Lisa Marie Presley * Designated discussion thread for everything LMP

I also think One of the reason she took pills behind michael's back and hold to get preg is the Scientology. In rabbi's Michael tape book, he said Lisa got pushy to ask Michael to join her cult to the point Michael had to tell her stop. Didn't her current husband Michael Lockwood only joined Scientology after they got married and before her pregnancy? back then after Nic cage disvorced her i remember see some news about what a control freak LMP was and how horrible she treated Nic such as she threw away all cage's comic books, didn't allow him to take medicine when he was sick and forced him to join Scientology... Lol

Lisa is obviously a liar.. she recently told the UK magazine that 'yes' she wanted kids with MJ 'in the beginning' but there were others that got in the way and they both allowed that to happen:bugeyed During her 2003 rants she told Playboy mag that 'she got out of that one' meaning she didn't want to have kids with him and she did things to make sure it didn't happen. We all know according to MJ after the divorce she was following him around the world and sending notes to his mother offering 9 kids. So which story is it? why is she such a liar?
OMG! NO she didn't LIE...again! Please, oh please share the link will ya! lol I wanna read it for myself! This women I swear! Can't believe she got defenders out there, women don't know what lies to say anymore! The ony one that got in the way of them having kids was HER! No one can stop u from screwing ur man when ya want to and getting pregnant lady! Sorry I had to say it like it is! lmao

By the way is her new hubby Michael

I also think One of the reason she took pills behind michael's back and hold to get preg is the Scientology. In rabbi's Michael tape book, he said Lisa got pushy to ask Michael to join her cult to the point Michael had to tell her stop. Didn't her current husband Michael Lockwood only joined Scientology after they got married and before her pregnancy? back then after Nic cage disvorced her i remember see some news about what a control freak LMP was and how horrible she treated Nic such as she threw away all cage's comic books, didn't allow him to take medicine when he was sick and forced him to join Scientology... Lol

Wow she actually threw nic's comic books away just cuz he wouldnt go in scientology ? gosh she was touchy aye lol But didnt lisa choose to leave scientology now cuz she found out some ppl there were i dont know saying/ or doing things beind her back?

OMG! NO she didn't LIE...again! Please, oh please share the link will ya! lol I wanna read it for myself! This women I swear! Can't believe she got defenders out there, women don't know what lies to say anymore! The ony one that got in the way of them having kids was HER! No one can stop u from screwing ur man when ya want to and getting pregnant lady! Sorry I had to say it like it is! lmao

By the way is her new hubby Michael

i dont ever remember her saying those excat words and i think you are twisting it and also this

Are u saying some woman said or this or lisa herself?

^^NO, a woman said that comment about Michael. Lisa did not say this.

So Lisa finally left scientology? Is that true? Does that mean we will see a better Lisa who defends Michael now.

elbtj9.gif
:wacko:

How an English village rescued Elvis's girl: Lisa Marie Presley explains how moving to Sussex saved her sanity

By CHRISSY ILEY
PUBLISHED: 02:17, 9 November 2012 | UPDATED: 08:05, 9 November 2012

Locals say Elvis Presley's only daughter, who inherited his $100 million fortune at the age of 25, 16 years after his death, helps out in the mobile fish and chip van too. Lisa Marie Presley lives on a 50-acre farm just outside the picture-postcard village of Rotherfield in East Sussex, where she has been seen playing darts and drinking Guinness and champagne in the nearby Kings Arms.

However, she raises an eyebrow to me to indicate some of the stories about her new-found enthusiasm for the rural life might be an exaggeration. And as for the chip shop, she has explained she did it for two hours to help a friend, but was not asked back.

'It was fun, but I was told I'm not cut out for deep fat frying', she said.

But why has 44-year-old Lisa Marie chosen the English countryside - albeit a heavily guarded £9 million estate - over her mansion in Los Angeles and her role as chatelaine of Graceland, the Presley family home in Memphis, Tennessee?

'I wanted to embrace village life here. I love it', she tells me. 'I love what is simple. People know right from wrong, they know good from bad.

'All my life I was surrounded. I had assistants for this and that. An entourage. And entourages are the worst.

'So I got rid of everybody, literally, and started from ground zero.'

She was turning her back on troubled times.

'I was around the wrong people for a long time, people who have no conscience, people who are doing the most draconian things and I had no idea about any of it.

'I was an emotional wreck, therefore I needed simplicity. I needed loyalty, and loyalty is a big thing in the village - they are protective and sweet.'

When she says this, it sounds like she could be Elvis, who got caught up in the excess of his own life and never lost a love of country living and Tennessee.

'Yes, it's true. I certainly didn't have all of that in Los Angeles.'

She certainly looks like her father - particularly her eyes, her sultry gaze and her jaw line. She also has a huge presence that draws you in, and she still dreams of following in his blue suede shoes as a singing star.

I've watched her in concert and when she's on stage, you can't take your eyes off her. Performing songs from her new album Storm & Grace, she has raw emotion.

The lyrics, which she wrote, are about loss, grief, love, self-destruction. On stage she's coquettish, flirts with the audience, and has a commanding charisma. But by contrast, when I meet her she is huddled into the corner of a sofa, scarcely able to raise her large eyes to look at me.

