Let's talk about this amazing movie! (SPOILERS!)

He was also very funny at times, the parts where he said...people i can't be doing this, i need to save my voice. Or when he was on that thing and said 'weeeeee' hahaa. And Ortega said something about it and Michael went 'Kenny, why do you say this, you know i want to go higher' LOL! But the doc simply showed that he was a true mastermind. Knew exactly what he wanted . That part with the piano guy ..he kept going wrong, Michael said..slow it down, and boy was he right..as soon as the guy slowed it down, it sounded perfect.

That part with the piano guy ..he kept going wrong, Michael said..slow it down, and boy was he right..as soon as the guy slowed it down, it sounded perfect.

Also it was funny when he said put a little booty on it, MJ laughed and said "put a little bo.." while laughing he couldn't say the last word. :)

Ok so what dates where each outfit from?

I heard that most of the footage is from the 22nd, 23rd and 24th.

I know that the ones where hes wearing like a suit are from the 23rd, and the ones with the baggy pants are from the 24th. I assumed that the one in the silver/gold jacket is from the 22nd.

So when is the one in the gold pants from??

Aww, yeah, I recognised the "curls for my girl"s t-shirt immediately :yes:

The movie was absolutely amazing! Michael was stunning! :wub:
I went Wednesday evening with my husband, he collected me right from uni and we drove quickly to the cinema.
I was so excited! At first I wondered if we had gone into the wrong complex because of the audience: from elderly people (60 and 70+) to middle aged people, teenagers and children, everyone was there!

And then I experienced something completely new: I have never heard Germans clapping or singing and cheering while watching a movie at the cinema. But that evening it happened and the atmosphere was awesome.

I loved especially Smooth Criminal and Thriller. It would have been a hell of a concert! I watched the movie yesterday again and I will go Thursday as well! :clapping:

I wonder if we'll ever get to see Thriller and SC with 3D glasses like it was meant to be seen.
It was so good as is but I was thinking when the stuff was coming at us on the regular screen how good it would be in 3D.

When the end credits were over and it showed the clip of Michael's feet walking (Like the clip at the start of Moonwalker) a little girl yells out in the cinema where i was ''Oh are they gonna show Moonwalker? Cool!''

Ok so what dates where each outfit from?

I heard that most of the footage is from the 22nd, 23rd and 24th.

I know that the ones where hes wearing like a suit are from the 23rd, and the ones with the baggy pants are from the 24th. I assumed that the one in the silver/gold jacket is from the 22nd.

So when is the one in the gold pants from??

Was gold pants at Staples or was that still at the forum?

This was discussed in another thread and I believe its because the purpose of This is it was to spread the message to start helping the environment and there where rumours that Michael wanted to take This is It to other cities around the world over a 3 or 4 year period.

When Michael was talking about saving the planet, he said we've got four years to do something before the damage we've done to the planet is irreversable. He's encouraging people to do something to help reverse global warming and destruction.

Question, in IJCSLY... after hugging the girl... why is he doing that thing with his arm like he wanted to clean something on the floor, I actually tought it could have been something with the aura or the energy that he wanted to 'clean ' (don't know how to put it better)

or maybe he just farted :lmao:

No seriously, did you notice that? I tought it was weird, like he wanted to cut this contact he just had with that girl in some 'energy' way...

the 'curls for my curls' shirt, was given by a fan, did she have it specially printed for him? Or was that a slogan on the T shirt that u can just buy???

I'd like a shirt like that.

I like the words. & it's so true.........he definitely brought back the curls for his girls.......:)

the 'curls for my curls' shirt, was given by a fan, did she have it specially printed for him? Or was that a slogan on the T shirt that u can just buy???

I'd like a shirt like that.

I like the words. & it's so true.........he definitely brought back the curls for his girls.......:)

I think its a fan made shirt, I could be wrong though.

I know what happened, his was putting like roses or flowers in front of her
it's a theatrical thing :)

Question, in IJCSLY... after hugging the girl... why is he doing that thing with his arm like he wanted to clean something on the floor, I actually tought it could have been something with the aura or the energy that he wanted to 'clean ' (don't know how to put it better)

or maybe he just farted :lmao:

No seriously, did you notice that? I tought it was weird, like he wanted to cut this contact he just had with that girl in some 'energy' way...

