and how Joe wanted Michael to be paid in pounds. There was nothing about him being sick, an addict, or even thin. In fact, he even said Michael and his wife laughed at him for being so over the top at one point. Even before then, Joe and Rowe went to Paris' birthday party, but also didn't say anything about ill health. Mrs. Jackson also saw Michael two weeks before he died and she said he was healthy and happy. Nothing about being stressed, ill, or even thin. Even Jermaine when he saw the clip of TII days after Michael died said Michael looked healthy and strong. When asked by Larry King about his weight, he dismissed it saying Michael has always been thin. Now in his book, he claimed that Michael was a thin as a cancer patient because he lost allot of weight in such a short period of time. If that was the case, shouldn't he noticed the drastic change in weight the moment he saw the TII clip, especially the movie? Some in the family also said they knew something was supposedly wrong back in May or early June because he was being kept away from his family, but didn't try to make any real contact with Michael. Toya was minutes away, but she never once tried to go to his house.

How can the family say on one hand that AEG forced Michael and he was under stress at the same time they were suing Michael through AGE because he wouldn't do their shows? How can they say that Michael was sick since late May and it was obvious to all when they saw him weeks before he died and have stated previously that they saw nothing wrong? The Jackson would be fools if they think AEG won't bring up these points I've rise since it looked like the Jacksons are talking out of both sides of their butts.

Very true, glad you added those points to ivy's informative post.

My little input is:

The meeting you mention, wherein Joe, Katherine, and Leonard Rowe were all in attendance, along with Randy Phillips. Surely AEG will bring up what REALLY took place in that meeting, which I would have to say had nothing to do with Michael's health.

In my opinion, that meeting was about Joe Jackson and Leonard Rowe trying to be a part of the O2 concert dates, in some way, shape, or form, AND/OR trying to find a way for Michael to do that AllGood Entertainment Family Concert ALSO. If all else failed, that AllGood Entertainment Family Concert would have reaped a King's Ransom for both Rowe and Joe.

(If I recall correctly, the head of AllGood was also a part of this meeting, via telephone.)

In my opinion, Joe and Rowe wanted in and it didn't matter if the "IN" came from the O2 revenues or the AllGood Entertainment Family Concert revenue.

I look forward to Randy Phillips describing exactly what transpired in that meeting, why it was called in the first place, and what was the outcome of said meeting.

How much BEGGING did Joe and Rowe inflict on the "sickly" Michael Jackson in order for him to comply with their collective request to be a part of Michael's financial world?

Last edited:

Very true, glad you added those points to ivy's informative post.

My little input is:

The meeting you mention, wherein Joe, Katherine, and Leonard Rowe were all in attendance, along with Randy Phillips. Surely AEG will bring up what REALLY took place in that meeting, which I would have to say had nothing to do with Michael's health.

In my opinion, that meeting was about Joe Jackson and Leonard Rowe trying to be a part of the O2 concert dates, in some way, shape, or form, AND/OR trying to find a way for Michael to do that AllGood Entertainment Family Concert ALSO. If all else failed, that AllGood Entertainment Family Concert would have reaped a King's Ransom for both Rowe and Joe.

(If I recall correctly, the head of AllGood was also a part of this meeting, via telephone.)

In my opinion, Joe and Rowe wanted in and it didn't matter if the "IN" came from the O2 revenues or the AllGood Entertainment Family Concert revenue.

I look forward to Randy Phillips describing exactly what transpired in that meeting, why it was called in the first place, and what was the outcome of said meeting.

How much BEGGING did Joe and Rowe inflict on the "sickly" Michael Jackson in order for him to comply with their collective request to be a part of Michael's financial world?

Normally, I would say that meeting is up in the air because it's really a big he said, she said, and you have to weed through the truth. But, this isn't really the case here.

The Jacksons shot themselves in the foot because they couldn't keep their months shut and they gave several different version of the same story. Joe, Mrs. Jackson, and Jermaine are on record on their previous point-of-view. They can't really backtrack without calling their credibility into the question. Their previous record of trying to suck Michael into questionable deals will also come back to bit him. The same with Karen and her every changing stories and the fact she fled when she was going to be called by Murray's defense. Toya is anything but reliable because she changes here story depending who she talks to and she feels Michael was killed on purpose while this civil suit is about negligent.

Randy P, love or hate him, has stood on point on his story. There are some minor changes here and there, but nothing like the Jacksons. So, AEG already had a big advantage.

Part from what Jermaine said to the Sun

He was on the verge of turning over a new leaf in his life.

