Legacy Records email to radio stations confirms Superbowl Commercial (update on pg 5)

Re: Epic email confirms Superbowl Commercial

you seem to take this to personally. the succcess of a new album will depend on the promo and quality of it not because of what a 25 year old re release did 6 months earlier. so what if mj cant be bothered and has no intrest in promoting thriller again? so what if hes only intrested in doing "comeback" performances for the new album? seems like its the be all and end all to some i know its a shock but the gen public aint gonna give a toss what thriller 25 did when it comes to them buying the new album or not. it will depends on what the new album is like and whether theres proper promo/performances etc. 25 will have nothing to do with it especially when we have no idea if the new album will even be out soon.its a money maker and nothing more.

Last edited:

I agree that it's a money maker,but it's worth your money.

can i just ask again.. is the email on the first post in this thread even legit?

IFFF the grammy thing is true it would be cool to see the tribute.. the songs remixed all feature someone (will ferg akon), and they could perform as a tribute.. except billie jean which is still solo.. would be a nice end to the tribute for mike to burst onto the stage after all the artist cover his songs and perform something (like billie jean) himself. i dont even dare to dream it though:lol:

and oops double post**
but is the epic email valid? or fake?

Last edited:

the mail sounds intertesting
wish michael was there but somehow i think he s planning to return on stage alone with a smashing performance to stop all bashers from tlking nonsens for ever:lol:

a re release of thriller will not get his career back on track.lol new music/albums/videos will do that. some fans seem to be acting like this is some sort of comeback.

well that kinda sums it up. as a sony re psupposedly said "j*cko fans will buy anything". no need for mj to do anything when you will go out and buy it anyway.

So Sony are only relying on MJs fans to buy this? Doubt otherwise why all the promos. Just tell us when and where and we'll buy it. But thats not the case. Sony wants the mainstream ppl to buy this which is who made Thriller successful in the first place. It wasnt just 50 million MJ fans buying it.

I know this is not a comeback album, BUT it I'm sure it is being included as part of the run up to the new (i.e. comeback) album.
This is supposed to concentrate the public on michael Jackson's success and talent. It is intended to improve Michael Jackson's public image so that when the new album does hit it is greeted with more enthusiasm and positivity than it would otherwise have done. Without good promo behind Thriller 25, it may not sell as anywhere near as many copies as it could and seem to the public (and the press may spin it this way don't forget) as a failure. That kind of negative attention about MJ being a has-been and nobody is interested any more, people don't want to buy his material etc is exactly the opposite of what Mike needs to rebuild his career. Therefore I still maintain that if Mike really wants his career to get back on track he needs Thriller 25 to e seen as a success story, and for that he should go out an promote it properly. why should Kanye, Akon and Fergie go out and promote it if he can't be bothered himself? Why should the BETs give Thriller 25 any coverage if he can't be bothered to promote it himself?

Too many people here are thinking about the short game, when they need to be thinking about the wider picture. Thriller 25 success = greater chance of new album success. Simple as that.

Well said.

From Sony's point of view, MJs first new album will be his first since his trial. So instead of the world saying this is MJs first album since the trial, they want T25 to remind the world why Michael Jackson is so great in the first place, not to think of how he was recently accused and aquited of yada yada yada........

Get MJs popularity back up with what already worked which was THE biggest selling album, then release brand new MJ music, videos etc. Its all about hype and image. And MJ is in dire need of a image boost (No not his personal appearance). So to boost MJs image with the already successful T25, MJ needs to make appearances to add to the hype. The second MJ shows its all over the news and entertainment news. When they show MJ on TV it would be talking about how successful T25 is, not talking about how Invincible was a failure (which is only compared to MJs previous albums. Invincible was more successful than most albums that year!) and how MJ hasnt got money despite making millions in his sleep with royalties alone!

You see it does build up as a big publicity campaign for Michael Jackson, not just one album!

I dont think Michael will sing but I think they will sing his songs

Yeah baby!!!!!!!! Let the promotion begin! I have a feeling thriller 25 will be bigger in the US than it is in the UK. lol

I hope MJ is atleaast at the grammys so they acknowledge him. By the way is the tribute just each of them singing their own remix? That would take up a lot of time for one artist one wouldn't it? Would grammys let one person use them so much for promotion?

Or do they have something else in mind?

Last edited:

Okay im going to be honest...

