Let's talk about this amazing movie! (SPOILERS!)

Re: This Is It – My Experience [Spoiler Alert!]

Instead of writing a review, I will just share my experience during the two times I went to see the movie and as a Michael Jackson fan since 1980 I really owe to myself to document this experience.

First viewing – Very emotional
I saw it in the local premier at 9 PM at Mall of the Emirates (the mall with one of the largest indoor ski resorts). I paid extra for “Gold Class” for me and my wife. I wasn’t looking for extra comfort or luxury I was looking for privacy because I was sure there will be lots of tears. While I was on the way we were listing to slow music from Michael and the trip was a complete silence. It was emotional even before the movie starts. I made the right decision to reserve in Gold Class, it had limited seating, restricted to 18+ and costs $30 and that gave it some kind of exclusivity especially for the type of people (fans) who wants to see this movie. As expected, they were very mature and very respectful, amongst them I saw three at the age of my parent’s, 50-60 age groups.

The minute the movie started I stopped eating or drinking anything, I wanted to give it my full attention. I was going to see Michael without any expectations or any influence. I wasn’t critical about what I was going to see. I only cared about seeing him for the last time.

I can’t find the words to describe how I really felt during the movie, I can say I was mesmerized, thrilled, happy, sad, amazed, tearful, emotional, brokenhearted, drifted to another world and I was honored to witness this historical event.

The movie ended after 11 PM and some people stayed with us till the end of the credits which we saw a short clip of Michael. On my way back home I realized that I will never have closure, not any time soon… I had a sleepless night but I slept for few hours with a help of a sleeping pill.

Second viewing – The biggest and wildest fun!!
This time I went to see the movie next day on 29th October with the kids in the same place but it was the normal cinema. The youngest of the three musketeers didn’t attend because he was sick. I have three boys, 4, 6 and 8 years old. They are all MJ fans especially the middle one.

The audience was a mixture of many different nationalities and age groups. Lots of teenagers and I was worried if there were hate comments and swearing and stuff that I didn’t want my kids to hear :fear:, thankfully it wasn’t. It wasn’t anything like yesterday!! It was like as if we were attending an actual concert!! :shout: It was very loud and very enthusiastic. I have never seen anything like that in my life in cinemas. They turned this movie into a LIVE CONCERT… :wild:

[Spoiler Alert!]

… Before it starts there were many shouts and screams… “MICHAEL WE LOVE YOU”… “MICHAEL”… “MICHAEL”… “MICHAEL”…

The movie started and when Michael was revealed they went screaming… “WOOOW”… and the whole venue was shaking from applause…

It was AMAZING… They were singing along… LOUDLY!... “MA MA SE, MA MA SA, MA MA COO SA”

There were lots of laughs…. crouch-grabbing session was hilarious... Michael’s humor... :toofunny:

Lots of amazement reactions towards the Drill… After TDCAU that smile made them go “OUH” or “AAWW”!!

There was lots of clapping DURING and AFTER each song…

His performance during Human Nature was amazing and even more amazing that this was just a rehearsal!

Smooth Criminal started with a film and when Michael appeared some said “HERE YOU ARE”, I guess many of them didn’t know it was the song, when the title came out they went CRAZY! And I can hear people say “YESSS” including my kids…

At the end of TWYMMF there were lots of whistles… :naughty:

I think I heard people cry during ICSLY.

:zombie: Everyone was amazed by THRILLER and there were lots of noise and it was totally out of control. The staff were unable to contain the audience, I saw them going around lots of times. They even once turned ON the lights for few seconds. :D

During the movie you can still hear… “MICHAEL WE LOVE YOU”… many times, and when Michael said “I love you” to his team, the audience responded “I LOVE YOU TOO”… “I LOVE YOU MORE”…

You know how Michael starts with Beat It… It was just like in the real concert they were repeating after him… And then the music started and Michael went “AAAAAAAAAAAWW” Next to us people were DANCING in their seats and jumping up and down… :jumpy:

Beat It and Black or White are my eldest’s favorite songs because he loves guitars.

Earth Song was amazing, I loved it and it was obvious everyone did… The light intro and light beam made people like” WAAAAAAAAW” also when he talked about the world.