Her chestnut hair falls over her face, and she seems tiny. I tell her that the feel of the record is the kind of music that her father would have loved.

Quietly she says: 'Yes, I hope so. I think he would like it. I think he would also understand how I have had to navigate to get here.

'This was from a very raw and natural place. In the past, I was surrounded by the wrong elements, and it created a lot of anger.

'I didn't know where it was coming from until I got rid of it. I was shadow boxing a lot.

'I wrote one song, Soften The Blows, one day feeling vulnerable about life and finding a way to put down how I was feeling.

'After moving here I felt I could appreciate Los Angeles more.'

She lives at Rotherfield with her fourth husband, California-born musician Michael Lockwood, father of her four-year-old twin daughters Harper and Finley.

On her album notes she says of Lockwood: 'I've never known or experienced a more supportive, loving, selfless, devoted human being in all of my life . . . Your love and support are the very foundation of my sanity and stability.'

Her first marriage, which lasted six years, was to musician and prominent Scientologist Danny Keough, with whom she had two children, Riley, now 23, and Benjamin, 20.

There followed a two-year marriage to Michael Jackson, with irreconcilable differences cited as the reason for the break-up.

Her subsequent marriage to actor Nicholas Cage lasted just 108 days.

She married Lockwood in 2006. I tell her I have met all her ex- husbands and her mother, Priscilla.

'That's interesting,' she says, trying hard to put the entire circus behind her. Indeed, although she is wrapped up in her singing and songwriting career, family life comes first.

She's been sighted trying to food-shop anonymously in nearby Tunbridge Wells, and Harper and Finley are home-schooled.

Benjamin is finding his own way as a musician, 'but he keeps things close to the bone'. Is that a Presley family tradition? 'Probably, yes.'

Elvis is certainly known to have kept his real feelings to himself.

Priscilla Presley, on the other hand, is said to be very forthright. I tell Lisa Marie how her mother once admitted to me she was so terrified of gaining weight when she was pregnant she ate only boiled eggs . . . Lisa Marie finishes the sentence: '. . . and apples.

'She gained seven pounds. My mum had some strange ideas. At one point she didn't even want her dog to get fat. She's not like that any more.

'She was 20, 21 years old and my father had beauties and actresses surrounding him at all times, and there was so much pressure on her to stay absolutely flawless. I will never be flawless.'

I can see that she is very different from Priscilla, not only in looks but in personality.

'I have never had the idea that I have to look a certain way, that I have to look young.'

It must have been a lot of pressure for her growing up with a mother who wanted to be flawless and a father who was one of the most famous men in the world.

She shrugs. 'I don't know. I wasn't really close to my mum growing up. I didn't get close to her till my mid-30s. We were like oil and water.

'Now we're the best of friends. But it took us a long time to find a way to each other. We just didn't have a relationship.

'I lived with her till I turned 17, and on the eve of my 17th birthday I moved out.

'It was mostly due to the men she chose to be with. I wasn't a fan of them, and that always got in the way of our relationship.'

Girls and mothers can be rivals, I suggest.

'Yes, it's true. But now she and I have found our way.

'She is the first person I call if anything happens and the same likewise. Thank God we have that.'

Perhaps she always felt closer to her daddy and desperately lonely because the one person who understood her was not there - he died when she was nine.

'Yes, he was the one I was closest to. Of course, I was devastated when he died.'

She tells a poignant story of how as a little girl she would wake up in the middle of the night to find him sitting by her bed, watching TV.

'It was because he wanted to be close to me. I loved that.

'He was an incredible father. I felt very loved, very protected. Some things made him unhappy and the people around him who weren't good were a big part of that . . . I wasn't aware of the drugs until the very end, when he would appear slightly disconnected.'

Perhaps she grew up too quickly, being an only child with one parent and a lot of loss?

'Probably. What I was exposed to early in life was a lot. I feel I've lived many lifetimes in my lifetime.'

Is that why she married so early, because she felt she'd lived many lives and was mature?

'I felt I needed to. I was pregnant at 20. I wanted to have children early on. I wanted to ground myself and care for them. I was always maternal, so looking after them was my priority right away.'

I wonder if she still has that nurturing instinct, that saving syndrome. It's been written this was her compulsion for Michael Jackson, to save him.

She looks at me suspiciously. 'What do you mean?'

You see a wounded man, a wounded soul, and you want to step in and save it.

'Yes, of course, to some degree, but not to the point of risking my own life and sanity.'

It didn't start off like that with her first husband, with whom she now shares 'a great relationship'.

She says he was the one keeping her on the rails. 'I was the one who was wild. Then we flipped. I got it together and he went off the rails.'

Less than three weeks after her divorce from Danny, she married Jackson, whom she had known since she was seven.

'I fell in love with him,' she explained recently. 'We were similar in a lot of ways. We didn't have conventional lives. There were things about Michael that reminded me about my dad. Both were incredibly dynamic and iconic.'

But that sort of life, and those days, are 6,000 miles and ten hours on a plane from Rotherfield.

'I don't obscure my kids and my music and loyal friends with silly stuff,' she says. 'You have to be more complicated to pursue the simple.