The This Is It concerts in London were just the beginning of a five-year plan to turn things around and restore some financial security. He was even finalising a $15million (£9.6million) downpayment on a home in Las Vegas.

This payment was one of the last things he spoke about at rehearsals before heading home for that ill-fated, sleepless night.

Murray's recklessness denied Michael the new, exciting future he had his heart set on. I have seen some ill-informed reactions that have painted Murray as some kind of "scapegoat" and that my brother's death was due to his "addiction to drugs".

None of which is true — as all evidence proved.

For the record, Michael had no dependency on the painkiller demerol at the time of his death, as was claimed in court.

It's true that he had a known drug dependency in 1993 and it continued to mess with him for almost a decade. But circumstances in 2001 did not kill him in 2009, despite Murray's defence team doing its best to link the past to the future.

Bottom line: There was no demerol found in his house or in his body. So much for him being "an addict".

Michael, a chronic insomniac, died because he wanted to sleep, not because he wanted to get high, and he trusted Murray to ensure this happened by administering an unorthodox measure — the anaesthetic propofol.

Michael regarded this sleep-inducing drug as the only effective solution to an insomnia triggered by touring.

Propofol is like a gun — safe in the right hands but in the wrong hands, it's deadly. Michael placed his life in Murray's wrong hands.

One of the toughest aspects of the trial was realising how saveable Michael was.

Had Murray monitored him, instead of wandering off to ring his girlfriends, he'd have seen that Michael had stopped breathing.

Had he had the standard life-saving equipment and rang 911 and not stalled for 15 inexplicable minutes, there was always a real chance of life. Had he not kept hidden from paramedics the vital fact he'd administered propofol. Had he been a trained professional who knew what he was doing, Michael would still be alive today.

I remain haunted by the endless list of "Had he done this . . . "

I also remain haunted by the wider truths that hide beneath the surface of the Murray case.

This extra, disturbing information is what I discovered when writing my tribute memoir You Are Not Alone: Michael, Through A Brother's Eyes.

I received some criticism for the timing of the book, but I not only wanted to document the truth about Michael as a human being, I wanted fans to understand what we, the family, have learned about what really happened at the This Is It rehearsals.

It was here — behind the scenes and unseen in the official movie — that Michael's body first issued distress signals about the gradual poisoning by propofol.

It was being administered to such an extent that it turned my brother's body toxic. He was, in effect, a dead man walking long before he died.

Michael collapsed on stage, had to be helped up steps, half his body was hot and half was cold and he didn't even have the strength to lift a lightweight prop during a routine for Thriller.

Something was seriously wrong, but a collective attitude of "the show must go on" prevailed. No doubt assisted by Murray's lies that Michael was in fine health.

I think the story behind his decline in health and his treatment by certain people — topics that were never fully explored at trial because of the narrow scope of evidence — is troubling.

From what eyewitnesses shared with me for the book, too many people kept their eye on the prize of a money-spinning concert and lost sight of the frail human being at its centre.

Based on the dire condition Michael was in, This Is It should have been shut down by June 20. In other words, he was saveable long before June 25 when he died.

For us as a family, this remains part of a wider neglect of Michael. It is within the arena of a wrongful death civil lawsuit against the concert promoter AEG which is where some wider truths will, I hope, be examined.

The conviction and sentencing of Murray is the first step towards a greater justice.
Nothing can bring Michael back. Nothing can change the meagre reality surrounding Murray's sentencing. But it is our duty to his memory to bring out the truth of what happened to him.
Maybe then we'll start to feel better vindicated. Maybe then we'll feel less empty.

Maybe then we'll be able to rest, knowing "truth" is sometimes the definition of true justice.

this lawsuit has nothing to do with justice. It's about money, about the Jacksons wanting to get rich, masking it as "justice".

This extra, disturbing information is what I discovered when writing my tribute memoir You Are Not Alone: Michael, Through A Brother's Eyes.

I received some criticism for the timing of the book, but I not only wanted to document the truth about Michael as a human being, I wanted fans to understand what we, the family, have learned about what really happened at the This Is It rehearsals.

Something was seriously wrong, but a collective attitude of "the show must go on" prevailed. No doubt assisted by Murray's lies that Michael was in fine health.

It's a shame that Jermaine has to resort to REPEATING 2nd and 3rd hand stories that he "heard" while researching his book, and not being able to repeat things that Michael told him first hand. Just confirming the awkward relationship between he and Michael, in my opinion.

It's also a shame that Jermaine wanted the fans to know what REALLY happened at the This Is It Rehearsals, but it would cost them the price of his NEW book. LOL!