He was putting like roses or flowers in front of her while doing this thing with his arm
I am pretty sure :)

Just got back from seeing TII for the second time but at the IMAX . WOW! What a difference from a regular cinema. The sound really kick as* and MJ on the huge screen. Awesome! So much better. I wish the IMAX would be closer to my house, I'd go back several more times. It was an afternoon showing so just a dozen people but we had best choice of seats. I'd like to experience it with a full house of enthousiastic fans though. It would be fun.

He was putting like roses or flowers in front of her while doing this thing with his arm
I am pretty sure :)

I personally believe it was symbolic of the lyrics being sung at that time..Cleaning up ie we can change all the world tomorrow

just the hands movements represented that to me

Watching the movie for the second time was even better! I thought that I might not enjoy it as much, being more aware of lip syncing, but it honestly doesn't really bother me anymore. I'm just happy to take this movie for what it is, the last performance of the greatest entertainer we'll ever see!

You know, I saw "this is it" 3 times and I noticed that Michael was smiling a LOT in the film while he was dancing, more than we already saw. He was so happy to be back on stage you see that on his face and his smiles. He was smiling during Thriller dance, he was smiling a lot in the first seconds of WBSS etc....
Just wanted to share that feeling

I saw the movie twice. the first time, it was hard to be emotional because Michael was so present. I did not know the order of the songs and I did not know what the last song was going to be. it was hard to think of him as dead because he seemed so alive on the screen. By the time the movie ended, I was reflective but not crying. When I went the second time, when it got close to the end of the movie, I knew it was the end. It was hard not to cry knowing that it was the end and you are watching the performances of someone who is no longer alive. I was very sad the second time. It was harder to watch.

I just came back from seeing TII for the third time. The cinema is 5 min from me so it's hard to resist when 7 pm comes around and there's nothing better to do that spending a couple of hours with Michael.

Just a few tears this time but loving the movie more and more. I'm obsessed. Now that I can't start taking my eyes of Michael and observe and hear every little detail, it's even better.

Re: This Is It – My Experience [Spoiler Alert!]

Instead of writing a review, I will just share my experience during the times I went to see the movie and as a Michael Jackson fan since 1980 I really owe to myself to document this experience.

First viewing – Very Emotional
I saw it in the local premier at 9 PM at Mall of the Emirates (the mall with one of the largest indoor ski resorts). I paid extra for “Gold Class” for me and my wife. I wasn’t looking for extra comfort or luxury I was looking for privacy because I was sure there will be lots of tears. While I was on the way we were listing to slow music from Michael and the trip was a complete silence. It was emotional even before the movie starts. I made the right decision to reserve in Gold Class, it had limited seating, restricted to 18+ and costs $30 and that gave it some kind of exclusivity especially for the type of people (fans) who wants to see this movie. As expected, they were very mature and very respectful, amongst them I saw three at the age of my parent’s, 50-60 age groups.

The minute the movie started I stopped eating or drinking anything, I wanted to give it my full attention. I was going to see Michael without any expectations or any influence. I wasn’t critical about what I was going to see. I only cared about seeing him for the last time.

I can’t find the words to describe how I really felt during the movie, I can say I was mesmerized, thrilled, happy, sad, amazed, tearful, emotional, brokenhearted, drifted to another world and I was honored to witness this historical event.

The movie ended after 11 PM and some people stayed with us till the end of the credits which we saw a short clip of Michael. On my way back home I realized that I will never have closure, not any time soon… I had a sleepless night but I slept for few hours with a help of a sleeping pill.

Second viewing – The Biggest & Wildest Fun!!
This time I went to see the movie next day on 29th October with the kids in the same place but it was the normal cinema. The youngest of the three musketeers didn’t attend because he was sick. I have three boys, 4, 6 and 8 years old. They are all MJ fans especially the middle one.

The audience was a mixture of many different nationalities and age groups. Lots of teenagers and I was worried if there were hate comments and swearing and stuff that I didn’t want my kids to hear :fear:, thankfully it wasn’t. It wasn’t anything like yesterday!! It was like as if we were attending an actual concert!! :shout: It was very loud and very enthusiastic. I have never seen anything like that in my life in cinemas. They turned this movie into a LIVE CONCERT… :wild:

[Spoiler Alert!]

