Lets Discuss BAD concerts footage and what may have been shot on film ?

Re: Lets investigate what BAD concerts may have been shot on film ?

I don't think you're a pessimist. I don't care myself for future releases anymore. I had great expectations prior to the "Michael" release and never imagined things would get that bad as they are now. Michael's legacy is being destroyed slowly and effectively. If things go on this way, in 10 years no one will care about a MJ release... maybe even sooner.

i agree with you both ^^ the estate needs to step up their game and give the fans deserving releases.

I don't think you're a pessimist. I don't care myself for future releases anymore. I had great expectations prior to the "Michael" release and never imagined things would get that bad as they are now. Michael's legacy is being destroyed slowly and effectively. If things go on this way, in 10 years no one will care about a MJ release... maybe even sooner.

Honestly what I have noticed is that my colleagues and friends are tired of Michael Jackson. They don't care anymore, except for his music from the THRILLER era.

So cliche. But hey, thanks estate!

i'm speaking of IF they have the full concert rehearsal from pensecola florida, as it would make a great extra on a Bad Tour package as michael sang every song 100% live, just like the rehearsal show from the Victory Tour (July 1st 1984 in Birmingham, USA) and the Munich Warm up full rehearsal show (June 25th 1992) and Tokyo Rehearsal concert (September 11th 1987)

if they have these full rehearsal shows, they should use them as special features on any future tour release! it would be a crime not to release them. of course i want the live shows more than anything. but these full concerts with just live vocals? it would be a dream to see them.
Things like this would be perfect for collectors label releases, but not mainstream.

Things like this would be perfect for collectors label releases, but not mainstream.

exactly! they should capitalise on the Brand 'MJJ Productions Inc.' and use that as the fan collectors label!

Does anyone have photos from the Liverpool concert? I have found only these:

JacksonAudience.jpg~original

gallery-bad-tour-95.jpg

I know the 2nd one is screenshot but it is great pic :)

Thanks Zakk! Thats a lot of people:
avchdmoonwalker1988720p.jpg

There were over 125,000 people in the crowd so Liverpool was the biggest concert of the tour. I hope they have the film reels so they can release the Blu-Ray(I'm fine with any filmed Bad Tour concert but this could be a great choice :)). The concert looks amazing in Moonwalker

Last edited:

Thanks Zakk! Thats a lot of people:
avchdmoonwalker1988720p.jpg

There were over 125,000 people in the crowd so Liverpool was the biggest concert of the tour. I hope they have the film reels so they can release the Blu-Ray(I'm fine with any filmed Bad Tour concert but this could be a great choice :)). The concert looks amazing in Moonwalker

I just did a little enhancement and that photo I believe is from 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You' :) this show needs a Blu-Ray release! from all the comments I've read, Michael was perfect at this show! Please Estate bless our eyes and ears with this magical experience in Cinemas & On Blu-Ray Stacked Full of extras, audio doesn't need to be Multitrack! but I believe the audio will be beautiful if you hired an audio restoration service, and create 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio.

I just did a little enhancement and that photo I believe is from 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You' :) this show needs a Blu-Ray release! from all the comments I've read, Michael was perfect at this show! Please Estate bless our eyes and ears with this magical experience in Cinemas & On Blu-Ray Stacked Full of extras, audio doesn't need to be Multitrack! but I believe the audio will be beautiful if you hired an audio restoration service, and create 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio.

I hope they listen. Audio doesn't have to be 5.1 if its not possible. I would be satisfied even if the audio is mono because I just want to see Bad Tour concert in HD.

Moonwalker Man in the Mirror had good 5.1 audio. Maybe they have the film reels of that concert were the audio is from.

Last edited:

I hope they listen. Audio doesn't have to be 5.1 if its not possible. I would be satisfied even if the audio is mono because I just want to see Bad Tour concert in HD.

Moonwalker Man in the Mirror had good 5.1 audio. Maybe they have the film reels of that concert were the audio is from.

I think it's from the Black Jacket (US Leg) show as featured! :)

I think it's from the Black Jacket (US Leg) show as featured! :)

It most likely is. That concert could also be released on blu-ray with Liverpool. 2 concerts in same release is maybe too much to ask but that would be my dream release! :)

This is propably from the same concert(Edit: The shirt is not the same so it could be different show):

Not having multitracks is not good enough reason to never release the filmed concerts. If they have the films Bad Tour Blu-Ray has to be released.

