Lets Discuss BAD concerts footage and what may have been shot on film ?

Re: Lets investigate what BAD concerts may have been shot on film ?

And I would hope, even if its a compilation show, it's not all edited like its a music video.
Yes, agreed. My only requests are that each song come from one full performance if possible. No splicing between 6 different concerts during one song. If they have to, 2 concerts wouldn't be horrible as long as it's minimal and not jarringly obvious. And also that the audio is exactly what was being performed in the footage on the screen at the time.

Even if they can only do a compilation concert of filmed footage I'd be all for it.

I hope too that they release full filmed Bad Tour concert. If they for some odd reason don't want to release one full concert they should release complination. But not edited like Another Part of Me music video.

MJ Estate please release full Bad Tour concert from film reels!

Does anyone know which concert is the blue shirt concert in Moonwalker MITM? The nameplate can be seen but its too blurry to see:

vlcsnap-2012-10-23-10h36m43s172_zpscddf92ab.png

I have a question for those who have seen the full documentary, is a segment of the minneapolis concert shown? Or is it just the same Bad footage that we got from around the world we are talking about?

You mean that MITM moonwaker (black jacket) is from Minneapolis.

cause in that video he has round t-shirt. I don't have pictures that are tagget to tell.

apom from the docu is v-shirt. so did he changed? or you didn't refer to apom?

It does make sense to film Minneapolis in full cause it was 3 nights. LA 88 was only one night. So you problably right.

His hair looks close to rome and he wore the same pants in the first 3 shows in europe. then changed to the other pants.

I'm more than sure that he changed his t-shirt at least once in the show. He neve performed Bad and MITM in the v-style shirt. So probably he got that changed after BJ or maybe even earlier, like after Thriller when he change the silver outfit and pants :)

That's right. Minneapolis were the last shows of the US early 88 part of 2nd leg. After those shows MJ went to Europe. Good point in noticing his hair and pants :)

Does anyone know which concert is the blue shirt concert in Moonwalker MITM? The nameplate can be seen but its too blurry to see:

vlcsnap-2012-10-23-10h36m43s172_zpscddf92ab.png

This one seems to be from MJ's birthday show in Liverpool. Though it's really tough to guess from the nameplate you can guess that from the venue. This is not a stadium, it's an open area. I checked all of the Europe dates and only Liverpool fits with the lenght of the nameplate and the venue so it must be that show :)

little offtopic, but looks like Mexico '93 was filmed

c7d8122ecc.png

I really hope that the next two Bad tour releases are 88 New York and 89 Los Angels. It would be nice if there's another European tour like 88 Paris coming out.

I think we should do something to persuade the Estate to release a complete list of concerts of what they have on film/U-matic or VHS, instead of just investigating on our own.

We're investigating what could be on film though. U-matic tapes of the jumbo-tron feeds is something different. I'd guess they probably have at least 90% of all shows in that format. At least they should. Actually they should have 100%.

This one seems to be from MJ's birthday show in Liverpool. Though it's really tough to guess from the nameplate you can guess that from the venue. This is not a stadium, it's an open area. I checked all of the Europe dates and only Liverpool fits with the lenght of the nameplate and the venue so it must be that show :)

MJ's birthday show was in Leeds ;) but yeah i'm pretty sure this is Liverpool at the racecourse, had one of the biggest crowds of the tour.

hopefully they'll use Mexico 93' film for Dangerous 25, sorry for being off topic ^^ and yeah, we should ask for a list of the concerts and what they have them on from Feb 23rd 88 - Jan 27 89

can someone give second opinion on Mexico. can't find the tower dvd now and the screenshot was from YT. couldn't catch any film cameras in SC. the one in middle front seams to be video cam. not sure about the crane cam.

MJ's birthday show was in Leeds ;) but yeah i'm pretty sure this is Liverpool at the racecourse, had one of the biggest crowds of the tour.

My fault :) You're right, the birthday show was in Leeds :)

I only found something in BJ and BoW. In the rest of the songs, I didn't spotted any film cameras. Though, I'm not sure if on the BoW pic there's one...

zwkina.jpg

30wlgcj.jpg

I think i was wrong about Mexico. I checked the 4 pro videos and none has any could be film camera. the one i spoted in BJ is either not film cam (but it looks very much like one)
or it was just test shoting, cause it disappeared in the middle of the song.

was the no logo version shared of the tower version dvd? it it this one (avi)? http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...World-Tour-1993-live-in-Mexico-City-(no-logo)

You mean that MITM moonwaker (black jacket) is from Minneapolis.

cause in that video he has round t-shirt. I don't have pictures that are tagget to tell.

apom from the docu is v-shirt. so did he changed? or you didn't refer to apom?

These are photos taken during the Minneapolis show:

2qd8hw5.jpg

mw5v83.jpg

16lbinl.jpg

The V-type white shirt :)
2q1hzif.jpg

28kukc3.jpg

Changed to round one :)

And this screen from the APOM Bad25 Mix comes from...

2upyc06.jpg

Did you guessed right?

35jcghw.jpg

MEDISON SQUARE GARDEN!!!

29vm29w.jpg

:)

thx. I remembered i dl an upload with High-res pic by MJJlatvia and there are some pics tagged.

Last edited:

Imagine if they had an MSG show on film :wild:

I think we need more than one person to ask the estate what they have on film from the BAD Tour

It's easy to spot a MSG concert, does thing in the background is the giveaway

I think we need more than one person to ask the estate what they have on film from the BAD Tour

But how a normal fan can ask from them? Only way seems to be tweeting to MJOnlineTeam. Is there email address for them? Could some moderator ask? :)

we certainly need them to look through all of the Bad Tour footage in the archives and then if they have a full show in Super High Quality or on film like Minneoapolis APOM and MITM and get that show released on Blu-Ray, restored by Lowry digital and colours edited by smoothC21HD as his Wembley version is epic!! :D

looks like all the Minneoapolis show is one camera angle!!

If apom and mitm is all they filmed in minneapolis, then is most likely 2-3 cameras max.

watched closely during I'll be there from July 16th and saw three film cameras!!

their were two at the front of the stage and another one at the other side at the back of the stage

Could you put up some screen shots? When I watched it I didn't see any film cameras. Just the video cameras.

Of course this show from Wembley was a victory for fans, but if I was the Estate I would be ashamed put this high quality clip of "Another Part Of Me" after released the Wembley VHS, ok ok they mixed shows and audios but fans deserve another show now in high quality, I'm just afraid if for Estate the Wembley DVD is good enough and take years to bring up something of BAD era again...

thx. I remembered i dl an upload with High-res pic by MJJlatvia and there are some pics tagged.

Not ALL of them are correct, I think. Mostly they are though.

Back