LMP on Oprah 21/10/10 All Discussion Here - UPDATE Video's Start On Page 63

Have you gained respect for Lisa after watching this interview? Do you forgive/understand her now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LMP Back on Oprah This Thursday

Lisa is going to talk MJ to Oprah and so is his mother.
Why are both of them being on Oprahshows in a short time?why now?
We know Michaels shortfilms are going to be released soon and there is a MJalbum to release
Maybe she talks about how they made the shortfilm for YANA

i'm so looking forward to this interview. We all know she had a change of heart after Michael's death and I'm sure the show is going to be really positive. I feel there's a lot more she wants to say about Michael.

what I don't understand is why would Lisa even want to talk about MJ to Oprah since she hasn't been married to him in 15 years and didn't want to be bothered with that 'mess' according to her? what exactly does she have to talk about? She had no clue what was going on in MJ's life at all, she didn't want to be bothered now that he's gone she wants to talk to Oprah about it? It doesn't make sense.

This is exactly what I'm thinking.
Of course she is not gonna directly bash him this time. It's not popular to do so anymore.
It's popular to be associated with him now and to love him.
If she truly cared she would have expressed herself in support of him when he needed it.
I guess he had to die for her to have a change of heart about that.
That says enough for me and makes me not interested in what she has to say this time.
Probably will be some more subtle remarks now thrown in there to show that even through all of this she is the victim once again.

I just don't understand how everytime she does an interview it's about Michael.
She could easily say "no comment" and stay classy and keep it between them.
I guess if she would do that the media wouldn't pay that much attention to her. (Which ironically is something she said she wanted)
It's been 15 years, Why doesn't she spend her time talking about her new husband?

Through the years I have lost all my respect for her. I don't hate her or whatever, I just don't care for her as a person. That's just my view on it.

Maybe Oprah should do a program on FALSE child abuse allegations for a change. Because it does exist, as we all know. (Actually I have read 48% of child molestation allegations turn out to be false).

Good point. As an example, there was a teacher who was acquitted of molestation charges several months ago, as she claimed she was wrongly accused. I didn't follow the case closely though.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TheLaw/ge...t-accused-child-molestation/story?id=10610046

Anyone here been in her shoes before? Anyone know what she went through while being married to him? Anyone know what the relationship was like from her point of view? Anyone know what went on between her & Michael behind closed doors?
If we don't know the answer to any of these questions, then how can we judge her like that? There MUST have been some very legitimate reasons as to why she acted the way she did.

Well, I'd definitely have preferred to be in her shoes in '05 than MJ's. He was in a struggle for his life and she skewered him!!!

No doubt it, she had legitmate reasons for her feelings about their marriage. But it's obvious NOW, she was coming from a place that was ALL about Lisa in '05. The divorce tore her up, took her a couple of years to get her physical and emotional bearings again. Got it! But MJ was in a fight literally for his life. It wasn't ALL about her THEN. It was about Michael, too. And from what she has said about him post death, he was a good man, so good, she thinks he is deserving of sunflowers all about him because he loved them. Well, he would have loved her remembering how good he was too during that trial.

Yes, Lisa IS human, and it is extremely difficult to go against the tide of public opinion, but she DID NOT have to further fuel the negativity about him. She divorced Nicolas Cage and didn't go into details about that marriage, negative or positive. She could have given MJ the same respect.

I don't hate Lisa, but to expect a whole lot of objectivity from all fans when she CHOSE to give Michael so little is unrealistic. For his legacy, yeah, I do like that she is now being more positive about him. But that doesn't change the damage she did to him at a particularly devastating period of his life. And none of us know what the tone of this NEW interview with Oprah will be. I'm being VERY cautiously optimistic and will give her the benefit of the doubt, which is definitely far more than her cackling buddy Oprah gave MJ.

i cant believe this.
while he was alive she did nothing but slander him in interviews she did (with oprah)...
and now that he isnt here shes going to be all full of remorse no doubt

please don't judge me for my opinion.
but i agree with who ever said it on the first page
'this interview is so unnecessary'
-thats the truth.

FOR THE FIRST TIME: LISA MARIE PRESLEY SPEAKS OUT ABOUT THE DEATH OF EX-HUSBAND MICHAEL JACKSON
october 21, 2010

20100828-lmp-2007-424x239.jpg

In her one and only television interview, Lisa Marie Presley opens up about Michael Jackson, their misunderstood marriage and his tragic death.

TUNE in on OCTOBER 21, 2010 to watch the show!