Last edited:

It most likely is. That concert could also be released on blu-ray with Liverpool. 2 concerts in same release is maybe too much to ask but that would be my dream release! :)

This is propably from the same concert:

Not having multitracks is not good enough reason to never release the filmed concerts. If they have the films Bad Tour Blu-Ray has to be released.

their have been a lot of rumours that the video footage from Black Jacket Moonwalker is Minneapolis as the spin is identical to the Minneapolis snippets from MTV! so the audio sounds beautiful and video footage can be higher than 1080p, this & Liverpool 88' would be perfect!! WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR???? Grrr, hehe :imbad

Edit: Audio from MITM Moonwalker is from Minneapolis!

Last edited:

their have been a lot of rumours that the video footage from Black Jacket Moonwalker is Minneapolis as the spin is identical to the Minneapolis snippets from MTV! so the audio sounds beautiful and video footage can be higher than 1080p, this & Liverpool 88' would be perfect!! WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR???? Grrr, hehe :imbad

They are exactly identical and camera positions are just different. Look at the previous page. Michael and spot lights in the last pic are exactly in the same positions. :)

Last edited:

I wonder how many concert does Another Part Of Me in Spike Lee's documentary have footage from? Some are obviously from Paris(at the beginning) but there must be more. There could be Liverpool footage.

The first few second of the video are from Wembley.

I wonder how many concert does Another Part Of Me in Spike Lee's documentary have footage from? Some are obviously from Paris(at the beginning) but there must be more. There could be Liverpool footage.

The first few second of the video are from Wembley.

As of now the shows I believe to be on film are, MSG, Minneapolis, Hamburg, Paris? & Liverpool. could be more, who knows! every show could've been shot on film, by Michael's personal cameramen. anything is possible. they just need to be found.

If MSG was shot on film and can be found then that's the concert that should be released. Why? Because Smooth Criminal and The Way You Make Me Feel was sung live that night

If MSG was shot on film and can be found then that's the concert that should be released. Why? Because Smooth Criminal and The Way You Make Me Feel was sung live that night

as was BAD :) Kansas Featured this addition also. and Possibly has Man in the Mirror live too, as rumoured! I'd go for Kansas and/or MSG, Minneapolis & Liverpool. Inluding rehearsals and behind the scenes footage, for the first Blu-Ray Package!

Last edited:

As of now the shows I believe to be on film are, MSG, Minneapolis, Hamburg, Paris? & Liverpool. could be more

Those USA leg parts in APOM might not be from Minneapolis concert. Michael didn't have v-neck shirt in Moonwalker MITM.

6CD Japan 1987 Bad Tour Promo. Live in Tokyo & Yokohama 1987 + Tokyo December 10th 1988. it reads "Excellent Sound Quality" for the Tokto 87' & 88' shows. and "perfect sound quality" for Yokohama 1987. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140972706984?redirect=mobile

why does it matter? it withholds the audio of Tokyo 1988 in Pro Quality.

Are things like that usually real? If somebody buys that I hope he shares it if its real. :)

Those USA leg parts in APOM might not be from Minneapolis concert. Michael didn't have v-neck shirt in Moonwalker MITM.

it is possible he changed shirt during Bad Groove, I don't think he'd wanna be sweating in his torso region for 2 hours!

it is possible he changed shirt during Bad Groove, I don't think he'd wanna be sweating in his torso region for 2 hours!

You might be right. I noticed that he has v-neck shirt in this Minneapolis video:

But the shirt doesn't look exactly same:

Last edited:

You might be right. I noticed that he has v-neck shirt in this Minneapolis video:

But the shirt doesn't look exactly same:

he did three nights in Minneapolis and the audio quality and shirt is exactly the sake for BAD25 Apom & Moonwalker MITM so the one with just 1080p HD quality is either May 4th, 5th or 6th :D

he did three nights in Minneapolis and the audio quality and shirt is exactly the sake for BAD25 Apom & Moonwalker MITM so the one with just 1080p HD quality is either May 4th, 5th or 6th :D

I thought there was only one concert. I should have looked tour dates before posting. :D Estate please release Bad Tour bu-ray!

Last edited:

Wembley July 15th & 16th 1988, Michael Sang every song full out and his live vocals were recorded by the sound truck on Multitracks, but the audience only heard playback audio for 3-4 songs.

Wembley July 15th & 16th 1988, Michael Sang every song full out and his live vocals were recorded by the sound truck on Multitracks, but the audience only heard playback audio for 3-4 songs.

Not true

it is true Michael sang live beneath the playback and it was recorded. go flying said this last year and I ain't arguing with that dude :D

it is true Michael sang live beneath the playback and it was recorded. go flying said this last year and I ain't arguing with that dude :D

I posted my comments on that before. Doesn't make one bit of sense. So I'm gonna reject that.

Back