This is getting depressing. I had expected 2008 to be THE YEAR of MJ. And in the past several weeks I have heard no news regarding Michael Jackson's wherabouts, his plans, NOTHING! This is not starting off good on Michael's behalf. Heres what I mean:

Sony has done an amazing job. I will give them credit, they have organized all these amazing things such as the BET honors which Michael was supposed to attend (he didnt). They gave him a Facebook, Myspace, I-Like, updated his wesbite, advertised on Amazon.com, advertised on I-tunes, organized fan events in London for the album launch, and the list is growing. Now we have the Grammy's, and Superbowl approaching. There have been no confirmation that Jackson will even show up! Like I dont know about the rest of you but im tired of "tributes", "videos honouring Michael", etc. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Michaels music being put in the spotlight but I want to see Michael himself! Is this too much to ask? I would think an artist would want to promote any new piece of work they are releasing. But not Michael...apparently he is couped up in some Vegas hotel, barly leaving the room. Like come on? What is his problem!! He should be out chatting online to his fans, make a surprise appearance on Myspace, or Facebook, tape an audio recording to his fans to get them all excited, planning Thriller 25 performances around the world to spark a big interest. He should be attending award shows, sport events (aka SUPERBOWL). But no... Michael Jackson is not doing anything. He hasn't been in the media since his shopping trip to Best Buy wearing those band-aids. Thats the last the world has seen him...

Im sorry to carry on like this but we are almost done January and Michael is hiding away from the world, not contacting his fans or doing any publicity at all. What does this say about a new album? The view gets dimmer all the time. I know alot of artists are talking about being a part of it, BUT thats always the problem! Its always OTHER artists or SONY talking about what Michael is doing...Its NEVER MICHAEL!

I think everyone should just wait and see what happens:rolleyes:

This is getting depressing. I had expected 2008 to be THE YEAR of MJ. And in the past several weeks I have heard no news regarding Michael Jackson's wherabouts, his plans, NOTHING! This is not starting off good on Michael's behalf. Heres what I mean:

Sony has done an amazing job. I will give them credit, they have organized all these amazing things such as the BET honors which Michael was supposed to attend (he didnt). They gave him a Facebook, Myspace, I-Like, updated his wesbite, advertised on Amazon.com, advertised on I-tunes, organized fan events in London for the album launch, and the list is growing. Now we have the Grammy's, and Superbowl approaching. There have been no confirmation that Jackson will even show up! Like I dont know about the rest of you but im tired of "tributes", "videos honouring Michael", etc. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Michaels music being put in the spotlight but I want to see Michael himself! Is this too much to ask? I would think an artist would want to promote any new piece of work they are releasing. But not Michael...apparently he is couped up in some Vegas hotel, barly leaving the room. Like come on? What is his problem!! He should be out chatting online to his fans, make a surprise appearance on Myspace, or Facebook, tape an audio recording to his fans to get them all excited, planning Thriller 25 performances around the world to spark a big interest. He should be attending award shows, sport events (aka SUPERBOWL). But no... Michael Jackson is not doing anything. He hasn't been in the media since his shopping trip to Best Buy wearing those band-aids. Thats the last the world has seen him...

Im sorry to carry on like this but we are almost done January and Michael is hiding away from the world, not contacting his fans or doing any publicity at all. What does this say about a new album? The view gets dimmer all the time. I know alot of artists are talking about being a part of it, BUT thats always the problem! Its always OTHER artists or SONY talking about what Michael is doing...Its NEVER MICHAEL!

i feel ya there mate, you make very valid points and i brought the same points up earlier with a friend.. but in the end michael owes us nothing so thriller 25 alone with no promo from him personally is a bonus, whether its a bonus that excites you or not. ;)

infiltrators are so easy to spot... same formula... same bitches, just oh so slightly modified to make their bs seem plausible, i see it in a lot of threads in these recent days... someone has got the field at full force and of course, it is us the fans who will read it, cause they feel they can make an impact and lower sales... i guess it works to some degree or it wouldnt be so constant, and at the moment so blarringly obvious as you look acrossed the board.

Last edited:

If MJ can't be bothered to get out and promote T25, it makes me think that the chances of a major promo campaign from him(!) for the new album will be out of the question.
I thought Mike was all geared up to get out there and show the world he isn't over and that the trial didn't finish him. People close to him have said that about him, but I guess it must have worn off by now because he is doing very little. I guess it IS possible that he will appear at one or two of these ceremonys and do something, but I doubt it. They'll be more wasted oppurtunities for him to raise his profile and boost his image prior to the new album release.

Last edited:

WOW...didnt I predict this? Everybody SHOULD be speculating about this and for the right reasons too...dont you see? Michael's BACK baby!:punk::jump:

hahah MJ ain't doin ISH to promote this. Just like i thought. lol

But then again Akon said Mike's got a surprise around superbowl time...if this is what he meant then....he must've been REALLY sleepy when he woke up and said that. Cuz a TV commercial is not what I think of when i think surprise. LOL But that's just me.

How about a killerass TV commercial^

Wow great news i hope MJ at leasts makes an apperence at the Superbowl

But it's only JANUARY! :lol: Would you give it time?? 2008 can STILL be MJ's year.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Michaels music being put in the spotlight but I want to see Michael himself! Is this too much to ask?
And that's the point my friend. This is mj's comeback plans right here. MJ is going to wait until the RIGHT MOMENT to get out there. This Thriller 25 stuff is NOT his comeback album...and he's not gonna waste the 'element of surprise' on this remix album. I think MJ's only reason for involvement in this is because it butters the public up for his return. And it creates anticipation for what he's got to come. And this thriller 25 is making ur undies itch for new stuff...and that's probably exactly what he wants. Come on now, this is Michael Jackson. This is how he operates. The fact that he's REALLY TRULY disappeared, TOTALLY OUT OF SIGHT...makes it more likely that MJ's got something new on the way and brewing.