'I looked at what so many people surround themselves with, and there's just so much toxicity. Everyone is out for something. I had surrounded myself with the wrong people.

'They blocked my view and when they went out of the way, I could see what was going on.

'If I did something horrible to somebody, one of my friends particularly, it would destroy me. There was betrayal around me for years. Getting out started a process. It's good now that it's gone.'

She says songs she has written for Storm & Grace felt like a new beginning.

'Although sometimes tortured, they were therapeutic. And I wonder if she finds it comforting that many people can empathise with the pain of love, loss and self-destruction.

'For a lot of her life she seemed to have lived in a bubble.

'There has been a huge misconception of me because I helped create it,' she explains. 'I've done records before but this is an intimate index of who I am. 'I just want to keep working. That's what makes me the most happy. I don't think you can ever exorcise insecurities and fears, you just have to address them when they come.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-explains-love-simple-life.html#ixzz2BinBITfy

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE HOW REPORTERS DON'T TRY AND FIND A 'REASON' FOR LMP TO MARRY ANY OF HER OTHER HUSBANDS...

I know defending and supporting MJ in 2005 would have risked her life *rolleyes* Michael surrounded himself with a lot of fake people!!!

During his trial, she was thankful she left him and therefore she had nothing to do with him, now after his death she feels the need to play the role "I tried to save his life"...Really??

Overall, this woman said she's not going to talk about MJ again lol

I know defending and supporting MJ in 2005 would have risked her life *rolleyes* Michael surrounded himself with a lot of fake people!!!

During his trial, she was thankful she left him and therefore she had nothing to do with him, now after his death she feels the need to play the role "I tried to save his life"...Really??

Overall, this woman said she's not going to talk about MJ again lol

exactly... she is a complete fraud.. when he was here she was ashamed and embarrassed that she ever married MJ. She laughed and mocked him too now since his passing 'I fell in love with him', 'he reminded me of my Dad both dynamic and iconic' etc... she is so full of crap it's ridiculous...

LastTear;3735165 said:
How an English village rescued Elvis's girl: Lisa Marie Presley explains how moving to Sussex saved her sanity

By CHRISSY ILEY
PUBLISHED: 02:17, 9 November 2012 | UPDATED: 08:05, 9 November 2012

Locals say Elvis Presley's only daughter, who inherited his $100 million fortune at the age of 25, 16 years after his death, helps out in the mobile fish and chip van too. Lisa Marie Presley lives on a 50-acre farm just outside the picture-postcard village of Rotherfield in East Sussex, where she has been seen playing darts and drinking Guinness and champagne in the nearby Kings Arms.

However, she raises an eyebrow to me to indicate some of the stories about her new-found enthusiasm for the rural life might be an exaggeration. And as for the chip shop, she has explained she did it for two hours to help a friend, but was not asked back.

'It was fun, but I was told I'm not cut out for deep fat frying', she said.

But why has 44-year-old Lisa Marie chosen the English countryside - albeit a heavily guarded £9 million estate - over her mansion in Los Angeles and her role as chatelaine of Graceland, the Presley family home in Memphis, Tennessee?

'I wanted to embrace village life here. I love it', she tells me. 'I love what is simple. People know right from wrong, they know good from bad.

'All my life I was surrounded. I had assistants for this and that. An entourage. And entourages are the worst.

'So I got rid of everybody, literally, and started from ground zero.'

She was turning her back on troubled times.

'I was around the wrong people for a long time, people who have no conscience, people who are doing the most draconian things and I had no idea about any of it.

'I was an emotional wreck, therefore I needed simplicity. I needed loyalty, and loyalty is a big thing in the village - they are protective and sweet.'

When she says this, it sounds like she could be Elvis, who got caught up in the excess of his own life and never lost a love of country living and Tennessee.

'Yes, it's true. I certainly didn't have all of that in Los Angeles.'

She certainly looks like her father - particularly her eyes, her sultry gaze and her jaw line. She also has a huge presence that draws you in, and she still dreams of following in his blue suede shoes as a singing star.

I've watched her in concert and when she's on stage, you can't take your eyes off her. Performing songs from her new album Storm & Grace, she has raw emotion.

The lyrics, which she wrote, are about loss, grief, love, self-destruction. On stage she's coquettish, flirts with the audience, and has a commanding charisma. But by contrast, when I meet her she is huddled into the corner of a sofa, scarcely able to raise her large eyes to look at me.

Her chestnut hair falls over her face, and she seems tiny. I tell her that the feel of the record is the kind of music that her father would have loved.

Quietly she says: 'Yes, I hope so. I think he would like it. I think he would also understand how I have had to navigate to get here.

'This was from a very raw and natural place. In the past, I was surrounded by the wrong elements, and it created a lot of anger.

'I didn't know where it was coming from until I got rid of it. I was shadow boxing a lot.

'I wrote one song, Soften The Blows, one day feeling vulnerable about life and finding a way to put down how I was feeling.

'After moving here I felt I could appreciate Los Angeles more.'

She lives at Rotherfield with her fourth husband, California-born musician Michael Lockwood, father of her four-year-old twin daughters Harper and Finley.

