La Toya releases new book and single / Summary @ Pg 30 / Pictures @ Pg 33

Re: La Toya to release new book and single on the same day

There's a video promo posted today on the sale of her book and single. I don't know if it was posted here on this thread but here it is.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/60209473.html#cutid1

And as for LaToya's talent, I like what Michael said about her voice:

BNLKd.gif

The king has spoken :)

Catchy tune
"La la la I'm on my own and im finally starting over dancing on my brothers grave tonight..
No regrets L a la la la I only wanna have fun... This party isnt over.. I just wanna have fun
there no rules to what we do a Ménage à trois its up to you ... it dont matter what we do

she did not really say that did she?

Last edited:

For what is LaToya really famous? Is she really known as to be a singer?

Latoya is famous for being a Jackson family member and the sister of some singer named Michael Jackson (lol). Back in the early 90's she was famous for dissing and exposing her family, and posing nude in playboy.

Michael said it and he was right. She sounds like Carol Burnett in one of her comedy sketches. She has no talent at all. She at least use to be beautiful. She could have made it as a pinup model or had a career in Playboy if she wanted to be so famous so badly. Instead she and Mama Katherine forced Michael to write and produce some of her songs for her albums (which bombed). Janet at least went her way and did it her way. I applaud her for that because she might be one of the only Jackson's who supported herself along the way and not use Michael's money.

:

tumblr_lmt4cnq9ue1qjpigho1_400.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Did she really sing she is dancing on her brother's grave?

I know folks even in my own family who went to college and ended up F8cked over my drugs or and lack of confidence that sent their life in a tail spin that are either dead now, still on drugs or have a shitty life. And No their not black, so don't gimme that stupid RACIST shit THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW U DECIDE TO LIVE UR LIFE!

I have been around long enough to know that I need to wait to see what it is said in this book before I blow a gasket.

But I gotta tell ya, just reading 'product descriptions' and other promotional snippets, I can feel my hackles rising ....

I look forward to reading both LaToya and Jermaine's book. I think they will honor Michael because they are both sorry for hurting him in the pass. .

One question. I know of LaToyas tribute song "Home" when MJ died, but had she released anything prior to that? Did she release something in lets say 2004 or did she do it in the 90s?

For what is LaToya really famous? Is she really known as to be a singer?

10 Studio albums
32 Singles
2 Video albums
4 Music videos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Toya_Jackson_discography

Justthefacts;3408469 said:
Catchy tune
"La la la I'm on my own and im finally starting over dancing on my brothers grave tonight..
No regrets L a la la la I only wanna have fun... This party isnt over.. I just wanna have fun
there no rules to what we do a Ménage à trois its up to you ... it dont matter what we do

she did not really say that did she?
Of course not I was just being sarcastic. The song is on her promo video above

^You're wrong. La Toya Jackson is a famous singer with an active music career. I don't care what your opinion of La Toya is, she is a singer. That's fact, not opinion.

^^ She is a singer and she is famous, but she is not famous for singing. That is a fact, sorry.

Thread has been cleaned please stay on topic.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation

Even though I am white I was offended by your post. It seems to have RACIST overtones. you state that
first you laughed it off that to have those negative traits was A Black Thang and then you came to the
conculsion that for the Jackson's You will consider those "Black thang traits" an uneducated thing instead

Memefan Ive never thought of you as being racist
So do you think maybe you just worded your post wrong ?
?

Nope. I meant AND STILL MEAN what I wrote.

FYI: "It's a black thang" can be both viewed as a positive, proud statement (I still see folks wearing it's a black thang t-shirts)...and, as in our case, one with negative connotations.

And If I recall...Michael Jackson himself has used the expression in Schaffel's video....So, I don't see what the fuss is about.

Last edited:

Oh.. so you admit to being a racist?

^You're wrong. La Toya Jackson is a famous singer with an active music career. I don't care what your opinion of La Toya is, she is a singer. That's fact, not opinion.

Really? She is only known for being MJ's playboy-loving sister AND of course, the Jackson without a Gold record

Please do not use the word especially to describe black people.

black people or the Jacksons? Re-read my post...

Memefan is black (to my knowledge) so I highly doubt the post was meant how you perceived it.

:punk:

:bugeyed

I don't see any other way it could be perceived.

