Let's talk about this amazing movie! (SPOILERS!)

I just came back from movie here in Poland. That was FENOMENAL. Michael Jackson one and only.... Amazing... Just amazing.
Its so sad, that we will never see it live.. That would have been legendary, like everything he do.
Everything he tuch became gold :)

Does anyone know WHY Michael didn't tour with Invincible?
mj had a big fight with sony over vince the album was killed by mottola after a couple of months so it never even got to the satage of it being toured. whether one was ever planned tbh i never heard anything at the time.b4 the album was even released u were getting info about the conflict. the album was basically dead b4 it was released.theres an interview with some sony reps from the time who talked about it. cant remember what they said but mj told them if he toured again it would kill him!

I went into this film with a large amount of apprehension and came out pretty much speechless with a heart torn in two.

Michaels insight, vision and focus remind me of why I totally love this man. Theres no one else like him. I loved the moments where he was being involved with the crew, the band during TWYMMF explaining how he wanted the keys to sound like your lazily getting out of bed, with Orianthi and her guitar solo, the burning Beat It jacket. These are precious moments, I'm glad we have them.

Everytime I saw a set piece I thought it couldnt be topped. TDCAU, Smooth Criminal, Thriller and Earthsong had stunning backdrops.

I loved hearing Michaels voice live and raw. He showed he can still move.

It was really moving, even as the dancers at the start talked about their sheer joy of being chosen I was welling up. Also during I'll Be There, Human Nature, cause that is an all time favourite of mine, but mainly during Michaels words about the planet during the Earthsong footage and also his talk of his appreciation to the dancers and crew. That really got me. And of course MITM, this has now taken on a completely new meaning to me and those opening notes brought a flood of emotion.

Im glad I saw the movie, I feel so many different things right now, Im trying to process it all. We've lost a genius, Im glad to be of this lifetime where I could appreciate all that he gave, cause he really did give his all. Thank you Michael.xx

Its an amazing movie, the concert would have been legendery and the main message MJ wanted to give out from his concerts was….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W61Q-EZ8R7M (they have deleted the video!)
And that message should be carried on… We only got it from the movie but i really hope people take it on.

Like MJ once said

“If you want to make the world a better place look at yourself and make a change”

His Legacy will live on….
this part was the part which was the most moving part of the whole movie. YES, let's his message carry on, it should be an obligation for every fan, this is it, this would make Michael happy.

And I LOVED "I can't just stop loving you", his voice was so tempting! And when he did the funky/jazzy parts, I was melting!

this rehearsals confirms that Michael genius
i never forget this................
R.I.P. Michael

itty you have looked how skinny he was or not, so you missed how AMAZING this movie is, anyway.
i didnt miss anything thanks for your concern.and u can hardly not see something when its infront of your face on the cinema screen.only when u dont want to see it i guess

Re: What surprised you about the movie ( happily or sadly)

I was actually suprised that he got the "OOOW" down pat. :) I was so proud of him, and the energy he was saving for us fans OMG! lol... And his low tone voice for TDCAU was great to.

Just came back from cinema, just incredible, my highlights were:

The live music, just hit me, loved Jam and Black & White (guitarists wow)

I loved Wanna Be Startin, his new slide move is LOL, its so quick

The moonwalk in Smooth Criminal

Human Nature (the very beginning)

TWYMMF music arrangement

with Orianthi and her guitar solo
wasnt she amazing. what a great talent. even my mum thought she was incredible lol

t was really moving, even as the dancers at the start talked about their sheer joy of being chosen I was welling up
yea that started me off straight away. i wondered if it had been filmed after the 25th they were that emotional but someone said it wasnt

TWYMMF music arrangement
yeah and that bit. i keep remember bits i loved. i could have sat watching clips where hes just talking and directing for the entire film. i love to see just mj being himself.seeing the musician at work and seeing what a sweet humans being he is

this part was the part which was the most moving part of the whole movie. YES, let's his message carry on, it should be an obligation for every fan, this is it, this would make Michael happy.

