LaToya Jackson in Russia for the National Award of Muses-tv 2010

Moulin Rouge

Proud Member
Latoya Jackson is in Moscow to receive on behalf of brother Michael Jackson the national Award of Muses-tv 2010 "For the contribution to the international pop culture". She and a bunch of other artist performed Earth Song.

[youtube]ENvZiNy0P2E[/youtube]

[youtube]0cdl3A6DgfY[/youtube]

Uhm....LaToya?????:doh::scratch:has she had something done? is accepting awards her duty now?

With that said, I liked the performance of the artists.

Last edited:
Latoya Jackson is in Moscow to receive on behalf of brother Michael Jackson the national Award of Muses-tv 2010 "For the contribution to the international pop culture". She and a bunch of other artist performed Earth Song.

[youtube]ENvZiNy0P2E[/youtube]
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:
[youtube]0cdl3A6DgfY[/youtube]

dead,,,

I liked their performance of Earth Song - they did a good job. Latoya looked very pretty too. Thanks for sharing.:flowers:

so it's true, she did sing. good thing I decided not to watch. I am trying to stay away from all the LaToya in Russia news.........

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f-g3KGeC-AI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f-g3KGeC-AI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Funny how Earth Song is finally getting recognized due to This Is It, although the song came out 14 years ago. Bless Michael

It's always been massively recognised as a big MJ hit in the UK.

It was number one in the UK when it came out.

And according to Wikipedia '' The song was a top five hit in most European countries. In the UK, it remains Jackson's best-selling single. "Earth Song" was not released as a single in the United States.''

In the UK I'd say it sits alongside the usuals Beat It, Bad, Billie Jean etc. & always has.

Earth Song is a Masterpiece, and it needs to be in perpetual performance around this planet, Earth. This was a good production of the song, :clapping:and LaToya's performance (especially considering her talent level) was good.

what REALLY bugs me about THIS....I dont understand why all these people are giving Michael these awards now as to opposed as to when he was alive...to me they pretty much mean nothing now.....Michael is NOT HERE to appreciate these awards....I think he would of LOVED to of gotten these awards....ya now the saying.....to little to late..

I really appreciate that even country like Russia is giving some award to Michael.

LaToya is like an ambassador of Michael Jackson Tribute awards, and I think its OK.
Its Michael not her who gets such awards... and thats the point.

what REALLY bugs me about THIS....I dont understand why all these people are giving Michael these awards now as to opposed as to when he was alive...to me they pretty much mean nothing now.....Michael is NOT HERE to appreciate these awards....I think he would of LOVED to of gotten these awards....ya now the saying.....to little to late..

Exactly...
When I see these "tributes" I think to myself: Where have you been when he was alive????
:doh:

I really appreciate that even country like Russia is giving some award to Michael.

you make it sound like we are some sort of a village somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

i agree with you. i had a feeling that they did this tribute just because every award show in the world had had tributes and they wanted to be like the rest of the world. it's fashionable to be a Michael Jackson fan now. and it can be said not just about this show, but about so many shows around the world.... Although I have to admit, some of those people onstage in this tribute are Michael's fans and I think they were sincere...

I didn't watch the performance but after reading all the comments I assume it's not good. Well, I am not surprised... Our pop performers suck and most of them can't sing at all. But at least, they tried and probably some young people will see this performance and it will make them want to know more about Michael and who knows maybe it will urge them to make a little space to make a better place.....

Re: Latoya Performs Michael Jackson’s “Earth Song” At Russian Muz-TV Awards

yeah, it was published in the 2300 Jackson street section :)

Re: Latoya Performs Michael Jackson’s “Earth Song” At Russian Muz-TV Awards

Does'nt she need an approval from the estate to use MJ's song?

Latoya arriving

2qdbhwh.jpg

1zc0met.jpg

15sa1zn.jpg

i'm kinda surprised. Latoya sounds good on that performance. and it's nice to know that the usa is smaller than they think they are. i'm glad to know Earth Song was such a big hit, abroad. it cancelled out the usa media's attempts to silence Michael. but actually, i think it was a top 5 hit, here in the usa. but, then, i could be imagining it, cus i want it to be, so bad.

Back