L.o.v.e.
Romi

earthlyme;3019944 said:
Right?

But Dabbie is not the daugher of Elvis…*Americas king of rock and roll*. And when Lisa married Michael *Universe King of Entertainment* So its kinda a rating thing… It's Oprah's last season so she will get anyone she can for an interview… I mean the ONLY Biggest thing she could interview is The Jackson Family right? Since they've never really talked about Michael in public… Some more than others...:smilerolleyes:

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Romi I love that poster of Michael you have. WAW

no, actually in michael's world it takes only one to moonwalk and that's it. It's really hard to live with him.

i am really hurt by this statement. Please do not do this again.

I don't know.. I don't really care what Lisa-Marie might say or not say. I just hope Katherine knows what SHE is doing - talking to Operah..

Thankyou!!!! The man is so Damn Beautiful!! :wub: *Sigh*

L.o.v.e.
Romi

YES and it is so interesting that he tilts his head in the same way he did as a child--so beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topflux
no, actually in michael's world it takes only one to moonwalk and that's it. It's really hard to live with him.

[/b]

i am really hurt by this statement. Please do not do this again.

Please don't let a comment like that bother you. Before 39, Lisa Marie was into her FOURTH marriage! Apparently, being married to her isn't a cakewalk, I mean, moonwalk...

Did anybody see oprah's schedule for the week?
Monday ; she is interviewing the boy who killed his molestor

wednesday ; she is interviewing tyler perry and he his going to reveal everything about his childhood molestation.

Thursday ; she is interviewing LMP about MJ.

I wonder why she has too put the LMP interview the same week she is doing those molestation interviews.is it to remind viewers of the accusations or what? Honestly I cant stand oprah.
:doh: terrible.

we hadn't seen Diana Ross, Liz... talked Michael in public and I believe we never would, cause they truely cared about him as a person and they knew what Michael wanted. and those wanted to talk on TV and share their dirty laundry in public never ever close to him, even though they slept in the same bed, or had the same blood.
"Those who know, don't talk, those who talk, don't know. " -Michael Jackson

All I will say on this is Lisa has contradicted herself SO MANY TIMES in the past about her relationship with Michael. Once she even claimed that after their divorce she didn't want anything to do with him. Hmm, so they divorced in '96 but yet I clearly remember seeing pictures and video footage of her and her kids with him while he was on tour in '97-'98, and NOT ONLY THAT but there were also pictures of her and Michael out and about in '98 holding hands and they even kissed and were photographed doing so! It was Lisa's birthday, and even though Mike was wearing one of his signature black masks they kissed. This while Mike was married to Debbie, the mother of his kids. Both looking happy as hell, after sharing a meal together and supposedly they shared a bottle of wine. But apparently she didn't want anything to do with him after the divorce. Riiiight...Not to mention the fact that she was trying to stay "in" with the family, because even after divorcing him she was all about hanging with Katherine. then she has the nerve to go on tv and talk sh*t about Michael, a man who never once publicly spoke ill of her? Also if I recall as well back in 2004-2005 she was on Larry king and called what was happening around Michael (the accusations, trial, media coverage, etc.) a "blessing" or some B.S. like that, because the media wasn't focusing on her and their marriage or some crap like that. At least with Debbie, even with the differences and falling out that she and Michael had, even with her going on Entertainment Tonight, even with all that, at the end of the day when he was down at his lowest point (the trial), Debbie was there and she spoke the truth. She also NEVER ONCE spoke ill of Michael publicly, never talked sh*t about him, even when the custody issue came up, even when the money stopped, etc. She wasn't going on national tv talking smack, etc., saying what was going on was a "blessing", all the while Michael was fighting for his life, fighting for his childrens lives. I don't give a damn if Lisa was promoting her albums, when asked about Michael the classy thing would have been for her to say something like "What happened between us is between us, we loved each other but we're divorced now. End of story. Now let's talk about my album." Something to that effect. Lisa proved how "classy" she is/was. Oh but Lisa said that apparently Michael had asked her not to speak about their marriage after the divorce but when he said in the LIFE magazine interview from '97 about how she regretted not having his baby, she got super pissed, so I guess the gloves were off. EVEN though he didn't say a single bad word about her, even though he never spoke a single bad word about her publicly, even though he wasn't talking smack, etc. It still pissed her off because he spoke about their marriage after he asked her not too? Wow, that's real mature Lisa. **rolls eyes**