And what do you want me to add to that....? As stated before it is my opinion...well, not only mine, but for fairness' sake...let's pretend it's only mine.

To answer your question honestly, No, Latoya is not known as a singer, but most know her as a drama queen, Playboy centerfold.

:clapping:
fairest way to describe her.

What in the world do you mean "It is a black thing"? I didn't know greed and ignorance was a trait exclusive to black people.

It would take me a long while to explain to you what I mean. The expression can be used in both a negative or a positive context. In this particular case (negative of course) Check out ANY Chris Rock comedy show..AND you should get it...if not...well, I am not sure I want to open that can of worms.

It's funny that you bring this up in a La Toya thread. Your comments are probably true for some of the Jacksons, but I don't think that they apply to La Toya.

She wanted to go to college. I think that she wanted to major in business, maybe get a law degree. Anyway, Joe told her that she needed to sing (it's the family business, after all). So, while it's true that she didn't graduate from college, I think we should acknowledge that she did have the desire to further her education.

Also, I'm not sure that La Toya has been living off of handouts from Michael. I think she has her own money. Didn't she help pay for Havenhurst when Michael was having some financial issues?

She is still in bankrupcy court.... Try google.
And no she did not help pay for Hayvenhurst...Katherine Jackson transferred her portion of the house under Latoya's name to hide it from the Koreans. She later sued latoya to get her title restored.

Some of the others did see importance in education. Both Janet and La Toya wanted to go to college to study business law. La Toya even started and was pulled out half way by her father before she could complete it.

Having said that having a college degree is not going to make you anymore honest or better off financially. Having an education is very overated...you also need the drive and the right attitude. I know ppl who have university degrees but are still not so well off financially and still make bad business/life decisions. It all comes down to attitude in the end whether or not you have education.

Your statement was VERY overgeneralized. Are you implying that generally black ppl are ignorant and greedy?

Lol...funny! When you are black...an education is NEVER overrated. Ask Obama. Because no one will give a black person a free pass... I should know. MJ knew.

What part of my statement was OVERGENERALIZED?

10 Studio albums
32 Singles
2 Video albums
4 Music videos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Toya_Jackson_discography

Is your name Jeffrey...? All these albums and not a single one went Gold. smdh

Hmmmmmm....That would be a VERY ignorant assumption.

I am not here to educate you about black people.... If I told you I care whether you think I am racist or not, that would be a bold lie. I don't.

Last edited:

Ok if it makes you happy she's a famous singer with an active music career and not one hit hit record, happy? My neighbor next door is a singer as well and just like Latoya he doesn't have a hit, but unlike Latoya he is not related to Michael Jackson so no one actually gives a crap about him. The only reason Latoya is who she is is due to her MJ relation. Latoya wouldn't have had a history of pulling the stunts she did if she were the one u make her out to be. The fact that she's still a struggling singer (that's exactly what she is, as she doesn't have a hit record/gold record to her name) inspite of being related to Michael Jackson, having released records for over 30 years, having posed nude for Playboy, having sold out her brother numerous times, having pulled various PR stunts back in the 90s, speaks volumes. But you hold on onto your Latoya is famous singer, with an active and successful career opinion, as it's always good to believe in something.

Last edited:

^I will, because it's true.

She is still in bankrupcy court.... Try google.
And no she did not help pay for Hayvenhurst...Katherine Jackson transferred her portion of the house under Latoya's name to hide it from the Koreans. She later sued latoya to get her title restored.

Your post said that the Jacksons (including La Toya) were living off of handouts from Michael. How do you know that La Toya was living off of handouts from Michael?

Isn't the bankruptcy from the mid-90s? She's just working on paying off creditors from that part of her life? I don't see that as evidence that she was living off of Michael's money. It kind of implies that she didn't. If she wanted to live off of Michael's money, why not just ask him to pay off those creditors and be done with it?

You brought up the fact that La Toya isn't widely known as a singer. La Toya didn't want to be singer. She apparently wanted to be a music executive or lawyer. I was under the impression that this is what the whole "Starting Over" thing is about - taking control of her life and doing what she wants to do. She has said that this will be her last album, and that she wants to focus on her business ventures.

Anyway, I do agree with you that education is important. 80% of American millionaires have a bachelors degree.

