LMP on Oprah 21/10/10 All Discussion Here - UPDATE Video's Start On Page 63

Have you gained respect for Lisa after watching this interview? Do you forgive/understand her now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LMP Back on Oprah This Thursday

Well, we do not know. He could do it twice :wub: I am sure that he was not able to pass 10K ring to LMP trough the phone line :) Just saying.... .

You and I seldom see eye to eye...but that reply...? PRICELESSS.

:D

Athough knowing Michael he was never the type to talk about those things because he was a gentleman and wanted to keep his personal life private.

I respect that a lot. That's how it should be.

Well, we do not know. He could do it twice :wub: I am sure that he was not able to pass 10K ring to LMP trough the phone line :) Just saying.... .

This is an example how there are two sides to a story. I'm not saying LMP lied about the proposal. I don't know. But, I do see the huge ring on her finger in many picutures taken with her and Michael.

To Michael, he proposed over the phone. To Lisa, he proposed by the fireplace with a 10-carat ring.

So, whatever LMP said during the interview, positive or negative, is her takes on things, her opinions and her thought.

Back to the point we discussed earlier, LMP was simply not ready to be the wife of Michael Jackson. She didn't know what she got herself into when she married a genius who was also a powerful and extremely successful global mega star.

LMP story about 10K ring proposal beside a fire place in Nederland library sounds extremely romantic :wub: I hope everybody in this thread enjoyed it :)

Wow, the story (that they both told Diane Sawyer) changed from "He asked over the phone and then he went to the bathroom" to a 10K ring in front of a fireplace. :D Impressive, how the cover of times softens things.

Or maybe he made up for initially asking over the phone- afterall, you wanna be sure when buying jewelry. :D Whatta man :agree: ;D

And fans accuse her of not "getting over him"- heck, if people that didn't know him personally can't get over his death- how's the woman who sat in front of the fireplace with him expected to get over it? Aaaah, the hypocrisy among females...:cheeky:

By the way, not a LMP fan or condoning past interview with mommy by her side on Oprah's couch, debate the private life of someone who BEGGED for privacy.

I'm sure he duly noted her standing over his casket, even if that's a tad too late this time around. I'm sure he listened. If you know Michael at all- he wouldn't want anyone to suffer.

I just wished they wouldn't help desperate lawyers by sneaking in third party hearsay with these drug stories, coroner's report spoke loud and clearly.
For God's sake, NAMES, people, Michael told people names, who he thought was trying to kill him.

Do the right thing AND SPILL THE GOD DAMN BEANS: NAMES!!

Lord Alfred Tennyson said:
I hold it true, whatever befall; I feel it, when I sorrow most; 'tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

has anyone managed to upload it yet? x

Oprah asks why did she fall in love with him. LMP says because he was an incredible person. She never felt so high in her life. He had something so intoxicating about him and when he was open it wasn't like anything.
Oprah then says oh I felt that too when I first met in 92 when he shined his light on you.

I can't believe Oprah had the nerve to say that! After all the bashing through the years, she admitted that! What a bitch. I have no words.

From the reviews I've read so far, the interview was not that good. The good parts is her admitting to her faults, which she's never done before. The drug talk screams ignorance, as always, as it does when she focuses so much on her being the one to leave him and not talk to him and all that, although she did admit she wanted to be close to him at all times, in spite of everything. Michael said, in those tapes, that it was him that started to move away from her, because she hurt him so much. He wanted to be a father so badly, he wanted a family in a the true sense of the word. He loved so many so much, and wanted to extend love to as many and she wanted all his attention. He said she'd get mean around other kids and that rubbed him in a very bad way. So how can one not feel betrayed and just leave? And he returned, he found that strength, and continued to see her and sort things out. But his heart was too hurt. So, I'd rather go by what Michael says.

