Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date April 2, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Update : Case stays alive/ Ortega removed/ Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / AEG wants case dismis

I'm sure that they are filing requests from everything - as we can see from the AEG case. and they could be getting partial money which is not enough to pay the $13.6 M debt.

Thanks, but we havnt heard anything about Segye Times getting money from Katherines sideprojetcs.. She has been working with Mann for a long time now and have money in her name now plus she gets the allowance from the estate...

They filed that claim in 2010 and still no reports that they have right to get some partial money from her allowance or her sideprojetcs... Just wondered what the judge said about it

Re: Update : Case stays alive/ Ortega removed/ Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / AEG wants case dismis

How does any of that constitute that AEG INTENDED to hire Murray?

In my opinion, an unsigned contract means nothing.

Especially, if we are to believe that Murray spent so much time with Michael at his home. If I recall correctly, Kai Chase even mentioned Murray having dinner with Michael on a number of occassions.

I wonder why Murray didn't take the unsigned contract off of his car seat and just bring it into Michael's home so that it could be executed by Michael?

Dunno, why he didn't. Or maybe he did, and Michael didn't sign it? At this point, only Murray knows the answer to that, and he hasn't said (probably won't, if he doesn't testify)

See bolded. That will probably be the heart of the lawsuit. AEG will say, most likely, that any arrangements were entirely between Michael and Murray. Katherine's lawyers will say "AEG intended to hire Murray for London, and had arrangements with him before that." A lot will depend on evidence we are not privy to, i.e. whatever documents/correspondence there might be.

I'm sure that they are filing requests from everything - as we can see from the AEG case. and they could be getting partial money which is not enough to pay the $13.6 M debt.

fyi : for example a person earns $5000 per month, you can't get all of that money for the debt. The court will leave that person a certain amount that they can live on and then give the rest to the debtor. So what Segye has collected could be minimal.
by the sounds of this Jermaine may end up paying this WHOLE debt himself..it seems as if the debt will outlast Ms Katherine and Joe. Jermaine better get a better paying gig ...then again this debt might out live him to with the way he screams poverty.

do you really believe Mann to be honest and really reporting every bit of money he made and give to Katherine so that Segye can collect from that?

and I think Estate allowance is structured in such a way that Estate pays the money for Katherine's benefit and not to Katherine directly to protect the money. However Mann also twists this to make Estate sound bad (like they aren't giving money to Katherine).

Dunno, why he didn't. Or maybe he did, and Michael didn't sign it? At this point, only Murray knows the answer to that, and he hasn't said (probably won't, if he doesn't testify)

See bolded. That will probably be the heart of the lawsuit. AEG will say, most likely, that any arrangements were entirely between Michael and Murray. Katherine's lawyers will say "AEG intended to hire Murray for London, and had arrangements with him before that." A lot will depend on evidence we are not privy to, i.e. whatever documents/correspondence there might be.
Thanks for your response Autumn.

You know I was also thinking about Nurse Lee (I believe that's her name, she of the colorful clothing - LOL).

I don't know how truthful any of this is, but Nurse Lee did make a "claim" that Michael had someone call her about his feeling cold on one side and hot on the other (or words to that effect), so I have to ask, if Michael was so gung-ho on Murray, why didn't he just call his doctor, Murray, when he wasn't feeling well, why reach out to Nurse Lee?

Was Michael some how starting to distance himself from Murray, for whatever reason. Just some food for thought.

It was an obvious cry out for help. And Murray was prolly getting panicked, starting to envision his big dough dissipating. .. Otherwise, he would've taken him straight to the hospital. But yes, this ain't the thread for that.

But, as we said, we do not know truthful that statement is.

I STILL believe that AEG never planned to hire Murray, they were stalling, hoping that Michael would change his mind by the time he arrived in London. I mean, what the heck was the hold-up? Everybody else had been signed and was already being paid. Everybody except Conrad Murray.

In my opinion, that speaks volumes!

I feel the same way too. I have no proof, but people were packing to leave for London and Murray's contract was still not signed. Somehow I even feel Michael was stalling himself. Also, I have not seen the proof that AEG hired Murray, so I am very interested in seeing how katherine will prove it.

There was a status hearing yesterday here are the updates

Michael Jackson death: Lawsuit could be impacted by doctor’s criminal trial
By Tammy McCoy, on June 1st, 2011
By City News Service

The outcome of the involuntary manslaughter case against Michael Jackson’s personal physician could affect the length of the trial of a related civil lawsuit next year, an attorney for the late singer’s mother told a judge Wednesday.

Lawyer Kevin Boyle, during a hearing before Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos, predicted Katherine Jackson’s civil case against AEG Live would take about four weeks to try, not including what is expected to be a lengthy jury selection process.

The company promoted a series of sold-out London concerts for which Jackson was rehearsing in Los Angeles at the time of his death.

However, Boyle said that if Dr. Conrad Murray, who was with the entertainer when he died, is convicted, the jury in the civil case will not have to deal with the negligence issues in the case and can focus squarely on whether AEG Live was Murray’s employer.

AEG Live attorneys dispute that their client employed Murray, whose criminal case trial was recently rescheduled for September.
“I think the (civil) trial would be considerably shorter,” Boyle said after the hearing.

However, AEG Live attorney Marvin Putnam said he was not sure a conviction in Murray’s criminal case would have the impact Boyle predicts. He also said the civil case could take even longer to try than Boyle’s estimate.