And I LOVED "I can't just stop loving you", his voice was so tempting! And when he did the funky/jazzy parts, I was melting!

Yes it really was. It just showed he wanted to do it for his his fans but also for the "entire human race"
During the credits we all started swaying our hands in the air...

he waned to promote such a message and its only right we carry it on....

oh yes the vocal was just wow!

YEAHHH SPOILERS are ok here

I just can't get out of my head that Billie Jean part where he's doing the hip thing in slow motion.. it's just stuck in my head now and I just can't wait tomorrow to see it again

Other than that, the I just can't stop loving you is SO INTENSE! Gawd! He's touching her in a way...oh god! Starting of beat it, when he scream at the beginning, we all respomded creaming too in the theater, MAGIC!

And the rest just blew away all my expectations.

This was perfect. Thank you Michael, thank you soooo much!

I so agree with you on your post.... Just got home myself, he was as hot as ever, sexy man.... A very sad movie as well, to see him move and sing, and laugh, it all made me cry... Both at the beginning and at the end.... Thank you Michael..... I just can`t stop loving you....... I love you for ever...

yea that started me off straight away. i wondered if it had been filmed after the 25th they were that emotional but someone said it wasnt

That exact clip of all the dancers in tears was just after they had been chosen. filmed way at the beginning. I remember a clip being released probably April or May and put on the MJ live website that showed the selection process of the dancers. Back then, it totally hyped me up for the shows, now though, my heart just went out to these guys watching it again seeing their dreams come true only for them to never get on that London stage.

Amazing! Just amazing. No doubt, Michael still had it; this shows would've been astonishing!

It was a really nice atmosphere, people were applauding, singing, it felt so good, so real! You could just feel Michael there, it was magic! I loved Earth Song, but I got sad watching it, I could feel the tears coming. And the end was also very emotional for me.. "Love lives forever" :cry:

Everyone should see This Is It, it's amazing!. Michael was a genius, there will never be another one like him. I love you, Michael, and I miss you!

Thank you, Kenny Ortega! You did a wonderful job with the movie. I know you did it with L.O.V.E.

That exact clip of all the dancers in tears was just after they had been chosen. filmed way at the beginning. I remember a clip being released probably April or May and put on the MJ live website that showed the selection process of the dancers. Back then, it totally hyped me up for the shows, now though, my heart just went out to these guys watching it again seeing their dreams come true only for them to never get on that London stage.
user_online.gif
vbrep_register("2325367")
yeah u cant imagine how heartbreaking it has all been for them. just another kick in the stomach same as us never getting to see it. the joy on their faces through the whole reharsals was a lovely thing to see. they were like kids at xmas

So many bits that I'm trying to remember...when Michael laughed when Michael Bearden said he'd "put some booty" on it during the TWYMMF bit!

yeah u cant imagine how heartbreaking it has all been for them. just another kick in the stomach same as us never getting to see it. the joy on their faces through the whole reharsals was a lovely thing to see. they were like kids at xmas

you know in all the scenes in TII when the dancers are there off stage... they are all in front just cheering MJ on. They are on their feet cheering, dancing, praising, ~ their reactions show really "what a dream come true it was to be chosen for TII~ it is so touching and heartbreaking.

A question to those of you who have seen it **SPOILERS**

Just wondering, are there any tributes in the movie? Like, Kenny or the dancers talking about him, fans speaking at the end etc? Or, is it just MJ and nothing else?

Re: A question to those of you who have seen it **SPOILERS**

dancers at the begining talk about what it means to get on the tour and theres the odd clips through the film. musicans talking about mj. not alot where it would look like sucking up just the odd bits that fits in nicely

No it's basically just Michael. There are little pieces here and there from the dancers and the crew, but it's a minimal.

Ive just got back.

My............god.

I love that man with all my heart. He was just possesed in Billie Jean!!! I cant believe it. The dancers watching him perform it........watching their idol perform it was awesome!

I loved the whole thing.........it was funny, Michael had all the energy in the world and his singing was incredible.

