Let's talk about this amazing movie! (SPOILERS!)

Thanks Dave & TSCM for going into more detail! :) Just read that Mike did not Moonwalk during the film!!!!!? I am shocked! I can picture him doing a little slide type of deal similar to the Dangerous Tour rehearsals, but NO Moonwalk at all!?

Unless I didn't see correctly, I believe he did do a moonwalk during the Smooth Criminal routine alongside the backup dancers--but it happened right as I glanced to a different part and it was just a brief part of the overall sequence.

The Billie Jean rehearsal that was shown was, as Michael pointed out, just to "get a feel" for the song and was far from the final product. He had no props (no glove or fedora), no spotlight, and was really just testing out different dance moves throughout.

IJCSLY was also very impressive. Michael was so cute.

Yeah it was. Did you notice where he sort of flubbed a line and then when the girl came in and was singing the correct verse? That look he gave her was priceless. :) One of my favorite parts of the movie.

When he said hey to someone on the cherry picker was funny to me. I just thought it was random.:D

When he said hey to someone on the cherry picker was funny to me. I just thought it was random.:D

Forgot about that part....That was funny. lol

Like I said before, I'm still kind of in a daze after seeing this. More memories will come back to me in time.

Everything in this movie is a delight for the heart, the eyes, the soul and the love we have for Michael.

I didn't think it was possible, but I love Michael even more now.

Re: My This Is It Review - Contains slight spoilers

Right on. Especially with the ending. My number one hope is that people understand what this film is, that they don't go in expecting to be BLOWN away by a multi-million dollar project. Some parts do blow you away, but that's not the point of the film. It's not to say "Look how amazing this would have been", but to say "This is Michael. This is a glimpse at what he was up to in his last few months. This is his last labor of love. This is how we should remember him - not as this giant, larger than life, superhuman superstar character, but as a beautiful, beautiful, brilliant guy whose talent will never find an equal."

Hey what about that live version of Heal The World during the credits? I didn't expect that at all. He sounded so good.

I was hoping to see the complete version of Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground), but it was just the intro. That was some crazy dancing! I hope the dvd contains the complete version of the song (and Dirty Diana!)

yes when he was on the cherry picker he said hi! it was so cute and kept telling him to hold on. Such sweet memories will haunt us. damn!! I wished somewhere he had said hi to his children, it would of make them feel so close to him when they see the movie.

I guess it's bed time for me. This movie really made my day. Can't wait for the DVD.:D:wub:

Everything in this movie is a delight for the heart, the eyes, the soul and the love we have for Michael.

I didn't think it was possible, but I love Michael even more now.

I'm with ya. I totally understand what you mean. Hopefully not only will we all becoem bigger fans, but hopefully also Michael gains tons of new fans with this movie. I think he will.

yes when he was on the cherry picker he said hi! it was so cute and kept telling him to hold on. Such sweet memories will haunt us. damn!! I wished somewhere he had said hi to his children, it would of make them feel so close to him when they see the movie.

I forgot I thought his kids were gonna be in the movie. I know I read somewhere that they were on the set during filming.

I guess it's bed time for me. This movie really made my day. Can't wait for the DVD.:D:wub:

I need to go to sleep too, but I'm so wide awake after watching this movie. lol

oh, one of my favs as from Thriller when MJ pop's out from the life size spider on the stage.

awesome.

3D in the audience at the concert would have been SICK!!!!

Tell me about it. 3d would have been insane...absolutely insane. And I totally wasn't expecting to see Mike come out of that Spider!

YEAHHH SPOILERS are ok here

I just can't get out of my head that Billie Jean part where he's doing the hip thing in slow motion.. it's just stuck in my head now and I just can't wait tomorrow to see it again

Other than that, the I just can't stop loving you is SO INTENSE! Gawd! He's touching her in a way...oh god! Starting of beat it, when he scream at the beginning, we all respomded creaming too in the theater, MAGIC!

And the rest just blew away all my expectations.

This was perfect. Thank you Michael, thank you soooo much!

YES!! YES!! YES!!! the billie jean slow motion crotch grab...OMG..HOT!!!!!! that part won't leave my mind!! and I just can't stop loving you...i wish i knew the words to describe that performance...it was AMAZING!! i can't wait to see the movie again...

I think it depends on what the crowd is like. At my theater, it was stone-cold silent throughout most of the movie except for a few laughs here and there and a couple rounds of applause. So yeah I was eating popcorn.

