Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date April 2, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wrongful death lawsuits - Katherine and MJ's kids sue AEG / Murray responds to Joe's lawsuit

Which part showed him complaining about his throat? I heard him say he was saving his voice, which is normal for a singer to do, but I cannot remember about a complaint. Please refresh my memory.

I agree with you on this. He spoke several times of the need to preserve his voice. But I do not ever remember him complaining of voice troubles. I don't know how people can go from 1 to 100 and make up all of the stuff in between?

Re: Wrongful death lawsuits - Katherine and MJ's kids sue AEG / Murray responds to Joe's lawsuit

Chernoff also said the promoter of Jackson's 50-show London concerts, AEG Live, owes the cardiologist $300,000.
"His contract with the promoters states he would receive an amount of money each month to be his (Jackson's) personal physician and they have failed to honor that contract," Chernoff said. "They are two months behind."
Randy Phillips, president and CEO of AEG Live, acknowledged the contract called for Murray to be paid $150,000 a month, but said the contract required Jackson's signature.
"Michael never signed the contract," Phillips said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/28/conrad-murray-jackson-doc_n_221972.html

That articale is so f****ing biased:ph34r:

never complained about his throat

Thanks for clearing THAT up.
GINVIV---I agree with you on that. We have to be so careful. I hope people do not now look at simple errors that singers make, e.g., forgetting lyrics and see something sinister in it. Lord help us!!!

It doesn't matter if they support this or not. I don't put them on a pedestal. But it is clear that they believe there is a conspiracy as they supported Katherine's earlier attempt to question the validity of the estate executors named.

Did they? Can you show a news report or anything like that?

The only thing I know Taj spoke against TII movie saying that Michael wouldn't want his rehearsals to be out as a movie and talked against the memorabilia tour. His statements were about some deals, not validity of the executors.

Last edited:

Bravo! Anything that happened with Michael and his family is in the past.
The fact is, they are his family and they all loved each other. They should try to do what ever it takes to get to the truth. Katherine said in one of her interviews, if I could talk to him one more time, "I would ask him, who did this to you." Not, can I have more money, who did this to you! She is his beloved mother and she lost her son, she has a right to know why.
She obviously isn't buying the, Murray did it on accident theory either. If she did she wouldn't ahve brought this case.
Go get them KJ!! Some of us are with you all the way to the end!

im with u on that

Honestly, this sounds like the AGE lawsuit, which had no binding contract, but more of an oral agreement. From what I know an oral agreement is not binding or honored by the court of law unless witnesses testify that it even took place.

Even if it did, everything had to be approved by Michael. They could not just tell him to hire someone and Michael never signed. By that alone, Murray was not a hired by AEG or he would had been able to successfully sued them for payment.

This lawsuit is also heavily depending on the tox. They are talking as the truth Murray worked on Michael for 6 weeks before he died. Since we do not have the full tox that shows the entire drug history, we don't know how true that is. If the tox shows that Murray only gave Michael drugs on the 25, this lawsuit completely fall apart since it states that Michael was pretty much a long time addict.

I also wondered if Murray was so important, why didn't he have a blue card? Without one, he could not legally practice in London. Unless the family is trying to say that AEG had the intention of allowing him to practice without one. Which I really don't see the point.

This lawsuit also bring into question Michael's character. Namely, the family want to say he was a great dad, but allowed a company to hired people without his permission to be in his house with his kids, took drugs from a doctor he didn't hire, and allow his health to fail without seeking medical help. By the family own accounts, Michael could not had been a good father since he was unable to care for himself. If we also add this with Murray's words about Michael 'demanding' drugs, we can only really draw one conclusion.

don't sound like a fan to me:*****::busted::lurkingtroll

Did they? Can you show a news report or anything like that?

The only thing I know Taj spoke against TII movie saying that Michael wouldn't want his rehearsals to be out as a movie and talked against the memorabilia tour. His statements were about some deals, not validity of the executors.

