Let's talk about this amazing movie! (SPOILERS!)

Re: What surprised you about the movie ( happily or sadly)

i told everyone b4 i went that i was going to cry from start to finish... i thought i would. i did cry alot but not all of my tears were from sorrow. Michael had me enthrawled from the start, i found myself smiling alot and just loving him and his ways.
his vocals amazed me, his dancing was awesome even though it was only rehearsels and he wasn't giving it his all, he was mesmerising and even though i was in a packed house i felt like i was in a place all my own, sad and happy all mixed together.
now i'm home and realisation has finally set in... there will be no more.
now my tears are flowing and i feel empty and cold and alone.

^ ^ ^ bless you. I feel the same. Alone and empty... and you realise MJ is not here. When in the cinema I could feel his presense. But now I'm in the sad reality of him not being here..Gah I miss him :(

i told everyone b4 i went that i was going to cry from start to finish... i thought i would. i did cry alot but not all of my tears were from sorrow. Michael had me enthrawled from the start, i found myself smiling alot and just loving him and his ways.
his vocals amazed me, his dancing was awesome even though it was only rehearsels and he wasn't giving it his all, he was mesmerising and even though i was in a packed house i felt like i was in a place all my own, sad and happy all mixed together.
now i'm home and realisation has finally set in... there will be no more.
now my tears are flowing and i feel empty and cold and alone.

I ditto every. single. word. of this.

I just feel such a deep, profound, yearning and missing for him.

thank you EM MJ.*hugs*
i just remembered too... i read some reviews b4 i went which said not to go when the credits came as there was more. so i stayed in my seat... nearly everyone had left there was a few of us left sitting there...waiting. but it was like an anti-climax, just silence so i alone started to clap and clap.. i would of whistled if i could. then finally the few that was left clapped too and it was like.... oh yessssss, about bloody time too.
why are us brits afflicted with this stiif upper lips ffs?

I saw it twice, practically back to back (45 minutes in between). First time (early morning), I sat all the way at back so I could see it "widscreen"-like. 2nd time I sat on the floor, front and center. It was like you could reach out and touch him. Lively crowd both times. They cheered during some songs (especially Billie Jean) clapped after others and applauded at the end (after Man in the Mirror). Some girls were doing the fangirl thing and shouted his name at the screen a time or two but it wasn't annoying. It was cute that they were all riled up. :lol: Great atmosphere even tho the theater wasn't filled to capacity. First showing was early in the morning but I was surprised to see that many ppl. It's a weekday and workday (I took today thru Friday as vacation days).

As for the movie itself, I was riveted during the first viewing; taking everything in. The music was A-MA-zing! If Sony does not release a LIVE album with that music, they would be negligent. Flippin' AWESOME! The band was killing it, not to mention Michael's vocals. Dear Lord! Good stuff!

Didn't have time for breakfast so I got popcorn, an icee and M&M's...and still barely ate or drank during the whole thing. I was just so focused on the screen...and Michael's voice. Omg, OMG. Fast or slow, he sounded the best since before Bad. If this was not on par with Bad, I'd say it was better...and to think this was Michael "saving" his voice and not giving his all. Incredible! I loved when he got into it and couldn't stop himself, like during Billie Jean and IJCSLY.

Second time, I enjoyed it; bopping to the music, really got into it without analyzing anything. And the sadness crept in becuz as I enjoyed myself it would hit me how we were cheated. We were robbed big time and so was he. The tears started during MITM cuz the second time I knew it was the beginning of the end of the movie and the time with him was about to be up.

I can't seem to put into words how great it all was in a way that others probably haven't already expressed. I do know that if this was Michael giving on 40 or 50%, then DAYUM, those London shows would have been killer. He was truly going to HURT us.