Not to mention she and her mommy dearest being on Oprah joking, talking crap about how 'Oh he manipulated me, I was a victim, etc.' not even mentioning the BS that mommy dearest had to say. Also have to mention her being on 20/20 with Diane Sawyer, oh yeah that was a GREAT interview (Diane: WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???) **rolls eyes** Not to mention how she claimed prior to that interview that she hadn't spoken to him since their divorce or some crap like that, then in the Diane interview she said she last spoke with him over the phone in 2002 or 2003 (I think it was 2002). So which one was it Lisa? **rolls eyes** She was also apparently pissed at Mike when he said that even Elvis had a nose job Lisa told me so (from the tv guide interview in '99), and she said it wasnt true, when I'd heard that same statement before about Elvis having a nose job...If I recall correctly she in very recent years wouldn't even say his name! I understand being upset about losing a relationship, but what she did and over the course of how many years that she did it on is just flat out ridiculous. Don't even get me started on that back handed blog she wrote the day after he passed. She was one of the many people who believed that Michael was a druggie/self-destructive, but as the autopsy has PROVEN MEDICALLY, NO HE WAS NOT! ANY extended period of time, especially the length of time so many have claimed about Michael, of drug use would have caused external damage to his major internal organs. THAT IS A MEDICAL FACT! Now if the person had a brief problem (remember '93?) that wouldnt be the case, but the fact others are claiming Michael had a LONG EXTENSIVE PROBLEM THAT CARRIED ON FOR YEARS is flat out wrong and inaccurate. The autopsy report and medical evidence very much proves it! I remember reading a story about how Lisa believed it was drugs back at the end of '95 when Michael was rushed to the hospital (you know right before she filed for divorce) after collapsing and she had the doctors do a drug test on him and when it showed he wasn't on anything she STILL believed he was on something/some kind of drug.

My whole opinion is that Lisa changed her mind during their marriage about wanting kids with Michael, Michael got p*ssed, their marriage broke up, she heard he was having a baby with another woman, she tried like hell to get back with him, suddenly wanted his baby now that she didn't have him, even when he was married to the other said woman and worked feverishly to get in good and solid with his family and stay close with them, but Michael wasn't budging. She probably wasn't too "happy" that Michael was moving on without her. So roughly around 2001 or so she starts talkin' smack about Michael and carried on doing so up until the time he passed then she suddenly has an about face on the entire subject somewhat.

So yeah in short, after my very long rant, I DO NOT CARE if she has anything positive to say or negative especially to Ms. Two-Faced Oprah. She's remarried and has a new set of Babes to look after. She wasn't his widow, she wasn't his baby mama (that was her call), she wasn't his anything at that point.

I also don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth, positive or negative because as my MANY examples prove she is not a reliable source of info. I don't give a damn if she was married to him or not. I don't hate Lisa but I sure as hell don't like her. I believe she did love him as I do believe he did love her, but what she did to him was INEXCUSABLE, I don't give a damn how "hurt" she felt. Her reaction to his passing was in large part guilt, I have no doubt about that and I hope she lives with it for the rest of her life, she made the choice to talk sh*t about him while he was here, or maybe she'll claim he "manipulated" her into saying those things too. Pfft...whatever. Michael had so much B.S. thrown at him during his life, what she was saying and those around her were saying just added to it all. She couldn't and has no idea how to even comprehend all the crap he went through. She made her bed, so now she can just lie in it.

So yeah, Mrs. Lockwood (that is her name now, NOT JACKSON) can have tea and scones on her English property with Oprah and talk about a relationship that was "officially" over 15 years ago, while I go and listen and watch Michael and pray for his 3 beautiful children. They're the only ones I give a damn about. Not her or anyone else who was "close" to Michael. Because those who were "closest" to Michael have shown their true colors since June 25th, 2009.

**Rolls Eyes**

LOVE YOU MICHAEL!

I'm out, peace!

**walks out of thread**

Last edited:

I think that the most important impact on society is any positivity in MJs favour from Lisa.

So if Lisa is going to tell Oprah anything positive about Michael that will be far better than any fan discussion on MJ boards.

General public can see the positive stuff about MJ, and they can change their minds...

If she tells something negative, that will have the same impact..., people can change their minds..., because its said by Lisa, MJs ex.

fans can discuss whatever they want to....but.... it really doesnt matter if we didnt watch the interview ...

wednesday ; she is interviewing tyler perry and he his going to reveal everything about his childhood molestation.

I wonder why she has too put the LMP interview the same week she is doing those molestation interviews.is it to remind viewers of the accusations or what? Honestly I cant stand oprah.