The Murderer-Murray said Michael was fine, but I believe Michael also said he was fine. So how does one deal with a 50 year old man who tells them "I'm fine?" The Doctor in charge and the person he is in charge of both say "there are no problems." How does one get around that, I wonder?

While leaving the courthouse yesterday, Jermaine Jackson pointed to a sign that said "AEG Must Be Investigated" and gave it his thumbs up.

Well he needs someone to pay his child support

@iVY Great minds..... I had just copied that part of Jermaine's interview with the sun to post here, you beat me to it.

I thought it particularly interesting where he states 'behind the scenes and not seen in the offical movie', this would indicate that there are scenes where Michael was not at his best and yet nothing was used at the trial.

It's a shame that Jermaine has to resort to REPEATING 2nd and 3rd hand stories that he "heard" while researching his book, and not being able to repeat things that Michael told him first hand. Just confirming the awkward relationship between he and Michael, in my opinion.

It's also a shame that Jermaine wanted the fans to know what REALLY happened at the This Is It Rehearsals, but it would cost them the price of his NEW book. LOL!

The Murderer-Murray said Michael was fine, but I believe Michael also said he was fine. So how does one deal with a 50 year old man who tells them "I'm fine?" The Doctor in charge and the person he is in charge of both say "there are no problems." How does one get around that, I wonder?

I find this line more funny given that he doesn't even know what really happened himself and had to asked the likes of Karen and TINI fans. Really, how sad is it that a group of stalkerish fans and an obsession make-up artist knows more about your brother than you or your entire family?

Jermaine is also full of crap about the rehearsal footage. Murray's defense looked at hours of that footage for an ill Michael and end up resorting to trying to use the press conference footage from March. Then again, it's Jackson Land, what can we expect.

I thought it particularly interesting where he states 'behind the scenes and not seen in the offical movie', this would indicate that there are scenes where Michael was not at his best and yet nothing was used at the trial.

In my opinion, Jermaine is WRONG and it just shows how little he really knows about the goings on in this case. His objective is MONEY from AEG and facts need not stand in the way.

I say that because, as we all know, the Judge, the defense, and the prosecution ALL had an opportunity to see the footage. ALL OF THE FOOTAGE.

And if there was even the slightest inclination that Michael was not well in any of that footage, THE DEFENSE would have jumped on that like white-on-rice.

In my opinion, Jermaine is WRONG and it just shows how little he really knows about the goings on in this case. His objective is MONEY from AEG and facts need not stand in the way.

I say that because, as we all know, the Judge, the defense, and the prosecution ALL had an opportunity to see the footage. ALL OF THE FOOTAGE.

And if there was even the slightest inclination that Michael was not well in any of that footage, THE DEFENSE would have jumped on that like white-on-rice.

I have to agree with you, if for no other reason than basic common sense. I don't see why they wouldn't have used it if such evidence exists.

It will be interesting to see what evidence the jackson's come up with. We know from Ortega that Michael had some off days, but it was addressed by AEG and everyone was reasured, so I guess we have to wait and see......again!

Doesnt take long for the family to move on to the main objective does it! As if they couldnt be more obvious in what their priorities are

Just because there isn't footage of Michael in distress doesn't mean it didn't happen. Nurse Lee testified about Michael feeling hot on one side and cold on the other. It's doubtful that a camera was running the ENTIRE time during rehearsals. And even if it was someone could have easily stopped filming.

Just because there isn't footage of Michael in distress doesn't mean it didn't happen. Nurse Lee testified about Michael feeling hot on one side and cold on the other. It's doubtful that a camera was running the ENTIRE time during rehearsals. And even if it was someone could have easily stopped filming.

The reason this was raised was because of the comment from Jermaine in that interview, it implied that there was other footage unseen in the offical movie.

Makes u laugh how the media give the jacksons a platform when all they have is secondary information gathered from others and are the ppl who have the least knowledge about what went on. yet they are given a platform and like to act like they are the very opposite

Also that incident happened on a Sunday and Michael was not rehearsing that day. Kenny also said there was only one day that Michael came sick and he was sent home and didn't practice. Jermaine implied that there is actual footage of a sick Michael being dragged on stage. There isn't.

Even if he was sick on somedays, you can't really say AEG forced him to perform when he didn't even rehearse.

Also, the Sun? Seriously, Jermaine? You're brother's murderor has just been sentence and you're talking to the Sun? The same Tab that gave that mock autopsy report? For shame, Jermaine. You're getting as bad as your sister. I guess CNN doesn't pay enough for you anymore.

