Legacy Records email to radio stations confirms Superbowl Commercial (update on pg 5)

Re: Epic email confirms Superbowl Commercial

Source: Epic and www.legacyrecordings.com
Email was sent to radio stations.
25th Anniversary BONUS TRACKS HISTORY was also sent out. (see below)

25th Anniversary Michael Jackson THRILLER
bonus tracks

In addition to the original 9 songs, 7 bonus tracks have been added to the biggest selling album of all time THRILLER .

The following is an explanation/description of these new, all previously unreleased, bonus tracks.

1. Vincent Price voice over and ghoulish laughter.

2. ‘Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008’ – Michael Jackson with Akon.
This is a new track produced by Akon and Michael, featuring Akon’s vocal and a brand new 2008 MJ vocal track.
Not a remix but a new version of this classic.

3. ‘P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) 2008’ – Michael with will.i.am.
This is not a remix of the original album track, in fact it is a different song - although the chorus is similar - written entirely by Michael. It was the original pre-album demo, and it is now remixed by MJ and will and features added will.i.am vocals and production.

4. ‘The Girl Is Mine 2008’ – Michael with will.i.am.
This new version is based on an earlier demo than the MJ and Paul McCartney album classic. This is not a remix of the album track but a whole new previously unreleased track – reproduced and mixed anew by MJ and will and features a will.i.am rap.

5. ‘Billie Jean 2008’ – remixed by Kanye West.
A new remix of the mega-hit, from the original tracks.

6. ‘Beat It 2008’ with Fergie.
This new version is both a remix and a new track – Michael’s vocals and most of the instruments are derived from the original sensational album track. Fergie’s vocal, additional band tracks and the production by will.i.am and MJ are new.

7. ‘For All Time’
This beautiful new classic was recorded by Michael in 1982 and never completed or released. He has now completed the song and added to the original production with new vocals and band tracks. Majestically mixed by Mick Guzawski, this newly produced track by MJ is a worthy addition and appropriate closer to THRILLER – the biggest selling album of all time – ‘For All Time.’

Re: Epic email confirms Superbowl Commercial

so new vocals on For All Time then?

Unbelievable...MJ sounds excellent.

*Excited!!*
snoopydancessm.gif
Only Michael could make me sit through the whole Superbowl. I will have to take bathroom breaks during the game as to not miss any commercials. :lol: Thanks for the news! :D

Yeh, I don't want to have to sit through the whole Superbowl either. I don't like American Football and I'm not thrilled about watching Tom Petty doing the halftime show. This will be the second year in a row I've watched it. Last year was because Prince performed. But it was well worth it. He was amazing. This better be one awesome TV advert.

As far as I know the game starts 6:30PMEST on FOX. Should we start watching earlier though?

Epic email to radio for WBSS single release to radio:

Michael Jackson w/ Akon
"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008"

Celebrating the Thriller 25th Anniversary of the World's Biggest Selling Album of All Time

New CD Re-Package Available 2.12.08

The World's Biggest Album just got bigger featuring previously unreleased tracks with will.i.am, Fergie, Kayne West and Akon

Feb.3 Super Bowl XLII TV Spot

Feb.10 Grammy Tribute featuring will.i.am, Akon and Fergie

Mid-Feb. BET Honors include a tribute to Michael Jackson

Thriller 25 MySpace and Facebook launch January

Massive Press, TV, Radio, Online and Outdoor Advertising campaign to launch Feb. 1
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Michael is back forever :yes: :yes: :yes:

"
7. ‘For All Time’
This beautiful new classic was recorded by Michael in 1982 and never completed or released. He has now completed the song and added to the original production with new vocals and band tracks. Majestically mixed by Mick Guzawski, this newly produced track by MJ is a worthy addition and appropriate closer to THRILLER – the biggest selling album of all time – ‘For All Time.’"

===

I Must hear it! another brand new vocals aside from WBSS

:punk::D When is Superbowl aired? Superbowl is only big in USA and i cant understans how it is so popular. I never understand the rules, but thats way offtopic now. So when is it? Wohoo i have made over 200 posts thats cool! I think I will post more on this forum, its fun. And nice people too.

Last edited:
I have to admit that Sony is doing a decent job at this point with advertizing.. Of corse I think they could do alot more.. But it's more than I expected..

I think in store promotional banners are the best way to do it.. and pre-order abilitities in store.. etc..