Sorry. I am not one of those fans who collects articles for future use. I just know he was to testify in Court and was in support of his grandmother's claims. But it doesn't matter what he thinks to me because he is not some sort of litmus test to me. I see the validity of this lawsuit and even if it were Janet bringing the suit who I have issues with, I could still support her on that.

I don't see where in this lawsuit by Katherine it paints Michael as a drug addict. It said that he was choosing medical treatment by one person and was forced to discontinue that treatment. It says that he was being pressured because of his assets on the line with AEG. It says he was negatively impacted by the "treatment" that Murray was given him. His life was on the line and people are only concerned about how his image is being played out.

You don't know from what dates the This Is It performances were taken from. So I don't see your point and handing over power of attorney in my book is just as bad judgement as putting up the catalog which he has done before this wouldn't be the first time.

I'm not surprised my point was lost, to assume you have knowledge of what I know is as arrogant as you assuming to know everyone's intentions or motives or who did what to whom because it feels right and doesn't upset your interpretations of what the facts are. If I recall, you called me a Murray supporter on another thread because you didn't like the fact that I believe in the 6th amendment of the US Constitution and the presumption of innocence. Unless you show me irrefutable evidence that MJ was the bad businessman that you claim he was and that TII was filmed in an alternate universe, please refrain from making comments that serve no purpose other than to pick a fight.

"The purpose of this lawsuit is to prove to the world the truth about what happened to Michael Jackson, once and for all."

don't sound like a fan to me:*****::busted::lurkingtroll

What does that mean?

Also, I think what needs to be made clear here is that Mrs. Jackson is not saying AEG murdered Michael on purpose. So, from that stand point, they are saying Michael's death was an accident. What they are saying is that AEG pushed and forced Michael to do A, B, and C, which caused him to go over the edge.

The problem comes that the same thing can be argued by Murray. He could say that AEG forced him to give Michael these drugs and Michael became addicted to them. He tried to save him, but Michael was too weak by that time to survive. Going by the lawsuit, this story is plausible. It would not rid guilt from Murray, but it would make a jury more sympathetic and feel manslaughter is too much of a charge. They instead could only charge him with negligence and he could spend no jail time.

Although, this case won't go anywhere if they can't prove AEG actually hired Murray. Oral agreements without witnesses cannot be used in court. Even if they had emails to say that they would hire Murray, it would mean nothing without a signed contract from both AEG and Michael. I do find it funny that the contract was not with the lawsuit.

We will have to wait and see.

Well, from the way this suit sounds MJ was too sickly to do any concerts. He needed a full time background searched docter, a nurse, and medical equipment, and to be taken care of like an invalid.

I now wish the plug had been pulled on the whole thing and he returned to Ireland, and never performed again. Sell the damn catalogue, and live the rest of his life in peace. Even in death, he can't have peace. Now, his children are being made part of a lawsuit. Makes me sick.

Makes me beyond sick.!!! After the 2005 trial did not care if MJ performed again. Just wanted him to go off some where, quitely raise his kids and find the peace he deserved.

What does that mean?

Also, I think what needs to be made clear here is that Mrs. Jackson is not saying AEG murdered Michael on purpose. So, from that stand point, they are saying Michael's death was an accident. What they are saying is that AEG pushed and forced Michael to do A, B, and C, which caused him to go over the edge.

We will have to wait and see.

I don't see where it says they caused Michael to go over the edge. It says they forced treatment which caused Michael's death.

Sorry. I am not one of those fans who collects articles for future use. I just know he was to testify in Court and was in support of his grandmother's claims. But it doesn't matter what he thinks to me because he is not some sort of litmus test to me. I see the validity of this lawsuit and even if it were Janet bringing the suit who I have issues with, I could still support her on that.

I'm sorry but how does validity of the lawsuit or who brought the lawsuit has anything to do with my post? Did I anywhere question the validity of the lawsuit or Katherine?

This is United States , everybody is free to sue whoever they want. If they have the proof they win, if they don't they lose. It's as simple as that. I for one NEVER question anybody seeking legal action against anyone.

