Legendary Actor, Christian Slater died??!?!?`

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillieJean84

Proud Member
Okay so I'm on Facebook and Shanna Moakler has reported that Christian Slater died ; in fact her status, does not quite say that hes dead but the status reads: '"As The Sun Sets Slowly In The West We Bid You A Fine Farewell" ~RIP Christian Slater.... heartbreaking'

I have looked online everywhere and theres no story on this. Please someone help me out!! I don't know what source this is but Shanna Moakler normally is correct on these things.....

http://christian.slater.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/actor_skiing.php

Actor - Christian Slater Dies In Snowboard Accident

THIS STORY IS STILL DEVELOPING...

Actor Christian Slater is reported to have died shortly after a snowboard accident earlier today - January 31, 2011.

ski_air_lift.jpg
The actor & novice snowboarder was vacationing at the Zermatt ski resort in Zermatt, Switzerland with family and friends. Witnesses indicate that Christian Slater lost control of his snowboard and struck a tree at a high rate of speed.

Christian Slater was air lifted by ski patrol teams to a local hospital, however, it is believed that the actor died instantly from the impact of the crash. The actor was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident and drugs and alcohol do not appear to have played any part in his death.

Additional details and information will be updated as it becomes available. This story is still developing

http://christian.slater.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/actor_skiing.php

seems to be true :(

all the news sites are following now...

http://www.news365today.com/christian-slater-died-snowboard-accident/

http://www.boncherry.com/blog/2011/01/30/christian-slater-reported-died-in-a-snowboard-accident/

etc etc etc

could be still a hoax also... oh sheeeesh what a low taste... media ridiculing itself by trying to be the first one?:

Breaking news: Christian Slater is NOT dead

facebook-icon-30.gif
Over 30,000 people are part of the Sophos community on Facebook. Why not join us on Facebook to find out about the latest internet and Facebook security threats. X

twitter-icon-30.gif
Hi fellow Twitter user! Follow our team of security experts on Twitter for the latest news about internet security threats. X

youtube-icon-30.gif
Don't forget you can subscribe to the SophosLabs YouTube channel to find all our latest videos. X

rss-icon-30.gif
Hi there! If you're new here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed for updates. X

by Graham Cluley on January 31, 2011 | Comments (3)
Filed Under: Featured, Social networks, Spam

christian-slater-170.jpg
Christian Slater has not died in a snowboarding accident, despite what you might have read on the internet.
A fast-spreading internet rumour has spread across social networks claiming that the Hollywood actor, who starred in movies such as "Heathers", "The Name of the Rose" and "True Romance", was on holiday in Zermatt, Switzerland, when he lost control of his snowboard and hit a tree at high speed.
Some concerned fans of Christian Slater even posted links to what appeared to be a genuine news website, seemingly confirming the breaking story:
christian-slater-dead-news-report.jpg

If the news were true, it would no doubt be reported on the outlets of other news organisations around the world.
But despite "Christian Slater" currently trending on Twitter, the likes of the BBC and CNN are strangely silent on the movie star's death.
christian-slater-trending.jpg

The truth, of course, is that Christian Slater is not dead. And neither is Tom Cruise. Oh, and Johnny Depp hasn't died in a car crash, which is also true of Emma Watson and Kanye West too.
(I would give you a complete list of who isn't dead, but I suspect that would take quite a lot of time and require occasional updating).
The "news" site that some folks are linking to is a joke website - although the joke is clearly in somewhat dubious taste.
The problem with bogus rumours like this is not just that they waste time, bandwidth and generally degrade the signal:noise ratio on the internet, but also that sometimes cybercriminals exploit them, using a trending story to spread malware such as fake anti-virus attacks.
So don't believe everything you read on the internet, folks. And don't be too quick to click on a link to what appears to be a sensational news story - you never know if a malware author might have planted a nasty surprise at the end.
Update: Some prankster has even updated Wikipedia's page about Christian Slater to claim that he died today. Sigh..
christian-slater-wikipedia.jpg

Thanks to Naked Security reader Bee for pointing this out to me.

Tags: Christian Slater, dead, death, Hoax, Twitter, Wikipedia

Facebook hacked in France to insult someone's little brother

5fdc27b8b6f6fd69e77aa017a53cceb5

About the author

Graham Cluley is senior technology consultant at Sophos. In both 2009 and 2010, the readers of Computer Weekly voted him security blogger of the year and he pipped Stephen Fry to the title of "Twitter user of the year" too. Which is very cool. You can contact him at gc@sophos.com, or for daily updates follow him on Twitter at @gcluley. View all posts by Graham Cluley

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2011/01/31/christian-slater-is-not-dead/

Last edited:
Feels like a hoax. Hasn't most of these hoaxes featured snowboarding in some form? Must be a new Hollywood thing :mello:

I'd be so incredible as happy as angry if it's just a hoax... I was really so scared and made the mistake myself to just go for everything to find out online... but I couldn't really controll my emotions going imediatly on a roller coaster. Gosh it seems to be fashionable to play around with ppls feelings these times!

people who create such hoaxes should be banned from the internet for life. you don't joke about life and death! morons.

Those who joke about the death of a certain person actually want that person gone. In a way, or totally even. They're predicting their demise and it sounds almost like they're trying to make it happen, so they can have a story to tell, they want to have big-impact stories to broadcast, morality isn't something they've heard of. That sure happened to Michael Jackson, and I'm sure to some others.

thank god this is not true! sorry everybody I heard this and this was the only source I could find. I do apologize.

people are sick. Plus, look at the very bottom of the page I posted the link from....someone else pointed that out to me later.

:closed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back