But others are saying it was almost like attending a concert, so I think it just depends on your fellow movie-goers and how lively they are, Draliongirl. :)

lol. I hadn't time to do that. Everyone at my theater was all MJ fan. They were like attending "this is it" concert. Cheering, applauding, laughing, singing, waving glow sticks, did everything they could imagine.

lol. I hadn't time to do that. Everyone at my theater was all MJ fan. They were like attending "this is it" concert. Cheering, applauding, laughing, singing, waving glow sticks, did everything they could imagine.

You're so lucky. Sounds like a LOT of fun.

My crowd was crap...c-r-a-p crap lol

Did eveyone in your theather go aww when it said dedicated to Prince, Paris, and Blanket?

Did eveyone in your theather go aww when it said dedicated to Prince, Paris, and Blanket?

No. My people seriously sucked. I got a little teary-eyed at that part, but the crowd...dude.....they were just solemn and quiet and it sucked. I wanted to groove with MJ, but nobody else (that I could see or hear) was.

Wish I could watch it again right now.

Anybody notice the smile on his face during They Don't Care About Us? I loved it. He looked like a little kid who was on top of the world. I know he was smiling because he was in his element...he was "home" by being on stage performing.

Speaking of TDCAU.....he did one of my favorite MJ dance moves during it....that hop/skip thing. So so cool.

Remember the part where the Russian lady was telling the guys how to grab there crouch.:hysterical:

When he gestured the lady to come here with is finger during I Can't Stop Loving You. That part was so sexy.:wub:

Things just keeping popping in my head about the movie.

Off to bed now.

Peace MJJC.:)

Last edited:
We just got back from the premiere here in Pensacola, FL and we were completely blown away!!! Michael's live voice sounded so incredible and smooth, we were literally in tears during Human Nature.....my god that was an incredible performance. He killed us with Billie Jean, I was on the edge of my seat the whole performance. It was clear that with his incredible live singing, the stage effects, 3D portions / Dome Project, and those wild prop ghost they planned to be flying over the crowd during Thriller (everyone remember that part of the film?) -- MJ was going to give the most incredible series of concerts anyone has seen in years from any performer, ever. I had no idea he would be singing live so much, it was WONDERFUL to hear him sing again, and really did he still have it!!! WOW!

What a creative genius, what vision. The Smooth Criminal intro was so cool, it really amazed me, seeing him in the Smooth Criminal pinstripe suit during the SC intro video, brought me right back to when I saw "Moonwalker" for the first time - he looked GREAT in that scene, so cool and smooth.

I was actually disappointed that not many people showed up for the premiere at the "RAVE" theater here in Pensacola (maybe because it was a late 11:00PM showing on a work night for most?? Don't Know, I expected many more people) -- we counted maybe 20 or so people in the entire theater, max --- however, the great thing was that the small audience that was there with us, was really into it, so we were all having a blast!! Everyone who came were real fans, clapping along and cheering, we literally treated it like a mini-concert and we all had so much fun together -- it was very intimate showing with such as small crowd and everyone was having a great time together, united for this great experience, just as MJ would have wanted I would imagine. Everyone even stayed past the end credits and we all shared our thoughts about how we all enjoyed it so much as we walked out to our cars together -- it was really great, we even made new friends too. Looking forward to going to see the film again Thursday night.

Also, can't hardly wait to see what kind of extra's they put on the DVD/Blu-Ray, we are really hoping for even more incredible performance footage (Dirty Diana would be great, even if incomplete).

I wanted to kindly say to those who are a part of the "This Is NOT It" campaign. I completely respect your decisions and reasons for not wanting to see the movie - I do understand your positions 100%. However, I want to stress the movie really shows us what a talent was lost, the film did not even mention what happened to him (we all feel that we know the truth from what I have read here at the MJJC) - actually, the complete focus was all about the greatest entertainer in the world, the true King of Pop performing, and I really do feel it would be terrible for MJ's hard work to be wasted and not seen by the world, it was the best I have seen him perform in some time now (much like the old days), even though this was only rehearsal footage (One can only imagine what the full show could have been....unreal). It was a great reminder to those awful critics and MJ haters out there of just why he was and always will be the best there is (the performances are really that good and MJ appeared to be having a great time from what they showed us in the film, whole story or not). If it is about the money, or Sony, or AEG, or whatever, I still would highly recommend checking the film out for yourself if you choose to, just to see the wonderful side of things, the good times from MJ, MJ's smiles and laughs, his passion, as it is an amazing sight to behold.