On her album notes she says of Lockwood: 'I've never known or experienced a more supportive, loving, selfless, devoted human being in all of my life . . . Your love and support are the very foundation of my sanity and stability.'

Her first marriage, which lasted six years, was to musician and prominent Scientologist Danny Keough, with whom she had two children, Riley, now 23, and Benjamin, 20.

There followed a two-year marriage to Michael Jackson, with irreconcilable differences cited as the reason for the break-up.

Her subsequent marriage to actor Nicholas Cage lasted just 108 days.

She married Lockwood in 2006. I tell her I have met all her ex- husbands and her mother, Priscilla.

'That's interesting,' she says, trying hard to put the entire circus behind her. Indeed, although she is wrapped up in her singing and songwriting career, family life comes first.

She's been sighted trying to food-shop anonymously in nearby Tunbridge Wells, and Harper and Finley are home-schooled.

Benjamin is finding his own way as a musician, 'but he keeps things close to the bone'. Is that a Presley family tradition? 'Probably, yes.'

Elvis is certainly known to have kept his real feelings to himself.

Priscilla Presley, on the other hand, is said to be very forthright. I tell Lisa Marie how her mother once admitted to me she was so terrified of gaining weight when she was pregnant she ate only boiled eggs . . . Lisa Marie finishes the sentence: '. . . and apples.

'She gained seven pounds. My mum had some strange ideas. At one point she didn't even want her dog to get fat. She's not like that any more.

'She was 20, 21 years old and my father had beauties and actresses surrounding him at all times, and there was so much pressure on her to stay absolutely flawless. I will never be flawless.'

I can see that she is very different from Priscilla, not only in looks but in personality.

'I have never had the idea that I have to look a certain way, that I have to look young.'

It must have been a lot of pressure for her growing up with a mother who wanted to be flawless and a father who was one of the most famous men in the world.

She shrugs. 'I don't know. I wasn't really close to my mum growing up. I didn't get close to her till my mid-30s. We were like oil and water.

'Now we're the best of friends. But it took us a long time to find a way to each other. We just didn't have a relationship.

'I lived with her till I turned 17, and on the eve of my 17th birthday I moved out.

'It was mostly due to the men she chose to be with. I wasn't a fan of them, and that always got in the way of our relationship.'

Girls and mothers can be rivals, I suggest.

'Yes, it's true. But now she and I have found our way.

'She is the first person I call if anything happens and the same likewise. Thank God we have that.'

Perhaps she always felt closer to her daddy and desperately lonely because the one person who understood her was not there - he died when she was nine.

'Yes, he was the one I was closest to. Of course, I was devastated when he died.'

She tells a poignant story of how as a little girl she would wake up in the middle of the night to find him sitting by her bed, watching TV.

'It was because he wanted to be close to me. I loved that.

'He was an incredible father. I felt very loved, very protected. Some things made him unhappy and the people around him who weren't good were a big part of that . . . I wasn't aware of the drugs until the very end, when he would appear slightly disconnected.'

Perhaps she grew up too quickly, being an only child with one parent and a lot of loss?

'Probably. What I was exposed to early in life was a lot. I feel I've lived many lifetimes in my lifetime.'

Is that why she married so early, because she felt she'd lived many lives and was mature?

'I felt I needed to. I was pregnant at 20. I wanted to have children early on. I wanted to ground myself and care for them. I was always maternal, so looking after them was my priority right away.'

I wonder if she still has that nurturing instinct, that saving syndrome. It's been written this was her compulsion for Michael Jackson, to save him.

She looks at me suspiciously. 'What do you mean?'

You see a wounded man, a wounded soul, and you want to step in and save it.

'Yes, of course, to some degree, but not to the point of risking my own life and sanity.'

It didn't start off like that with her first husband, with whom she now shares 'a great relationship'.

She says he was the one keeping her on the rails. 'I was the one who was wild. Then we flipped. I got it together and he went off the rails.'

Less than three weeks after her divorce from Danny, she married Jackson, whom she had known since she was seven.

'I fell in love with him,' she explained recently. 'We were similar in a lot of ways. We didn't have conventional lives. There were things about Michael that reminded me about my dad. Both were incredibly dynamic and iconic.'

But that sort of life, and those days, are 6,000 miles and ten hours on a plane from Rotherfield.

'I don't obscure my kids and my music and loyal friends with silly stuff,' she says. 'You have to be more complicated to pursue the simple.

'I looked at what so many people surround themselves with, and there's just so much toxicity. Everyone is out for something. I had surrounded myself with the wrong people.

'They blocked my view and when they went out of the way, I could see what was going on.

'If I did something horrible to somebody, one of my friends particularly, it would destroy me. There was betrayal around me for years. Getting out started a process. It's good now that it's gone.'

She says songs she has written for Storm & Grace felt like a new beginning.

'Although sometimes tortured, they were therapeutic. And I wonder if she finds it comforting that many people can empathise with the pain of love, loss and self-destruction.

'For a lot of her life she seemed to have lived in a bubble.

