Marlon Jackson Reacts to Reports Michael's Kids Will Appear on TV

rockstar

Proud Member
Marlon Jackson, the older brother of the late Michael Jackson, is speaking out to ET about reports that Michael's three children will appear in a reality television show.
Marlon tells ET: "The family is appalled about the stories that [Michael Jackson's] kids are being put in the reality show. The family would never put them in a compromising situation. They respect their privacy too much."
Marlon's comments to ET come on the heels of reports that surfaced this week which claimed that Michael's three children -- "Prince" Michael, Paris, and "Blanket" -- could appear in a reality TV program.
Keep checking back here for the latest.

here is link:http://www.etonline.com/gallery/2009/10/79729/index.html

Okay, I love Marlon... :wub:

But I think us fans should be more careful when we read news concerning Michael. We of all people should know that news about Michael are often lies or pure sensationalism.

Like what Mike said:

Just because you hear it from the TV screen or read it from the magazine dont make it factual, actual!

Thanks Marlon. :)

Btw, saw on AH that the show is basically focused on Tito, Marlon and Jackie. Jermaine is not always going to be part of the show. Janet and Katherine will make appearances. Randy and LaToya are not part of the show. This is from the mouths of the brothers.

Thanks Marlon. :)

Btw, saw on AH that the show is basically focused on Tito, Marlon and Jackie. Jermaine is not always going to be part of the show. Janet and Katherine will make appearances. Randy and LaToya are not part of the show. This is from the mouths of the brothers.

huh?:mello: y not Toy Toy?

Let's start a chant
*we want 'toya. We want 'Toya*

Yes, I am being cheeky.

Disclaimer:I know alot of peeps thinks she is a whackjob that talk too much, but overall I like her.:ph34r:

Honestly, I'll believe the kids aren't in it when I'll watch it, if I can watch it actually...

I just hope they are not. It would just be so wrong.

Marlon Jackson,
Marlon's comments to ET come on the heels of reports that surfaced this week which claimed that Michael's three children -- "Prince" Michael, Paris, and "Blanket" -- could appear in a reality TV program.

Hey I learnt a new internet lingo which I can use here......

TGIO

Thank God It's Over

I believe Catherine, they will not be shown at any programs.

From what I've read the reason why MJ's kids aren't in this was because the family recognise that would be going against Michael's wishes. Rebbie even said 'Michael would spin in his grave if he knew his kids would be appearing on a reality TV show.' Thank god they've stuck by Michael's wishes for his babies.

Thank God! I shuddered at the thought of the kids appearing on TV! MJ would be sooo not pleased... lol

From what I've read the reason why MJ's kids aren't in this was because the family recognise that would be going against Michael's wishes. Rebbie even said 'Michael would spin in his grave if he knew his kids would be appearing on a reality TV show.' Thank god they've stuck by Michael's wishes for his babies.

Which is why i was surprised when they had them so exposed at the memorial on tv.. and Paris made her speech.

You tell 'em Marlon. I know the Jacksons are sick of these crazy tabloids and their lies. Michael had the right idea about not believing them but unfortunately some people still do. Rebbie should sue them for making that phony quote about her, as if she she would ever talk to a trashy tabloid about her family.

I'm sorry Latoya's not on the show too.

They will appear , watch and see , once the ratings drop the kids will make an appearance . katheirne said no because Randy told her to say no. tomorrow is another story . when jermaine comes back , Randy will realise he is not the only one who makes decision especially in this case when all the siblings are part of the reality show except him .

they will tell him you want to be executor ,fine . but we have plans too . you are not going to make money out of this situation alone .

Marlon , jackie , jermaine, Randy ,Tito...etc waited 3 months to bury mj for this particular show . they left him in a freezer for almost three months , those people don't care about anyone's privacy . they will exploit the kids again.

Which is why i was surprised when they had them so exposed at the memorial on tv.. and Paris made her speech.
That surprised me too. I could understand having them get up front for the private memorial, but not the public one.