However I have a problem with misinformation. Those misinformation travels amongst the fans and then you suddenly see it to become a fact. This is sensitive times, all of us are seeking the truth so I believe that we need to be more careful abut what we present as fact.

Yes Taj took the stand in the probate hearing, yes he supported his grandmother, yes he was against TII movie and the memorabilia tour , yes he said more family input was better to protect Michael's legacy but he didn't say anything about validity of the executors.

You say he clearly believed in a conspiracy but then you say it doesn't matter what he thinks. Then why introduce him as a supporting factor to this lawsuit if you will discredit him in the next post?

so to be clear - I respect your opinion, I have no posts that argues about the validity of the lawsuit either but please let's be more careful or through about the information that we present.

Last edited:

I don't see where it says they caused Michael to go over the edge. It says they forced treatment which caused Michael's death.

What I meant that it pushed him over the edge because Michael did not say no to these treatments. If anyone was fully functional, no doctor would be able to pump a person full of drugs. A normal person would had said 'hell no', regardless who was forcing them. It is also strange that they could force him to take medication, but not sign a contract to officially hire Murray. That is kind of putting the cart before the horse, imo.

If we go by Lee and Murray's statement, Michael willingly took the drugs that killed him and really did not need AEG to force him. Michael would have been either an addict or handicap in someway for either choice to work.

I also cannot see how he could be so heavily medicated, yet appeared fine except on certain days. One of the days he looked fine is when his last saw his mother. He much had been a great actor since she didn't sense anything wrong and said he was happy.

To me there were times in TII that did make me worry as he complained about his throat & he forgot lyrics. The fact that they were not able to edit that out is significant. I would need to see all the footage. Movie magic can do alot.

He never complained about his throat, he was saving his voice, he was in rehearsal mode though he did forget that occasionally and went full out on a few numbers. Why would they cut it out, that's why he kept saying "that's why we have rehearsals" to everyone, smooth out the rough edges to get to the perfection of what his concerts were.
Dorian Holley, his voice coach on TII talks about how healthy & energetic MJ was in rehearsals:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9rjua_michael-jackson-s-voice-coach-speak_news

Seth Riggs, voice coach for 3 decades on MJ's vocal range and workout said he saw MJ 3 months prior and said he was in fine shape.
This is a nice interview with Seth talking about MJ as a human being.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1JFR8pmTS4

He was 50 years old and had a set list of over 17 songs, who wouldn't forget a line or 2, I'd cut the guy some slack - -

I'm sorry but how does validity of the lawsuit or who brought the lawsuit has anything to do with my post? Did I anywhere question the validity of the lawsuit or Katherine?

This is United States , everybody is free to sue whoever they want. If they have the proof they win, if they don't they lose. It's as simple as that. I for one NEVER question anybody seeking legal action against anyone.

However I have a problem with misinformation. Those misinformation travels amongst the fans and then you see it being a fact. This is sensitive times, all of us are seeking the truth so I believe that we need to be more careful abut what we present as fact.

Yes Taj took the stand in the probate hearing, yes he supported his grandmother, yes he was against TII movie and the memorabilia tour , yes he said more family input was better to protect Michael's legacy but he didn't say anything about validity of the executors.

You say he clearly believed in a conspiracy but then you say it doesn't matter what he thinks. Then why introduce him as a supporting factor to this lawsuit if you will discredit him in the next post?

so to be clear - I respect your opinion, I have no posts that argues about the validity of the lawsuit either but please let's be more careful or through about the information that we present.

I never said anything about you personally so I don't know where you get that I said you questioned the validity of the lawsuit. The feeling in general from many fans is that they do simply because it is being brought by the Jacksons who one fan said its the Jacksons but then singled out 3T as being different from the Jacksons. I have no doubt that 3T would be in support of this lawsuit and my opinion stands. No one said that my opinion is fact just like no one else's opinion can be taken for fact. The whole thrust of that testimony in court was about to be the executors and it was whittled down to something else. Its clear that the family including 3T who many fans put on a pedestal did not trust the executors and believe that there is a conspiracy in MJ's death. I mentioned 3T because another fan mentioned them as the litmus test. I don't hold that same belief. This lawsuit clearly outlines that conspiracy and calls it such and I support it.