Ok if it makes you happy she's a famous singer with an active music career and not one hit hit record, happy? My neighbor next door is a singer as well and just like Latoya he doesn't have a hit, but unlike Latoya he is not related to Michael Jackson so no one actually gives a crap about him. The only reason Latoya is who she is is due to her MJ relation. Latoya wouldn't have had a history of pulling the stunts she did if she were the one u make her out to be. The fact that she's still a struggling singer (that's exactly what she is, as she doesn't have a hit record/gold record to her name) inspite of being related to Michael Jackson, having released records for over 30 years, having posed nude for Playboy, having sold out her brother numerous times, having pulled various PR stunts back in the 90s, speaks volumes. But you hold on onto your Latoya is famous singer, with an active and successful career opinion, as it's always good to believe in something.

I love you!!! You're straight to the point, and I like it! :)

Please do not use the word especially to describe black people.

I was going to let this pass, but I cannot. This (^^^) coming from the person who said that Paris speaking in ebonics is indicative of her black roots and could not see anything wrong with that??? I'm going to have to ask you to have a seat.
Thank you.

It would take me a long while to explain to you what I mean. The expression can be used in both a negative or a positive context. In this particular case (negative of course) Check out ANY Chris Rock comedy show..AND you should get it...if not...well, I am not sure I want to open that can of worms.

I would never disrespect my black people my perpetuating negative sterotypes. "It's a black thang" was a phrase that arose from celebrating what made black people unique from our hair to our culture to our heritage to our swag. As usual, some try to take and use it as a means of demeaning blacks. To use a phrase like that when you are talking about ignorant, uneducated, foolish, greedy, lazy, "hand out" folks as if there is some correlation between this and the color of their skin is beyond disgusting and makes me sooooo angry. How in the world can we expect other races to respect us when we don't respect our selves by what we say and relegate ourselves to bottom feeders and then act as if this is ok? If someone white were to speak about the Jacksons and described them as ignorant, greedy, and uneducated and then were to say they were acting like "Typical black folks", there would be an uproar. The fact that it comes from the lips (or hands) of someone black does not make it any less offensive.

JMHO.

Excuse me for being sensitive, but I really do not like the negative generalization of black people.

You brought up the fact that La Toya isn't widely known as a singer. La Toya didn't want to be singer. She apparently wanted to be a music executive or lawyer. I was under the impression that this is what the whole "Starting Over" thing is about - taking control of her life and doing what she wants to do. She has said that this will be her last album, and that she wants to focus on her business ventures.

Well I guess near 60 is just as good a time as any to begin taking your life back.

Last edited:

I look forward to reading both LaToya and Jermaine's book. I think they will honor Michael because they are both sorry for hurting him in the pass. .

I'm sorry, but I don't think MJ would need them to write a book to honor him. They've BOTH written books before, that did nothing but shit on him. They aren't sorry for anything, but the fact that the money has stopped coming in...elsewise you wouldn't see Ms. Latoya and the rest insinuating that those kids are happier now that MJ's gone, or that they are so well-behaved because of Katherine, which is a bold faced lie. Sometimes we need to put down the rose-tinted glasses...

I'm sorry, but I don't think MJ would need them to write a book to honor him. They've BOTH written books before, that did nothing but shit on him. They aren't sorry for anything, but the fact that the money has stopped coming in...elsewise you wouldn't see Ms. Latoya and the rest insinuating that those kids are happier now that MJ's gone, or that they are so well-behaved because of Katherine, which is a bold faced lie. Sometimes we need to put down the rose-tinted glasses...

Oh, don't get me wrong. I am very upset with most of the Jackson family. I have to disagree about LaToya, Marlon, Jackie and Jermaine because they have been the only siblings who have not gone on TV and denigrated Michael about his alleged addictions and their supposed interventions. They have praised Michael for being a good father. It has been Katherine, Rebbie, Janet, Randy and Joe who have implied the veils, and home schooling was bad for them. Katherine seems to also be trying to take credit for them being well mannered and happier.

Rewind: Katherine sued Latoya in order to get the house back? I didn't know that. Sad enough I'm not shocked either.

