Larry Fortensky on MJ: "He's a real person"

''Finally, a real person I can talk to.''

hope he wasnt being sarcastic. :) because of what he already said about celebrities and then michael being the biggest celeb.

thanks for that info.

Thank you very much..... it warms my heart hearing stories like that and they doesn't surprise me at all...... MJ is probably one of the people on this planet who are most down to earth, normal and friendly with anyone. I love those stories.....thank you.

MJ is THE man!!!!!

Reading that made me smile. I wish the whole world would read that. Thank you for posting. :)

Same here, people should read that, not all the tabloid shit.

That was lovely to read. It's funny because Michael has this aura that screams superstar but then, he is one of the humblest people you could probably ever meet. It's really rare. Thanks for posting.

WOW! thanks alot for posting that :yes:
it's amazing, and it made me smile too

Was it this wedding? ;

mjlizs-wedding3.jpg

He was wearing some cool shoes btw;

hell01091-5832.jpg

pressandpublishing

Last edited:
yeah..people do forget MJ is a real person, sometimes.

and the way Larry made the comparison in that matter-of-fact-catch-him-in-the-moment way was mind blowing! especially considering how MJ is portrayed as the space cadet, and every other hollywoodite is portrayed as normal, in a celebrity sort of way.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting that quote from the book. That was great to read.

You know, I was thinking something similar last night as I was listening to "Invincible" (one of my favourite MJ albums). I was wondering how it could be, that I and so many tens of thousands of people could fall in love with Michael simply through listening to his music. It is not just admiration for his art or an infatuation with his fame or beauty. It is more than that. It is a sense of knowing the man and being blessed by his being. Well, the wonderful thing about art, is that all artists give us part of themselves in their creations, and to the degree that they have made themselves vulnerable, we have seen a snippet of what is true in their art, and we have to some degree experienced intimacy with them, even despite never meeting them personally. Even when an actor plays a role, if he plays it brilliantly, it is because he has inhabited the role and drawn upon some real aspect of his own experience to create the person that he is representing. Even though Michael assumes roles in his music that are larger than his own life, he never the less is completely honest in drawing from his own depths what he needs to convey the story in his song. And we sense that. And we are humbled to have been given the gift of his being through his art.

So, having thought about how real Michael is to us in his music--real enough to endear him to us as a most treasured friend, even when we have never met him fact to face, I contemplated how real Michael would seem as an actual friend. Even in LWMJ, one could see his sincerity with Bashir, struggling at times beneath his attempts to protect his privacy and avoid being manipulated (as the interview progressed and it became evident to Michael that Bashir might not be as trust-worthy a reporter as he had hoped.) I'm not surprised therefore to read Larry Fortensky's comment about Michael being a "real" person. I have never ever seen him behave pretentiously, even though he is one of the most famous, wealthy, talented, adulated and awarded men on the planet. How does he remain so unaffected? Perhaps it is his childlike nature--a purity of soul that most of us have lost as our egos have struggled to affirm our significance.

Wow that's exactly how I feel. I couldn't have said it better.

Wow, Michael looks so sexy on that magazine cover! :wub:

Back