La Toya releases new book and single / Summary @ Pg 30 / Pictures @ Pg 33

Re: La Toya to release new book and single on the same day

That promo did crap for me!

:lol:

Why would I have to buy a book to know who MJ killers are? That's if she even name them? It'll be most likely guessing? :smilerolleyes:

Seriously, how can she put a price on the truth about MJs death? Go to the police if ya know the truth La Toya?! Don't sell be a freakin book. :no:
You're right, if she had some inkling about someone who she thinks murdered her brother, don't write about it in your book, get to the police and demand they listen to what you have to say.
I think this is all just a ploy to make MJ fans want to buy the book, because in reality we are the only market for this book

:agree:

Finally starting over is coming out, the songs thta i heard sounded good. I am interested in reading what she has to say now that's it's on her own terms and there is not one else to blame for influencing her actions. Latoya has a story to tell, people forget she is a victim of domestic violence, she had overcome alot and i'm glad she is Finally being able to start over.

latoyajackson La Toya Jackson
Don't 4get 2 START OVER on JUNE 21st! Remember no matter what you've been through, or go through, "IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO START OVER!"
5 hours ago

RUSHING! RUSHING! Have so much 2 do before my book tour starts! Doing my music video next week, gotta leave town late tonight 4 business.
5 hours ago

RUSHING! RUSHING! Have so much 2 do before my book tour starts! Doing my music video next week, gotta leave town late tonight 4 business. 5 hours ago
Damn, girl don't work to hard u might fall an bump yo head and get amnesia and forget to tell us who MJ killers are....AGAIN?!:smilerolleyes:

I know La Toya been through some sh*t with her ex and all of that...but, it shouldn't take a book to tell us who MJ killers are, if that's is what she will do? I mean for real this is where my beef is with this book. She went on TV how many times? And she never mentioned any names! But, if I pay $ for her book she might? Mmmm how lovely! Just saying!

Has this been posted?

"Singer and bestselling author La Toya Jackson will be signing copies of her forthcoming memoir "Starting Over" at Barnes & Noble on Wednesday, June 22 in New York City.

La Toya has always been deemed as the most outspoken out of the Jackson children. And now Jackson is doing just that, by revealing intimate moments she shared with her brother, Michael Jackson.

"Starting Over" is a heartfelt memoir riddled with behind-the-scenes details that she believes led to The King Of Pop's death. She always sheds light on what led to the destruction of her brother. The book promises to leave no stone unturned, as La Toya will reveal secrets that have surrounded Michael and the other Jackson children for years"

". . . "behind the scenes details that she believes led to the King of Pop's death . . .

That one word "believes" will be the major problem. I don't want to know what she believes (translation "thinks") happens; I just want facts. Also, what is with LaToya thinking she should reveal anyone's secrets other than her own. That is rather crappy (trying to be nice in the words I choose). "Starting Over" is an appropriate title as she is starting over making her fame once again on the back of Michael. People can write and say whatever now; who is going to contradict or correct. It is like Michael's life is now everyone else's however they want to make it.

The book is about her life yet the promo is all about Michael. And the release date screams "I'm capitalizing off my brother's death." At some point it becomes sad.

What has LaToya said concerning Michael being controlled and drug use in the past?

What I find interesting is that people, even family friends like K. Hilton, who were actually around Michael all say that they did not see evidence of drug abuse, control, etc. Yet, family members who have repeated said that their contact with Michael was limited usually claim the opposite.

All I know is that it is sad that people get knots in their stomach when family members are about to speak about Michael.

If La Toya names anyone in her book, there will be news articles about it upon release: "Michael Jackson's sister La Toya reveals his true killer!"

The book is about her life yet the promo is all about Michael. And the release date screams "I'm capitalizing off my brother's death." At some point it becomes sad.

What has LaToya said concerning Michael being controlled and drug use in the past?

What I find interesting is that people, even family friends like K. Hilton, who were actually around Michael all say that they did not see evidence of drug abuse, control, etc. Yet, family members who have repeated said that their contact with Michael was limited usually claim the opposite.

All I know is that it is sad that people get knots in their stomach when family members are about to speak about Michael.

Right... *sigh* It's very hurtful too.. very.

proving that she hasn't changed one bit. SMDH Latoya, I'm not gonna get that book if someone would give me a million bucks for it, I'll NEVER support your sorry ass.

In my opinion, LaToya knows NOTHING and what she has to say will merely mimick what she has already stated over and over again.

She is in NO position to name any names. LOL! She would need a "butt-load" of evidence and facts if she were to do that, and as far as I'm concerned, she has neither evidence nor facts. If she did, and it was VIABLE INFORMATION, we would have heard about said viable information a long, long time ago.

In my opinion, her and her book publisher are PLAYING on the fact that Michael's fans are hungry for anything related to him, but little do they know, Michael's fans ain't as stupid and gullible as they think. LOL!

I mean, let's be for real, LaToya has been following that SAME SCRIPT since Michael died. I seriously doubt that "script" will be changing whether those words are spoken or written in a book.

What irks me is the tone of some of those tweets. She is promoting this book with focus on Michael's death yet she sounds giddy over the book release. Even if you are writing what you perceive to be the truth, how on earth can you be excited and happy about the book simply because of the subject matter.

It appears to be hard balancing career and having to use Michael to help that career along.

Don't 4get 2 START OVER on JUNE 21st! Remember no matter what you've been through, or go through, "IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO START OVER!"
5 hours ago

RUSHING! RUSHING! Have so much 2 do before my book tour starts! Doing my music video next week, gotta leave town late tonight 4 business.
5 hours ago

:girl_whistle:

In my opinion, LaToya knows NOTHING and what she has to say will merely mimick what she has already stated over and over again.