I'm glad they won't be exploited on the show, but in another way I would love to see them too.

LaToya reminds me of Michael so I too will miss her from the show. :sad:

Marlon , jackie , jermaine, Randy ,Tito...etc waited 3 months to bury mj for this particular show . they left him in a freezer for almost three months ,
So all of them were in control of when and where Michael was buried, and you're saying they waited 3 months to bury Michael, for the sake of this reality show? Do you have sources for that info or is this just your opinion?

Marlon Jackson, the older brother of the late Michael Jackson, is speaking out to ET about reports that Michael's three children will appear in a reality television show.
Marlon tells ET: "The family is appalled about the stories that [Michael Jackson's] kids are being put in the reality show. The family would never put them in a compromising situation. They respect their privacy too much."

:punk: Mr.Jackson would be pleased...!

:angel:Heal The World...WE Are The World...Education IS The Key~~~

does resepcting their privacy include not talking about their biology to the press. just asking

So all of them were in control of when and where Michael was buried, and you're saying they waited 3 months to bury Michael, for the sake of this reality show? Do you have sources for that info or is this just your opinion?

no I have no sources , of course they won't say we delayed his burial for the sake of the reality tv show. but that indeed what happened .

they said first we are waiting the brain ( avery small piece infact), it came back still they waited another month to bury him .

can you please tell me why the production crew was filming there ?

the reality show was recorded and done before mj's death, the siblings tried to sell it but no one NO ONE was interested at all because mj was not part of it , after his death the brothers were busy negotiating a new deal . and before his burial they signed a new deal , but the show now is not the original one recorded , the new deal says they have to be filmed dealing with the lose of mj and how his death affected them .
the funeral is part of it . they gave the public a teas and where mad when the world saw the kids putting the crown on the coffin ( sorry I highly doubt that was prince, paris and Blanket's idea)
that piece was very important part of the show .why that particual part , because actually that was the only part the media got after the jacksons stopped providing them with footage .

so when you see that part in the show, you know where you heard it first .:mello:

They will appear , watch and see , once the ratings drop the kids will make an appearance . katheirne said no because Randy told her to say no. tomorrow is another story . when jermaine comes back , Randy will realise he is not the only one who makes decision especially in this case when all the siblings are part of the reality show except him .

they will tell him you want to be executor ,fine . but we have plans too . you are not going to make money out of this situation alone .

Marlon , jackie , jermaine, Randy ,Tito...etc waited 3 months to bury mj for this particular show . they left him in a freezer for almost three months , those people don't care about anyone's privacy . they will exploit the kids again.

To much Speculation, DRAMA and attacks on the family over things you know nothing about _ You would make a great Tabloid writer :yes:

no it is not speculation at all, they indeed did that . they indeed said our offers for a reality show were turned down before mj's death . they indeed said we singned a deal after his death. they indeed said the shoq is going to talk about how we are dealing with mj's death . the production team for A&G was there filming the funeral , WHY?

and the crown stunt was like Marlon's stunt about Brandon . I'm no doubting the kids at all, but to me that whole crown idea seemed very FAKE

My goodness it seems every time the family comes out to counter or shutdown the lies been told by the media....people are always negative toward them. The story they ran was a lie....Katherine and Marlon came out said that this is in fact a lie and they would abide by Michael's wishes. I mean Michael's family has gone through the ups and downs he had with the media and they know what the media had and is currently saying about Michael.

I am glad they spoke up, because then just maybe people will see the media for what it is--a lying, money grubbing, divisive mongering outlet that needs regulating or some consistency of fair balance in their reporting.

My goodness it seems every time the family comes out to counter or shutdown the lies been told by the media....people are always negative toward them. The story they ran was a lie....Katherine and Marlon came out said that this is in fact a lie and they would abide by Michael's wishes. I mean Michael's family has gone through the ups and downs he had with the media and they know what the media had and is currently saying about Michael.