On a really personal level, it really helped me greatly, as I have been having a hard time with the grief of losing him, I have actually thought about him everyday since the day we lost him -- but just getting to see him one more time ("one more chance") was really worth it for me personally and helped a lot. Once again, I don't want to seem like I am trying to change anyone's mind on the matter, and again still, I honestly respect everyone's personal choice on the matter, I just wanted to share my own opinion of what a great time it was seeing him and how much it meant to me personally.

Thank You Michael Jackson for your hard work, you will be missed greatly. Much Love.

Levi

P.S.
I would love to read other MJJC member's "This Is It" stories too! Tell us all about your experience.

Remember the part where the Russian lady was telling the guys how to grab there crouch.:hysterical:

Off to be now.

Peace MJJC.:)

Yeah. That was funny. :D

Good night, Tyga. I wish I could sleep too....but I'm wide awake now. lol

I'm in work now after coming from the cinema. I've a feeling l'll be asleep on the desk later on but for now I am on top of the world.

This film was way more impressive than I imagined it could be. It was powerful and gentle at the same time. The demo of the lights was fantasic, after an amazing firework intro, Kenny said 'thats great, now can we have that plus 100'. Then we had Michael, describing the music to the guy on keyboard, its needs to be more 'like being dragged up outta bed'. I love how he described things. It was always with love. L.o.v.e.

I love how he talked about how he felt about saving the planet, the reason why he wrote Earth Song. It is all so true. 'everyone says they (the government) are going to solve the problem. They? Who are they? There are no they. It starts with us.'

Now guys my brain isn't up to full speed so my quotes are a bit mixed up - not verbatum but you get the general gist of what i'm saying.

I think I fell in love with Michael a little bit more - I didn't realise that was possible. I still feel blown away by it all. I'm arranging to book tickets to go see it again, so I can perfect my quotes :cheeky:.

Last edited:
We just got back from the premiere here in Pensacola, FL and we were completely blown away!!! Michael's live voice sounded so incredible and smooth, we were literally in tears during Human Nature.....my god that was an incredible performance. He killed us with Billie Jean, I was on the edge of my seat the whole performance. It was clear that with his incredible live singing, the stage effects, 3D portions / Dome Project, and those wild prop ghost they planned to be flying over the crowd during Thriller (everyone remember that part of the film?) -- MJ was going to give the most incredible series of concerts anyone has seen in years from any performer, ever. I had no idea he would be singing live so much, it was WONDERFUL to hear him sing again, and really did he still have it!!! WOW!

What a creative genius, what vision. The Smooth Criminal intro was so cool, it really amazed me, seeing him in the Smooth Criminal pinstripe suit during the SC intro video, brought me right back to when I saw "Moonwalker" for the first time - he looked GREAT in that scene, so cool and smooth.

I was actually disappointed that not many people showed up for the premiere at the "RAVE" theater here in Pensacola (maybe because it was a late 11:00PM showing on a work night for most?? Don't Know, I expected many more people) -- we counted maybe 20 or so people in the entire theater, max --- however, the great thing was that the small audience that was there with us, was really into it, so we were all having a blast!! Everyone who came were real fans, clapping along and cheering, we literally treated it like a mini-concert and we all had so much fun together -- it was very intimate showing with such as small crowd and everyone was having a great time together, united for this great experience, just as MJ would have wanted I would imagine. Everyone even stayed past the end credits and we all shared our thoughts about how we all enjoyed it so much as we walked out to our cars together -- it was really great, we even made new friends too. Looking forward to going to see the film again Thursday night.

Also, can't hardly wait to see what kind of extra's they put on the DVD/Blu-Ray, we are really hoping for even more incredible performance footage (Dirty Diana would be great, even if incomplete).

I wanted to kindly say to those who are a part of the "This Is NOT It" campaign. I completely respect your decisions and reasons for not wanting to see the movie - I do understand your positions 100%. However, I want to stress the movie really shows us what a talent was lost, the film did not even mention what happened to him (we all feel that we know the truth from what I have read here at the MJJC) - actually, the complete focus was all about the greatest entertainer in the world, the true King of Pop performing, and I really do feel it would be terrible for MJ's hard work to be wasted and not seen by the world, it was the best I have seen him perform in some time now (much like the old days), even though this was only rehearsal footage (One can only imagine what the full show could have been....unreal). It was a great reminder to those awful critics and MJ haters out there of just why he was and always will be the best there is (the performances are really that good and MJ appeared to be having a great time from what they showed us in the film, whole story or not). If it is about the money, or Sony, or AEG, or whatever, I still would highly recommend checking the film out for yourself if you choose to, just to see the wonderful side of things, the good times from MJ, MJ's smiles and laughs, his passion, as it is an amazing sight to behold.