'There has been a huge misconception of me because I helped create it,' she explains. 'I've done records before but this is an intimate index of who I am. 'I just want to keep working. That's what makes me the most happy. I don't think you can ever exorcise insecurities and fears, you just have to address them when they come.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-explains-love-simple-life.html#ixzz2BinBITfy

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE HOW REPORTERS DON'T TRY AND FIND A 'REASON' FOR LMP TO MARRY ANY OF HER OTHER HUSBANDS...

angfw5.gif

The big thing I notice about that article is how the reporter tries to make her seem so lovable, human, and acts as though he understands her and wants the reader to admire her. The problems with her mother are glossed over, and there is no attempt to psychoanalyze Lisa or the bond between mother and daughter. The tone of the article is very soft. Contrast that to how they write up about Michael or interview him.

What I want to know is, is there no small town or community in the US where people help each other? Is it only in England one can find peace and happiness, know right from wrong and good from bad? Don't get me wrong I visit relatives in England each year, but Lisa gives reasons for living in Sussex as though such an environment is only found in England. I hope that now that she found these people who know right and good, she will embrace these values and do and say the right and good thing the next time she discusses Michael in the media. We all know there will be another discussion of Michael.

It seems to me that the problems she had with people in LA is the same problem she claimed Michael had when she talked about the people around him. If they both had the same problems, how come she spoke about Michael's with such scorn before?

Reading this article I get the feeling that Lisa thinks peace, good, and bad is outside the person, but maybe she should look within and find these things within herself first.

Is Lisa's comments about her songs and the emotions connected to them similar to Adele's story. Didn't Adele write her album due to some sadness or loss. I know the stories are not exactly alike but there is some similarity about songs emotions. I know Adele is big in England and hope Lisa is not trying to compete with Adele somehow.

Last edited:
The big thing I notice about that article is how the reporter tries to make her seem so lovable, human, and acts as though he understands her and wants the reader to admire her. The problems with her mother are glossed over, and there is no attempt to psychoanalyze Lisa or the bond between mother and daughter. The tone of the article is very soft. Contrast that to how they write up about Michael or interview him.

What I want to know is, is there no small town or community in the US where people help each other? Is it only in England one can find peace and happiness, know right from wrong and good from bad? Don't get me wrong I visit relatives in England each year, but Lisa gives reasons for living in Sussex as though such an environment is only found in England. I hope that now that she found these people who know right and good, she will embrace these values and do and say the right and good thing the next time she discusses Michael in the media. We all know there will be another discussion of Michael.

It seems to me that the problems she had with people in LA is the same problem she claimed Michael had when she talked about the people around him. If they both had the same problems, how come she spoke about Michael's with such scorn before?

Reading this article I get the feeling that Lisa thinks peace, good, and bad is outside the person, but maybe she should look within and find these things within herself first.

Is Lisa's comments about her songs and the emotions connected to them similar to Adele's story. Didn't Adele write her album due to some sadness or loss. I know the stories are not exactly alike but there is some similarity about songs emotions. I know Adele is big in England and hope Lisa is not trying to compete with Adele somehow.

Yes, I read those questions and I thought the reporter must have been a friend of hers. Also there have been a few articles about LMP in that paper and I didn't see the point in that article because it didn't say anything different to what had been reported before. Also I agree on your point how Lisa appears to think that happiness etc happens outside, perhaps that explains a lot.

I have said it before, I just wish Lisa would explain why she spoke so cruelly about Michael in the past but now sings his praises, even if she were to say 'I was just really mad at him', I would understand that. To be honest she shocked me with her honesty during her last oprah stint when she said what she had said to MJ on the phone in 2005, yes I thought it was horrible timing but part of me admired her honesty. The trouble is that interviewers never ask the questions I want them to ask! LOL

I know Adele is big in England and hope Lisa is not trying to compete with Adele somehow.

Even though adele is pretty much a new singer that just came out in the music industry at least she can actulally sing unlike lisa lol

Yes, I read those questions and I thought the reporter must have been a friend of hers. Also there have been a few articles about LMP in that paper and I didn't see the point in that article because it didn't say anything different to what had been reported before. Also I agree on your point how Lisa appears to think that happiness etc happens outside, perhaps that explains a lot.

Michael was one of the fewest people that brought happiness and peace into her life, but sadly she didn't trust his peaceful soul and heart, to this day Lisa never spoke of him as a sweet, kind soul man... it's always "he was an icon" and stuff like that, I think she admired his fame, and big part of her attraction to him was sexual, if she really believed in him and stopped calling him "idiot" and sh!t, he would've changed her life forever.

I have said it before, I just wish Lisa would explain why she spoke so cruelly about Michael in the past but now sings his praises, even if she were to say 'I was just really mad at him', I would understand that. To be honest she shocked me with her honesty during her last oprah stint when she said what she had said to MJ on the phone in 2005, yes I thought it was horrible timing but part of me admired her honesty. The trouble is that interviewers never ask the questions I want them to ask! LOL

If you read her interviews, you'd know why...Lisa isn't that strong woman some of you think of.

^^True she does not appear to be strong in terms of character and personality. She seems to run away. She ran into relationships with men and got married, then she ran away from the relationships as soon as differences arose. Then, she runs away from LA to look for something else which apparently is found in Essex, England.