Bellie Jean was the next song. :wild: It was ELECTRIFYING! I saw kids (probably under 8 years) left their seats and went dancing in front of the screen… you can hear them say “MOONWALK”… Singing along and going wild… During his solo at the end of the song they went crazier and chanting … “GO MICHAEL”… “GO MICHAEL”… “GO MICHAEL”…

Man In The Mirror was the final song… I thought it is time they all settle down but I was WRONG… It was something I never saw happen before in a cinema… Lots of fans used their mobile phones with screens turned ON as LIGHTS instead of candles or lighters and they were waving all together during the song… Someone took a picture, I wish I had a camera. It was such a great scene. The venue was light up by their phones! And it also felt emotional in the same time! Even my 6 years old leaned towards me and hugged me.

The credits came and we were hysterically clapping and the lights came out, I saw some female fans crying, some of them covering their faces, I heard someone said “It was better than expected” and “Why did he go”…

I never been to a concert-movie before so I couldn’t predict what was going to happing, I had fears if someone would be rude especially there were lots of teens, I didn’t hear anything negative or offensive, they were just very loud and we enjoyed it. It is amazing that Michael can make people go wild even when he is just rehearsing!!! He didn’t give his 100%, it was not an actual show, note a complete performance, not even an actual movie, it wasn’t planned to be a movie, and he made people go crazy!!! Only Michael! :sad2:

Thank you Michael :clapping:

Excellent:clapping:

Ive only been once. Unfortunately I cannot afford to go more than once atm, otherwise id probably see it a second time.

You should try and go again. I much, much preferred it second time round. I don't even know why...

I wish when I went the crowd would have been like the way others described. It was quiet for me. I had to keep all my emotions inside but I was tapping my foot on the ground to the music and bopping my head lol. I have only seen it once so far.

Wow...Arabian Knight thank you for sharing! :)

The whole movie was just great....I loved the Speechless part a lot :)

It was amazing! I’m thankful that my thread was moved here I didn’t check this thread before, the spoiler alert scared me away :D, I saw the movie already and I would love to read all your reactions, reviews and experiences. Thanks :)

Well today was my first time seeing it, I enjoyed the movie ALOT, but teared up during "I'll Be There". Cool thing about it was, I went early during the day, so I was the only person in the theatre, so it felt very intimate, almost like I had Michael all to myself for that hour and a half. The end and when the credits rolled just broke my heart into pieces, as I got ready to leave, I looked up at the screen and said "Goodbye Michael", turned my back, and walked towards the exit, only to turn around and see the scene after the credits, thats when I said my final goodbye and left the theater. That hurt me so much, I'm tearing up now just typing about it.

It was a great movie, and I'll definately be seeing it again within the next week with friends and maybe family. Also, question to those who may know, was Heal The World recently re-recorded? Because the one during the credits didnt sound like the original song and album version, Michael sounded older, like he did in much of the film, which made me wonder.

As I sat there just before the start of the movie, lights turned off, everyone was becoming silent and telling their young ones to 'hush' ; It occurred to me that we all were there for 1 reason - for him and were here because of him. He was an gift from god and still is. We all love you MJ and thats such an understatement.

I loved the scene when he had the lollipop & if anyone can find this please- I've looked & can't: the news channels showed this clip upon hearing of his passing. I loved this scene: the guitar players going doing her thing, the musics going, MJs on stage and he turns to face the guitar player then he turns his other side then he turns to the guitar player LOL ; it looked as though he was so confused as to what to do but I know it was just the adrenaline rush MJ was getting from the music and stuff... I think fog or smoke appears & the windblow machine is blowing something up...

Just saw it for the first time. LOVED IT SOOO MUCH. Can't wait to see it again!!!!!

I just wrote out quite a long thing from my reaction to seeing this is it.......but had 'timed out' so had to log back in and lost all of what I had typed!!!!! Frustrating!!! :-(

Well I am trying again.

I actually cried through almost all of it.............sorry.........but I did. :doh:
I am glad I am seeing it again as hopefully I'll be ok next time!

The highlights for me were even from the very beginning, listening to the chosen dancers reactions to having been selected to dance and work with Michael......
the way MJ took command..........was so precise about how he wanted it etc............

His playfullness when on the cherry picker........... his sheer hard work that was going into producing this piece of artistry and amazing show for US all................. using advanced pioneering technology............the way MJ breaks the boundries to bring us his best..........:)

Thank you so much Michael..............

L.O.V.E YOU ........... :cheers:

Last edited:
Well today was my first time seeing it, I enjoyed the movie ALOT, but teared up during "I'll Be There". Cool thing about it was, I went early during the day, so I was the only person in the theatre, so it felt very intimate, almost like I had Michael all to myself for that hour and a half. The end and when the credits rolled just broke my heart into pieces, as I got ready to leave, I looked up at the screen and said "Goodbye Michael", turned my back, and walked towards the exit, only to turn around and see the scene after the credits, thats when I said my final goodbye and left the theater. That hurt me so much, I'm tearing up now just typing about it.