And this drug issue. .. People are so clueless, it hurts. Nobody really knew him or understood him. She is clueless. It's like, nobody ever takes into consideration the numerous emotional and physical pains he had to endure, and just rely themselves on their personal observations who may very well be distorted. What was the purpose of her inserting this into the discussion? And there's always this unfortunate parallel between Elvis and him, which is so completely different. Michael was a fighter - he could've died decades before, and his organs were amazingly healthy even at 50, in spite of everything he went through. But no, it's too hard for them to use their minds and do a little research at least, before going on national television. Or just plainly saying "I don't know." One word could ruin a person's reputation and hurt their souls. Only one word. And she is still doing it partly.

This is so hurtful what the children have to deal with. Watching the TV and listening to both complete strangers and people supposedly close to him talking out of ignorance and calling their father this and that. She's portraying him in a good light, in a way, but then she also portrays him as this weak, helpless being that needed saving, and that she could have saved him. ?... Nobody ever talks of how he felt the world's responsibility on his shoulders hanging so tough, yet he always managed to smile and even laugh and be strong for other people. Lisa almost never smiles. So who is the strong one? He was the most positive and strong person. And Prince, Paris and Blanket know that, and they are the pure reflection of his soul and the sheer, complete testimony of him being a true man. So none of these ignorant people's words will count in the end. None of them.

What was so strange for me to read was her admitting to having an obsession with Michael. That he was intoxicating and he was her drug and that she always felt high when around him. Like... all the discussion revolved around the word 'drug'... Who is the drug addicted one in this story? What was Michael? A drug himself? What kind of love is this? This is more like a disease that causes inner turmoil. Where is the peace here? The reason she cannot find peace is because of these dangerous associations and immature feelings. Did he deserve to be desired for like an intoxicating, addictive experience? :( I'm sure she'll always love him, because Michael is that kind of rarest kind that can't be forgotten. But loving healthy is not obsessing. She needs therapy, and I say this as kindly and selflessly as I can. If she could put others first for a change and turn to God more. I see a person that has mellowed out, but she has a long long way to go still.

Good for her if she felt she had exorcised her demons by doing this interview. Good that she admitted some wrongdoings on her part, this will lighten her load. What an amazing husband she has and 2 beautiful babies and she should focus on them from now on. She should be so grateful for being blessed with such wonders, because many don't get that chance soon, if ever.

No??? Come on, that just screams for a macro. Afterall, he's Michael Jackson. If he can dance on the floor, in a round, by himself- he can manifest a nice piece of jewelry through a phone line. :D :swoon:

A gift and a propsal ring are two different things with two diffrent meanings, ya know... :) ;)
The point is that MJ as good to alot of people in many ways.

>> I believe this. This is what you call "Charmisa". MJ had it and anyone who is around him feels it even his enemies. Even his enemies like Diane Diamond and Nancy Grace admitted his has this charm about him.

In the book of Rabbi:

RS: But I'm a believer in marriage. So when your relationship with Lisa started to fall apart was it very hard? Your idealism about the family, everthing you believed in building the intimate family you always wanted, especially because you knew....
MJ: I wanted children and she didn't.

RS: She felt she had her kids.
MJ: Yeah, and she promised me before we married, that would be the first thing we'd do was have children. So I was broken-hearted and I walked around al the time holding these little baby dolls and I'd be crying, that's how badly I wanted them. So I was determined to have children. It disappointed me that she wouldn't keep her promise to me, you know? After we got divorced she would hang out with my mother all the time. I have all these letters saying, " I'll give you nine children. I'll do whatever you want." and of course the press don't know all these stories and she just tried for months and months and I just became too hard-hearted at that point. I closed my mind on the whole situation.

RS: So she thought maybe you could get back together?
MJ: Uh huh

RS: But children were a major, major issue?
MJ: Of course.

RS: She had the kids and that was it.
MJ: She had hers and I wanted us to feel like we all were one big family and have more. Just my dream is to have 9 or 10 children, that's what I want.