Twice now I heard Lisa say words to the effect of 'in the beginning when She and Michael just got married and he was not working and they were going to dinner and just being together things were OK." Now this tells me right there that she wanted a "fairytale" type of relationship. She did not understand Michael would have to leave the house, go to work, not be available to fool around all day in the house, etc. It seems as soon as the honeymoon situation was gone and now the day to day building of a marriage began she became discontented. I find this to be a problem many women who marry high power athletes, entertainers, businessmen, etc., have--they complain about how things related to the person's work/way of life took a great part of the person's attention away from them.

Also something I do not understand is that she complains about situations that she knew existed with and around Michael before she married him. A lot of women in relationships do this which drives me crazy. In Lisa's case she complains about the people around Michael, the way he used the media, him wanting children--all this existed before the wedding and she knew about it. Did she expect these to disappear after the wedding?

I don't remember where I read Lisa's mother Pricilla didn't want her daughter to have biracial children and also intervened in their marriage, I don't know if that's true but I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened.

I read as well she cheated Michael with Danny her first husband but I don't know if it's true either but if it was, WHAT A WHO and didn't deserve Michael at all! :ninja:

the way he used the media, him wanting children--all this existed before the wedding and she knew about it. Did she expect these to disappear after the wedding?

I think she was hoping he would drop the whole "lets have kids" thing but he wouldnt and thats why she was taking the pill without him knowing

Maybe, just maybe...Lisa is incapable of true intimacy, that people are projects to her and when the project doesn't reciprocate her idealism-she just escapes into another fantasy and goes onto her newest and latest scheming, because she gets the vibe!!!

I'm still trying desperately to imagine living with my new wife and her ex - husband is living on the same property ---yikes! Someone call the Scientology Police!!! It is wayyy tooo delusional for me!!!

Just the Scientology husbands created children with Lisa Lockwood and have remained her constant Companions!!! No wonder she was so critical of Michael Jackson!

Now...her latest fantasy is hooking up with the vibe of Michael Jackson, a dead guy - too delusional -- to be believed!!!

Too much scheming, too many designs - I don't know where to begin...

woman_screaming.gif

[QUOTEI'm still trying desperately to imagine living with my new wife and her ex - husband is living on the same property ---yikes! Someone call the Scientology Police!!! It is wayyy tooo delusional for me!!!][/QUOTE]

You mean danny went with lisa & michael lockwood in england?

Re: New--- Lisa Marie Presley on Michael Jackson

I understand you can't vouch for anyone 100%, but why she doesn't read the court transcripts? After all, according to her, she was the love of his life. I think she owes it to him to read the transcripts and on her next interview she can answer with facts instead of saying that she doesn't know only because she wasn't around or because she didn't see anything.

Do you have a link?

I have nothing against Lisa but her answer to that question upsets me...right she wasn't around and didn't witness anything wrong...but IMO it's expectable for a wife to defend completely her man, like "He was completely innocent." In Oprah she said something like she coudn't say for sure, right? :/

Re: New--- Lisa Marie Presley on Michael Jackson

I have nothing against Lisa but her answer to that question upsets me...right she wasn't around and didn't witness anything wrong...but IMO it's expectable for a wife to defend completely her man, like "He was completely innocent." In Oprah she said something like she coudn't say for sure, right? :/

^^Lisa will always be Lisa. In other words, she wants to be loved by the media. She knows they adore her father. She will always milk the daddy little girl syndrome to make her more endearing to them. She knows the media does not like Michael and the allegations are their most constant point of attack, so she will do the wide eye "I do not know, I did not see" response. In that way she wavers shakily in the middle. If she says NO, she is afraid the media will scorn her, and if she says YES he is, she is afraid of the backlash from pro-Michael people and those who will question her motives for running after him after her divorce.

It must run in the family, even Priscilla (airbrush much) Presley manages to get Michael in there. I guess Lisa has learnt from the best as I can't recall Priscilla ever giving an interview without mentioning elvis.

Late nights in the pub with daughter Lisa Marie, her crazy life with Elvis and why, at 67, she's making her stage debut in a British panto - Priscilla Presley reveals all

By LINA DAS
PUBLISHED: 22:30, 7 December 2012 | UPDATED: 23:32, 7 December 2012

The word ‘wary’ is often used to describe Priscilla Presley in interviews, yet meeting her in the Beverly Hills offices of Elvis Presley Enterprises, she’s warm, funny and laughs easily.

Having met Elvis at 14, married him at 21 and become the keeper of his flame ever since his death 35 years ago, a certain wariness of strangers on her part would be understandable.
‘But I’m working on being a little more trusting,’ she admits. ‘Plus, I like to make fun of myself. Lightening up a little bit and having a sense of humour about yourself is very important.’

article-2244018-165B9B60000005DC-814_634x519.jpg
Flame: Priscilla has kept Elvis's flame burning since his death 35 years ago

Which might explain why Priscilla is about to embark on her most daunting challenge to date – starring in her first ever pantomime at London’s New Wimbledon Theatre opposite Life’s Too Short star Warwick Davis.