And how could anyone deny LaToya as a singer? How dare some of you!. You're just jealous because LaToya is prettier and has a better voice then all of you. She is a goddess that was brought to us to enlighten our lives, how dare you speak ill of her. Haterz. (!)

It's okay LaToya. We know you are fully talented and can out-sing Celine Dion and Mariah Carey at first round.
Haterz are gonna hate, but you are a fierce talented woman. You show them gurl.

tumblr_lmg5wt1L4K1qj44vpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lmuefg2Bhd1qkbu0ho1_400.jpg

Now back to reality:

LaToya is NOT talented nor does she have a creative cell in her body to show her talent. She has no talent. Her last name is Jackson. Amen.

Not even as a Playboy model . How hard is it to be sexy & pose & model in front of a camera? LaToya's pictorial reminded me of that crazy old aunt we all have in every family, where they do something stupid just to show the family that they are still young and rebellious at 47. And that poor snake. God help that poor snake that made an appearance in one of her shots. I hope that wasn't Muscles.

If Latoya wanted to be a serious actress or singer she would have gone her way to study that art. If she wanted to be a lawyer, she would have been a lawyer. She herself said in an interview next to Michael that she wanted Michael's success (that famous fountain interview).

I know Joe was a ***)(&^^%%$( to his kids and it must have been unbearable to live with the man, but Janet and Michael were able to break away from Joe and lead a successful career on their own. To me, Latoya wanted to stay in that crazy house. Same as I don't believe for a second that her husband forced her to do Playboy and call her brother Michael the unthinkable on several TV shows in order to sell her book. I don't know how Michael was able to be in the same room with that woman in the later years. Or have his children around her. I wouldn't trust Latoya with my rottweiler.

In death she sold Michael's children to the press and the media talking about their personal lives and what they did in the days that their dad died. Parading his kids in the media a few months ago for the sake of helping Japan. She's writing yet another book about her brother. I wanna know who the f*** she's gonna blame this time for writing this new book. Joe? Katherine? In time we'll see. Why doesn't she parade Jermaine's kids in sake of helping the victims of Japan? Oh yeah, no one really cares for them, they just want Michael's kids.

In ways I am glad Michael isn't here to witness his family's betrayal & craziness. I picture him dancing in heaven carefree knowing they can never hurt him again.

tumblr_lmutmvO3zo1qg7m3fo1_500.gif

Last edited:

^ Wow, that is truly a hateful, negative post.

So tell me, why did you go to ALL that effort and time to write that all out? To exude all that negativity against Michael's sister?

Apparently, this needs to be reposted in every thread in 2300. So I'll go ahead and post it now in this thread:

Dear members,

The state of the 2300 Jackson Street forum has become of concern to many members and MJJC staff alike. The tone has become so bad in here that we have been left with no choice but to take drastic and swift action.

We are implementing a new 3 strike system, which after 3 strikes you will have your viewing and posting privileges in this section revoked until further notice.

Strikes will be given for:

•Disrespecting Michael as a way to 'big up' or defend other family members. This happens, whether subtly, or quite overtly and it will NOT be tolerated. This is a MICHAEL JACKSON board, and he will remain the number 1 priority here. There are other places on the web where you can do this, but not here please.
•Over the top name calling of Jackson family members. We understand there are a lot of issues with the Jackson family, concerning their actions. We are not saying you cannot criticise and question this, but please do it in a way that doesn't resort to excessive and nasty name calling. In other words, tone it down.
•Constant derailing of threads about certain family members. If a thread is about say, Janet on a magazine cover, please keep it to that topic. There is no need to take that thread back to what Janet said/did who knows when. If we don't enforce this, the board becomes a free for all and if not for anything other than organisational purposes, a nightmare.
•Drug addict claims about Michael Jackson in the final stages are not welcome here, or in any other part of MJJC. The autopsy report refutes this, there is NO proof that this is the case, so please do not bring that false information here claiming it to be true.

If any of these are observed in your posts 3 times, your posting privileges will be revoked.

Please also, if you see this happening report the post referencing the 2300 Street section strike system.

MJJC will always remain impartial on these matters, while we always have our own opinions as staff members, these issues are dealt with equally on each side, whether it be family supporters or family unsupporters for want of a better word!

Thankyou for reading, if you have any questions/comments please leave them here.

Team MJJC

Please take note.

Back