RS: You're still very young. Do you think that will happen?
MJ: Yeah

RS: But then again it means getting married again.
MJ: Yeah

:coffee:

Remember even Michael's walk will drive you crazy. How many people can just want on stage and you feel OMG!!

A dare is a challenge to perform an action. When you dare someone you don't have to necessarily say, "I dare you to..." You can say something like, ""You won't do ..." They say I will if you keep doing this or that." They say, "I bet you won't", or just "No, you won't". So the person does it just to show that they are courageous enough to do it.

I guess she is trying to say MJ didn't think she had the guts to actually leave him. And even though she didn't want to do it, in order to not seem weak, she did it. That is what she is implying.

He didn´t have a relationship with Shana. He was in a relationship around 91-92 but it wasn´t Shana. But he did know she had a ceush on him and he didn´t like when she went on TV. But since he´s so kind and don´t want to embarress people he didn´t comment on it.

Yeah, I think Shana was a BC. That and that only.

Michael certainly had a magnetic presence. He enticed you and enticed everyone.

From the reviews I've read so far, the interview was not that good. The good parts is her admitting to her faults, which she's never done before. The drug talk screams ignorance, as always, as it does when she focuses so much on her being the one to leave him and not talk to him and all that, although she did admit she wanted to be close to him at all times, in spite of everything. Michael said, in those tapes, that it was him that started to move away from her, because she hurt him so much. He wanted to be a father so badly, he wanted a family in a the true sense of the word. He loved so many so much, and wanted to extend love to as many and she wanted all his attention. He said she'd get mean around other kids and that rubbed him in a very bad way. So how can one not feel betrayed and just leave? And he returned, he found that strength, and continued to see her and sort things out. But his heart was too hurt. So, I'd rather go by what Michael says.

And this drug issue. .. People are so clueless, it hurts. Nobody really knew him or understood him. She is clueless. It's like, nobody ever takes into consideration the numerous emotional and physical pains he had to endure, and just rely themselves on their personal observations who may very well be distorted. What was the purpose of her inserting this into the discussion? And there's always this unfortunate parallel between Elvis and him, which is so completely different. Michael was a fighter - he could've died decades before, and his organs were amazingly healthy even at 50, in spite of everything he went through. But no, it's too hard for them to use their minds and do a little research at least, before going on national television. Or just plainly saying "I don't know." One word could ruin a person's reputation and hurt their souls. Only one word. And she is still doing it partly.

This is so hurtful what the children have to deal with. Watching the TV and listening to both complete strangers and people supposedly close to him talking out of ignorance and calling their father this and that. She's portraying him in a good light, in a way, but then she also portrays him as this weak, helpless being that needed saving, and that she could have saved him. ?... Nobody ever talks of how he felt the world's responsibility on his shoulders hanging so tough, yet he always managed to smile and even laugh and be strong for other people. Lisa almost never smiles. So who is the strong one? He was the most positive and strong person. And Prince, Paris and Blanket know that, and they are the pure reflection of his soul and the sheer, complete testimony of him being a true man. So none of these ignorant people's words will count in the end. None of them.

What was so strange for me to read was her admitting to having an obsession with Michael. That he was intoxicating and he was her drug and that she always felt high when around him. Like... all the discussion revolved around the word 'drug'... Who is the drug addicted one in this story? What was Michael? A drug himself? What kind of love is this? This is more like a disease that causes inner turmoil. Where is the peace here? The reason she cannot find peace is because of these dangerous associations and immature feelings. Did he deserve to be desired for like an intoxicating, addictive experience? :( I'm sure she'll always love him, because Michael is that kind of rarest kind that can't be forgotten. But loving healthy is not obsessing. She needs therapy, and I say this as kindly and selflessly as I can. If she could put others first for a change and turn to God more. I see a person that has mellowed out, but she has a long long way to go still.