As the Wicked Queen in Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, Priscilla will have to don a thigh-baring costume and withstand the boos and hisses of the crowd on a nightly basis. ‘I’m really nervous about it,’ she says, ‘but also really excited too.She’s a very vain queen, so I get to make fun of beauty and vanity.
'I haven’t seen a pantomime before, but I’ve done my homework and I know how popular they are. I thought it would be a small theatre, but when I went to London for a costume fitting and found it seated 1,700 people I thought, “Oh my God – what have I done?”

'But I’ve always wanted to do a play and I liked the idea that this was all about family. My daughter will be there and I thought about her little ones when I agreed to do this because they’re crazy about Snow White.’

Priscilla’s daughter is Lisa Marie Presley, Elvis’s only child, who now – rather surreally – lives in the East Sussex village of Rotherfield.

She moved there two years ago with her musician husband Michael Lockwood and their twin girls Harper and Finley, now four, and has been impressing locals with her embracing of country life and her fondness for drinking Guinness in the local pubs.
‘She’s not the only one,’ says Priscilla. ‘I love Guinness and my daughter and I are still in some places at closing time – they always have to ask us to leave. We were in Australia one St Patrick’s Day and we were neck and neck on the Guinness front. I had six and then 20 minutes later she’d had eight and then I’d had ten. I think I won.’
If Priscilla can down pints at that rate, then goodness knows where she puts them. She’s trim and tiny and immaculately turned out in a purple blouse, black trousers and heels, and at 67 is still in possession of the porcelain-doll prettiness that captivated Elvis over half a century ago.

She makes it over to England three or four times a year to visit her daughter. ‘I love the countryside. The people are so friendly and chatty. I was a little surprised when Lisa moved there because all our family is here [in the States], but I think at that particular time it’s just what she needed. ‘I’m not searching for perfection and I’m comfortable with myself,’ she says. ‘I work out three days a week, do yoga and I keep my weight down because I feel better that way. I do facials and make sure my hair’s done, but I’m in Hollywood where it’s a case of constant maintenance, so I do what I need to do to get work.’

'She gets her privacy there, which we all crave, and it’s not like here with all the tourists and tour buses, which can sometimes be a bit of an invasion. She needed a place to raise her babies without fanfare and it’s perfect. Her twins have their own life and she’s an amazing mother.

'She’s a lot like me in that we believe children should be raised as children and not have adult worries, and she’s been able to do that in England.’
When Lisa Marie was born in 1968, Priscilla also tried to shield her from the vagaries of Elvis’s fame. While Priscilla accepted that life as Elvis’s wife could never really be normal, it became less attractive when Lisa Marie came along.

Priscilla admits that although Elvis was an adoring father, she made the decision to divorce him when Lisa Marie was four ‘as we were getting lost in his life’. Lisa Marie spent half her time with her father at Graceland and half with her mother in Beverly Hills until Elvis’s untimely death five years later at 42.
‘Lisa and I are very close now, but it wasn’t always that way. I was a single mum because Elvis passed away at such a young age, so it was a real challenge. Those teenage years were rough too because Lisa was not easy and she always had her own mind.
'I worried all the time, especially being in LA because it’s a melting pot of different cultures and societies, and drugs were my biggest concern. I was worried about a group of friends she was hanging around with and she wasn’t happy when I sent her to boarding school because of it.
'She was even less happy that I only told her the same day, because I didn’t know if she’d run away! But it actually turned out OK and she now has fond memories of that time, thank God.’

This is her second time around with children [Lisa Marie also has two from her first marriage to musician Danny Keough – actress Riley, 23, and Benjamin, 20], so she’s been through it. She does ask for a bit of advice sometimes and we talk about things quite openly.’Has Lisa Marie apologised for those fraught teenage years? ‘In her own way,’ laughs Priscilla. ‘It’s very easy to rebel, but I think when you have your own children you realise what rules and parameters are for.

Both mother and daughter recently admitted they’d made some ‘poor choices’ when it came to men. ‘I’m glad Lisa’s admitted it too!’ says Priscilla.

‘We laugh about it now, but that’s sometimes where our problems with each other lay. We could each see things about the man the other one was dating that the other person just couldn’t see, but that’s quite easy to do. Still, that’s probably where the arguments started because we’re both very vocal.’
After Lisa Marie’s marriage to Keough ended in 1994, she famously married singer Michael Jackson, then became embroiled in the first of his two trials on charges of child abuse. The marriage ended after two years, and then six years later she married actor Nicolas Cage, a self-confessed Elvis fanatic. At least one of those marriages must have given Priscilla cause for concern?
‘I’ve thought that with a few, actually,’ she laughs, ‘and she felt the same with me. There were a couple of relationships I was a little taken aback by, but I don’t think I showed it too much.’ Was she at least relieved when her daughter’s marriage to Jackson ended?

‘Well, I don’t want to get into it because we have different opinions and I’d rather keep mine to myself. But he was a wonderful entertainer and a big loss to the world because he was irreplaceable in that sense.’
While Lisa Marie is fond of describing the early relationship she had with her mother as one between ‘oil and water’, it’s telling just how similar their paths became. Both married and had their first child in their early 20s and both married the biggest male singers of their generation.

