Lets Discuss BAD concerts footage and what may have been shot on film ?

Re: Lets investigate what BAD concerts may have been shot on film ?

Wasn't the other issue the estate was having the audio? So even if they have a show on film, heck even the u-matic masters, but did not have a top quality audio recording then they didn't want to release it? How many Wembley shows were recorded with the 6 track audio? was it just 15th and 16th? Wouldn't it be somewhat pointless to release a Blu-Ray of a concert in HD but with a crappy audio mix? Although i guess this can be flipped to the current situation of being pointless releasing a show with crappy video but excellent audio.

Just because other concerts may not be recorded on multitracks, it doesn't mean that those audios are crappy. Do you think that the audio in LA. 1989 20-minute snippet is crappy? It's just mono like, but that doesn't mean we couldn't enjoy it.

Screens from Spike Lee's documentary:

152l5ld.jpg

3343jop.jpg

Thanks! Amazing quality!

Release Bad Tour concert in quality like that Estate please!

I compared MITM from MTV's APOM and Bad around the world specials and come to conclusion (as I always suspected) that the footage used in Moonwalker is from the same night, just different angles.

the hair is the same, just due the low quality and slightly different angle, not everything can be seen

b2fae1a118.png

51c97c94fa.jpg

27fa45ad77.png

813ff544d8.jpg

Some think that the footage of APOM US leg in Spikes docu is from MSG, but its not. just that one is problably from NY
0378acb1c1.jpg

as you can see, same undershitr and same top with white zipper (apom NY)
b44fb3ca05.png

here is the night with Steve Stevens in NY
7c839fa3c6.png

same night with Steve stevens (apom)
9f6c052163.jpg

the other US leg footage is from problably LA 88. he had v-neck shirt in one of the LA 88 shows.

here v-neck, black zipper
7ace80abf1.jpg

So i think MITM above and apom in spikes docu is from LA 88 (??? problably???), just different nights. in NY his hair was shorter.
where in MITM and Spikes Apom, hair looks the same.
f491ed9a2a.png

this all doesn't bring us any further of what other shows were filmed full or not. multiply nights of APOM and MITM are filmed. but if full shows, beside the 2 wembleys, we need footage of other songs.

Last edited:

Somebody uploaded full Another Part of Me performance from Spike Lee's doc to Youtube in HD:

DL the HD source file in dan1981 thread.

Somebody uploaded full Another Part of Me performance from Spike Lee's doc to Youtube in HD:

in that video i can see LONDON logo, sorry if it was already noticed

That guy in blue shirt with camera stand is probably film cameraman?
vlcsnap-2012-10-22-20h34m26s31.png

Beatles the magical mystery tour Blu-Ray is being released using Enhanced mono audio...

OMG look this quality *_*

Is looking like the Estate have a complete show in film from USA concerts, they must have one...

^^thats from LA89 last show (left)
click

But it isn't NY either.

hope so, but no multitrack just stereo/mono audio.

it might be Minneoapolis which they may have in super high quality but didn't release it because fans wanted Wembley and it doesn't have multitrack

That's what I said lol. But they shouldn't color grade a VHS footage like Wembley, it just makes things worse.

Oh lol. It didn't help matters your right. Only looks good on actual HQ stuff

but whatever the show is we know it's in HD

it might be Minneoapolis which they may have in super high quality but didn't release it because fans wanted Wembley and it doesn't have multitrack

It's more than possible that the footage from APOM mix is from Minneapolis. The MITM shots from moonwalker seem to be from Minneapolis too :)

^^thats from LA89 last show (left)
click

But it isn't NY either.

But is certainly in USA isn't it? Because of stage in arena format...

After saw this It's really possible they have a complete show in film in USA, I really don't care much if the audio isn't multitrack, if be in this image quality, is already good enough...

Worst case scenario in terms of audio : Audio is in same quality as Rome. At the same time MSG 88 dirty diana is in HQ audio/Video....

if it is Minneoapolis then it's possible they have the full show, imagine that! *.*

But is certainly in USA isn't it? Because of stage in arena format...

After saw this It's really possible they have a complete show in film in USA, I really don't care much if the audio isn't multitrack, if be in this image quality, is already good enough...

exactly dude! no one cares if it isn't Wembley, if it's HD then it'll be the best show ever

I checked all bad tour 88 videos i have.

he wore the right trousers on Rome, Vienna and in the US shows mostly (all US videos I have are with those pants).
the left trousers on most european shows, japan and last LA shows

click

imagine a Blu-Ray of 'Michael Jackson Live in Minneoapolis 1988' we need to contact the estate, this needs to be done

so it is possible the full Minneoapolis show is on film in the vaults

the only way to know for sure is if someone asks them

I checked all bad tour 88 videos i have.

he wore the right trousers on Rome, Vienna and in the US shows mostly (all US videos I have are with those pants).
the left trousers on most european shows, japan and last LA shows

Correct. But you can guess by the zipper on his shirt and from tagged pics and videos that are available that with a big probability it's the one of Minneapolis shows :) I really hope they have this one on film and with a proper campaign from fans, they will release it soon :)

or get a list of shows recorded on film or transferred on Beta tape

Correct. But you can guess by the zipper on his shirt and from tagged pics and videos that are available that with a big probability it's the one of Minneapolis shows :) I really hope they have this one on film and with a proper campaign from fans, they will release it soon :)

yes! we need to contact them and get it released

You mean that MITM moonwaker (black jacket) is from Minneapolis.

cause in that video he has round t-shirt. I don't have pictures that are tagget to tell.

apom from the docu is v-shirt. so did he changed? or you didn't refer to apom?

It does make sense to film Minneapolis in full cause it was 3 nights. LA 88 was only one night. So you problably right.

His hair looks close to rome and he wore the same pants in the first 3 shows in europe. then changed to the other pants.

Last edited:

Even if they can only do a compilation concert of filmed footage I'd be all for it.

The U.S. leg came before Europe, so they could have shot stuff for the APOM music video there, as well as Europe, but in the end only used Europe shows.
Would be great if its a full show, but they might have just done APOM.
And I would hope, even if its a compilation show, it's not all edited like its a music video.

Back