Michael wouldnt have been helping save the world though if he had gotten to do his shows. The world would have exploded with his sheer awesomness!!!! :|

Thanks guys. That sounds pretty good. I was hoping there'd be something like that so we can hear exactly what it's like to work with him :)

True magic.
I'm so proud that we had the opportunity to have this beautiful person here on Earth but truely he belongs to Heaven.
Once again, you have amazed me, Michael. I wish I could express in words how much you mean to me.
I love you from the bottom of my heart and I'll love you for all time.
God bless you, Michael Jackson.

My Fav bit has got to be Right at the end after the credits!

i hope u guys have seen this.

i just came back from the cinema, and it was packed and everyone left when the credits came on. but me and my mate, stayed till the very end.
and i pissed myself laughing for ages about it.

was the clip right after the credits where MJ says

*touching his jacket*
'im just gunna button up my shirt'

'my jacket, whatever it is im wearing'

lol

thats got to be one of the best bits!

oh and MJ sucking on the lolly pop.
sooo cute :]

I just saw it today and all i can say is that the movie was awesome, spectacular, out of this world, great, fantastic, sweet, cool, good, epic, jaw dropping, mind blowing.

My personal highlights were

Smooth Criminal
Thriller
Beat It - ''Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'''
Earth Song
The Way You Make Me Feel
I Just Can't Stop Loving You

Hell the whole thing was fantastic and this was only just rehearsal footage. The real concert may have been to epic and awesome for people to handle and if these concerts did happen i think that by looking at the rehearsal footage Michael would have topped the Bad Tour

Fan Reviews - May Contain Spoilers!!

***SPOILER WARNING***

My Review:

Absolutely incredible. The movie was executed in such a way that you could not criticize it and then expect to be taken seriously - if you find fault with it, you have either chosen to forget it's rehearsal footage and/or you won't admit to his genius. His voice was top notch (even though it was rehearsals) and his dancing was of course, fantastic and the production was perfect in almost every aspect. The movie had me gripped from beginning to the end.

The movie is set up in the same order as how the concert would have taken place, meaning it opened with WBSS and Jam, and then made it's way through the set list, with behind the scenes footage in between each song. One thing that really got me going was the new take on his songs which made them sound NEW. Jam was one song in particular that I thought sounded even better than the original as it was reworked with more modern beats, and IJCSLY was sung to PERFECTION that just about everyone in the cinema was clapping and tearing up with Michael just losing it in the moment and singing his arse off.

Some of the most breathtaking parts of the film were the re-made video sequences for Smooth Criminal, Earth Song, Thriller and the set for TWYMMF. I cannot stress how cool Smooth Criminal was. This was going to be, by far, the biggest and greatest concert performance Michael had ever produced. I particularly enjoyed the end of Thriller, where they showed the dancers slowly descending down like rain, like the calm sequence from the Ghosts short film (with the same choir vocals - very calming and emotional)... then when they hit the bottom.. BAM... Threatened began playing. I was excited, to say the very least.

You also got short glimpses of Michael between the songs working with the musicians and his dancers which was quite funny at times. At times Michael would attempt to explain how he wanted the music to sound, in his own way that often drew a laugh from everybody. He was in command the entire time and you could see how he was involved in EVERY aspect of the production. One of my favourite parts was when Michael was trying out the cherry-picker for the Beat It sequence, and Kenny explained that it was only extended half way, and could go higher; which in turn made Michael say "Why did you tell me that? Now you know I wanna go higher!" along with Michael occasionally not paying attention and mucking around whilst Kenny tried explaining something which made me crack up.

Finally, the biggest thing for me was seeing Michael look healthy and happy. One thing you'll notice, and it stood out for me, was that Michael was smiling for the entire 2 hour movie. I was at ease more seeing him smiling as he sung, and when particular classics began playing.

I could go on but i'd end up recalling the entire film scene by scene.

11/10.

Re: What surprised you about the movie ( happily or sadly)

surprised how the footage we saw before the film of tdcau was in excellent quality but the one in the film that was the same footage looked very bad..Was it just me?

Back