Last edited:

Let's be thankful for small mercies, at least jermaine didn't talk to the sun about erased surveillance tapes and eye witnesses to randy phillips wandering about carolwood with a loaded syringe in his hand.

The reason this was raised was because of the comment from Jermaine in that interview, it implied that there was other footage unseen in the offical movie.

Well I didn't read it that way. Especially when there was a whole big-to-do about it prior to the trial as to whether or not there was such footage and there wasn't and I'm sure Jermaine knew that. I took what he said literally and didn't imply anything.

Let's be thankful for small mercies, at least jermaine didn't talk to the sun about erased surveillance tapes and eye witnesses to randy phillips wandering about carolwood with a loaded syringe in his hand.
LOL thanks i needed that

I find it offending and insulting toward Michael everytime the Jackson's or their stans refer to this lawsuit as ''justice''.

This ain't about justice, this has never been about justice. The moment Michael died his family decided to make the best out of the situation by exploiting his passing to the fullest, and to this day their exploitive schemes haven't stopped. Their statement for the sentencing made it very clear, where their priorities lay, and what they've IF at all mourned, they regret Michael's passing because he cannot be dragged onto a stage with them anymore. Their meal ticket is gone and the attention toward Michael is not going to stay this high in the coming years, soon even their new found ''fame'' and ''celebrity'' will fade away.

STILL makes no sense, in my opinion.

Jermaine says specifically that "something" happened during the Thriller rehearsal. Surely is Michael was rehearsing his Thriller performance, which by all accounts was a big thing, then it would have been recorded. And IF they had stopped recording, for whatever reason, then there would still be some sort of footage to show what happened BEFORE the camera was shut off.

Jermaine, in my opinion, is just repeating what he heard from the "person" who hid out rather then testify at Murray's trial. I'll let you guess as to who that "person" is.

Yeah I know exactly who you are talking about and I'm sure that's where he got his information from unfortunately.

I am somewhat conflicted on this issue about ” looking for other guilty parties” in relation Michaels death. I think it is vital for accuracy and truth-seeking that Conrad Murray is always the man who shares the direct result for Michaels passing. LaToyas conspiracy nut-talk is embarrassing for the family and its sad Michael had to live with such a mentally sick woman in his family. Her talk about Randy Phillips entering the house and killing MJ is sick and she should be sued so she can for once feel whats its like on the receiving end. And I am fully aware that most family members don’t care about justice but about trying to make some easy money.

With that being said I feel that there is more to Michaels demise and what lead up to Michael feeling it necessary to hire Murray for this dangerous treatment. BUT the family is looking at the wrong party. I think colony capital and Thome Thome has almost been forgotten. Remember it was they who said Michael must work again to clean up the finiancial mess. It was Thome Thome who in just a matter of months of meeting Michael got complete control of Michaels business life and later negotiated the contract with AEG. AEG certainly wanted Michael to perform and they certainly wanted to make money of MJ, the whole VIAGOGO fiasco and some of Phillips comments in LATimes in May 2009 does not speak in their favour. BUT remember it was Thome Thome who negotiated the contract with MJ. WHY did he allow the contract to say that if MJ failed to live up to his obligations AEG would get the Cataloge. He should have been looking out for MJs interest and the part about the catalog is the most sick part in all of this. If Michael would have lost that, he truly would have been bankrupt. 400 million dollars in debt and losing nearly 1 billion dollar in assets from the catalogue. How could Thome Thome allow this, what was motivations, what had he been told from Colony Capital?

This are the truly important questions that I wish the Jacksons would ask. But maybe they don’t cuz it was Jermaine who entered Thome Thome into Michaels life……

BUT remember it was Thome Thome who negotiated the contract with MJ. WHY did he allow the contract to say that if MJ failed to live up to his obligations AEG would get the Cataloge. He should have been looking out for MJs interest and the part about the catalog is the most sick part in all of this. If Michael would have lost that, he truly would have been bankrupt. 400 million dollars in debt and losing nearly 1 billion dollar in assets from the catalogue. How could Thome Thome allow this, what was motivations, what had he been told from Colony Capital?

I personally do not think the catalog was at jeopardy.

There are 2 reasons to why

1. The contract places the assets of "Michael Jackson Company" as collateral. Sony/ATV and MIJAC was NOT owned by "Michael Jackson Company".

2. Even if you fault on a loan the collateral could only be what you own to the people. In other words if you have a $1,000 debt, all they can get from you is $1,000 + interest (if any) + fees (if any). They can't get $10,000 for a $1,000 debt.

Yeah thats why im thinking why would aeg get a billion $ asset for a debt of what? 45 mill?. mj would just add another 45 onto his original debt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back