Best parts was seeing him in his element, seeing him in control, seeing him convey his message about the planet (Earth Song was just WOW), and seeing his humor. It was great to know others around me were experiencing the MJ most of us already knew of and loved. He was focused and had a purpose. Loved how he interacted with the crew. The bit where they were practicing the music for TWYMMF and he threw his hands up becuz Bearden did a note too soon cracked everyone up. Understated perfectionist melodrama...yet still so sweet and loving. :lol: Adorable! The man knew what he wanted. Great to see.

The movie was an emotional ride but overall, I absolutely loved and adored every second in those 111 minutes. Going to see it again in a couple of days. The DVD HAS to come out for Christmas, otherwise, I may have to seek *ahem* interim options of the "2 for $10" kind? :p Oh and the TWYMMF part was my fave. Love to see Michael smiling or being playful/flirtatious when he's singing and dancing and Mekia can WALK! That girl can seriously WALK!! Their interaction was full of chemistry. And the Thriller remake. OMG!

I know I said I couldn't say more but now I can't stop rambling. LOL! Seriously, it was phenomenal. Highly recommend it. If I had an extra thumb, I'd give it 3 thumbs up. The rehearsal footage is a reminder at what we've lost. There will never be another and no one at 100% will be able to match what Michael could do at 40%. I miss him. :(

Thank you, Michael. Even in death and in our grief you continue to give, inspire and make some of us happy. TII was full of L.O.V.E. Can't thank you enough. So proud...just as much as before. :heart:

The movie comforted me in some ways altho bittersweet.

Last edited:
Re: My Fav bit has got to be Right at the end after the credits!

The showing I went to the whole cinema laughed when Michael was on the cherry picker and Kenny went, 'Michael, please hold on.'

Re: Fan Reviews - May Contain Spoilers!!

Post where you saw it too, and any overwhelming reactions from the audience.

I was at Parramatta EVENT Cinemas in Sydney, Australia. Sold out as well. The audience would cheer and clap after every song.

I stayed after until the lights came on, because I knew there would be stuff. I appreciated the MJJ Productions logo at the end. I thought I was going to see it in the beginning. I loved all the funny stuff as well. Oh Michael. :cry:

our screening laughed A LOT. theres a lot of geniuinely funny moments!

Just got back from seeing it and what can I say....it was amazing!!
There was only about 15 people in the theatre and when the film started you could hear a pin drop it was so eerie!
Speechless moved me to tears straight away lol (I knew it would)
Michael is just so alive and electrifying in this movie you just can't take your eyes off him.
Earth song had me in floods of tears I just couldn't stop it was so beautiful :cry: I love the idea of the bull dozer instead of the tank like he did on the HIStory tour.
My husband,two children and I applauded after each song but we were the only ones :(
Nobody danced,sang or laughed,nothing!
I was a little disappointed as it would of been much better having a few fans there but it was early evening.
I loved every minute of the film and thought that it was very well put together.
I stayed till after the credits and I am so glad I did as everyone else except for one fan had gone :(
The cinema staff were also waiting for us to clear the theatre but I thought I am not leaving until its finished!
All four of us then stood up and gave Michael the standing ovation he deserved.The other fan who was by herself clapped as well.
A truely unforgettable night :)

Re: A question to those of you who have seen it **SPOILERS**

I was worried it was going to be loaded with "michael is so amazing" and not a lot of dancing... but thankfully it was mostly mike. a few bits here and there with people praising him, but never in an ass kissing way. they were all genuine.

gosh it was so fantastic i want to see it again!

I've just returned from the cinema, and I am not joking here, I was the only one in the cinema!, was very strange and felt a real connection with Michael. But loved every minute, especially Billie Jean performance and Just Can't Stop Loving U.

I just got back and its just amazing. For two hours I forgot that Michael is no longer here and enjoyed being with him again. My showing was sold out and people even started clapping right at the very beginning. At the very end the whole audience burst into raptuous applause and cheering. Loads of people wearing MJ t-shirts, including myself. It was an amazing experience. Thank you Michael. Thank you for your music and thank you for your love. L.O.V.E.