I am glad they spoke up, because then just maybe people will see the media for what it is--a lying, money grubbing, divisive mongering outlet that needs regulating or some consistency of fair balance in their reporting.

yeah they spoke up and accused another jackson of leaking the story :smilerolleyes: everyone of them is pointing the finger at the others .

A&E waffles on whether Jackson kids are in reality show

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The A&E network quickly backed away from an earlier assurance that Michael Jackson's three children "are not part of" a reality show it is taping with four of the pop star's brothers.

The network said late Wednesday it was "entirely possible" that "other members of the Jackson family" could appear on the show, but it is too soon to know.
US Weekly magazine quoted an unidentified source as saying that despite a sharp division in the Jackson family over the matter, Prince, 12, Paris, 11, and Blanket, 7, would be included in the show.
"The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty," which focuses on the lives of four of the Jackson brothers -- Jackie, Jermaine, Tito and Marlon -- was in the works before the singer's June 25 death.
"Filming is taking place right now," A&E said in the late Wednesday statement. "As production moves forward, it is entirely possible that the brothers' paths will intersect with other members of the Jackson family, who may or may not be included in the finished series. However, we cannot at this point definitively know who else may make an appearance in the series."
Earlier Wednesday, however, the network had seemed to rule out their appearance, saying, "They are not part of the series."
Jackson went to great lengths for years to keep his children out of the public eye, including covering their faces with masks and scarves.
It was only at the public memorial service for Jackson that the world got a close look at them -- and began learning about their personalities.
The magazine's source is quoted as saying that the oldest Jackson sister, Rebbie, "feels Michael would spin in his grave if he knew his kids would be on this show."
The public relations firm hired by the Jackson family soon after Michael Jackson's death issued a short statement Wednesday morning that did not dispute the US Weekly report.
"We are not going to comment," the statement said.
The decision would be left to Katherine Jackson, Michael's mother, according to the lawyer appointed in August to represent the children in the probate of their father's will. Katherine Jackson was given guardianship over the children by a Los Angeles judge.
The reality show is tentatively set to begin airing in December.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/14/ent.jackson.kids.tv/index.html

A & E better get their damn story straight!!!!!!!!

TMZ reported they personally spoke to Katherine on the phone yesterday and she said "NO KIDS ON TV for as long as she lives."

So we'll see WTF happens.

I just hate it - HATE IT - that the MJ3 are being pimped like bait just to leave the speculation there.

And as much love & respect & heartfelt care I feel for Mother Katherine, she better put her foot down or else Debbie Rowe will get the kids (including Blanket).

A&E waffles on whether Jackson kids are in reality show

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The A&E network quickly backed away from an earlier assurance that Michael Jackson's three children "are not part of" a reality show it is taping with four of the pop star's brothers.

The network said late Wednesday it was "entirely possible" that "other members of the Jackson family" could appear on the show, but it is too soon to know.
US Weekly magazine quoted an unidentified source as saying that despite a sharp division in the Jackson family over the matter, Prince, 12, Paris, 11, and Blanket, 7, would be included in the show.
"The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty," which focuses on the lives of four of the Jackson brothers -- Jackie, Jermaine, Tito and Marlon -- was in the works before the singer's June 25 death.
"Filming is taking place right now," A&E said in the late Wednesday statement. "As production moves forward, it is entirely possible that the brothers' paths will intersect with other members of the Jackson family, who may or may not be included in the finished series. However, we cannot at this point definitively know who else may make an appearance in the series."
Earlier Wednesday, however, the network had seemed to rule out their appearance, saying, "They are not part of the series."
Jackson went to great lengths for years to keep his children out of the public eye, including covering their faces with masks and scarves.
It was only at the public memorial service for Jackson that the world got a close look at them -- and began learning about their personalities.
The magazine's source is quoted as saying that the oldest Jackson sister, Rebbie, "feels Michael would spin in his grave if he knew his kids would be on this show."
The public relations firm hired by the Jackson family soon after Michael Jackson's death issued a short statement Wednesday morning that did not dispute the US Weekly report.
"We are not going to comment," the statement said.
The decision would be left to Katherine Jackson, Michael's mother, according to the lawyer appointed in August to represent the children in the probate of their father's will. Katherine Jackson was given guardianship over the children by a Los Angeles judge.
The reality show is tentatively set to begin airing in December.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/14/ent.jackson.kids.tv/index.html