On a really personal level, it really helped me greatly, as I have been having a hard time with the grief of losing him, I have actually thought about him everyday since the day we lost him -- but just getting to see him one more time ("one more chance") was really worth it for me personally and helped a lot. Once again, I don't want to seem like I am trying to change anyone's mind on the matter, and again still, I honestly respect everyone's personal choice on the matter, I just wanted to share my own opinion of what a great time it was seeing him and how much it meant to me personally.

Thank You Michael Jackson for your hard work, you will be missed greatly. Much Love.

Levi

P.S.
I would love to read other MJJC member's "This Is It" stories too! Tell us all about your experience.

Great, great post Levi! I'm with you 100% on everything you said here!

I was also disappointed with how many people showed up to the theater I saw it at. It was only about half-full. The other theater it was showing at sold-out weeks ago though, so I feel better about that. :)

And I agree about the This Is Not It campaign. Guys, I respect your reasons for not wanting to go see it....but you just have to as a fan. You just have to. This is something you truly do not want to miss.

Yes that drill sequence was crazy good. I love when he's chewing gum and practicing the routine with the dancers. It looked like it was a walk in the park for him and it all came so naturally.
OH MY GOD! I loved that. I completely know what you mean. It was like breathing to him. So effortlessly! I loved that and the gum chewing too.

It was so silent in the theather at the opening when text was scrolling everyone was reading it. You could hear a pin drop. Everyone was so into the movie. I never been with a crowd in a movie like that before.:wub:
That's how my threatre was. It was SOOOO quiet. Ppl talked and joked during the dancing but when the next song would come on it would get SOOO quiet. Ppl in my theatre laughed alot at michael's jokes. lol

Who finds faults in this movie is sick in the head..
Michael knows when the beat is not right, you cannot fool this man. he is unlike any other performer/singer/dancer.
It is so true there will never be another Michael ever..
He sure does. and if you not on point michael WILL let you know. It seem to me that michael breaden or bearden had a little bit of an attituted with mike on some of the parts esp. human nature. :smilerolleyes: But dude can play. I loved how kenny was mikes right hand man. I like kenny. I really do.

I also want to add that the way they started the movie with those commentaries by some of the dancers was brilliant. It felt like I was watching an actual fictional movie about young dancers moving to the big city to catch their big break, lol.
lol so Know what you mean.

I also liked how they started the concert part of the movie with the robot opening like Michael wanted.
Oh my GOD. I was blown away by that robot. I was just imagining seeing that live and it woulda been amazing. WOW! Also I loved all the special effects!

Forgot about that part....That was funny. lol

Like I said before, I'm still kind of in a daze after seeing this. More memories will come back to me in time.
I am too Its, Its like I saw the movie but its hazy to me. That's why im going again :lol:

Tell me about it. 3d would have been insane...absolutely insane. And I totally wasn't expecting to see Mike come out of that Spider!
Me either. How jaw dropping would that have been live. Wow! I wish there was an IMAX near me!

my thoughts:

michael's sing left me in awe esp. human nature, & IJCSLY. (he did have to reserve the voice and was right to do so.)

I loved the doom project thingy and the little movie they made. Also I love when michael says "cool move, cool move but the end is too wide" and he's chewing that gum. Ah GOD I love that. SO sexy.

I loved the threatened bit at the end of thriller. :clapping:

Michael's dancing was on point. He did a bit more newer moverments and was trying out things. ppl in my threatre laughed at the pushing air arm move thingy during human nature" lol

um what else what else, I just loved seeing him talk and direct. Boy he is a man with a VISION! Michael really knows how music and visual presentation should be. GOD he's a genius!

ummm wow its still hazy. lol! the cherry picker was funny, that's why we have rehearsal funny, talking about add some booty to it. lol

Daag man. I thought I would just see this again on friday but I want to see it before friday and maybe after. lol

I have to keep thinking:scratch:.... Oh yeah michael took the beat it crotch grab to a whole nother level. :clapping:

on a side note the only thing that threw me were the costumes. Like those red pants and gold jacket was not on point. lol im just saying what was michael bush thinking. But there wasnt even full dress rehearsal's, most was just regular get up so who know what michae would have been really wearing. The costumes for michael that they showed michael bush working on was amazing though. So yeah the live show outfit would have been better im sure of it. I just didn't like the red pants and gold jacket. lol

um...michael was so sexy at the audition. um my GOD he was so sexy. They showed him with his glass off. Jesus help me he was just too FINE!:wub:

Back