Re: A question to those of you who have seen it **SPOILERS**

I'm sure there are plenty of hours of footage that we haven't seen. Would love to see a complete rehearsal where he's dressed in gold glitter pants. Plus I'm sure there are more footage of him not performing ie back stage etc.

i jsut spent the last 30 minutes explaining the highlights to my girlfriend and now i want to go see it again. and again. and again.

they gotta hurry up and get that DVD on shelves! I MUST WATCH THIS AGAIN!

im so hyped up after reading all that. its like nothing can bring me down.

10/10
Man I actually got to see it twice, well we got there early and the movie was supposed to start at 2:10 but they told us to go to the auditorium and it was only like 12 and we walked in and the movie was playing and well I got to see the last half twice.
He was amazing!
I don't know about you but that little thing he added with the crotch grabbing in Billie Jean when he went all slow, holy crap how could you not hear the girls in the back fainting?! I mean I was like :dribble: Good thing it was dark :laugh:
I loved everything. Man I could just tell it was going to be an amazing show! :(
The stuff he added to his classics, just WOW!
My heart was seriously pounding during the song I Just Can't Stop Loving You and he was just soooo cute! The way he would tell people they were doing wrong but was so nice about it and he would say "That's why we have rehearsals."
:lmao: I laughed when I saw that part where he looks like he's spanking someone, no one could figure out why I was laughing but it made me laugh.

slow motion croth grab??? i know when he grabs his croth it takes him like 1 or 2 seconds.

how exactly was the slow motion crotch grab??? like how slow?

Who Is It Instrumental in the film :)

Can't believe I heard some of this in the film. It was so Amazing :)

i dont think its a northern eruo thing to do tbh. i went this morning first showing other than 4am about 30 ppl in there. it was sombre. ppl just sat there and took it in like a wake and at the end not a word was said like u get at the end of a film when ppl start chating about it. just refelctive quietness i guess as at that time i guess it was just fans in there
LOL, it was like that in my theater here as well. We saw TII twice, the first two showings today. Both times... not a peep from the audience. It was sooooooo quiet. but then, the theater was mostly empty (crazy, I know -- maybe just because it was afternoon on a weekday?) and Germans aren't exactly known for showing emotion ;)

I've just returned from the cinema, and I am not joking here, I was the only one in the cinema!, was very strange and felt a real connection with Michael. But loved every minute, especially Billie Jean performance and Just Can't Stop Loving U.

Really! That must of been strange but nice too :hug: Did you go alone?

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVED it!!! It was soooo wonderful seeing him again...I was smiling the whole time. Except for the beginning with the dancers...that made me tear up. :cry:
Man...it all only affirmed to me how completely BADASS the concert would have been. One of my favorites in the movie was "I just can't stop loving you"...he was so close and sensual with that girl...I was AWESTRUCK. :wild: And there was even a part where it looked like he was about to grab her boob but stopped himself...LOL.

God I love him...I must see this again...and again...and again. I had my little video recorder with me so I recorded like 15 minutes worth of some fave clips :D

Did everyone who go have a packed theater? There was only THREE other people in the theater with me when I went! :bugeyed

i just came back from the cinema, and it was packed and everyone left when the credits came on. but me and my mate, stayed till the very end.
and i pissed myself laughing for ages about it.

was the clip right after the credits where MJ says

*touching his jacket*
'im just gunna button up my shirt'

'my jacket, whatever it is im wearing'

lol

I'm so glad someone else caught that! It had me leaving the theatre with a smile on my face. Except for myself and 2 other people, everyone exited out while the credits were still rolling. Oh well, our patience was rewarded. :p

I wasn't going to see but wait for it on dvd because I didn't know how I would react but I had to go and I am glad I did. It was amazing. I didn't cry but smiled a lot watching him and tapping my foot on the floor to the music. I got emotional hearing the dancers at the beginning because it was such a dream come true for them. When I left I felt sad because he worked so hard and I wish he was able to do what he planned. It's not fair.

