Michael 3rd Most Legendary

a recent pepsi ad? sorry i have no idea about this at all? whatwas it the standard bj song or a remix? in the uk or usa etc?

Last edited:
a recent pepsi ad? sorry i have no idea about this at all?

You said Little Less Conversation only went to #1 because it was in the Nike ads.
Billie Jean also went to #1 back in the 80s and was used in the Pepsi ads at the time. So would you say that's the only reason it went to #1? No, people liked the song. As they liked Little Less Conversation.

Billie Jean as in the pepsi commercials? Wasnt that AFTER Billie jean was already a big hit? 84?

ah now i get you lol converation was a remix that was only released and know about because it was used in the nike advert. u cant compair it with a brand new release. its not in the same bracket at all. now if BJ was remixed and then sorely used for a big advert and then released because of that then u can compair because its the same thing.its a very weak comparision

Last edited:
Ugh. This is getting ridiculous now.
I dont have to 'proove a point' to you. The numbers speak for themselves. But fair enough you go on thinking Michael is more famous if it helps you sleep better. The rest will face reality.

Is Elvis famous in Africa ?

I 'm from Africa and as far as i know ,alomost NOBODY speak about him
At the contrary michael is hugely popular in AFrica , my Gran-mother who has 95 and lives in countryside does know michael and she realy love him despite all the crap,she loves his dancing and singing , but strange she doesn't know NOTHING about Elvis !

africa doesnt excist to certain ppl after all the world doesnt matter only what u do in one country even if garth brooks is the biggest seller there lol mj is the only artist who crossed all the barriers. thats probably why some have such issues with him.

Last edited:
well im sure we know why. EP was the white boy who made good taking black music and making it suitable for the white folks hence the changing of history that he some how created rock and roll and forget about the likes of Ike turner etc. at the end of the day the wolrd is bigger than the USA and the agendas that go on there.mj will never beable to compete withthat as we have seen so he did the best next thing. owns elvis songs and ****** his daughter.

i promised myself lastnight i would have to stay away from this thread as it's become too hostile.

but what astounds me about your comment here,is how you could actually make it.it's pretty low to be honest & the part where you say michael owns his songs & *******his daughter is sick!

ike turner the woman beater/drug user? why even bring the man into it? & you have also made this into a race issue which is wrong & leaves me in no doubt the type of 'fan' you are.

for what you said in the above quote 'shame on you'.shame on you big time.

Last edited:
Is Elvis famous in Africa ?

I 'm from Africa and as far as i know ,alomost NOBODY speak about him
At the contrary michael is hugely popular in AFrica , my Gran-mother who has 95 and lives in countryside does know michael and she realy love him despite all the crap,she loves his dancing and singing , but strange she doesn't know NOTHING about Elvis !

Africa? Where did that come from? This is all about AMERICA.

i promised myself lastnight i would have to stay away from this thread as it's become too hostile.

but what astounds me about your comment here,is how you could actually make it.it's pretty low to be honest & the part where you say michael owns his songs & *******his daughter is sick!

ike turner the woman beater/drug user? why even bring the man into it? & you have also made this into a race issue which is wrong & leaves me in no doubt the type of 'fan' you are.

Totally agree. Absolutely well said.

The whole list is a joke.

I mean the actor one rating Will Smith as the 5th greatest male actor on screen.

Shows morons voted.

MANY PEOPLE DO... That is why I posted.. I did not bring it up, untill others mentioned it.. MANY people care...

The big argument that is going on is about WHO'S BIGGER?? Well SALES is a large way to help with this idea.. Knowing that an estimate of 60% of Elvis's sales come straight from U.S., and majority of that left over 40% came from Europe.

Sales and WHERE they come from say alot..

Sales speaks by itself ? of course that's why saying elvis IS bigger with tha sale of his more than 100 albums than michael with only 6 albums humm.... do the maths please !
Elvis more than 100 albums = 1 BILLION copies
Michael with 6 albums = 750 million copies

Do the maths guy !

But you are right for the " WHERE they come from "

lol, my bad. I was kind of arguing Elvis' point anyway. But I was still basing it on worldwide status. That's why I was having a hard time arguing why Elvis is more popular, more influential and more legendary than MJ, because I was basing it on worldwide status, in which they're both pretty much equal. But in the US alone Elvis is far more popular and successful than Michael.

lol, my bad. I was kind of arguing Elvis' point anyway. But I was still basing it on worldwide status. That's why I was having a hard time arguing why Elvis is more popular, more influential and more legendary than MJ, because I was basing it on worldwide status, in which they're both pretty much equal. But in the US alone Elvis is far more popular and successful than Michael.

Yeah definately he is here in America. I know Michaels more popular over in other Countries and thats only normal cause Elvis never got the chance to tour over there. But yeah thats all about America what that article was about. Elvis definately takes that one hands down.

I thought we were talking in a worldwide sense.

didnt u know america is the world lol.

I mean the actor one rating Will Smith as the 5th greatest male actor on screen.

Shows morons voted.