A&E Going Against Michael Jackson's Wishes, Putting Kids on Reality Show
October 15, 2009 by Cassandra James

A&E Changing Its Mind as to Whether Jackson's Three Children Will Be on the Jacksons; a Family Dynasty

According to a story on CNN, A&E is going back on a statement they made yesterday saying Michael Jackson's three children would not be part of a reality show the network is filming with Michael Jackson's brothers. In a new development today, A&E is now saying

there's no telling who will appear on the show, entitled The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty. If Jackson brothers come across other family members while the filming is going on, its likely A&E would use the footage. In fact, if the three Jackson children were to be filmed, it's doubtful A&E would not air the footage as film of Michael Jackson's kids in their every day life would make millions for the network. But, is this what Michael Jackson himself would have wanted? And what will Michael Jackson's mother, the childrens' guardian, decide to do about it?

It's highly doubtful Michael Jackson would ever have agreed to his kids being filmed for a reality TV show. Throughout all of the childrens' lives, Michael Jackson made sure to keep them out of the public eye. He even went as far as to cover their faces when they went places in public, so that no one could take photos of them. It's also likely that during his memorial service, Jackson, if he could have done, would have been turning in his grave to see his children up on a stage with billions of people worldwide watching.

The three Jackson children, Prince, aged 12, Paris, 11, and Blanket, 7, are currently under the guardianship of Michael's mother, Katherine Jackson, and it would be up to her if the children were allowed on the TV show or not. Katherine Jackson is known to be a strong, wily woman who often goes after what is in her own best interests. During the initial court hearing when Katherine Jackson was given custody of Michael's three children, she also asked for a undisclosed, but likely large, sum of money for family allowance funds and another large sum for child support for the three children. On top of this, she demanded to see the contracts for concerts that Michael Jackson had signed with AEG, a concert promotion company.

Katherine Jackson, not happy with Michael Jackson's choice of two men to be executors of his will, his lawyer and a long-term friend, has tried to get them removed as executors. It looks like however that
Jackson anticipated this, as there's a provision in his will saying if any beneficiary of the will challenges the will's terms, they will be dropped as beneficiaries. Katherine Jackson is now asking the judge to remove this provision from the will. Her lawyer though says, if she is made a co-executor she will drop all complaints against the pair. Some might think that is suspicious, eh?

If you look at all the evidence about Katherine Jackson and her attitude towards money and control, it points to a high likelihood she would allow Michael Jackson's children to participate in a reality TV show if she felt it would earn her money. With the Jackson estate being said to be worth between $500 million and $2 billion, Katherine Jackson being in control of that estate would go a long way to getting the money to where she could spend it. And, with the Jackson children on a reality show, the money negotiated for their appearances would become part of the estate. With Michael Jackson's childrens' trust funds also being tied up in the estate, that's probably another reason Jackson made sure his lawyer and long-term friend were the executors, and not his mother.

The A&E reality show will be aired in early December, and only time will tell if the three Jackson children will be in it. If Katherine Jackson has any say-so though, it's a safe bet they will be.

SOURCES:

CNN - A&e waffles on whether Jackson kids on reality show

CNN - Michael Jackson's mom gets custody of kids

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2288049/ae_going_against_michael_jacksons_wishes_pg2_pg2.html?cat=2

Back