… Before it starts there were many shouts and screams… “MICHAEL WE LOVE YOU”… “MICHAEL”… “MICHAEL”… “MICHAEL”…

The movie started and when Michael was revealed they went screaming… “WOOOW”… and the whole venue was shaking from applause…

It was AMAZING… They were singing along… LOUDLY!... “MA MA SE, MA MA SA, MA MA COO SA”

There were lots of laughs…. crouch-grabbing session was hilarious... Michael’s humor... :toofunny:

Lots of amazement reactions towards the Drill… After TDCAU that smile made them go “OUH” or “AAWW”!!

There was lots of clapping DURING and AFTER each song…

His performance during Human Nature was amazing and even more amazing that this was just a rehearsal!

Smooth Criminal started with a film and when Michael appeared some said “HERE YOU ARE”, I guess many of them didn’t know it was the song, when the title came out they went CRAZY! And I can hear people say “YESSS” including my kids…

At the end of TWYMMF there were lots of whistles… :naughty:

I think I heard people cry during ICSLY.

:zombie: Everyone was amazed by THRILLER and there were lots of noise and it was totally out of control. The staff were unable to contain the audience, I saw them going around lots of times. They even once turned ON the lights for few seconds. :D

During the movie you can still hear… “MICHAEL WE LOVE YOU”… many times, and when Michael said “I love you” to his team, the audience responded “I LOVE YOU TOO”… “I LOVE YOU MORE”…

You know how Michael starts with Beat It… It was just like in the real concert they were repeating after him… And then the music started and Michael went “AAAAAAAAAAAWW” Next to us people were DANCING in their seats and jumping up and down… :jumpy:

Beat It and Black or White are my eldest’s favorite songs because he loves guitars.

Earth Song was amazing, I loved it and it was obvious everyone did… The light intro and light beam made people like” WAAAAAAAAW” also when he talked about the world.

Bellie Jean was the next song. :wild: It was ELECTRIFYING! I saw kids (probably under 8 years) left their seats and went dancing in front of the screen… you can hear them say “MOONWALK”… Singing along and going wild… During his solo at the end of the song they went crazier and chanting … “GO MICHAEL”… “GO MICHAEL”… “GO MICHAEL”…

Man In The Mirror was the final song… I thought it is time they all settle down but I was WRONG… It was something I never saw happen before in a cinema… Lots of fans used their mobile phones with screens turned ON as LIGHTS instead of candles or lighters and they were waving all together during the song… Someone took a picture, I wish I had a camera. It was such a great scene. The venue was light up by their phones! And it also felt emotional in the same time! Even my 6 years old leaned towards me and hugged me.

The credits came and we were hysterically clapping and the lights came out, I saw some female fans crying, some of them covering their faces, I heard someone said “It was better than expected” and “Why did he go”…

I never been to a concert-movie before so I couldn’t predict what was going to happing, I had fears if someone would be rude especially there were lots of teens, I didn’t hear anything negative or offensive, they were just very loud and we enjoyed it. It is amazing that Michael can make people go wild even when he is just rehearsing!!! He didn’t give his 100%, it was not an actual show, not a complete performance, not even an actual movie, it wasn’t planned to be a movie, and he made people go crazy!!! Only Michael! :sad2:

Thank you Michael :clapping:

Third Viewing – Attention To Details
I saw the movie for the third time on 1st of November at Reel cinemas at the Dubai Mall. I decided to go in the afternoon where there are less people because I wanted to experience the movie differently, first time it was very emotional, second time it was very loud and fun, this time it was very quiet and I went alone. It was great so I can pay more attention to everything about the movie with love, L.O.V.E. :heart: :wub:

Wow. What an emotional experience for you Arabian Knight. I am afraid to go to a movie theater to see this...due to some personal memories of him for me. I think I'd rather wait till it goes out on DVD. That way I can cry my heart out all by myself...

I saw it today for the 4th time with my family.

Wow. What an emotional experience for you Arabian Knight. I am afraid to go to a movie theater to see this...due to some personal memories of him for me. I think I'd rather wait till it goes out on DVD. That way I can cry my heart out all by myself...

Yes Linda, it is very hard and I totally understand how you feel. Every time the movie ends I have to deal with the fact that Michael passed away, it gets harder every time especially when you are alone and keep thinking about it.

I saw it for my first time today! I was good. Almost cried when he started to sing Man In The Mirror.

I thought they should have more bits of him joke and stuff, he was very serious about everything, every sound had to be perfect. It felt a little wrong watching these, knowing that Michael did not know it would be out for everyone. I wish he could have maked it to atleast 1 concert :(

Back