It was a great movie, and I'll definately be seeing it again within the next week with friends and maybe family. Also, question to those who may know, was Heal The World recently re-recorded? Because the one during the credits didnt sound like the original song and album version, Michael sounded older, like he did in much of the film, which made me wonder.

Aww your post got me teared up. Esp the part when you say "thats when i said my final goodbye and left the theatre" Awwwwwwww. Thats exactly how i felt too. I didnt even expect it to end with Man in the Mirror, so when it did i was in a complete shock and was like "whaaat this is it" I didnt want the movie to end. :( Why do we love him so much. Why why why...

i get so sad when i think about earth song and thriller, that was from the 24th of june.... he then went home to leave forever.....

i get so sad when i think about earth song and thriller, that was from the 24th of june.... he then went home to leave forever.....

Was it?? How do you know it was from June 24th?

Another bit I just remember is before Human Nature. Hes going through it with Ortega and someone else. Hes singing something like 'Keeping her around, keeping her around round round'.

I swear, it is the most beautiful sound I have ever heard.

Last edited:
That's right because a fan here gave that to him the shirt and he wore it the wed (june 24). I found out this after I watched the movie.

Was it?? How do you know it was from June 24th?

Another bit I just remember is before Human Nature. Hes going through it with Ortega and someone else. Hes singing something like 'Keeping her around, keeping her around round round'.

I swear, it is the most beautiful sound I have ever heard.

I think Travis Payne had said in an interview last week that the Thriller dress rehearsal was done the day before he had passed. I think he also said that Michael was so happy how it had turned out.

I knew this watching the movie, so when I was watching the Thriller part and then later Earth Song, I got very emotional knowing that this was June 24th. :(

what killed me is that his last word to us is "heal the world, I love you. MJ!" then I started to think back what the world did to him... This world didn't deserve him, he belongs to the better place.

Okay, I'm from Jamaica and I went last night to see my first viewing of This Is It and my concensus?.......ABSOLUTELY MASTERFUL!:yes:

The theatre was packed and from the first moment Michael appeared on the screen, people started clapping!:clap: The claps would erupt at the end of certain performances as well, not to mention the singing that went on. The man was funny indeed (people seemed to have been so amused by the way Mike expressed himself with words), his creativity was so captivating and just to watch him do his thing was an honor. :clapping:

I swore before going to see this film that I would be crying, but for some reason I did'nt and I was happy about that 'cause at no point did I want to miss anything Michael was doing on that screen.

This Is It certainly did IT for me. I can't say that this will bring closure for me, 'cause honestly I don't think anything will.

Oh yeah! "I'll Feel It." That WAS great!

I want this on dvd right now! :)

I think when I get the dvd, I'm going to have 2 versions: First the one I buy and then I'll make an edited version containing only the performances and I'll try adding crowd noise into it to make it like a concert and less of a documentary. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this film as a documentary, but I think it'd be cool to also have it as a concert on the side. :)

That is a REALLY good idea...That would turn out awesome...

Watched it again yesterday. This time I could enjoy it even more since I was more relaxed. It was the first time I've heard my mom say the following words about a film: "I would watch it again."

I went to see it with friends last saturday, among them two die-hard MJ fans, just like me. It was amazing, i knew Michael was the best ever, but i wasn't expecting this. 50 years and singing like it was NOTHING, so good. Several times me and my friend looked at eachother and said...'WTF' . We were that impressed.

Parts when Mike said he was gonna save his voice and take it easy, but then he starts singing....that was saving your voice Michael? Good lord, that was frickin' incredible. At times i got the shivers and sometimes almost tearing, with songs like I'll be there and Earth Song. Oh man, those songs were amazing live...words cannot describe that. It was brilliant to see that Michael really was the BOSS there, he was really showing those young people how it's done...but in a very calm and respectful way, so nice.

Another thing became quite clear for me, after seeing how much things they were gonna improve and change. Like the mini-films for Smooth Criminal, the new stuff for Thriller, Earth Song, instead of simply
Michael performing the songs, they made new things for these songs, when i saw these things, and also the love that went into this project....it became very very clear that this really wasn't a show to simply make some money to pay his debts and be done with it. Like Ortega said..we've been talking about this for two years and then Michael called me and said 'This is it'. And my god, what a perfectionist he was, wow.

Back