. . . His life was on the line and people are only concerned about how his image is being played out.

But, this is the problem. If his life was on the line at the time, why only comments about wanting a family tour or no publicly expressed concerns of Michael being manipulated, sick, addicted, etc.? Why would some around have been making statements about being excited about he show or how great Michael was only to now say the opposite? Image should have been "da*ned" then not now.

What I meant that it pushed him over the edge because Michael did not say no to these treatments. If anyone was fully functional, no doctor would be able to pump a person full of drugs. A normal person would had said 'hell no', regardless who was forcing them. It is also strange that they could force him to take medication, but not sign a contract to officially hire Murray. That is kind of putting the cart before the horse, imo.

If we go by Lee and Murray's statement, Michael willingly took the drugs that killed him and really did not need AEG to force him. Michael would have been either an addict or handicap in someway for either choice to work.

I also cannot see how he could be so heavily medicated, yet appeared fine except on certain days. One of the days he looked fine is when his last saw his mother. He much had been a great actor since she didn't sense anything wrong and said he was happy.

If Michael so willingly wanted Murray he would have been first along with Murray to sign the contract. So something isn't clear about that. I can't answer why Michael allowed Murray to treat him whether he was forced or not and I definitely don't believe that Michael asked for the amount of medication he got between the 24th and the 25th. But if all angles are not looked at we won't get to the truth and I don't see why people are so dead set against it.

Why isn't the man who actually injected him with proposal not listed in that lawsuit? Oh yeah...he has no money.

Why isn't Tohme Tohme listed...? He was MJ's manager during most of that period...but also friends with some in the Jackson clan.

Money is the root of all evil...and I thing we've seen plenty of evil from every side.

Carry on....

But, this is the problem. If his life was on the line at the time, why only comments about wanting a family tour or no publicly expressed concerns of Michael being manipulated, sick, addicted, etc.? Why would some around have been making statements about being excited about he show or how great Michael was only to now say the opposite? Image should have been "da*ned" then not now.

You do realize you are wasting your time...?

If Michael so willingly wanted Murray he would have been first along with Murray to sign the contract. So something isn't clear about that. I can't answer why Michael allowed Murray to treat him whether he was forced or not and I definitely don't believe that Michael asked for the amount of medication he got between the 24th and the 25th. But if all angles are not looked at we won't get to the truth and I don't see why people are so dead set against it.

The problem is that there is not contract. If it was, why isn't it put along with the lawsuit. Without the a signed contract from all parties, this case will not go passed a hearing, forget everything else. An oral contract does not work with a giant company because there are several individuals of various ranks in a company so one person cannot just say, "you are hired", without the paperwork.

Given what the autopsy said, there was no sign of force, so Michael was not held down and forced to take drugs. He also continued to see Klien after AEG supposedly told him to stop, so they didn't have that much control of him. You are also assuming that Murray told the truth about him given Michael's drugs for 6 weeks. We don't have the full tox and it could be plausible that Murray only gave Michael drugs once and that was on the 25th.

Why isn't the man who actually injected him with proposal not listed in that lawsuit? Oh yeah...he has no money.

Why isn't Tohme Tohme listed...? He was MJ's manager during most of that period...but also friends with some in the Jackson clan.

Money is the root of all evil...and I thing we've seen plenty of evil from every side.

Carry on....

Thome should definitely be listed. But they did leave room to add more defendents.

The problem is that there is not contract. If it was, why isn't it put along with the lawsuit. Without the a signed contract from all parties, this case will not go passed a hearing, forget everything else. An oral contract does not work with a giant company because there are several individuals of various ranks in a company so one person cannot just say, "you are hired", without the paperwork.