'It was difficult to become my own person – I had to separate myself from Elvis’s concerns and considerations'

‘That’s very true,’ says Priscilla. ‘We both married young and Lisa experienced Michael’s fame just as I experienced Elvis’s. You can’t class them as normal people because they come from another spectrum.’
Priscilla was just 14 but possessed of an adult beauty when she met a 24-year-old Elvis at a party in Germany where her father was serving in the US forces. Two years later, having fallen in love with the star, she was ensconced at Graceland where she was subjected to Elvis’s controlling behaviour.
‘He had definite likes and dislikes, there’s no doubt about that,’ says Priscilla, ‘and he was very much a man. As much as he was hip and stylish and gorgeous and charismatic, he was also a little old-fashioned and put his likes and dislikes onto his women. I couldn’t wear trousers for ages,’ she says, tugging on the ones she’s wearing today, ‘and I couldn’t wear prints or stripes – I had to wear solids. I still do actually.

'If I’d been a bigger woman, it would have been different, but I was small, so that was OK. He loved me to dye my hair black and wear make-up but not so much jewellery, and it’s amazing how much he knew about style.

While married to Elvis a career for Priscilla was out of the question, but after their divorce she embarked on a successful move into acting, starring in the wickedly anarchic Naked Gun movies with Leslie Nielsen (‘I wasn’t a comedian but he held my hand and told me not to worry, and I think I need Warwick to do the same for me in Snow White!’) as well as in the original Dallas, where she played Bobby Ewing’s lover Jenna Wade. ‘I love the new show and I’m not really one for remakes,’ she says, ‘but Jenna didn’t die, so I’d love to come back.’‘But he was also kind and wise and taught me a lot. He was an avid reader but he taught me the difference between common sense and intellect and a lot about social graces. But we lived in a bubble. His friends were my friends. It wasn’t until after we divorced that I could find out who I was. I’d take a dislike to something and not know why, then I’d realise it wasn’t my dislike, it was his. It was difficult to become my own person – I had to separate myself from Elvis’s concerns and considerations.’

It was also after her divorce that Priscilla was free to find the ‘normal’ relationship she longed for, but her first two long-term lovers after Elvis – karate instructor Mike Stone and male model Mike Edwards – betrayed her quest for normality by selling stories about their time with her.

She then spent more than two decades with film producer/director Marco Garibaldi, with whom she has a son, 25-year-old Navarone (also a musician), eventually separating from him six years ago.
A few years back she was linked to Nigel Lythgoe – our very own ‘Nasty Nigel’ of Popstars fame – though she and Lythgoe deny any romantic involvement.
‘I’d rather have Nigel as a friend,’ says Priscilla. ‘He’s a very special man – a hard worker and a great family man. His divorce [five years ago] was very difficult, but we got through it and he was quick to admit his mistakes. Every once in a while we’ll go to a play as friends, and I like to keep it like that.’

She’s currently single and admits ‘LA is a very difficult town to find someone, because people are too fickle and they have other agendas,’ and even though her daughter has tried to set her up on dates, Priscilla laughs when asked how that turned out.
‘Let’s just say some of the people she’s picked out for me have definitely been wrong!’ Is it just a question of Elvis the icon being an impossible act to follow? ‘Well, it wouldn’t be fair to put it that way,’ says Priscilla.
‘But I realised how difficult it was dating someone with my history, so I tried to put myself in the men’s shoes. Being with the most gorgeous man ever and not just gorgeous but a good human being too, I realised this could be difficult, so I never threw it in their faces.
'I hope I was respectful of everyone. But Elvis was absolutely the love of my life, and there’s no sadness about it because I have my memories, and they’re delicious and they’re all mine.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...s-making-stage-debut-panto.html#ixzz2ES3DLhvH

he was also a little old-fashioned and put his likes and dislikes onto his women. I couldn’t wear trousers for ages,’ she says, tugging on the ones she’s wearing today, ‘and I couldn’t wear prints or stripes – I had to wear solids. I still do actually.

If any man told me to how to dress id kick his butt!

"Both mother and daughter recently admitted they’d made some ‘poor choices’ when it came to men. ‘I’m glad Lisa’s admitted it too!’ says Priscilla."

The word "recently" is very interesting. I wonder who was Lisa's poor choice.
Just by the way Lisa has spoken about Michael & the way she conducts herself, I think Lisa was Michae'ls poor choice.

"Well, I don’t want to get into it because we have different opinions and I’d rather keep mine to myself. But he was a wonderful entertainer and a big loss to the world because he was irreplaceable in that sense."

Obviously, she didn't know Michael well. She just thinks about him as an entertainer. How about as a father or as a great humanitarian. Either Lisa didn't relay that to her mom or to Lisa he was just that, an entertainer.

"Both married and had their first child in their early 20s and both married the biggest male singers of their generation".

And that will be their pride.

"But I realised how difficult it was dating someone with my history, so I tried to put myself in the men’s shoes. Being with the most gorgeous man ever and not just gorgeous but a good human being too, I realised this could be difficult, so I never threw it in their faces."

Is nice the way she speaks about Elvis. "Elvis was a good human being" Michael was a good human being too, but he also was a great humanitarian.

I can't stand Priscilla with her no talent behind. Much like her daughter, neither has talent

Back