She is in NO position to name any names.

In my opinion, her and her book publisher are PLAYING on the fact that Michael's fans are hungry for anything related to him, but little do they know, Michael's fans ain't as stupid and gullible as they think. LOL!
It appears to be hard balancing career and having to use Michael to help that career along.

:agree:

Sad, sad, sad......

Every time I try to give Ms Jackson the benefit of the doubt, she slaps me in my face. Serves me right!

Even the staunchest supporter of the Jackson family has to acknowledge that talking about her past as a battered wife and the murder of her brother are TWO COMPLETELY UN-RELATED THINGS (unless she is going to claim that the forces behind Michael's murder were also behind her abusive husband).

If she is 'starting over' - fine. Great! It is a noble intention. But that has nothing to do with Michael's murder! It is two separate books.

Furthermore, as others have said, do not write a book containing information/proof that should be provided to the police (I am hoping it has been shared with the LAPD) and would therefore be a part of the criminal case against Murray. Would that not be prejudicial? Depending on what the alleged proof, what happens if it helps Murray's defense?

Why call the book "Starting Over" and make the promo about exposing the conspiracy and oh, by the way, you will talk about this horrible thing that happened to you?

Why put a photo of you and Michael on the cover if it is mainly a memoir about you and your travails? Are you starting over with Michael, because of Michael, with Michael's help because he has so inspired you? What has Michael got to do with your 'starting over'?

As I feared, the main reason Michael is on the cover and his murder is such an integral part of her memoir, is because Ms Jackson has leveraged her alleged closeness to her brother (remember she signed the death certificate!) to legitimatise her money grab.

That promo is clear manipulation - we have the words out of Michael's mouth, the ambulance siren, the fans chanting in the vain hope that Michael would live, that god-awful noise when someone flatlines! And it is EXTREMELY distasteful to me, sorry. I do not appreciate your playing with my emotions so close to the anniversary of Michael's murder.

Some members of this family ... the words just fail me .....

proving that she hasn't changed one bit. SMDH Latoya, I'm not gonna get that book if someone would give me a million bucks for it, I'll NEVER support your sorry ass.

:clapping:

That promo is clear manipulation - we have the words out of Michael's mouth, the ambulance siren, the fans chanting in the vain hope that Michael would live, that god-awful noise when someone flatlines! And it is EXTREMELY distasteful to me, sorry. I do not appreciate your playing with my emotions so close to the anniversary of Michael's murder.

Glad I didn't watch the promo then. I can't even watch footage from that day on tv. From the beginning the write up on the book turns me off. They make a distinction between Michael's death and his destruction so to me it screams more bs and trampling of MJ's character and person. I honestly wish LaToya the best in her life but I will not support her in this endeavor.

http://twitter.com/latoyajackson
I'm reading it now in my hotel room in Las Vegas and I can't believe as I read it over again all that I've written, WOW!
1 hour ago

This is my autobiography, it's tells everything that has happened in my life since my last book in 1991, 20 years ago.
1 hour ago

Every question about me you ever wanted answered, is in this book!
1 hour ago

Get ready 2 start over N 12 days! On JUNE 21! "STARTING OVER," my new book, I left NOTHING OUT! This is the book I thought I'd never write!
1 hour ago

OMG are you serious?????? that is just totally disrespectful to michael..how....:cry:...*walks away from the thread8

....Why call the book "Starting Over" and make the promo about exposing the conspiracy and oh, by the way, you will talk about this horrible thing that happened to you?

Why put a photo of you and Michael on the cover if it is mainly a memoir about you and your travails? Are you starting over with Michael, because of Michael, with Michael's help because he has so inspired you? What has Michael got to do with your 'starting over'?

This is exactly what I've been asking...it is clear she is using Michael for sales...unethical business IMO..there was no need to bring the whole Michael Jackson death conspiracy into it since it is about her life over the last 20 years (as she says in her tweets)...I bet you anything the whole death conspiracy makes up only one or two chapters towards the end of the book and is nothing we haven't already heard... her publicity team seems to be milking everything out of that one chapter for the promotion coz they think michael sells....

Whatta...? .... Sure won't going to be watching that horrible promo by the sounds of it. ...

Some real dark forces are messin' with LaToya's head... too much tackiness and unmerited sensationalism and 0.o'ness only tabs would go after... Terrible, plain terrible and just .. wow... 0.o... no further words.

So MJ was killed because of ATV? where is ATV? Who benefitted?
Same story and I am willing to. Bet my everything madam latoya is not going to name any name in her little book.
She is manipulating MJ fans and telling them what some wanted to here, MJ was murder, without ant clare evidence or even a well though out conspiracy theory to go by.
I am only reading it for free.

and she is helping her mother to raise mj3 .smh
i know this is not relevant but still i am just dumb folded by action of his family.

Disgusting, hypocritical comes to mind.....

Michael is being used here once again clearly!

am I the only one that's confused about this book? Is it about Latoya, is it about Michael? It is a book telling Latoya's life events since her last book? Is it about who "murdered" Michael? What is it?

am I the only one that's confused about this book? Is it about Latoya, is it about Michael? It is a book telling Latoya's life events since her last book? Is it about who "murdered" Michael? What is it?

It is about money.

Lol who knows. We'll have to wait for reviews to find out what it's about. All the previews and promos La Toya has released reveal a different plot. :lol:

Back