I would think an artist would want to promote any new piece of work they are releasing. But not Michael...apparently he is couped up in some Vegas hotel, barly leaving the room.
Well MJ has stated clearly that he doesn't like rereleases. And he's not gonna waste good energy on this re release when it's not...REALLY that important. It looks to me that this is mostly Sony driven...and MJ's only participating cuz it kills 2 birds in one stone for him. And this whole 'couped up' stuff...from some article...PLEASE. What's most LIKELY happening is MJ is in vegas working on new music ALL the time since thats why he chose vegas to stay at....he RECORDS there...PRODUCERS are there. He's probably working his azz off to get things done. Since when do we believe what the media tells us so easily?

He should be out chatting online to his fans, make a surprise appearance on Myspace, or Facebook, tape an audio recording to his fans to get them all excited, planning Thriller 25 performances around the world to spark a big interest. He should be attending award shows, sport events (aka SUPERBOWL).
And that will come when his NEW ALBUM is ready to be promoted.

But no... Michael Jackson is not doing anything. He hasn't been in the media since his shopping trip to Best Buy wearing those band-aids. Thats the last the world has seen him...
And ya know what I think that's genius :lol: Cuz now all the haters are gonna anticipate MJ's next appearance, assuming MJ's got more plastic surgery :lol:

Look, this is not a new album. When the new album hits, you'll see MJ everywhere.

How about a killerass TV commercial^
Unless MJ's in it (like TODAY MJ lol)...it can't be THAT killerass lol

Last edited:

Thanks for the information but who is this email to and or from ?? ... before i get too excited, it would help to know it is acually fact ;)

God I got so excited after reading the first few posts, but then the posts became more and more depressive:( I don't know what to think now. I hope MJ does the right thing, ok I'm sure he does!

spots during superbowls are a huge deal, some people watch the superbowl just to see the new spots cause they have gained their own following. i'm psyched for it too tess :)

Epic email to radio for WBSS single release to radio:

Michael Jackson w/ Akon
"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008"

Celebrating the Thriller 25th Anniversary of the World's Biggest Selling Album of All Time

New CD Re-Package Available 2.12.08

The World's Biggest Album just got bigger featuring previously unreleased tracks with will.i.am, Fergie, Kayne West and Akon

Feb.3 Super Bowl XLII TV Spot

Feb.10 Grammy Tribute featuring will.i.am, Akon and Fergie

Mid-Feb. BET Honors include a tribute to Michael Jackson

Thriller 25 MySpace and Facebook launch January

Massive Press, TV, Radio, Online and Outdoor Advertising campaign to launch Feb. 1

Where did you get this from pls?

hopefully they are marketing it as the tribute performances from will, akon and fergie...and then MJ will appear on stage at the end and hit us with BILLIE JEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *this is how it has to be if he wants to get bk to the top, the performance that got him to the top*!!!

although i think MJ won't be involved, i HOPE MJ surprises us with a surprise performance...LOL (wishful thinking) It'll be kinda nice to see people paying tribute to the man's music.

hopefully they are marketing it as the tribute performances from will, akon and fergie...and then MJ will appear on stage at the end and hit us with BILLIE JEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *this is how it has to be if he wants to get bk to the top, the performance that got him to the top*!!!

I'm hoping your right^^^

In the uk the superbowl is on in the early part of the morning so i'll tape it, hope they've spent alot of time and effort on the advert

Epic email to radio for WBSS single release to radio:

Michael Jackson w/ Akon
"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008"

Celebrating the Thriller 25th Anniversary of the World's Biggest Selling Album of All Time

New CD Re-Package Available 2.12.08

The World's Biggest Album just got bigger featuring previously unreleased tracks with will.i.am, Fergie, Kayne West and Akon

Feb.3 Super Bowl XLII TV Spot

Feb.10 Grammy Tribute featuring will.i.am, Akon and Fergie

Mid-Feb. BET Honors include a tribute to Michael Jackson

Thriller 25 MySpace and Facebook launch January

Massive Press, TV, Radio, Online and Outdoor Advertising campaign to launch Feb. 1

Deff awesome news, that I don't think alot of fans know about b/c I don't see alot of fans check out the Thriller25 board, but I may be wrong.

I'm interested to see what Akon n MJ's commercial will look like, it'll probably just be the rehash of old Thriller footage we've seen for the commercial. And i'll be the first to say i'd like to see Akon do WBSS at the Grammy's but WillIam and Fergie don't impress me much. WillIam's cool, and Fergie's just hot. Like deep down inside who in the world wants to see any 3 of those artists perform over MJ?!?! I wanna see MJ do something at The Grammy's, and wanna atleast see him at the BET Honors which I hope is mandatory for him to attend.

Last edited:

Sounds great BUT what is the source????

Back