Hidden agenda!

After seeing the schedule for the week, I still do not understand how some people cannot analyze deeper into the point of view Oprah wants to present to the public. It seems to me that there is a general TOPIC for her interviews that week.

Exactly! She is doing it again. During MJ's trial, the week that the jury was deliberating, what did OpraH do? She did a show on pedophelia. Coincidence? I think not!

Looking at her track record, it's hard to believe she will be positive at all. If her 'ill words' died with him, her comments should die with him too. There is no need for her to talk about him

Exactly! Tere is no need for this interview.

Exactly! Tere is no need for this interview.

exactly.. no need at all.. so what did Oprah do? just call her up and say I want to interview you about Michael Jackson and she said 'yeah ok'?? Lisa should've said read my blog and I will not discuss MJ anymore. But I guess being classless is her way. I don't know many ex-wives that agree to talk about their former husbands of 15 years ago who are dead. There is nothing for her to talk about. They have no connection at all anymore, no kids from the union absolutely nothing. So why is she doing this?

Oh gosh you guys just "forced" me to watch again that one horrible Oprah show from 2005.. :puke::puke::puke:

I think Lisa has already said it all. Really.

No, I don't think this time will be a re-run of what was back then, but no matter how positive she might make it this time it's too little too late. She should have thought twice back then.

Since the new interview is going to be aired anyway, I only wish Lisa's gonna show a whole lot more respect for Michael..because like Moonwalker.Fan already said, the impact this interview has on general public is what matters here. :mello:

Lisa-Marie could paint Michael as the best thing since slice bread, it does'nt erase what she said in the past and how she conducted herself publically. I'm sure when her, Oprah, Pricilla and Diane Sawyer were humiliating him none of them cared that they may be hurting his feelings.

It probably would be too much to hope that she would apologise for treating Michael as though he was'nt anything more than trash!

I'm gonna watch it, but I sincerely hope it does'nt leave me feeling like how the Janet/Oprah interview did.

Originally Posted by dupsy

Motives, motives.......

Last edited:

Lisa-Marie could paint Michael as the best thing since slice bread, it does'nt erase what she said in the past and how she conducted herself publically.

It probably would be too much to hope that she would apologise for treating Michael as though he was'nt anything more than trash!

I'm gonna watch it, but I sincerely hope it does'nt leave me feeling like how the Janet/Oprah interview did.

Don't torture yourself.. It will leave you with the same feeling. I've lost all respect for Mike's younger sister that's for sure and after this debacle the same will be for Lisa Marie although I lost respect for her years ago.

I think she needs to clear her conscience....all the shit said about him in the past cannot be forgotten...she has already done her damage....what other shit can she possibly add. Disgusting that she would go on Oprah again and talk about Michael...I think her and Katherine should get together and exchange notes. I have no respect for either one of them. I use to for Katherine...I have since lost it. They have all sold Michael out once again.

WHAT THE :censored:!! :mad:

I think she needs to clear her conscience....all the shit said about him in the past cannot be forgotten...she has already done her damage....what other shit can she possibly add. Disgusting that she would go on Oprah again and talk about Michael...I think her and Katherine should get together and exchange notes. I have no respect for either one of them. I use to for Katherine...I have since lost it. They have all sold Michael out once again.

Katherine is not selling Michael, PERIOD. You should think before you post such crap. Katherine has a reason to for this interview and she has nothing to gain.

exactly.. no need at all.. so what did Oprah do? just call her up and say I want to interview you about Michael Jackson and she said 'yeah ok'?? Lisa should've said read my blog and I will not discuss MJ anymore. But I guess being classless is her way. I don't know many ex-wives that agree to talk about their former husbands of 15 years ago who are dead. There is nothing for her to talk about. They have no connection at all anymore, no kids from the union absolutely nothing. So why is she doing this?

Whatever Lisa does, it feels like she does it for her own well being.
She was chasing MJ shadow for 15 years with zero result in the end. Every time she talks about him in public (good or bad) seems to be like she is doing a mental therapy for herself plus attention and money as benefit on top of it. Lisa does not know how to stop and show appropriate behavior in this situation. This is who she is inside. I am sure she feels much better now because of his passing. She looks very happy with Oprah at this picture btw.

Last edited:

Hi, I apologize if this has been discussed already (I've gone through as much of the various threads that I could) but when Oprah did her show on pedophilia in 2005 (during jury deliberations), was it directly about Michael and the trial or just about pedophilia?

Was Michael discussed, directly?

Thanks in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back