Lets Discuss BAD concerts footage and what may have been shot on film ?

Re: Lets investigate what BAD concerts may have been shot on film ?

Now thinking about it, if they did the same procedure for APOM as they did for MITM, then there must be alof of diffrent angles (from the side, the back, up front etc) of APOM from The US Leg. :)

Agree. But it is still an MJ HD footage :punk: This is quite a rarity in MJ world.

Lol.. :D

Btw why are lightning so blueish? :p Compared to other Indoor concerts from 88 and 89 its alot diffrent.

Screens (1920 x 1080) from mp4-compressed file, but not cropped and re-cropped (different source than "BADTourHD"):
(click to enlarge)

If they don't have anything else from this concert but just the full concert in this camera angle, they should release it. I want to see full Bad Tour in HD some way. :)

I've found something in a report from Cork.
look at the front. isn't that a film camera?
look here:
vlcsnap2012100321h33m39.png

Great find! That definitely looks like film camera.

Lol.. :D

Btw why are lightning so blueish? :p Compared to other Indoor concerts from 88 and 89 its alot diffrent.

It's not lighting. It's the colorist that chose to make it more "interesting" by adding blue tint to it. I wouldn't have done this though. Maybe to an extent, but IMO, this is too blue. Ok, imma stop now or I'll get bashed for complaining lol.

Yes, that is a film camera. Good find!

After seeing the APOM footage you kind of get spoiled a bit. Then you watch the DVD.....

After seeing the APOM footage you kind of get spoiled a bit. Then you watch the DVD.....
I dont think its spoiled, staying up to date is a better way to say it. MJ had thousands of dollars put into cameras for that tour. Quality good enough that it competes with even today's standards. The VHS footage would be the max quality youd expect from the 1950s or so. It was very unprofessional of them to use it, i know we demanded an unedited concert but if getting HD quality meant they had to replace a few seconds with something better from another show then so be it. He wore the same suit for all 7 Wembley shows, so its not like we were gonna notice anyways!

Can't wait to see Spike Lee's documentary so I can see the full Another Part of Me!

This Bad 25 documentary trailer has some more film footage:

^ Looks like flim cameras were used to record one of Wembley shows and Paris concert :)

bad tour hamburg was shot on film!

that doesn't prove the Hamburg show was filmed. only that Apom video has hamburg footage. it could be only for that segment. footgage or pictures from Apom and Mitm performance doesn't mean the whole concert was filmed. we should concetrate on the other songs.

that doesn't prove the Hamburg show was filmed. only that Apom video has hamburg footage. it could be only for that segment. footgage or pictures from Apom and Mitm performance doesn't mean the whole concert was filmed. we should concetrate on the other songs.

There is clip from I'll Be There performance at 0:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0toSi4nbE

Edit: http://icolorist.com/grading-michael-jackson/

Last edited:

i know that. this thread is to investigate which other shows are possible filmed.

i know that. this thread is to investigate which other shows are possible filmed.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post :)

I'm now watching some Bad Tour tv reports to find film cameras. Could this be a film camera in front on the stage left?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq3kf53z-3c

Around 8:31 (Man in the Mirror). I'm not sure because it is hard to see.

It's not lighting. It's the colorist that chose to make it more "interesting" by adding blue tint to it. I wouldn't have done this though. Maybe to an extent, but IMO, this is too blue. Ok, imma stop now or I'll get bashed for complaining lol.

Probably colour graded for a cinematic effect, like they tried to do for Wembley, imo.

Probably colour graded for a cinematic effect, like they tried to do for Wembley, imo.

That's what I said lol. But they shouldn't color grade a VHS footage like Wembley, it just makes things worse.

Let's say there is an entire Bad Tour show on film, how does the Estate Release it without upsetting tons of fans who purchase the low resulution VHS copy? Also, why can't we just get one of the admins to send an email to the estate and have them explain it all. It is mighty interesting that they didn't once mention anything about the tour being captured on film. We deserve better than this. I get so pissed why see artists' concert from 60,70, & 80s being released on Blu Ray in prestine quality and then Michael Jackson, the great entertainer EVER, get a VHS treatment. WHY????