ONLY A GUESS.. But I am guessing that Michael Jackson is doing this project with Sony to see how they will promote.. like a TESTER.. TO see if he'd be willing to release his next album with them or not.. If they do/did a bad job promoting, then he would go somewhere else.. If they do well, then he'll release it with them, maybe sign a new contract..

I mean Thriller obviously does not need any more sales and success.. lol!

think it's a possible plan of his???

KOPV, I think that's exactly what is happening here. Sony says they'll actually put in some effort and, provided MJ does the same, they do some ads, put on a show at the Grammys (Which, for the first time in 8 years, I actually expect. I think it's a major reason they're refusing to cancel the show), and see how the sales go. If the album is successful, the new album will get released through Sony. If not, MJ will have to find a new label.

Although I didn't bother posting because I wasn't 100% convinced of its authenticity, Diane Dimond (yes her, and yes she's still obsessed with Michael Jackson :lol:) posted this same information about the tracks and promotional plans several days ago. I guess she also got the memo from a radio station...

For what it's worth, and since most everything else has been confirmed by a separate source, here are a few other details that DD posted, supposedly from these Sony-BMG memos:

"On top of all the fantastic new tracks there are many things in the works that we are going to do to make 2008 truly the year of THRILLER," according to the SONY-BMG memo traffic. Specifically mentioned: Grammy involvement (as in Michael Jackson will appear – and maybe sing?) – A planned TV special (featuring just Michael or the long discussed reunion with his brothers?) and potential live shows. Hmmmmmm. Wonder what they mean by that and who might be scheduled to perform at these live shows? Watch for involvement with YouTube, Facebook, iLike, iTunes, I’ve learned.

Also on the planning plate: A mid-February BET Honors tribute to Michael Jackson and a major new TV, Radio, Online and Outdoor advertising campaign to launch February 8th...

LATE INFO JUST IN ON THIS: There's a possibility - a POSSIBILITY - that Michael Jackson may appear in a SUPERBOWL commerical! It's unconfirmed right now but I'm told MJ cut a TV commerical for a company that makes specialized beverages and the plan is to unveil the finished product during the highly anticipated telecast on February [3rd]...

Last edited:
Although I didn't bother posting because I wasn't 100% convinced of its authenticity, Diane Dimond (yes her, and yes she's still obsessed with Michael Jackson :lol:) posted this same information about the tracks and promotional plans several days ago. I guess she also got the memo from a radio station...
where's dd posting all this stuff. is it on her myspace? can't believe she's still obsessed w/MJ.

Ohh, I hate it when the dragon lady has reliable sources. It probably makes her think she's actually credible.

Well, this is good news. Michael IS participating by rerecording vocals and producing the tracks on his own. It's a re-release of a 25 year old album. Expecting him to waste, yes, WASTE, his first performance since the trial ended on it seems unfair to me.

Last edited:
It's nice to see Sony actually promoting Michael and the album. Needless to say they f*cked up big time with Invincible's promotion. They owe Michael BIG TIME for that. Even if all goes well, if I'm Michael, I DON'T release the next all new album with Sony unless they come out and admit that what happened with Invincible was their fault, and they back Michael 110% on the new album.

If they don't, go elsewhere (Clive Davis at J Records anyone? J...for Jackson ;) )

This is so effing exciting and, for the first time in years, I actually believe it! I don't know about MJ in a superbowl commercial, but I do think he'll be at the Grammy's even if just an appearance on stage during a performance. All he needs is that little momentum and off he goes. The Super Bowl commercial would be incredibly awesome.

Especially if the Patriots were to complete their perfect season!

Man, I wish She would shut up about him! I can't stand his name coming out of her mouth period, be it N or P.! She should never utter his beautiful name out her dirty mouth again

But Thank for the tidbits TSCM, I'm soooooooooooo excited!!!! Even though, I still want to kick DD's ass

If you want to kick DD's ass then I hope you have Shaq-sized feet.

soooooo....in sort. DD is saying MJ's back with Pepsi? :lol:

PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Diane.BS. lol

He'd be slurpin on a soda can in front of all us...girls...:lol:

Yeah I hope he floors everyone at the Grammys. ;)

If I had to guess, it would be that we'll see Will.I.Am, Fergie, and Akon performing the T25 melody and MJ will come in and sing his part on WBSS. If he did the new PYT too that would be fantastic. Will.I.Am really did a tremendous job with these remakes.

Back