Palazuelos scheduled the civil suit trial for Sept. 10, 2012. She said she also will keep the case before her despite the possibility it will last several weeks and noted she recently tried another lengthy case.
“If I can try try an asbestos case in 14 to 21 days, there’s no reason I can’t try your case,” the judge told the attorneys.

The lawsuit was filed last September by Katherine Jackson on behalf of herself and her son’s three children, Michael Jr., Paris-Michael Katherine and Prince Michael. It alleges AEG Live is responsible for the medical decisions made by Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in Jackson’s death.

The 50-year-old singer died June 25, 2009, of acute propofol intoxication.

Palazuelos also is managing a separate suit filed against Murray by the singer’s father, Joe Jackson, that alleges wrongful death. The case was not part of today’s hearing. A Nov. 2 status conference is scheduled in that suit.

http://www.swrnn.com/2011/06/01/mic...-could-be-impacted-by-doctors-criminal-trial/

Re: Update : Trial date set Sept. 10, 2012 / Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Ortega removed

Thanks ivy. The main Thing with this is making sure the civil case comes after the crim one.which at this stage it will.to make sure it doest interfer with getting justice for mj. The question is if murray walks god forbid will the aeg lawsuit collapse

also i dont see how a murray conviction will lead katherines lawyer to not have to prove negligence.they arent suring murray are they? I though it was just aeg. And proving their negligence

Re: Update : Trial date set Sept. 10, 2012 / Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Ortega removed

Thanks ivy. The main Thing with this is making sure the civil case comes after the crim one.which at this stage it will.to make sure it doest interfer with getting justice for mj.

It will always be after the criminal trial because for example in this instance they might want murray to testify and he won't do that after the criminal trial is over

The question is if murray walks god forbid will the aeg lawsuit collapse

if that happens aeg would most obviously use that as a defense however it doesn't mean that the civil case will be lost. For example in OJ case he was found not guilty in the criminal case but found guilty in the civil case.

also i dont see how a murray conviction will lead katherines lawyer to not have to prove negligence.they arent suring murray are they? I though it was just aeg. And proving their negligence

I don't see the effect on the lawsuit either. I read the arguments by AEG - they never denied homicide by Murray. So even Murray's guilt is established by the criminal case, in this civil case still whether AEG was the employer and whether they had any responsibility has to be determined.

True re oj but wouldnt it be case of if murray is aquitted at least the part where aeg are accused of hiring him etc would go out of the window because the jury in the civil suit arent deciding on murrays guilt like in the oj civil case.so if murray is aquited doest it make who hired him irrelevent cause mj did it or someone etc etc

True re oj but wouldnt it be case of if murray is aquitted at least the part where aeg are accused of hiring him etc would go out of the window because the jury in the civil suit arent deciding on murrays guilt like in the oj civil case.so if murray is aquited doest it make who hired him irrelevent cause mj did it or someone etc etc

hmm no. there's also the civil case against Murray. even if nothing existed the jury first could look to determine Murray's guilt - which would make the case take more time - and then consider AEG.

I mean any not guilty verdict for Murray would make AEG case a lot more harder that's for sure but it's still doable.

Will there be a fan gathering at the court the day it begins?? I think there should be!!! If so I think we should organize it soon.. The first day and the last day I think its really important for fans to show the family that they are there STILL!!

^^
Well many fans including myself (as you can see in this thread) dont support
the Jacksons in this action againts AEG over Murrays actions. but Im sure a few
will be there for them. They do have some support for this from the fanbase

Will there be a fan gathering at the court the day it begins?? I think there should be!!! If so I think we should organize it soon.. The first day and the last day I think its really important for fans to show the family that they are there STILL!!

Are you talking about Katherine Jackson vs AEG or State of California vs Conrad Murray?

I'm sure fans will attend and show support for Michael at Murray trial. The AEG trial on the other hand is a civil case and will not happen until September 2012.

conrad!! I thought I saw a mentioning in here about it sorry.. I should have posted else where

there's also the civil case against Murray. even if nothing existed the jury first could look to determine Murray's guilt - which would make the case take more time - and then consider AEG.

so the jury in the AEG lawsuit can decide whether they think murrays gulity in a civil sense? i dont mean interms of the actual lawsuit as this case is about AEG but they can discuss it and then use that to influence a decision on the actual lawsuit? would that be allowed as the lawsuit isnt about murray

2012... is a long time or not? :unsure:

yes but they are waiting for Murray's criminal trial and appeal period to be over before starting with a civil trial

Thanks for clarifying Ivy. I thought I read the civil trial would start this year. I do support Kathertine in this.

I support Mrs Jackson

Now, that's a better move, thankfully. ...

Well the handful people who support them can organize one.

Thank you Ivy for sticking this thread so we can update and see how is progresses

Well this is the next case. We need to find Joe's lawsuit thread as well.

Well this is the next case. We need to find Joe's lawsuit thread as well.

I did search and found the following threads not sure what you want to sticky or not
If i find more I will post them here

Contract Murray & AEG Contract
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...Contract?highlight=joe+jackson+wrongful+death

Joe Jackson wrongful death case against Murray / Murray wants case dismissed / Joe wants to add AEG
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-add-AEG?highlight=joe+jackson+wrongful+death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back