LOL

btw dont tell me they are still peddaling the one billion story lol

ike turner the woman beater/drug user? why even bring the man into it?

i mentioned Ike because he is one of the real founders of rock and roll. who gets discredited because of the media changing history to suit their agenda.

for what stating the fact the mj owns EP songs and married his daughter. yeah like certain ppl were loving the fact she married him i dont think. bet they were thanking god that they never had kids

in no doubt the type of 'fan' you are.

do tell me then.

Last edited:
Totally agree. Absolutely well said.

cheers suspicious.you & i,both love & have respect for elvis.but for some reason,some of the michael jackson fans (of which both you & i are,& thats why we are here)feel that we (also elvis fans) need to defend him,& some of the michael jackson fans are so incredibly bitter because of how the last 15-years have turned out in michaels personal life feel the need to attack somebody like elvis.a man who also had values.to justify why they love michael to themselves.i love michael for his art.pure & simple.i dont need to give myself reasons why i love him like some of the more insecure fan or 2 here.

this thread is gone beyond me,because some of the mj fans are actually nasty in their language & are resorting to things like trying to tarnish elvis as a person,making it a race issue,& the lowest form in my opinion 'using the fact that michael owns elvis's songs,& saying stuff like mj f##king his daughter'sick!

theirs clearly a bunch of kids here that (to be honest) dont have a clue about the music world outside michael jackson,mtv & todays pop charts & this TRL crap.i give up on some of them because they are so steeped in bitterness they are attacking people for liking other artists.

id forget about this particular thread mate,as some of them are just blind & ignorant to the fact that other artists exist/existed,made a mark & influenced.they see such comments as saying that artist is better than michael jackson.too many fans too busy fighting a cause that doesn't exist a misreading/misunderstanding what others are saying.

& after i post this comment,i'll still get a response to suggest im against michael.

Last edited:
very true lol 60 plus will do me.

Last edited:
cheers suspicious.you & i,both love & have respect for elvis.but for some reason,some of the michael jackson fans (of which both you & i are,& thats why we are here)feel that we (also elvis fans) need to defend him,& some of the michael jackson fans are so incredibly bitter because of how the last 15-years have turned out in michaels personal life feel the need to attack somebody like elvis.a man who also had values.to justify why they love michael to them selves.i love michael for is art.pure & simple.i dont need to give myself reasons why i love him like some some of the more insecure fan or 2 here.

this thread is gone beyond me,because some of the mj fans are actually nasty in their language & are resorting to things like trying to tarnish elvis as a person,making it a race issue,& the lowest form in my opinion 'using the fact that michael owns elvis's songs,& saying stuff like mj f##king his daughter'sick!

theirs clearly a bunch of kids here that (to be honest) dont have a clue about the music world outside michael jackson,mtv & todays pop charts & this TRL crap.i give up on some of them because they are so steeped in bitterness they are attacking people for liking other artists.

id forget about this particular thread mate,as some of them are just blind & ignorant to the fact that other artists exist/existed,made a mark & influenced.they see such comments as saying that artist is better than michael jackson.too many fans too busy fighting a cause that doesn't exist a misreading/misunderstanding what others are saying.

& after i post this comment,i'll still get a response to suggest im against michael.

I know EXACTLY what u mean! Im sure some think im a Michael hater since i like Elvis better and thats so not true. I know talent when i see it and i personally think Elvis had more of it. Does that mean i hate Michael? No....like u said we are here so obviously we like Michael. Just some fans are like Michael is IT and thats IT. And thats just not true in most cases.
Its really pointless posting in here...its scary really how some fans think that if they like someone else they arent fans anymore.
They constantly have to say Michael was the best when they havent a clue at all. They have to make fun of Elvis and disgrace his memory - someone who wasnt even around when they were born. Let him rest in peace for heavens sake! He deserves to be considered legendary! I like Britney Spears but that dosent mean i think she should be legendary..does anyone even know what legendary means? NOT RECORD SALES as mentioned 12 million times in this thread....

for what stating the fact the mj owns EP songs and married his daughter. yeah like certain ppl were loving the fact she married him i dont think. bet they were thanking god that they never had kids

no.for saying 'michael has the next best thing,owning elvis's songs & ###### his daughter'!

thats what you said,thats the manner in which you said it & thats the language you used!

no need to reply to this.im done with it.you were wrong to say it & end of story.

Africa? Where did that come from? This is all about AMERICA.

OK so Africa IS NOT a part of the world for you , so i start to understand

So you said in a post that right now MJ is not as popular as he used to be before , right however he still can be named N 3 BY AMERICAN although NO ONE in your area doesn't like him which means that the WHOLE AMERICA does not like him anymore , so can you explain me how he succeede to be N 3 whereas NOBODY like him anymore in AMERICA ?

well he marrierd her and owned some of his songs. if some cant get over it its their problem. the same who hate on the fact that mj owns most of the songs that are worth owning in the industry.

Well it is true. I mean, Michael ###### her. He ###### her good.

exactly and she kept going back for years afterwards lol

Last edited:
Back