Given what the autopsy said, there was no sign of force, so Michael was not held down and forced to take drugs. He also continued to see Klien after AEG supposedly told him to stop, so they didn't have that much control of him. You are also assuming that Murray told the truth about him given Michael's drugs for 6 weeks. We don't have the full tox and it could be plausible that Murray only gave Michael drugs once and that was on the 25th.

You keep saying we don't have the full tox. I'm sure the family does. Just face it. They have more info than we have. And there is a contract with Murray's signature. If MJ wanted him why didn't he sign as well. None of it adds up and everyone should answer so that we can get to the truth.

It would appear they threw the entire kitchen sink into this document, hoping something would stick, perhaps....
Legal documents should not quote assumptions or hearsay, they should & must quote provable fact:
Page 17 section 104:"......."Indeed, by some accounts, Murray waited over an hour and a half to call 911 after discovering Jackson had stopped breathing......." this sounds like Oxman wrote this gem, "By some accounts",
so we have different versions of this story, depending on who's telling it, yet it is included as an example under 5th Cause of Action for Murray's Negligence..Who's account are they quoting??? Murray's 1st, 2nd or 3rd version of it -

Reading through this 18 page document makes me wonder if they called Harvey over at TMZ for clarification. Who by the way ran a story back in Sept. 09 with the Headline: AEG to Murray: Go Pound Salt
http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/17/aeg-to-dr-conrad-murray-lawsuit-michael-jackson-london-concerts/

It would appear they threw the entire kitchen sink into this document, hoping something would stick, perhaps....
Legal documents should not quote assumptions or hearsay, they should & must quote provable fact:
Page 17 section 104:"......."Indeed, by some accounts, Murray waited over an hour and a half to call 911 after discovering Jackson had stopped breathing......." this sounds like Oxman wrote this gem, "By some accounts",
so we have different versions of this story, depending on who's telling it, yet it is included as an example under 5th Cause of Action for Murray's Negligence..Who's account are they quoting??? Murray's 1st, 2nd or 3rd version of it -

Reading through this 18 page document makes me wonder if they called Harvey over at TMZ for clarification. Who by the way ran a story back in Sept. 09 with the Headline: AEG to Murray: Go Pound Salt
http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/17/aeg-to-dr-conrad-murray-lawsuit-michael-jackson-london-concerts/

Well Oxman is not the lawyer and this law firm has their own reputation to uphold. They specialize in personal injury against big corporations so I'm sure they have more experience in dealing with this than you are giving them credit for.

No wonder i am dreading these trials. Don't want these trials, don't care about these trials. When they get through stomping on MJ'S carcass in just about every court room in california, Will he be recognizable.??? And this is justice for MICHAEL.?????

Well Oxman is not the lawyer and this law firm has their own reputation to uphold. They specialize in personal injury against big corporations so I'm sure they have more experience in dealing with this than you are giving them credit for.

I'm still waiting for you to give me examples of the Bad Businessman MJ you were so quick to toss out there....
....crickets...

apparentlly, this law firm don't even know that KJ is not the guardian ad litem

apparentlly, this law firm don't even know that KJ is not the guardian ad litem

What do you mean?

Also, companies of these nature take cases regardless if they can actually win them. From my understanding, whether they win or lose, they will get paid for their services.

. And there is a contract with Murray's signature. If MJ wanted him why didn't he sign as well.

You need to take into consideration date of the contract as well.

If we go by the timeline of events presented in this lawsuit: On May 8th AEG confirms that they would hire Murray (which could be seen as an oral agreement) but they didn't send a written copy of the contract to Murray until June 18th. Then the contract was revised and sent to Murray again on June 23rd. Murray signed it and faxed it to AEG by June 24th night.

Michael died on June 25th.

So by Katherine's lawsuit alleges even though AEG said that they would hire Murray, they were still working on negotiations, revisions. And it looks like the contract didn't have time to make its way to Michael for him to sign.

It's not like Murray and AEG signed the contract 2 months ago and Michael took his time to sign it. The contract wasn't finalized until June 23rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back