It was weird seeing him telling people what to do lol but he was kind and was a total professional. Smooth Criminal is my favorite song and I loved everything he was going to do. I think he did a mini moonwalk there or during WBSS. He didn't during Billie Jean and I wanted to see that but I could tell he was going through it and starting to do it but just stayed in the one spot and thinking where it would end if that makes sense. I believe he would have done it in the real show. That new move made me blush lol. I was like what are you doing lol.

I know this was only a glimpse and we didn't see everything that went on but there is no doubt he had the voice, the moves just everything. He loved being on stage and everything that went with it. There is nobody like him and there never will be.

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVED it!!! It was soooo wonderful seeing him again...I was smiling the whole time. Except for the beginning with the dancers...that made me tear up. :cry:
Man...it all only affirmed to me how completely BADASS the concert would have been. One of my favorites in the movie was "I just can't stop loving you"...he was so close and sensual with that girl...I was AWESTRUCK. :wild: And there was even a part where it looked like he was about to grab her boob but stopped himself...LOL.

God I love him...I must see this again...and again...and again. I had my little video recorder with me so I recorded like 15 minutes worth of some fave clips :D
LOLOL. Noticed that too. Hmmmm. :wub: Or how about when he motioned "come here" with his finger. :swoon: The second time we saw the film my husband jokingly grabbed my shoulder at that point... you know, 'holding me back' like I was going to up and leave with MJ :D And the slow-motion crotch grab.... ::innocent whistling:: .... WOW. Ok, the entire movie: WOW. I was sad, I was happy, I cried, I smiled, I laughed. God, London would have been wonderful. Not that I ever believed it wouldn't have been :(

Did everyone who go have a packed theater? There was only THREE other people in the theater with me when I went! :bugeyed
For the first showing (2:30pm) we walked into this huge theater and there was not one single person there. We were only fifteen minutes early. Finally some others showed up, but I think it was a total of like 10-15 people altogether. And then the second show (5:15pm) had about maybe 30 people. I was really surprised. But I haven't seen the kind of advertising here in Germany that there has been in the US. Our theater has reserved seating and I've checked showtimes like Friday night and on the weekend and those showings are much closer to sold out. I guess it was just that most people can't attend films on a weekday afternoon. Still I thought there'd be more fans.

Last edited:

hehehe...yeah...that was SO cute. I was glad I stayed all the way till the end...I knew there would be somethin! :p

I just loved hearing the live music, especially Jam, Smooth Criminal and loved the Black and White guitar solo, wow this show would have blown the roof off. Fav performance was Billie Jean, he seemed to get into it towards the end.LOL. There was one bit where he danced and pretend to put make-up on in a mirror, very funny. Just loved his new quick side moonwalk, made up for not seeing the actual moonwalk. Hope there's alot more material to come with the Blu-ray, would love to see a complete rehearsal where he's wearing the red shirt, looks like the best quality. One thing, what we saw was only half of the concert. I wondered the part where they showed a fire stage effect, would of been the set for Dirty Diana? No Off the Wall performance. I would hope Kenny will reveal the complete set list and complete ideas for the concert. Plus how the concert would of ended.

I expected to cry all the way through, but in fact I didn't shed a tear. It was joyful from beginning to end. I was astonished (I don't know why???) at the pristine quality of Michael's voice. It is beyond belief--so, so, so BEAUTIFUL--even better than before. I loved his dance, as always, and was tickled by his new moves and the new nuances in some of his old moves. He is the BEST. The sets were extraordinary. Everyone who was involved was so talented and dedicated. And clearly everyone had the greatest love and respect for Michael as a person, a leader and an artist. Michael was both commanding and humble. He looked tired and a bit stressed sometimes because he was obviously working very hard.

I love him more than words can say. I am very grateful to Kenny Ortega for producing this film and allowing us to experience the beauty and awesome talent of our darling Michael once again.

God bless all who contributed to this film.

Back