Good for her if she felt she had exorcised her demons by doing this interview. Good that she admitted some wrongdoings on her part, this will lighten her load. What an amazing husband she has and 2 beautiful babies and she should focus on them from now on. She should be so grateful for being blessed with such wonders, because many don't get that chance soon, if ever.

Well said, she needs therapy but she is still playing the victim role. Im not sure if she will ever look at someone besides herself. Poor MJ he has no one to defend him. He's not here to share his side. I'm not sure if he would if he was. He did not do it when the venom was unleashed before. All so sad and unfair.

To Michael, he proposed over the phone. To Lisa, he proposed by the fireplace with a 10-carat ring.

Classic.

See, it's prove for what wise people know: That there are at least 2 or 3 truths in EVERY marriage, that ever took place anywhere. You might also speak of parallel universes that male and female seem to live in and sometimes they meet up in third one. :D

Wow, the story (that they both told Diane Sawyer) changed from "He asked over the phone and then he went to the bathroom" to a 10K ring in front of a fireplace. :D Impressive, how the cover of times softens things.

Or maybe he made up for initially asking over the phone- afterall, you wanna be sure when buying jewelry. :D Whatta man :agree: ;D

!!

Maybe Mike was very private and did not want to hurt his fans.... ;) Now he is gone and LMP has no obligations, ya know.... She feels free to unveil the whole story:) he he...

^ Even snakes (both animals and people) have their charm and can be very magnetic and alluring. So, I don't like this association when it comes to Michael. He was sensual. But the other kind of attributes don't suit him - too much lust involved and they 'fleshize' one too much. ^^

This is an example how there are two sides to a story. I'm not saying LMP lied about the proposal. I don't know. But, I do see the huge ring on her finger in many picutures taken with her and Michael.

Probably this is that ring :wub: I do not think Lisa is lying. She is pretty much a material girl. :)

About the proposal. I don't think one excludes the other. MJ might have proposed over the phone first (they did say it on Prime Time Live in 1995) but then he could propose with the big ring the next time they met personally. Why not?

^ Even snakes (both animals and people) have their charm and can be very magnetic and alluring. So, I don't like this association when it comes to Michael. He was sensual. But the other kind of attributes don't suit him - too much lust involved and they 'fleshize' one too much. ^^

What? MJ was HUMAN and he was a healthy man...you dont think he lusted? LOL!!! Do you recall all those girly mags he had at Neverland when they raided his stuff. He was a healthy man wether some of us like it or not. Not to imply he was out of control but he lusted, he was human and he was a man. LOL!!

It does not matter if someone does not like tha associations or not, it is what is and it still have the same meaning. CHARM/Charimas is what MJ was about. Like I said, even people who claim to dislike are taken by him when they met him. Also, when MJ makes and appearance, you notice everyone starts to act like bumbling, can hardly speak as if they are looking for words, etc. I remember when Michael showed up on the Arension Hall show to give Eddie Murphy the MTV award. Both Arension and Eddie were falling over themselves; and as Eddie and Arsenio said when MJ left, "it feels like the show is now over". Even when MJ makes and apperance on a show, when He comes on stage and GO, it seem like it it time to GO home and the show is over (even though you have an hour to go):D

See, it's prove for what wise people know: That there are at least 2 or 3 truths in EVERY marriage, that ever took place anywhere. You might also speak of parallel universes that male and female seem to live in and sometimes they meet up in third one. :D
Yep. There are always at least two sides to each story, each told only as the one telling it could experience it.

I hope someone uploads this soon.

What? MJ was HUMAN and he was a healthy man...you dont think he lusted? LOL!!! Do you recall all those girly mags he had at Neverland when they raided his stuff. He was a healthy man wether some of us like it or not. Not to imply he was out of control but he lusted, he was human and he was a man. LOL!!
Yes, ANd lets not forget the famous line back in 1984 "I do not want to take off my glasses", Yeah right. he knew his eyes drove us crazy. Look at his cove shots when his eyes only. MJ knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back