I kinda think that the use of film during the tour was done for the following reasons:

-audience shots
-another part of me music video (obviously, they filmed more performances of the song than what ended up in the final video, but that doesn't mean a full show was filmed).
-man in the mirror moonwalker (same as APOM. They filmed several performances of this and picke what worked).
-miscellaneous performances of other songs here & there

I've said before already, I would love to be wrong. But based on what we know and have seen, there may not one complete filmed show. Or maybe there's a hell of a lot of performances of other songs from the tour, but not enough angles/footage/etc. to make a tolerable concert experience.
(I want to be wrong).
But even if the film stuff they have is scattered and such, surely they can do a sort of THIS IS IT type of editing. Even if it's using only shows taped to multi-tracks. As of now, we know that at LEAST have 3 shows recorded to multi tracks (Wembley 15, 16, and Yokohama. I'd imagine there's more).

At the least, I wish they'd release what film stuff they DO have in some form of entirety.

Also, I haven't even seen Bad 25 doc, but I already don't like that he used Wembley DVD MITM when there's obviously several performances of MITM shot on film... (oh, and the Wembley DVD footage of IJCSLY...even though I love the part where Sheryl and MJ were in front of eachother)

I'm sure the rest of it will make up for it :D

Wasn't the other issue the estate was having the audio? So even if they have a show on film, heck even the u-matic masters, but did not have a top quality audio recording then they didn't want to release it? How many Wembley shows were recorded with the 6 track audio? was it just 15th and 16th? Wouldn't it be somewhat pointless to release a Blu-Ray of a concert in HD but with a crappy audio mix? Although i guess this can be flipped to the current situation of being pointless releasing a show with crappy video but excellent audio.

Wasn't the other issue the estate was having the audio? So even if they have a show on film, heck even the u-matic masters, but did not have a top quality audio recording then they didn't want to release it? How many Wembley shows were recorded with the 6 track audio? was it just 15th and 16th? Wouldn't it be somewhat pointless to release a Blu-Ray of a concert in HD but with a crappy audio mix? Although i guess this can be flipped to the current situation of being pointless releasing a show with crappy video but excellent audio.

They used multitracks for the DVD release and showed the best way to fuck it up. Though I love the audio, mix isn't done properly...

Well, it wasn't 6 track audio..
That's just what was mixed down to for 5.1 "surround" for the DVD (which they mixed really bad for the DVD. It was rather pointless, the way they mixed it).

Each instrument and mic had a seperate track. Which is why they apparently needed a whole truck to record it. Nowadays, that can all be done with a Mac Pro desktop computer.

ALSO, with that logic, they should have released the 15th because they had u-matic and multitracks.

I kinda think that the use of film during the tour was done for the following reasons:

-audience shots
-another part of me music video (obviously, they filmed more performances of the song than what ended up in the final video, but that doesn't mean a full show was filmed).
-man in the mirror moonwalker (same as APOM. They filmed several performances of this and picke what worked).
-miscellaneous performances of other songs here & there

I've said before already, I would love to be wrong. But based on what we know and have seen, there may not one complete filmed show. Or maybe there's a hell of a lot of performances of other songs from the tour, but not enough angles/footage/etc. to make a tolerable concert experience.
(I want to be wrong).
But even if the film stuff they have is scattered and such, surely they can do a sort of THIS IS IT type of editing. Even if it's using only shows taped to multi-tracks. As of now, we know that at LEAST have 3 shows recorded to multi tracks (Wembley 15, 16, and Yokohama. I'd imagine there's more).

At the least, I wish they'd release what film stuff they DO have in some form of entirety.

Also, I haven't even seen Bad 25 doc, but I already don't like that he used Wembley DVD MITM when there's obviously several performances of MITM shot on film... (oh, and the Wembley DVD footage of IJCSLY...even though I love the part where Sheryl and MJ were in front of eachother)

I'm sure the rest of it will make up for it :D

I just can't even imagine that such entertainer as Michael Jackson, did not record his shows on film. When, as someone mentioned earlier, we can see some blu-ray releases from 70's and 80's. MJ, as a perfectionist would use a casual jumbotron cameras for the whole tour?

Well, obviously, someone here needs to get a job at the estate and/or facility that houses all this stuff and look around for it!

I can start even today! :D

Article that Warren Eagles wrote confirms that full show were filmed. He saw them. :)

Screens from Spike Lee's documentary:

152l5ld.jpg

3343jop.jpg

Back